April 13, 2005 11:01 PM by Joe Blackmon
"Episode 320" – Witness the all-new and exciting makeovers of Nathaniel, a 29-year old stock car racing fan and quality assurance worker from Florence, KY, and Katie, an 18-year-old youth center attendant from Stanton, CA, on "Extreme Makeover," THURSDAY, APRIL 14 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Nathaniel and Katie were given a life-changing experience, as they were able to change their looks in an effort to transform their lives and destinies and to make their dreams come true. This was all accomplished through the skills of an "Extreme Team," including plastic surgeons and cosmetic dentists, along with a talented team of hair and makeup artists, stylists and personal trainers. In addition, participants recuperate at the "Makeover Mansion," the new, luxurious mansion tucked away in the Hollywood Hills, CA, complete with stunning views, a swimming pool, fully equipped home gym and big screen televisions.
Nathaniel was the first person to graduate from college in his family, but has been rejected for decent jobs because of his appearance and terrible looking teeth. As a former psychology major, he’s frustrated that he’s been unable to fully utilize his intelligence, working instead on assembly lines and at gas stations. An avid stock car racing fan, he fantasizes of being a winner — especially at the Indy 500. But his ultimate dream is to get married and have a family. Nathaniel is about to take the ride of his life when the "Extreme Team" perform some major body work before sending him across the finish line as a winner. Indy 500 star Dan Wheldon introduces Nathaniel’s new look and offers a sweet surprise at his reveal at the Indy 500 Hall of Fame museum in Indianapolis.
Nathaniel’s procedures included a nose job, crow’s feet release, brow lift, LASIK eye surgery, acne treatment, glycolic peel, diamond peel, 16 extractions, 9 root canals, 10 immediate load implants, 24 da Vinci porcelain crowns and veneers.
Nathaniel’s "Extreme Team" included:
* Dr. Garth Fisher, a prominent board-certified plastic surgeon who has performed more than 7,000 surgeries
* Dentist Dr. William Dorfman, one of the pioneers of tooth whitening. Celebrity clientele includes Matthew Perry, Usher, Ali Landry, Brooke Burke and Melissa Joan Hart
* Periodontist Jeffrey Ganeles, D.M.D., F.A.C.D, creator of TeethToday
* Endodontist Fred Monempour, D.D.S.
* Dr. Robert Maloney, considered one of the 10 best LASIK surgeons in the world, who has performed LASIK surgery on such celebrities as Cindy Crawford and Barry Manilow
* Dermatologist Ava T. Shamban, owner and director of the Laser Institute for Dermatology in Santa Monica
* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura , who has served as celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV’s "Movie House" and the Osbournes
* Master body sculptor and rapid weight-loss expert Michael Thurmond, who trains various red-carpet celebrities
* Hairstylist Mauricio Ribeiro
* Colorist Kim Vo of B2V Salon
* Makeup artist Darcy Gilmore
* As per Michael Thurmond’s customized diet regimens, gourmet custom meals are provided by Sally Ann Catering
For Katie, an extreme makeover will not just fulfill a dream but also perform a miracle. She is the first teenager to receive an extreme makeover not only for her appearance but to correct a life threatening deformity. Katie suffers from a severe overgrowth of her lower jaw that, if uncorrected, can lead to premature tooth loss, breaking of the teeth and choking. She’s now eligible for a remarkable procedure that will align her jaw and correct her deformity. It’s a dream transformed into a medical miracle by Dr. Tim Silegy, who alters the inner architecture of the human face.