American Idol News – Constantine Controversy, Bo on Tonight

July 10, 2005 11:02 PM by Joe Blackmon

First, Constantine Maroulis was sent packing from American Idol 4 way before his time, and then People Magazine left Constantine off their list of the 50 hottest bachelors.  Evidently Constantine fans let People magazine know exactly what they thought of the omission.  In their July 18, 2005 issue, People Magazine printed a message saying that while readers liked the 50 hottest bachelors list, some were disappointed by some omissions from the list.  According to People Magazine, the three top vote-getters were Gerard Butler, Keith Urban, and none other than Constantine Maroulis.

People Magazine also notes that Constantine “would like to get married and have a family.”  Kudos to People Magazine for recognizing their reader votes and coming clean about their omissions, now if only American Idol would look into the votes from Constantine’s elimination night.

Bo_richie_2The Wednesday, July 6, 2005 episode of The Tonight Show provided some relief for those suffering from Bo Bice withdrawals.  Bo Bice performed “Vehicle” with Richie Sambora as part of the Tonight Show’s Toyota Summer Concert Series.  For those that missed the performance, never fear because it can be watched online at NBC.com.  In fact, NBC.com has the bonus song “I Don’t Want to Be” as well as an interview with Bo Bice that wasn’t broadcast on the original show.  In the interview, Bo talks about his musical influences and the American Idol experience.

Both American Idol runner-up Bo Bice and American Idol winner Carrie Underwood are still flying high on the Billboard Hot 100.  They’ve fallen out of the two top positions, but both are still in the Top 5.  Carrie Underwood’s single Inside Your Heaven is currently in the #4 position, while Bo Bice’s version of the same song is right behind it in the #5 position.   On the Billboard Pop 100, Carrie Underwood is in the #6 spot, while Bo Bice is in the #7 spot.

In other American Idol news, a Reality TV Magazine reader recently sent us a tip that the Australian Idol Guy Sebastian will be appearing at Mega Fest in Atlanta from August 3 through 5.    One of Guy’s signature songs is “Angels Brought Me Here” which Carrie Underwood sang in the American Idol finals.  Also, another Reality TV Magazine reader tells us that Tamyra Gray is the new face of H&M clothing stores.    In an upcoming ad for the clothing store, Tamyra will sing “And I’m Telling You.”  More info can be found in Tamyra’s journal

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

19 Responses to “American Idol News – Constantine Controversy, Bo on Tonight”

1. Laurie Says:
    July 11th, 2005 at 3:55 am

Bo was fabulous (as always) on the Tonight Show and he looked so relaxed and happy. Loved his interview on the NBC webpage. I really wished Jay would have interviewed him, as he’s so funny and down to earth on the talk shows. He and Richie were the perfect fit and Vehicle just rocked! Now if we could just get the very HOTTT Mr. Bice some airplay!!!!

2. shannon Says:
    July 11th, 2005 at 8:43 am

It was great seeing Bo on the Tonight Show! After a looooooong, dry spell with no Bo sightings I was having some serious withdrawals! His performance was wonderful, he looked great (as always) and the second performance and interview on the website were a real treat! I can’t wait to see Bo in concert in Tampa and I am eagerly looking forward to his full length CD!!

3. Rori Says:
    July 11th, 2005 at 10:20 am

Ditto Kudos to People.

“now if only American Idol would look into the votes from Constantine’s elimination night.” They know. Heh. They just cannot admit the fix.

4. King Says:
    July 11th, 2005 at 12:46 pm

Hey Rori first of all just get over it already geeeez man Carrie is the Idol. And secondly even if the fix was in as you say, its their damn show and contest so if it was my show I have the right to pick who I feel should win and can best represent the crown people like you just gotta learn to live with it

5. King Says:
    July 11th, 2005 at 12:52 pm

Wow way to go Constantine, I agree he was really good and even though I am a die hard Carrie fan I thought it would be Carrie and Constantine in the final.

6. Holly Says:
    July 11th, 2005 at 5:44 pm

The AI tour starts tomorrow and they’re once again blocking Constantine. THey won’t allow him to play with his band Pray for the Soul of Betty during his off times! THis makes no sense to me…how could this hurt AI in the least…he has a huge fan base…why the control and greed?

