Ishe Smith Vs. Ahmed Kaddour on The Contender

March 14, 2005 12:03 AM by Joe Blackmon

Ishe_smithAhmed_kaddourThe fight that was being built up in the first two preview episodes of The Contender finally happened in the March 13, 2005 premiere of The Contender.  The West Coast Contender boxers once again won the competition, and Ishe Smith from the West Coast chose to box Ahmed Kaddour from the East Coast.  Ishe and Ahmed had an obvious dislike for one another, and it had looked like they might fight one another before even making it to the ring.  As Ishe and Ahmed squared off in the ring, the cameras panned the crowed, and they showed a glimpse of several stars including Mr. T sitting ringside.  Mr. T’s presence seemed appropriate since Ahmed Kaddour had a Hollywood type flair reminiscent of Mr. T.  In contrast, Ishe Smith was built up as the family man boxer.  After a quick start by Ahmed Kaddour, Ishe Smith quickly took control of the fight and won in an unanimous decision.

Topics: The Contender |

36 Responses to “Ishe Smith Vs. Ahmed Kaddour on The Contender”

1. Tim Says:
    March 15th, 2005 at 11:30 pm

Ishe Smith showed alot of respect by not lowering himself to pigheaded Ahmed Kaddour actions and beating him. Ahmed didnt show any respect towards boxing, his peers,and most importantly SOCIETY!

2. rema Says:
    March 20th, 2005 at 12:18 am

Ahmed is still the best in my eyes and my heart.. Much love to you Ahmed..

3. Eastside Says:
    March 23rd, 2005 at 12:32 pm

I didn’t like the fact that Ahmed was cocky but when you’ve got the skills that he has, you kinda can’t blame him. There’s also some resemblance to the cocky attitude of Muhammad Ali in his prettyness. Even though Muhammad Ali was cocky in that sort of way he still achieved greatness plus I can’t forget it was Ishe that started the rivalry by picking on Ahmed. If only Ahmed didn’t have his head full of anger and pride, he might have gotten his head straight and won but I guess that’s a flaw he’s gotta work on. He’s got a good record though so you can’t hate.

4. Anonymous Says:
    March 29th, 2005 at 12:08 pm

its a shame that ahmed lost hes a brilliant boxer and looks gd

5. Taz Says:
    April 2nd, 2005 at 12:45 pm

i thought ahmed was totaly robbed of his victory it was very obvious to me that ishe was making contact with ahmed with his punches but as ahmed had such a tight guard these punches by ishe was only hitting the gloves of ahmed, whereas ahmed was landing good punches even within the first 10 seconds of the fight. Ahmed was robbed

6. siavash Montazeri Says:
    April 3rd, 2005 at 2:00 pm

I agree, Ahmed was robbed of his victory. Ishe’s punches were not connecting with Ahmed’s head and were hitting his gloves.
    Ahmed totally outboxed Ishe and he even knocked him down in the third round with a classic upper cut. You could see Ahmed is a man with no fear from the start of the fight and I love the arrogance about him.I hop he makes it big because he desserves it.

7. Siy Says:
    April 3rd, 2005 at 2:46 pm

People see him as arrogant, too confident and cocky, but really he’s only super confident – and he damn right should be with the skills and talk he shows. I saw him winning 2 rounds easily and maybe another. Ahmed should have won that but he only lost cause he took it well personal and didn’t have a game plan. Ishe Smith though is still a brilliant boxer, but I prefer Ahmed cause of his arrogance.

He’s gonna go big, next world champ – The next De la Hoya

8. amina Says:
    April 4th, 2005 at 9:08 am

Talented, good looking, motivated , all sum up ahmed in 3 words. Ahmed is a great boxer and I feel that he is a big role model to all amateur boxers. I love his attitude. Someone mentioned ahmed being pigheaded I totally disagree with this whoever wrote it must be some jealous talent less freak!!! I mean the fact that ahmed lost the fight against ishe just made ahmed stronger inside he was still ready to go back in the ring again for a rematch that was jus a eye opener for him to be aware that jus a bit more and he could knock him out!!!thats all for know p.s. Ahmed is future mike tyson

9. kiss ma arse Says:
    April 5th, 2005 at 1:22 pm

ahmed is sooooo fly. and he gonna be big tings . no doubt.

