The Law Firm A New Reality TV Show Announced

May 05, 2005 11:15 PM by Joe Blackmon

NBC has announced a new reality TV show called The Law Firm will premiere on Wednesday, July 27 at 9P.M. ET.  "The Law Firm" is an eight-episode alternative drama series from multiple Emmy Award-winning producer David E. Kelley that features real lawyers competing against each other while trying actual court cases with in front of real judges and juries — resulting in outcomes that are final, legal and binding for the parties.

Premier trial attorney and legal analyst Roy Black is the managing partner of "The Law Firm," which is executive-produced by Kelley ("The Practice," "Ally McBeal," "L.A. Law"), David Garfinkle ("Surreal Life," "Blind Date"), Jay Renfroe ("Surreal Life," "Blind Date"), Jonathan Pontell ("Ally McBeal," "Boston Public") and Robert Breech ("The Practice," "L.A. Law").

As managing partner, Black will decide which of the 12 "legal eagles" will be eliminated in each episode. Smart, strong-willed and fiercely competitive, the attorneys work together in different teams each week, battling tight deadlines, intense pressure and even each other as they strategize, prepare and try their cases. The compelling cases include First Amendment issues, wrongful death cases and neighbor disputes, among others. Distinguished judges will decide some of the cases, while a jury determines the others. In the end, the top attorney will win a prize of $250,000. "The Law Firm" is produced by Renegade 83 Productions in association with David E. Kelley Productions and 20th Century Fox Television.

Topics: The Law Firm |

16 Responses to “The Law Firm A New Reality TV Show Announced”

1. Douglas Says:
    May 6th, 2005 at 7:49 am

Are any of the Apprentice lawyers going to be on it?

2. Joe Reality Says:
    May 6th, 2005 at 10:46 pm

I haven’t heard anything about The Apprentice lawyers being on the show, but it is by the same network that airs The Apprentice so you never know.

3. Attorney at Law Says:
    May 11th, 2005 at 8:01 pm

I am sorry that some people would prefer to pretend to be a lawyer rather than representing clients. I do not plan to watch. I get to play reality t.v. everyday.
    Being a lawyer is my life. Hopefully, it will be an educational tool for the viewers. If I hear that, I will watch!

4. Ellen Says:
    July 25th, 2005 at 2:35 pm

What is the name of the song and artist of the commercial for the Law Firm?

5. Waldo Says:
    July 25th, 2005 at 4:04 pm

Has anyone seen my pants?

6. Katie Says:
    July 27th, 2005 at 12:58 am

What is the name of the song and artist of the commercial for the Law Firm?

I want to know that answer to the question too!! I know the lyrics go- “Light up, light up, as if you had a choice. Baby I can hear your voice- I’ll be coming home to you.” Something like that. I put in it for search on google, but nothing comes up. Someone please help. Thanks!! :)

7. Katie Says:
    July 27th, 2005 at 1:19 am

I found the answer to my own question. The theme song is, “Run,” by Final Straw. It’s great!!

Light up, light up
    As if you have a choice
    Even if you cannot hear my voice
    I’ll be right beside you dear

8. Melissa Says:
    July 31st, 2005 at 4:13 pm

What’s Olivier’s last name?

9. kristen Says:
    August 5th, 2005 at 4:36 pm

i have been lookingfor hte name of that song for weeks. thanks

10. Danelle Says:
    August 13th, 2005 at 1:32 pm

Why wasn’t the law firm on this week? Was it cancelled? My tivo has no upcoming showings for it. Does anyone know?

11. Stacy Says:
    August 18th, 2005 at 2:09 pm

Bravo September 4th-Sister station of NBC will be running the last 6 episodes

12. GAIL Says:
    August 18th, 2005 at 8:26 pm

I have missed last two weeks of the law firm. tv listings states thursdays @9pm what’s going on?

13. James Says:
    August 19th, 2005 at 3:50 pm

The song “Run” is by Snow Patrol. “Final Straw” is the name of the album.

14. jas Says:
    January 17th, 2006 at 2:04 pm

What’s Olivier’s last name? And who won the contest? let me know please?

15. jas Says:
    January 17th, 2006 at 2:05 pm

What’s Olivier’s last name? And who won the contest? let me know please?

16. Ashley Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 1:23 pm

Katie, It’s not by Final Straw. That’s just the name of the CD. It’s by Snow Patrol.

Comments