American Idol Finalist Constantine Maroulis to Sing on Queen Tribute

July 03, 2005 11:15 PM by Joe Blackmon

Constantine_maroulis_singingOne of the highlights and most memorable performances of the American Idol 4 season was Constantine Maroulis’ rendition of Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.  The performance was praised by the judges and even Simon Cowell called it “astonishing.”  Twenty years from now if they make a show about the greatest American Idol performances, then Constantine’s Bohemian Rhapsody will undoubtedly be a part of it.

Now there is good news for Constantine Maroulis fans who want to relive that memory.  According to Billboard.com, the track list for the Queen tribute album Killer Queen has been officially announced and a certain American Idol finalist will be singing on the album.  Killer Queen will have two versions of Bohemian Rhapsody.  One version will be by Flaming Lips, while the other version will be by Constantine Maroulis.  The Las Vegas cast of the Queen musical “We Will Rock You” will accompany Constantine on his version.

Killer Queen is set to be released on August 2, 2005, but fans can currently pre-order the CD on Amazon.com.  Other current CDs that feature Constantine Maroulis include “Pray for the Soul of Betty” and American Idol Season 4 The Showstopper’s CD (which includes Constantine singing My Funny Valentine).  Constantine Maroulis’ official band website can be found at PrayForTheSoulofBetty.com, and there is also a Yahoo fan club for Constantine called the Constantine Maroulis Army and Street Team.

Update:  A Reality TV Magazine reader just sent in a link to a hilarious rock opera called "Randy, Does Brian May like Constantine’s Version of Bohemian Rhapsody?" that appears on the MaroulisCONnection.com

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

31 Responses to “American Idol Finalist Constantine Maroulis to Sing on Queen Tribute”

1. Penelope Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 10:56 am

Wow. That is just amazing news! I hope they release a physical single as well, and keep the whole album OFF of iTunes so that others will be exposed to Constantine’s fantastic version.

2. Annie Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 11:50 am

WOW! This is great news. And that rock opera thing is really funny.

Constantine is the true star of American Idol!

3. MammT Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 12:40 pm

This is fantastic news! Thank You for being so Kind in your reporting to everyone How Talented Constantine Maroulis
    is!
    So glad more people are going to be able to enjoy “Randy, Does Brian May like Constantine’s Version of Bohemian Rhapsody?”
    This was done by some very talented and devoted Fans! We are very anxious to see what they will write next!
    CONSTANTINE ROCKS!

4. Pat Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 12:57 pm

Constantine will be the ultimate winner of AI4.
    Hope he can do the NY and LA tours with Queen.

5. Pat Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 1:00 pm

Constantine will be the ultimate winner of AI4. He didn’t need the “dawg pound.”
    The rock opera thing is great. I hope Con actually gets to see it.
    Hopefuly Constantine can join the Queen tour for the NY and LA shows.

6. Sandy Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 1:03 pm

“Randy, Does Brian May like Constantine’s Version of Bohemian Rhapsody?” is hilarious! How can Randy live with himself after giving Constantine a 7!

7. Heath Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 1:14 pm

Just a thanks for this article. He will be around for a long time to come.
    Just wanted to point something out: The Maroulis Army isn’t the ONLY fan base dedicated to Constantine. There are many many more on all of the various servers. In fact, a lot of them support ALL his endeavors and don’t just support Constantines solo work….which is unfortunately the army’s basic tenant. Went to look at it and was disappointed in that point of view.

8. Rori Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 1:23 pm

Heath is wrong… sorry Heath. The Army is just the effort as a Constantine Street Team. There are Betty Teams available on other sites, but the need for a solo street team existed as well. MANY of the Maroulis Army Members support his other efforts.

Thank you Reality TV Magazine for always having the Constantine news for us.

We are so hopeful and excited for Constantine’s success.

peace.

9. Constantine Maroulis Blog Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 1:26 pm

Constantine Maroulis to Sing on Queen Tribute

*Dear Randy, you can EAT your dawg pound. Love, Rori*
    One of the highlights and most memorable performances of the American Idol 4 season was Constantine Maroulis’ rendition of Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody. The performance was praised by the judges…

10. Temir Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 1:27 pm

What is sung by Constantine on Killer Queen will be one for the record books, no doubt! Cons has got to do the tour for Queen. It will blow the audience away! I want to see him do more of “Pray for the Soul of Betty” because he especially shines in the new rock department.

Randy, oh him. Yes, he went beyond Constantine to insult his fans saying we only liked him for his pretty face. Not so Randy, you need to get beyond the face and listen to the music because that is where it is really at. Randy is sexist. I lost my respect for Randy when he showed me none.

