American Idol Scandal: Constantine Maroulis, The Devil, & The Partridge Family

May 08, 2005 11:08 PM by Joe Blackmon

One of the more unusual American Idol conspiracy theories actually appeared in this week’s edition of Us Weekly.  Us Weekly reported that some fans speculated that religious voters might have conspired against Constantine Maroulis because of his association with Giddle Partridge.  Us Weekly points out that Giddle Partridge has a link to the Church of Satan on her website

Reality TV Magazine visited the official Giddle Partridge website and found the link in question as well as a message that said, “Attention, America Idol Fans: Praise Jesus and vote for Constantine, and no, I’m not a Satanist.”  The website’s homepage has since been updated to show a copy of the Us Weekly article along with a picture of Giddle hugging Bo Bice and a statement that says “Attention, American Idol Fans: The Us Weekly is Wrong.”

Reality TV Magazine did some additional online research and found out that Giddle Partridge is actually a high priestess of The Partridge Family Temple.  The Partridge Family Temple has nothing to do with Satanism but according to the Public Access Hollywood website is “a religion based on the idea that the Partridge Family characters represent individual Gods.”  During one of Constantine Maroulis’ performances on American Idol 4, he sang the Partridge Family hit “I Think I Love You.”

Reality TV Magazine also found a report in LA Weekly that points out Giddle Partridge was there with Constantine’s brother Athan Maroulis.  The LA Weekly article also says that Athan Maroulis use to be a member of the band Spahn Ranch and is now head of independent label Sepiatone Records.  Spahn Ranch is the name of the place where Charles Manson and his followers use to hang out, which is another factor that ties into the religious voters against Constantine conspiracy.

Interestingly enough, in a recent AOL Television interview, Constantine Maroulis revealed the story behind the name of his band Pray For The Soul of Betty.  Betty was a friend of the bands who passed away.  At the funeral, the Priest said “let us pray for the soul of Betty.”  As a homage to their friend, the band decided to adopt that statement as their name.  So if there are any conspiracy theories buried in the names of bands, the name of Constantine’s band actually pays tribute to prayer and religion.

Topics: American Idol |

9 Responses to “American Idol Scandal: Constantine Maroulis, The Devil, & The Partridge Family”

1. BitzofBrin Says:
    May 9th, 2005 at 2:35 pm

This article is really confusing, or maybe this whole silly controversy is! (@_@)

A quick visit to Giddle’s link page reveals links to such places as Constantine’s dad’s band’s site, the Church of Satan (>_http://bitzofbrin.blogspot.com – Listen to my podcast!

2. nik Says:
    May 9th, 2005 at 3:25 pm

hey whats up with the constantines evil thing omg hes so not evil ok how could any one that fine with that voice be evil ok and my email address has nothin to do with the devil either its the name of my skool footballteam u no the g/f red devils anyways constantine is not evil so ur wrong and all those who believed the lies are freakin crazy i still think palla abdual was flirtin around with constantine and he said no thats why hes gone off the show

3. Szandora Says:
    May 9th, 2005 at 4:45 pm

Giddles is my FAVORITE!!! That’s all that really matters!

4. BRIANNE RIDER Says:
    May 13th, 2005 at 10:11 pm

Isn’t there also a “religion” that worships SpongeBob?:) I thought I heard that somewhere.
    Anyway,I don’t personally know who Giddles is,but so what if she chooses to worship the Partridge Family? I mean,it’s *different*,but i wouldn’t necessarily call it evil. And i don’t get how her quirk has anything to do with him. Maybe she’s just obsessed with him because he sang one of their songs.It seems to be the same way with Queen fans,since his “ASTONISHING” performance of “Bohemian Rhapsody” ( I read a lot of posts on message boards and internet news articles and things that use quotes from that song and “The Show must go on” to describe his elimination),as well as Doors fans. But just because the guy is the perfect mix of Freddie Mercury,Jim Morrison and David Cassidy and seems to have borrowed a lot of their loyal fans because he reminds him of their idols,i don’t see how that’s bad.I think it’s cool.And at least we know he appreciates *ALL* of his fans:).
    I think it’s sad how they got their band name. I thought it might be something like that,but i was hoping it would be more of a joke,like an ex girlfriend,or the whole “Who’s Alice and why is she in chains?” thing(does anyone know where Alice in Chains got their name? I never figured it out).
    Since i’m on the subject,I’m listening to PFTSOB right now and it’s on “Suicide” and i’m wondering if anyone knows the origin of that song.It really makes me wonder because though it’s like an anti-suicide song,it almost sounds like it’s to someone who committed it.And at first,i thought maybe that was how Betty died and it was about her.But i read an online interview with one of the band members where someone asked him what it was about,but he said he had no idea because Con wrote that one,so i don’t know. It does make one wonder,though.

5. Rev. Daniel Nephilim Says:
    May 15th, 2005 at 5:37 pm

Reply to Brin:

It may interest you to know that Anton LaVey (founder of the Church of Satan and author of _The Satanic Bible_) considered things like Tiny Tim and Barbie to be *Satanic*. I kid you not!

Giddles is (or at least *was*) a member of the Church of Satan, and appeared in a TV interview with evangelist Bob Larson a few years ago, promoting both the CoS and the Partridge Family Temple.

6. Maria Says:
    June 4th, 2005 at 7:34 pm

Everybody knows that AI wants Carrie to win. Randy and Simon predicted it. They like her voice w/c they think will make more money in the recording industry. I don’t have vision for Carrie. She has no charisma at all.

About what happened to Constantine, well, it seemed to so many people that it was a conspiracy. He was at threat to Carrie.

7. crissy Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 11:02 am

it’s kind of confusing to me that both Maroulis boys were raised strict Greek Orthodox, but dabble in things quite the contrary. It sends a very confusing message to me. Maybe it shouldn’t matter at all what they’re involved in personally because theyre considered just entertainers, but for some odd reason, it does matter to me. I loved Con from the beginning and have had a serious crush on him for a long time, but when I think that maybe his character isn’t quite as beautiful as his face, it kind of ruins it for me. I would rather that he be a seriously religious person (that is believing in God) than to be associated with the likes of Giddle Partridge who used to be a member of the Church of Satan and Spahn ranch where Charles Manson used to hang out. It just doesn’t strike me as clever or hip or funny. It kind of spoiled all the romantic notions that I had about him.

8. nina rose mendoza Says:
    December 17th, 2005 at 5:55 am

well, he seems not evil too me.in fact, he tried his best to meet every fan’s requests and fantasies when he’s in the philippines
    i think his charisma just threatened the other AI fans who wanted their bet to win to the point that they coined this kind of story.

9. eli Says:
    July 2nd, 2011 at 7:36 pm

For good or bad.. Giddle is long time partners with Boyd Rice – who is involved with the CoS. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.. She’s probably just another aging hollywood chick who is grasping onto the fringe of any coolness she can touch.. She’s harmless.. leave her alone..

Comments