Paula Abdul Pokes Fun of American Idol Scandal on Saturday Night Live

May 07, 2005 11:57 PM by Joe Blackmon

Paula_abdul_tshirts_1Paula Abdul appeared on Saturday Night Live and poked fun of the recent American Idol scandal about her and Corey Clark in the opening segment.  Paula announced the segment by saying that “all the facts have been changed to get laughs at my expense.”  The segment opens as a follow-up to ABC’s PrimeTime Live “Fallen Ido”l special saying that “former American Idol contestant Corey Clark has remembered more details about his alleged relationship with American Idol judge Paula Abdul.”  Corey Clark (who is played by Finesse Mitchell) opens up by saying “Yeah, me and her were like sexually active, yeah.”  Corey then holds up a receipt that he says is from Carl’s Jr. where he bought a fish sandwich.  He says he paid for the fish sandwich with cash given to him by Paula Abdul because he “didn’t have money for luxuries like that.”

Another part of the segment shows Paula Abdul (who is played by Amy Poehler) giving a critique of one of Corey’s performances saying “That was beautiful.  You really blew me away.  It’s just like I rolled over and said to you this morning.  You have real star quality.  I’ll see you at home.”

When asked why he is making these accusations now, Corey says, “I just wants to clear my name before my record comes out, and before my book comes out, and before I start selling these t-shirts.”  Corey then holds up a t-shirt that says, “I did it with Paula Abdul.”  Corey adds that the t-shirts will be on sale at Von’s and on his mama’s porch.

When Corey is asked if he thinks Paula slept with other contestants, he says his “mind is not smart enough to figure that out.”  The segment then cuts to performances by Mario Vasquez, Justin Guarini, and Constantine Maroulis.  Paula tells Mario that he needs to focus “on coming over to my hot tub and letting me rub your feet.”  Paula tells Justin that he “is a tender and generous lover.  Get in my car.”  Paula then whispers to him, “I’m going to buy you a cell phone.”  When Constantine is eliminated, Paula exclaims, “Why does everyone I care about leave me?  Keanu Reeves, the Lakers, MC SkatKat.  I can’t take it anymore.”

The real Paula Abdul then comes out clapping, and offers some three pieces of advice.  Paula tells Chris Parnell who plays Simon Cowell that he “needs to wear a push-up t-shirt.”  Paula tells Kenan Thompson who plays Randy Jackson that he needs “about fourteen more dogs.”  Paula tells Amy Poehler who plays her that she needs to “perfect the clap a little more and be a lot more sexy so that contestants will be willing to sleep with you.”

On the Weekend Update segment of Saturday Night Live, another crack is made at Paula saying, “In a show of supports on Wednesday night’s program, five American Idol finalist presented Paula Abdul with two huge bouquets of flowers, and it worked she slept with all of them.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for breaking news on reality TV shows and reality TV stars.

Topics: American Idol |

7 Responses to “Paula Abdul Pokes Fun of American Idol Scandal on Saturday Night Live”

1. Jann Says:
    May 8th, 2005 at 1:12 am

I was apalled that Paula would treat this incident like it was a joke. She needs to be fired for what she did, not going on SNL and making fun of it.

2. Robbie Says:
    May 8th, 2005 at 6:25 am

I couldn’t agree more with post above. I don’t thinks it’s funny at all. Would we be laughing if Simon were slipping his number to a young female contestant?

3. Cathy Jaggers Says:
    May 8th, 2005 at 11:02 am

Remember how ‘obvious’ it was that one man did the bombing at the olympics?-and then it turned out we were all wrong? Aren’t we innocent in this country until proven guilty? Sometimes things aren’t what they seem. Let’s give Paula an hour too and then see who’s more credible! Maybe this is her way of saying what a joke it is that we would believe a slimeball like him. His little so-called bits of ‘evidence’ can be easily manufacture,and so what if he ‘bragged’about his affair with his parents and friends. That might mean he just wishes. Ever hear of stalkers who lived in a different reality?

4. Jann Says:
    May 8th, 2005 at 12:05 pm

Yes, but the guy who was falsely accused in the Olympic bombing didn’t go on Saturday Night Live and make fun of it, did he? Whether Paula is innocent or guilty, her participation in the SNL skit was in poor taste.

5. Rosa Says:
    May 9th, 2005 at 1:22 am

I think Paula went to saturday night live because she is trying to convince us that she didnt do it! she wants us to laugh with her at this whole scandal. But in the end I know she did it and she is not laughing deep down. she wants to send the message accross that she doesnt care of the accusations and that she laughs in coreys face, but if she didnt care she wouldnt be calling corey on his cell, begging him not to talk to the reporters! If she didnt do it, then why did she have his cell #?why does he have voice messages of her telling him or begging him not to talk about her?

6. john Says:
    May 9th, 2005 at 10:56 am

I have to agree with most of the posters. Paula’s appearance on SNL is very bizarre. I think it’s a last ditch effort to save her credibility.
    Personally I think she’s guilty of the affair but regardless you still don’t go on national TV and make a fool of yourself. Tuesday night’s show should prove very interesting.
    As far as firing her is concerned I think she’s got enough of a fan base so that the great majority of her fans will forgive and forget or never believe that anything happened. Most of the other viewers probably couldn’t care less because even if anything did happen the negative publicity ensures that it won’t happen again.

7. Nicole Says:
    May 9th, 2005 at 9:35 pm

Leave Paula alone !!!! How convenient that Corey comes out with this information while trying to shop for book deals and getting ready to release an album. He is full of it. Who cares if she did sleep with him , he didnt win and he got kicked off the show.If u care so much about Corey then go buy his book and album and shut up !!! His whiny high piched voice only has the talent of a background singer. Stop whining and grow up.

Comments