Vanilla Ice Is Back On Hit Me Baby One More Time

June 09, 2005 11:20 PM by Joe Blackmon

Vanilla_ice_1We must admit if you had asked us five years ago if we thought it was more likely that we would see the apocalypse or see Vanilla Ice become cool again in our lifetime, then our money would have been on the apocalypse.  But the end of the world is hopefully nowhere close, and Vanilla Ice is definitely cool again.

Five singers/groups peformed on the June 9, 2005 edition of Hit Me Baby One More Time.  Tommy Tutone sang “8675309″ and “All the Small Things.”  The Knack sang “My Sharona” and “Be My Girl.”  Haddaway sang “Don’t Hurt Me No More” and “Toxic.”  The Motels sang “Only the Lonely” and “Don’t Know Why.”  Vanilla Ice sang “Ice Ice Baby” and “Survivor.”

Vanilla Ice stole the show with his two performances, and Host Vernon Kay told Vanilla Ice that he won the audience vote “by a mile.”  As the audience favorite, Vanilla Ice won twenty thousand dollars donated to the charity of his choice.  Vanilla  Ice chose the Make A Wish Foundation as his charity.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Hit Me Baby One More Time news.  For other great Hit Me Baby One More Time news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Hit Me Baby One More Time.

Topics: Hit Me Baby One More Time |

19 Responses to “Vanilla Ice Is Back On Hit Me Baby One More Time”

1. Matt Says:
    June 10th, 2005 at 12:39 am

Iceman rocks!!! He totally rocked that performance it was awesome! GO NINJA GO NINJA GO

2. Heather Says:
    June 10th, 2005 at 7:05 am

I had heard he was going to do an Eminem song for his cover which would have totally wanked me off. Thankfully – he chose to do an offshoot of Survivor which was basically just the “I’m a Survivor” portion of the song. He did rock it last night – I have to admit – he was good. And by far was he the best one or what???? Cuz Hadaway should never ever crawl on stage again and Tommy Tutone – dude he was creepy!!!! He’s got a crappy IT job and said he wants to record again – uh – sorry dude – it’s over.

3. Sam Says:
    June 10th, 2005 at 8:18 am

The Ice man should have had to rap Ice Ice Baby in its original form. Not that metal crap. He was a good rapper but his metal phase is bad. That bi-polar metal album he did was just awful. And he should have been made to do the real Survivor. I like Ice but i really didnt like his performance. The winner should have been The KNACK.

4. Add Says:
    June 10th, 2005 at 9:18 am

Ice showed on TV what he has showed in concert – he can put on a great show. As for the comment about Ice not being good at metal, that is nonsense. Ice is better at rock than he ever was at rap (although he has more potential at rap). And I would not call the version of Ice Ice Baby he did on the show “metal.”

5. haha Says:
    June 10th, 2005 at 9:51 am

Man, I forgot why people started hating Vanilla Ice back in 1992 or whatever. Apparently everyone else did too…

6. Johnny C Says:
    June 10th, 2005 at 3:17 pm

I’m an Ice fan from back in the day and have had the opportunity to meet him and share the stage with him and I must say that it was too damn cool to see him back on top. Just a reminder: he never went away. He’s been touring and doing his thing for ever since Ice Ice Baby so check it out.

Johnny C

7. Lou Says:
    June 10th, 2005 at 11:52 pm

The Knack should have won it! Hey Ice lets hear you sing or play a musical instrument like all the other performers.

8. Adam Says:
    June 11th, 2005 at 12:09 am

Tommy Tutone looked like he was going to pass out on stage doing ‘All The Small Things’by Blink182.
    I knew Vanilla Ice wouldn’t do Destiny Child’s Survivor. He wanted to win the crowd with his own performance and did.

9. DiscoMan Says:
    June 11th, 2005 at 12:30 am

Haddaway’s good. Britney Spears sucks. To do one of her songs, caused him to lose.

