CBS Announces Big Brother 6 Blog

July 06, 2005 07:42 PM by Joe Blackmon

CBS’s official website, will offer BIG BROTHER viewers a wide array of programming and bonus features this summer to supplement and enhance the Network’s three weekly broadcasts, including for the first time a Head of Household Blog, in which a BIG BROTHER houseguest communicates directly to BIG BROTHER fans through CBS.com.  BIG BROTHER 6 premieres on the CBS Television Network on Thursday, July 7 (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT).

"This summer, CBS.com is going all out to provide BIG BROTHER fans the broadest and most exciting companion experience we’ve ever offered," said Larry Kramer, President, CBS Digital Media.  "From the 24/7 live Internet feed to the new blog to the daily talk show, BIG BROTHER viewers will have unparalleled access to activities in the BIG BROTHER house and a new level of involvement with the show."

New to the BIG BROTHER Internet experience is the Head of Household Blog, where fans will be able to read first hand accounts from each week’s Head of Household on life in the BIG BROTHER house and what it’s like to be under the constant gaze of dozens of cameras and viewed live on the Internet.

CBS.com will also provide a digital camera to the Head of Household with the pictures to posted on CBS.com along with their Blog.

CBS.com also announced the return of two other popular features:  HOUSE CALLS:  THE BIG BROTHER TALK SHOW and the interactive BIG BROTHER Fantasy League.

Returning for its second season, HOUSE CALLS: THE BIG BROTHER TALK SHOW is a no-charge, half-hour, streaming video daily talk show about the summer reality series seen every Monday through Friday (1:00 PM/ET, 10:00 AM/PT) on CBS.com.

HOUSE CALLS is hosted by Marcellas Reynolds, a houseguest from "Big Brother 3," and Gretchen Massey, an on-air host of "The Gretchen Massey Show," which is broadcast Sunday nights on Infinity Radio’s KLSX-FM Los Angeles. The two hosts interact with viewers through phone calls and e-mails, discuss events that transpire in the BIG BROTHER house, offer prognostications, analyze strategies and interview former BIG BROTHER houseguests as well as current houseguests following their eviction.

Also returning is the "BIG BROTHER Fantasy League" game where fans compete for prizes based on the events that transpire in the house.

The official BIG BROTHER website at CBS.com will also include detailed summaries of all the events that happen during each televised broadcast, a live 24/7 chat room, popularity and opinion polls, a virtual tour of the BIG BROTHER house, descriptions of the week’s challenges, voting history pages, photo galleries and a houseguest section with complete profiles.

For the fifth consecutive season, CBS and RealNetworks®, Inc. (Nasdaq: RNWK), a global leader in network-delivered digital media, have joined forces to provide exclusive 24/7 live video channel from inside the BIG BROTHER 6 house.  The webcast coverage debuts immediately following the premiere of BIG BROTHER 6 on July 7 (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT), and will be accessible through the official BIG BROTHER 6 website at CBS.com and through the RealNetworks’ Superpassââ subscription service website at Real.com.

Subscribers to the 24/7 video stream can watch any one of four live camera feeds from inside the BIG BROTHER 6 house or catch all of the action at once with the special quad-cam view which allows fans to see four different video feeds simultaneously. Subscribers will also have access to an exclusive, subscribers-only web chat that will allow fans from across the country to converse about what they are seeing live on the feeds.

The entire three-month live 24/7 internet feed of BIG BROTHER 6 is available through RealNetworks’ SuperPass subscription service, or fans may subscribe to receive the three-month broadcast for $29.99 or pay $12.99 per month with a free trial for everyone who signs up.

CBS/Endemol Entertainment will provide the content from the house, while RealNetworks’ content delivery division, Real Broadcast Network, will deliver the 24/7 live streaming webcast feed.

To preserve the drama for BIG BROTHER 6 television viewers, CBS may block or delay the webcast for a limited number of real-time events that transpire in the house.

BIG BROTHER 6 will be broadcast three times a week on Tuesday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), Thursday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Saturday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

Topics: Big Brother |

13 Responses to “CBS Announces Big Brother 6 Blog”

1. arleengordon Says:
    July 6th, 2005 at 11:28 pm

I hope Howie wins! He looks like he has a great heart! He has a beautiful smile!! Go Howie!! Hope you win it all! You deserve it!!