10. face Says:
    April 6th, 2005 at 5:14 pm

ahmed was the worst boxer on the night and still is tyhe worst boxer. Ishe shown pride passion and determination by beating that arrogant little son of a b**ch and Ahmed was lucky Sugar Ray didnt give hime a wat wud have ben seen as a just deserved lesson when they were sparring

11. reg Says:
    April 6th, 2005 at 5:16 pm

Ahmed is an absolute s**t box and will get a good kickin one day messin that little face of his right up

12. The True Voice Says:
    April 8th, 2005 at 4:20 am

Ahmed did go over the top when boxing sugar, i agree with that. Its funny how Ishe starts the whole thing with Ahmed and then goes bak to his wife to cry his little eyes out. I almost felt sorry for him…NOT. Ishe was jelous of what he wore the scrat bag and of what he looked like. I mean with them big lips, of course he wud be jelous of him! The muppet.

Ahmed had no fear of any1 and he undoubtedly has the skill. As for Ishe, he is nothing bt a COWARD! Laterz

13. reality Says:
    April 11th, 2005 at 3:08 pm

Yo people listen: anyone who acts that cocky is covering up their own sense of personal weakness; Ahmed actually had no cool: he flipped off the crowd and had no respect for anyone; and wake up: look into his eyes at the beginning of the fight – he was scared. And he’s still fuming about the fight to this day to again cover up his weakness; Ishe Smith beat him and properly squelched his spirit.

14. Talal Says:
    May 14th, 2005 at 7:13 pm

Mna evry1 shutup….ahmed’d fiance is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy!! defo the sexiest girl av eva set eyes on.

15. BOXER Says:
    May 25th, 2005 at 3:50 pm

ishe is king ahmed was a fukin pussy hu was goin down from day 1 ishe dominated the ring and actually i think ull find more of ishes punches connected than ahmeds also if ahmed is fearless and ishe is a coward how cum ishe picked ahmed to box against that must mean ahmed is crap

16. jamal Says:
    May 28th, 2005 at 1:31 pm

Ahmed will someday be the next muhamed ali.When he fought Alfonso Gomez he almost knocked him out.Anybody that say he’s a wus or pigheaded are just lealous because he’s an awesome boxer.He could beat up Ishe or anybody in the contender and that’s a fact.

17. CAUTION Says:
    May 31st, 2005 at 7:14 pm

Ahmed is the best contender period and he will be back GO Ahmed

18. Diesel Says:
    July 22nd, 2005 at 2:33 pm

I was at that fight, Ahmed got beat. He’s a good fighter and arrogance is okay too, but he has to learn how to throw his hands more. Inactivity cost him that fight, he dropped the ball in both of his fights. Ishe is the one who got robbed against Sergio!
    Ahmed may get a shot at a World Title, but he’ll get knocked out.

19. criz Says:
    August 3rd, 2005 at 10:22 am

u r a d**khed true voice. Y r u picking on ishe? He is an ace boxer and WILL be a world champ

20. criz Says:
    August 4th, 2005 at 8:46 am

kaddour is sh*t nd sugar beat him well and truly up!

21. C-Boxing Says:
    August 4th, 2005 at 4:47 pm

Ishe should have won

22. C-Boxing Says:
    August 4th, 2005 at 4:48 pm

criz I love you for sticking wit Ishe and don’t worry ima chick

23. criz Says:
    August 10th, 2005 at 11:47 am

i luv u 2 c-boxing and ne1 hoo sticks wiv ishe is ma best buddie

24. criz Says:
    August 15th, 2005 at 10:28 am

ahmed is more bark than bite, sizzle than steak, flash than cash and deserved wot e got

25. ahmed b. kaddour Says:
    October 14th, 2005 at 2:34 am

hey, everybody i am ahmeds cousin and im not biased, the guy is a stud/unbelievable – youll a bunch of haters- c’mon look at the guys pride record and aye the contender is bullshit, fu** it, 5 rds is garbage these guys are pros. ahmed is 19-2 and those 2 loses are from contender-hollywood tv bullshit- in the real world is wut counts. face it if alfonso gone 7 rounds he woundnt lasted-get real it was over for him look at both of there faces ishe and slfonxo and then look at kaddour???? think!

26. Tommy Says:
    January 13th, 2006 at 10:57 am

Ahmed is a much better fighter then Ishe. Man.. I was so sad when Ahmed lost and Ishe won. Ahmed was so good. Only thing I didnt like of ahmed whas how he went on against sugar ray. Fuck Ishe I hate that guy.. Big mouth but no skills. I hope there will be a rematch between them. Than Ahmed will show the whole world how good he is and what a pussy Ishe is. And by the way Ahmeds girlfriend is so HOT!!!