11. Temir Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 1:28 pm

12. Pam Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 2:30 pm

I am thrilled with this news!!! I went to the PFTSOB L.A. release party and can tell you it was a phenomenal show!!!! ELECTRYING!!!!!!!!!! Constantine has more stage presence than anyone I’ve ever seen!!!!

13. Pam Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 2:32 pm

Constantine is destined for huge success!!!! I saw him and the boys at the L.A. party and it was electrifying!!!! I’ve never seen such charisma and stage presence before in my life.

14. Donna Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 2:55 pm

Randy, eat those words! 7 in vocals? No way!! Constantine is a star. Constantine will be the ultimate winner of AI4 and this time no one can stop him!

15. Jordan Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 3:52 pm

Thanks Reality TV and thank you, Brian May, you rock!

Oh Randy, erm, saw you on Live 8, well you rock for contributing to the cause. But, the next time when you see the “good looking” Constantine, isn’t it bout time you admit him to your dawg pound? ‘kay?

16. Candy Says:
    July 4th, 2005 at 4:44 pm

Thanks for the link to the Rock Opera. I liked the line that a percentage of the proceeds would go to a Foundation to Support Therapy for Judges with Acute Auditory Disorders. That was good. Randy definitely can use some therapy. Like the illustrations of Constantine too.

Very excited about the Bo Rap single. Constantine is definitely a 10 for singing.

17. Annette Says:
    July 5th, 2005 at 5:03 am

A seven on Bohemian Rhapsody vocals? My ass! We all know something stunk to high heaven. The longer Constantine was on, the more explosive he got. I like that comment someone made, and this time they won’t be able to stop him. That’s right! Constantine Maroulis is incredible. Far better than every other contestant that was on that show, in every season. He’s everything a star should and needs to be. And people actually crave his work! I have never enjoyed someone in show business this much on every level.

18. Chele Says:
    July 5th, 2005 at 7:36 am

We are so proud of Constantine and this is just so wonderful. Thank you Brian for recognising talent like we all did. Perhaps this may be a step nearer seeing Con in the UK. So happy.

19. Kathy Orton Says:
    July 5th, 2005 at 10:22 am

I would like to thank Brian May for recognizing Constantine Maroulis’ true talent. Randy Jackson wouldn’t know true talent if it slapped him in the face. And as far as his Dawg pound, Constantine deserves so much more than that and will get it without the AI title or any help from Randy.
    Can’t wait to buy the Queen tribute album with Constantine singing Bohemian Rhapsody and Constantine’s single of Bohemian Rhapsody when it is released. I also have the Pray for the Soul of Betty Cd and Constantine Maroulis truly rocks and displays a true talent never before seen on American Idol. I also own the AI showstoppers CD but only because Constantine sings “My Funny Valentine” on it. I am going to the American Idol tour as well, only to see Constantine Maroulis. He is the true star and will be on the A-list before you know it. Take that Randy Jackson.

20. Kathy Orton Says:
    July 5th, 2005 at 10:23 am

21. Connie Nissen Says:
    July 5th, 2005 at 7:36 pm

Yes Yes Yes!!! I agree that Randy Jackson needs to eat his words and admit that he was wrong wrong wrong when he said Constantine only got a 7 for his vocals in Bohemian Rhapsody!!! Constantine was my favorite all the way through and will always be #1 to me no matter what. He is so talented and yes nice to look at too. He is the complete package!!!!! I look forward to seeing him on tv and the movies and recording all sorts of music. He is going to be the most famous AI contestant ever!!!!

22. Sunny Says:
    July 6th, 2005 at 11:41 am

When Constantine Maroulis did his rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody on American Idol, his performance was truly “astonishing” in every sense of the word. What a thrill it is to hear that he was asked to sing this song for the Killer Queen tribute album. Now the whole world will recognize him as the phenomenal performer he truly is. Constantine’s talents far exceeded the format of American Idol. We all know he will go on to have the most successful career of any AI contestant EVER.

Constantine has many avenues available now to express himself artistically. The Constantine Maroulis Army/Street Team is dedicated to supporting his career in every possible way – as he likes to say…”it’s all good”.