7. Connie Nissen Says:
    July 11th, 2005 at 7:47 pm

Constantine will always be #1 to me. I thought Carrie and Bo were both great too but Constantine will be more famous and go farther than both of them if you ask me. I can’t wait for his solo cd to come out!!! I am also looking forward to seeing whatever he does in his acting career. Can’t get enough of watching and listening to him…. And there is no way anyone is going to convince me that the voting on AI the night Constantine was taken off was not rigged. There is just NO WAY that he got the least votes legally with his large fan base…. And King don’t tell Constantine’s fans to get over it cause we won’t. He was robbed and they know it…

8. Marina Says:
    July 11th, 2005 at 10:44 pm

Once again, this only proves that the Constantine fans are delusional and very narcissistic. They are the most self-centered jealous bunch around. They fail to see reality and live in a dreamworld. They can’t stand if anyone else gets a break, if so, they need to jump on it. It’s pathetic and it makes Constantine look pathetic. I don’t know if he is, because frankly, I think he sucks as a singer and can’t get past his greasy looks. To say he will be the most successful is a joke. And, if the Betty girls come and mess up the AI concert, you are going to have a lot of pissed off AI fans which will only make Constantine look like more of a loser. We are going to see the other performers. Get a life. Just because you are desperate housewives, some of us are not and have real lives besides sitting on message boards trying to prove something to people who could care less. I didn’t like Cons and you all make me like him less.

9. Aubrey Says:
    July 12th, 2005 at 4:17 am

As a fan of Constantine and a Claymate I have given up on the validity of AI voting. Every year they become more arrogant and, as a veteran of all four years (while working full time and raising a family – yes, I have a life) I am quite studied in their formula. I have called the winner for every season. I hate the injustice but I love the talent and will support all the performers. Connie was sent packing the week after Simon’s remark was heard when he believed his mic to be off and this was right after the announcement of Betty’s distribution deal. Constantine’s fans were most upset with missing all the songs he would have sung over the following weeks. I believe Con was warned that he might go and it has actually worked to his advantage. We will definitely see The Revenge of The Sixth!

10. King Says:
    July 12th, 2005 at 9:29 am

Hey Connie sorry to hear that your life so empty that ya gotta live it through this American Idol stuff. Its people like you that makes it fun to go on these boards cus it shows how pathetic your lives are. I am sure Constantine is very happy right now and is making money to boot. So sad your guys cant get over it geez get a pet or something cus lady you need a hug

11. Anonymous Says:
    July 12th, 2005 at 10:14 am

Yo King, pathetic + someone who looks for boards like these because he suffers penis-envy………..get a life.

12. Lori Says:
    July 12th, 2005 at 1:12 pm

WHOO baby! Bo and Richie on Leno — HOT! And Bo turning the mic toward Richie — HOTTER!

13. sally Says:
    July 12th, 2005 at 8:12 pm

wow Id love to see Guy Sebastian at Megafest!
    A friend sent me his latest album R&B/soul/pop “Beautiful Life” and it is awesome!

14. dan Says:
    July 12th, 2005 at 8:14 pm

I caught Guy sebastian in concert when I was in OZ
    and he was amazing.

15. Margaret Loper Says:
    July 12th, 2005 at 9:04 pm

It really doesn’t matter if we love Bo’s music or not, because the men that run the radio stations and the D.J.’s that play them will not play American Idol’s constestants songs, whatever format. They will play every sexy girl’s song but not the Clay’s or the Bo’s. See Jessica Simpson’s “Boots were made for Walking”. Sorry sweet girl.It doesn’t matter how many records were sold. It is
    all hot chicks for the guys in charge.
    Let’s start our own radio stations,
    Women Spinners. Please play Bo Bice.
    Regards,
    Margaret

16. LHH Says:
    July 18th, 2005 at 10:10 am

I’m listening to Pray for the Soul of Betty right now … I am a 53 year old lady and am having a hard time hearing Constantines great voice over all the screaming!!! He is so talented as a “crooner” that is what he needs to make a CD with. He can be the next Michael Bolton!!! My husband will croak if another MB comes along.

17. Amber Says:
    July 18th, 2005 at 3:12 pm

No worries Constantine will be more famous and sell more cds than Bo and Carrie combined, Bo was my 2nd fave so I’ll buy his cd too, but I can’t stand Carrie she should’t have even made the top 24.

18. Mary Says:
    July 23rd, 2005 at 3:47 pm

My favorites on AI were Constantine and Bo. Have to admit I didn’t vote because I thought Con was too good and had too many fans to lose. That’s probably what a lot of people thought, consequently he didn’t get enough votes. Would like to have another chance at that one!

19. yao_yao_yao Says:
    July 29th, 2005 at 4:50 am

King is pathetic. Con can’t sing actually, but he’s got the personality! :) All he does is scream around..and his screaming sounds really bad too.. try compare it with Linkin Park’s screaming! Or Foo Fighter’s. At least their screams sounded good.

Comments