April 20, 2005 11:01 PM by Joe Blackmon
"Episode 321" – Witness the all-new and exciting makeovers of Caitlyn, a 21-year-old homemaker from Philadelphia, PA and Ingrid, a 35-year-old accountant from Aurora, CO, on "Extreme Makeover," THURSDAY, APRIL 21 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Caitlyn and Ingrid were given a life-changing experience, as they were able to change their looks in an effort to transform their lives and destinies and to make their dreams come true. This was all accomplished through the skills of an "Extreme Team," including plastic surgeons and cosmetic dentists, along with a talented team of hair and makeup artists, stylists and personal trainers. In addition, participants recuperate at the "Makeover Mansion," the new, luxurious mansion tucked away in the Hollywood Hills, CA, complete with stunning views, a swimming pool, fully equipped home gym and big screen televisions.
Since her unplanned pregnancy at a young age, Caitlyn has devoted her life to being a loving and responsible mother. A young mother of three, Caitlin’s oldest son was born with cystic fibrosis, a genetic disorder that affects the respiratory, digestive and reproductive systems. She spends her day caring for her young children and her evenings going back to school. Though her long term goal is to be a labor/delivery nurse, for now Caitlyn is studying to be an auto mechanic. This is a young woman who had to grow up very fast, and her prematurely aged body makes her feel like a 21-year-old who’s been accelerated to middle-age. She’d like an extreme makeover to repair her aged appearance so she can look and feel like a young woman again.
Caitlyn’s procedures included a nose job, lower eyelid lift, liposelection of chin, abdomen, inner and outer thighs, breast lift and augmentation, tummy tuck, Schlerotherapy (leg vein treatment), Fotofacials, chemical peel, Restylane for lips, laser treatment of stretch marks, topical acne treatments, root canals, cosmetic reshaping, bonding and Zoom whitening.
Caitlyn’s "Extreme Team" included:
* Dr. Anthony Griffin, a prominent board-certified plastic surgeon, considered one of the foremost authorities on plastic surgery for African Americans and ethnic skin types
* Dentist Dr. William Dorfman, one of the pioneers of tooth whitening. Celebrity clientele includes Matthew Perry, Usher, Ali Landry, Brooke Burke and Melissa Joan Hart
* Dermatologist Ava T. Shamban, owner and director of the Laser Institute for Dermatology in Santa Monica
* Endodontist Fred Monempour, D.D. S.
* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura, who has served as celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV’s "Movie House" and the Osbournes
* Master body sculptor and rapid weight-loss expert Michael Thurmond, who trains various red-carpet celebrities
* Hairstylist Guy Riggio of Sally Hershberger at John Frieda
* Colorist Jonathan Gale
* Makeup artist Darcy Gilmore
* Eyebrow artist Anastasia of Beverly Hills
* As per Michael Thurmond’s customized diet regimens, gourmet custom meals are provided by Sally Ann Catering
Ingrid is tired of feeling invisible because of her appearance. For years she’s been passed up for jobs because of her looks, particularly her bad skin and wild and frizzy hair. Many times employers have scheduled job interviews with her, but once they saw her, they would turn her away and claim they weren’t hiring. Ingrid’s dream is to own an accounting consulting business. However, before she can help business owners get a handle on their finances, Ingrid wants an extreme makeover to help her get a handle on her overall appearance.