23. jyes Says:
    July 6th, 2005 at 11:44 am

A great big THANK YOU to Realitytv for recognizing Constantine as the performer that he really is…and this praise comes from a life-long music lover and language teacher with a cd (and record!) collection of every kind of music from classical to hard rock; in fact, I just became a first-time ‘groupie..just in time for my 61st birthday!! My bday present to myself was a trip to the PFTSOB CD Release Party in LA…to see Constantine and those sweet, very talented, very accessible band members ..Taylor, Hamboussi and Joao. I’m a member of BOTH the PrayForTheSoulOfBetty and Maroulis Street Army fan groups and I see no conflict between the two groups. Constantine is one of the best performers that I’ve seen in my lifetime( on several continents) and the Betty Band is awesome in its own right.
    Apparently Con’s Bo Rhap on Killer Queen will be the first single released from that album!
    And Randy???? jealous from the start because HE can’t grow long hair!!

24. Keri Says:
    July 6th, 2005 at 11:58 am

I am the Team Leader of the CMST and there is absolutely no conflict between any groups. The CMST is NOT a fan group; it is support and promotion group, same as any Street Team. The PFTSOB ST does a fantastic job for the band, and all we are trying to is promote any solo work CM does. He of course will be the actual ‘winner’ of AI4.

25. Sandy Says:
    July 6th, 2005 at 12:10 pm

Like many viewers of American Idol, I was shocked when Constantine, by far the best talent, was voted off and I have been following him ever since. With his amazing renditions of “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “My Funny Valentine” he proved what a great, versatile talent he is. He has a wonderful voice, a gift for properly interpreting and putting his own signature on each song, connecting with a diverse audience and he definitely has the “IT” factor. He is also an actor and it sounds like some TV and/or movie work may also be in his future. He reminds me of some of the best multi-talented entertainers who have come before him. However, even he cannot make “Pray for the Soul of Betty” sound good. His talent is lost there. He would be wise to cut himself loose from that black ball and chain garage band and concentrate on his very promising solo career.

26. Amy Says:
    July 6th, 2005 at 5:52 pm

Great news for Constantine, and his fans!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you so much for recognizing the MAGIC that is Constantine Maroulis.
    His EVERY performance on AI changed the way I feel about, and hear those songs he did, forever…Bo Rhap, of course, included.
    Constantine has wonderful things in his future, he puts his all into everything he does, and I am so excited to be able to cheer him on, with so much love, in everything he chooses to do….which, I hope, is EVERYTHING!!!!!! :)
    The Constantine Maroulis Army/Street Team, that you also mentioned, has many members who are on other sites, groups,boards and members of the PFTSOB atreet team, too. We all share the Constantine love peacefully….it’s beautiful.
    And…I love that rock opera!!!!

27. Virginia Abreu de Paula Says:
    July 6th, 2005 at 6:23 pm

Randy was not satisfied in giving Constantina a seven for Bo rap. Two weeks later he gave him a five (!) for How you reming me, which, come on…Wasn’t bad at all!!! That night he implied Con was only a good looking kid not good enough for American Idol as they were looking for the best. That night also Randy signed a document of total lack of taste or knowledge of music not to mention a total disrespect for talented people. How can he sleep at nights? Well, we can laugh with the hilarious opera. And be thankful for so many people who can see the truth. Thanks to the reality TV for this article and the link for the opera.

28. Carol Says:
    July 6th, 2005 at 8:55 pm

Thanks you so much for the great article on Constantine. As a member of the Maroulis_army I am dedicated to helping Constantine succeed in all of his artistic endeavors as a solo artist. His great talent, personality, charisma and stage presence was underappreciated on American Idol. He is about to explode in the entertainment industry. With his performance of Bohemian Rhapsody on the Killer Queen CD, and this being selected as the first single on the CD to be released, Constantine is ready to take his place in the heirarchy of music and entertainment. We are looking for a television program, and hopefully performances on the big screen.

29. Darlene Michener Says:
    July 7th, 2005 at 1:30 am

Hey, thanks for the great article on Constantine and for mentioning the Constantine Maroulis Army and Street Team…We have known for a long time how truely gifted he is and we are giving him all the support we can in every facet of his career. We appreciate your help. Thanks again.
    Darlene

30. EJ Says:
    July 7th, 2005 at 7:42 am

Thanks for the awesome article about Constantine Maroulis and the Constantine Maroulis Army Street team, its all good and it all rocks!
    EJ Riehle

31. Mickie Says:
    July 8th, 2005 at 12:32 am

COULD NOT AGREE MORE! ROCK ON CON! WE LOVE YOU.

quote: Twenty years from now if they make a show about the greatest American Idol performances, then Constantine’s Bohemian Rhapsody will undoubtedly be a part of it.

Comments