27. WaX Says:
    January 13th, 2006 at 11:03 am

I agree tommy. Ahmed would knock Ishe out. Ishe is nothing I hate that bitch. My favoutite fighters are Ahmed, Jesse,Tariq,Joey and Peter.

28. Chris Says:
    January 13th, 2006 at 11:16 am

I dont understand why people attack Ahmed while they actually should be attackig Ishe. He was the one who started the feud. Ahmed showed no fear and Ishe was crying. I know Ahmed was cocky and stuff like that. But Ishe was FAKE. Ahmed will beat him up dude. Ishe will be crawling back home to his big fat attitude wife. While Ahmeds chick Brandy is soo sexy…dude I dream every night of her.

29. Kung_Fu_dude Says:
    January 15th, 2006 at 7:16 am

I Was so ready for this fight dude… Ahmed Kaddour versus Ishe smith…Ahmed should’ve won that fight man. That guy would crush him. Ishe smith is nothing dude…I hope there will be a rematch…I know Ahmed was cocky but hey Mo Ali was cocky 2. Ishe hat to much selfesteem if u ask me. I cant w8 for the rematch dude

30. Waqas Says:
    January 17th, 2006 at 8:07 am

Ahmed is better than Ishe man.. Ishe is a Fakebitch with all his talk. Why didnt he fought Ahmed immediately and let Jesse fight first. I have no respect for him at all. The feud between the 2 of them started earlier. It started at the tryouts. Ishe and his friends trashtalked against him when he walked in the hotel where all the fighters were because he was wearing beautiful clothes. I was there man i saw Ishe trashtalking to him for nothing and saying that being an european champion is nothing. Man… I would love 2 see a rematch…ahmed will destroy him… when there gonna fight in a real boxingmatch instead of that fake hollywood boxingbullshit. Although I liked the contender very much. Why did Ishe trashtalked with everybody like Jesse, Anthony and Peter and why did Ahmed only with Ishe…man THINK about it. So this is what I ask of all the true boxers out there if you ever see Ishe Smith, WHOOP HIS ASS
    Hit him with sticks, bricks, rocks, throw shit at him
    Kick him, spit on him, treat him like a hoe, bitch-slap him
    Do it for Jesse, do it for Ahmed, do it for Anthony
    Do it for Peter, do it for boxing, do it for Europe
    Do it for Fun, do it just to do it, fuck it
    He’s a bitch, he ain’t gon’ hit you back, he’s nothin!
    Shit in five years we’ll all be seeing him in the gym
    And he’ll be bussin rings that bitch, cleanin the toilets

31. Jonathan Says:
    January 19th, 2006 at 8:50 am

I hate them both…Ishe and ahmed. But I hate ahmed less because he didnt fool around when it comes up to a fight. Ishe hasnt got the boxing mentality. I think in a few years Ahmed will become the world middleweight champion…I hate him. But heck better him than that fakeboxer Ishe “bitch” smith.

32. Mohammed Says:
    January 20th, 2006 at 5:36 am

Brandy is Hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

33. ashley Says:
    February 1st, 2006 at 3:04 am

Ahmed had Ishe beat before the match even started. Let’s face it, Ishe might think he was triumphant but in truth, he only marginally walked away with the win due to his experience. Ishe picked on Ahmed to mentally bring him down, but eventually it had a reverse effect. Ishe Felt fear. And once a fighter tastes fear before a fight, he will always have this problem looming over him. Ahmed tore a deep gash in Ishe’s game, and Ishe walked away mentally injured forever.

As for the fight iteslf, Ahmed showed his mental strength, walked away with his head up high and ready to face tomorrow. That is a true fighter. He will be back and he has the potential. You can call him arrogant… but I dont remember a great fighter who wasnt. They have to be… what do you want … someone who cries ‘mummy’ before a game… like Ishe. Ishe was fake, when the fight was on.. he wanted to back out… but Ahmed was for real.

Ishe shouldnt have picked on him… so what, if he wears flashy clothes and wasnt born in america. As the prejudice IShe said ‘this is america’… so what… just get on with it.

34. NoGame Says:
    February 4th, 2006 at 10:34 am

u damn right ashley….i saw fear in ishe’s eyes

35. ContenderSeason 2 Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 5:12 pm

Does anyone know when season 2 is going to be on tv??!

36. Yo Says:
    March 25th, 2006 at 2:41 pm

yo man…Ahmed ia a great fighter people got a wrong impression of him. just take a look at this and than you will see what a great heart he has.

take care