10. Candice Leigh Says:
    June 11th, 2005 at 6:06 am

Haddaway entered the British version of ‘Hit Me Baby One More Time’ and also did ‘What Is Love?’ and ‘Toxic’. I thought he was very good and deserved to win his week (along with Dr & The Medics) but the winner of that show went on to win the series.

I was pleased to hear Vernon Kay was also hosting the US version and that he is doing well (despite the worries over his northern accent).

11. J Davis Says:
    June 13th, 2005 at 1:28 pm

Just heard Greg Kihn will be on the show at the end of June!!!! Go GREG, YOU ROCK, and are NOT “IN JEOPARDY” of loosing!

12. Jody Weigle Says:
    June 15th, 2005 at 9:10 am

Ok, I was in the club scene when Ice, Ice Baby was on top. I will say that like most big songs IIB was played to death and with the whole I’m from the hood, well not really incident most of us wrote him off. I followed Ice a little when his fall from the top happened, back when he had dread locks and claimed that “this is really me”. I felt that after his producers tried to make him into the “Original American Idol” he tried to remake himself into the “American Bad Ass”. I don’t know if I really bought it, it came across as a desperate attempt to distance himself from who he was. When I heard that he was going to be on TV I will admit that I was excited to see him perform, although with some mixed emotions. His performance was really good and I was glad to see the response he got. I also liked the harder edge to his music. I will give him a 9 out of 10 on the night! He did rock and I am glad to see him back. I know he still has the whole “incident” to over come but lets be real, if Americas forgave Michael Jackson (That guilt…..never mind) we can forgive ICE!! It’s not like he is on trial for the “Whatever” time for touching boys! And PS: ICE if you are ever in S.C. bring you MX bike, meet you at the track!

13. Cool Clay Says:
    June 16th, 2005 at 8:41 am

Please don’t be confused. These “bands” are not playing their own instruments live. If that is how you are basing whether a “performance” was good or not, strike it from the record. Judging should be based completely on vocals. Therefore, Tommy Tutone was just awful on his version of small things. I think the Knack should of won, but only because My Sharona blows away IIB. The difference was Vanilla changing the words to Survivor, and not being overwhelmed by covering a more recent song. The Knack were overwhelmed.

14. me Says:
    June 16th, 2005 at 12:27 pm

Yeah but the contest was to win the crowd. Regardless of what they were doing with the instruments or how they were “singing” (yeah.. Tutone was CREEPY) you had to get the audience to respond, and all the performers had the same opportunity to pick songs and modify them to suit their style. The Knack was good, but Ice just stole the show completely. I’m still amazed at how good his performances were (both of them.) He looked like a professional entertainer, while the rest of them looked really washed up IMO.

15. Cool Clay Says:
    June 16th, 2005 at 2:31 pm

I agree me, but put ten more years on the Ice, and we will see. I definately think the “entertainers” Ice, Haddaway and Arrested Development have the advantage. When you talk about winning over the crowd, I ask, can we have a little less piped in, pre-recorded screaming, and more spontaneous reaction. I think it would make for a much better show.

16. Cool Clay Says:
    June 16th, 2005 at 10:31 pm

I’m done with this show. The Irene Cara thing is a complete joke. She was by far the worst, and named the best. That was a complete insult to my limited intelligence. Thanks NBC for ruining another potentially good show.

17. Jody Weigle Says:
    June 17th, 2005 at 6:43 am

I have to agree Cool Clay! Was America listening to the same thing we were? As far as pure musical talent Howard Jones in my opinion was the best. Irene couldn’t care a tune with a dump truck on the first song and the second song her partners were better BUY FAR than she was! Although I will admit I am still going to watch the show.

18. Cool Clay Says:
    June 17th, 2005 at 8:27 am

Thanks Jody. Glad we see eye to eye. Have you seen the postings at NBC.com? There is huge love for Howard Jones and Wang Chung. Most realize the Irene thing was a rip-off. The postings are very funny.

19. Jody Weigle Says:
    June 20th, 2005 at 3:17 pm

No haven’t seen it yet, will check it out.

Comments