2. Kent Says:
    July 9th, 2005 at 9:33 pm

Michael is the hottie. Eric is a sexist homophobe biggot! James is cute, but he lied about his profession. Kaydar is too hung up on his origin. The gay guy is too obvious, especially from those of us with gaydar! Never like the house guests at first but unfortunately they tend to grow on you. Kent

3. Rob Baker Says:
    July 28th, 2005 at 9:47 pm

I think ERIC, EVIL’ET, BEAU and MAGGIE are the most VILE EVIL people I have ever seen. Spitting venom at every turn. I have been watching the live feed so I have seen ALLL THE BS they constantly spew. I TREULY HATE THEM and they did not deserve to win HOH in week 4 and that truely goes to show that evil does come out on top, and especially IGNORANT STUPID BOGGOYED EVIL. I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Teri Says:
    August 17th, 2005 at 2:31 pm

I have watched all the Big Brother episodes and all seasons, and I must say that I’m about to turn it off for good! I nearly tuned out when I saw the way “the Friendship” maligned Michael in such a disturbing way on National Television and then the childish, petulant behavior of Eric and Ivette.

But this latest dishonestly, lack of sportsmanship, and out and out disgusting behavior is so repulsive I’ve about lost interest. This “Friendship” has cast James out for his back-stabbing and dishonesty, while they are SO MUCH WORSE!

I’ve always considered this show an interesting social experiment, but there should be some lines drawn. This group of people is going to start eating each other soon! Behavior this bad should NEVER be rewarded or glorified!

5. Carol Says:
    August 18th, 2005 at 9:50 pm

What is up with BB6? Tonight in the HOH competition, Janelle showed her answer as 300 when Julie asked for the answer but then she changes her answer to 275. That is not right. When an answer is given, shouldn’t it remain? Who said, “If you do not like your answer after you have given it, you can change your mind?” Please answer that question for me. I feel like Beau deserved to win this competition!

6. Robbin Says:
    August 18th, 2005 at 11:22 pm

I know Janelle changed her answer but they waited a few long seconds before saying she was the winner. I guess they has to think about it. It must of been okay.

7. Michelle Says:
    August 19th, 2005 at 4:49 pm

Janelle might have changed her answer but 300 was still closer to the correct number than either April’s or Beau’s answer. I’m glad that she won, “The Friendship” needs to be taken down!!!

8. Chris Says:
    August 31st, 2005 at 12:11 am

We have watched every season of Big Brother but have never felt like writing anything about it until now – We cannot stand Ivette and her crew.
    We laughed seeing her cry tonight over not receiving a phone call – she is hideous and we have never hated any BB contestant more than her!
    And April needs to wake up. America chose Janelle because she doesn’t rub the audience the wrong way whereas April, Maggie, Beau, and Ivette are the most vile group of people ever to step into that house.
    These people have a problem with Janelle receiving a call from Michael and feel that she didn’t have enough time to develop a relationship with him. Yet Ivette has the weirdest most repulsive infatuation with Cappy – I think she wishes she could become him.
    And CBS take note – it is not a good thing that we are hating them so much – in fact we have missed more episodes this season than any other year – because of these disgusting four contestants!!

9. Jodo Says:
    August 31st, 2005 at 5:09 am

I agree wholeheartedly with Chris’ comments about Ivette and April. Never before have I disliked someone so much as to actually send an email like this. The thing that ticks me off the most is that she made Rachael feel horrible, saying she was a “sore loser” when she lost the Golden Power of Veto. BUT…Ivette, by her crying like an immature, manipulative, transparent, obnoxious, scene-stealing idiot — is the most sore loser of all! And for April to bad-mouth the American voter public shows her total lack of class, strategy, and intelligence.

10. l.ginnane Says:
    September 4th, 2005 at 1:01 pm

If JANELLE AND HOWIE GO THEN I WILL NOT WATCH THE REST OF BB AS I TRULY HATE IVETTE APRIL AND MAGGIE. I HAVE BEN A BIG FAN OF BB SINCE ITS STARTED AND I HAVE NEVER FELT THIS WAY ABOUT THE OTHER SHOWS.I THINK IF ONE OF THAT GROUP WINS THEN IT WILL BE THE END OF BB. WE NEED TO HAVE ANOTHER TWIST IN THE GAME TO MAKE UP TO THE FANS FOR THAT GROUP TELLING US THAT WE ARE PIECES OF SH…..

11. Michelle Matarrese Says:
    September 19th, 2005 at 2:53 pm

I must admit I like Ivette, but what is her obsession with cappy? I hope she wins the vote tomorrow night.

12. Michelle Matarrese Says: