INKED Premieres on A&E

July 19, 2005 11:05 PM by Joe Blackmon

Celebrity chic meets outrider art when an unpredictable mix of rock stars, celebrity VIPs, locals and tourists visit Vegas’ first casino tattoo parlor, in A&E Network’s new real life series INKED, premiering on Wednesday, July 20 with back-to-back episodes, 9 and 9:30PM/8 and 8:30C. It’s sure to get under your skin.

Every body has a story. Set on the cutting edge of anything-goes Las Vegas, INKED takes a real-life look at the pioneering Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company. Each week, in back-to-back episodes, we follow founder and freestyle motocross champ Carey Hart as he caters to high-profile clients while also managing his staff of temperamental artists, all within the glamorous confines of the Palms Casino Resort. Carey opened the shop in 2004 and now runs it with co-owner Thomas Pendleton, who has been tattooing since he was fourteen. Thomas is sure the shop will be a huge success, but he worries that his employees are “stuck on stupid.”

Meet the employees:
â⢠DIZZLE runs errands, sweeps the floors, and is eager to become shop apprentice. Hazed nonstop by mentor Thomas, Dizzle is eventually allowed to start training. Step No. 1: Tattooing designs on grapefruits, because citrus peel shares many of the characteristics of human skin.

â⢠CLARK is one of H&H’s senior artists. Years ago, Clark lost an eye in an accident and now he wears an ominous patch. He’s confident that his lack of three-dimensional perspective makes him a better artist. Clark’s loyal clients seem to agree. They fly in from all over the world for his custom inks.

â⢠QUINN is the sexy 20-something California blonde receptionist. Quinn’s questionable work ethic stirs up constant tension.

â⢠BIG E is a massive Samoan whose gentle touch surprises clients.

â⢠MONICA is the shop manager, whose fling with Thomas is threatening the parlor’s future.

Following are descriptions of the premiere episodes:
CHANGE OF HART
Wednesday July 20th at 9PM/ 8C
It’s been several months since the grand opening of Hart & Huntington and the shop’s owners have had enough of each other. Hart wants to keep the shop open but Huntington isn’t playing nice. If Hart and Huntington can’t settle their differences, the shop will be shuttered.

PULL IT TOGETHER, DIZZLE
Wednesday July 20th at 9:30PM/8:30C
Dizzle, the shop helper and resident goofball, has made the decision to become a tattoo artist and the first step on that path is getting an apprenticeship. But apprenticing under Thomas and Clark won’t be easy. These guys earned their ink the hard way and they’re not about to just hand Dizzle the needle.

Nancy Dubuc and Neil A. Cohen are the A&E Executive Producers. Gregg Backer, Jeff Bowler, and Matt Ginsburg serve as executive producers. INKED is produced by Fox TV Studios in association with Foglight Entertainment for A&E Network.

Topics: Inked |

49 Responses to “INKED Premieres on A&E”

1. Erin Says:
    August 28th, 2005 at 10:05 pm

thomas is hott. i

2. ashley Says:
    September 1st, 2005 at 11:15 pm

Dude, this is the best show i have ever seen… i love it..the crew on the show are awesome..and yah thomas is so hot:|

3. MJsleepo Says:
    September 24th, 2005 at 1:32 pm

quinn is sooo damn hott, how can i live without her???
    btw..im looking for my next x wife :)

4. KT Says:
    September 29th, 2005 at 1:06 am

Its an okay show but Miami ink is better they really show the art of tattooing ..I wish this show would show more tattooing and less of the soap opera stuff

5. April Says:
    September 30th, 2005 at 1:19 pm

Thomas is so damn sexy, why doesn’t he dump Monica and come for me..lol.. and I also agree that they should study more about the tattooing instead of their lil problems. Over all I love this show. I LOVE THOMAS

6. Robin Says:
    October 13th, 2005 at 12:43 pm

I’d watch Inked over Miami Ink any day!! I’m soooooooooo glad Thomas & Monica got together & are having twins!! Monica was right – she is good for him. Too bad they scooped the whole thing in 2 minutes at the end of the show! ;(

7. mELISSA Says:
    October 13th, 2005 at 1:41 pm

I think Carey and Thomas are so HOT! I missed what happened on the episode when Monica and Thomas got back together, grrr…

8. Tanisha Says:
    October 22nd, 2005 at 3:07 pm

Thomas is SO fine. omg its insane…Inked is so much better then Miami Ink…i love inked!

9. Mike Says:
    October 22nd, 2005 at 5:58 pm

i think tha show is kool…tha only question that i have for others is what is tha name of tha song and group who sings tha opening song.??? help please.!@!!

10. Joker Says:
    October 24th, 2005 at 1:41 pm

What happened to Thomas? He isn’t on the Hart & Huntington website as an artist or family.

11. Penny Says:
    November 3rd, 2005 at 10:39 am

no, sadly Thomas left the shop because he felt he needed to move on. And I so wanted to get a tattoo done by him…

12. JESSICA Says:
    November 3rd, 2005 at 4:15 pm

THOMAS AND MONICA GOT MARRIED AND THEY ARE EXPECTING TWINS.

SHE CAME BACK TO THE SHOP ABOUT 2 MONTHS AFTER THEY BROKE UP. HE LEFT THE SHOP AND THEY GOT MARRIED.

I WISH THEM THE BEST.

13. lynda Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 10:22 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew which episode was it that monica came back. the one where thomas and monica got back together and they were getting married and are expecting twins. i missed this episode!

14. lisa Says:
    November 11th, 2005 at 1:21 pm

What is the name of the Artist that Thomas inked with a sleeve which included the lil’ ozzy osbourne character? I think is was on the episode Supersize my Hart – just can’t remember the name of the Artist. If any one knows……let me know. thanks.

15. Gretchen Says:
    November 16th, 2005 at 9:56 pm

The name of the artist that thomas inked is Michael Godard.

16. Diana Says:
    November 16th, 2005 at 11:44 pm

Tanisha – the grp that sings the theme is “height of roman fashion”

17. Diana Says:
    November 16th, 2005 at 11:44 pm

Tanisha – the grp that sings the theme is “height of roman fashion”

18. joanne Says:
    November 17th, 2005 at 3:35 pm

oh my gosh tohmas is such a hot tay!! but what a load of crap he carries around!! let it go! remember: we all got scars honey bear!

19. Cassie Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 4:46 pm

Thomas is a hottie…And love Quinn, she’s so much fun.

Hey, does anyone know the address for Mr. Pendleton’s site? I checked it out before, but I forget the URL.

20. Cassie Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 3:07 pm

Nevermind, found it myself. It’s thomaspendelton.com. I typed in “thomaspendleton.com,” and, of course, that was wrong.

21. MHW Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 11:09 am

Is there going to be a second season?

22. krisitne Says:
    December 1st, 2005 at 1:55 pm

love this show, gonna go and get a tattoo from h&h, i lvoe thomas and i am so glad that monica nad him are back together and havin twins, i am also glad to see monica took off most of her make up, she looks 100 times better now!

23. G Says:
    January 8th, 2006 at 8:43 pm

?Who sings the Miami Ink Theme song? My Girl just must know!

24. Lola Says:
    January 14th, 2006 at 2:53 am

Certainly not the best show. I live in Las Vegas and have been to the shop, it certainly is not what a tattoo shop should be, it’s not what a tattoo shop is about, it’s not what the artists should be like (for the most part), it’s not pure art and passion, AND they stencil …

The show is just about drama. Plus what do you think were stupid? Hart had a car customed that they showed on the car … however it is leased … you CANNOT modify a leased car .. someone is off. And when Thomas “supposedly” took so many months to finish that chicks prostetic leg .. that’s impossible, all material for a show has to be gathered in a weeks worth time .. drama drama drama.

But the guys are nice, but it is very commercial work and commercial run. Miami Ink certainly “The Art and Passion of Tattoos”

25. trcday Says:
    January 18th, 2006 at 9:12 pm

what happened to quinn

26. trcday Says:
    January 18th, 2006 at 9:15 pm

what happened to quinn

27. macmac Says:
    January 18th, 2006 at 10:32 pm

The song used on the Miami Ink commercial is ‘Funky Kingston’ composed (and, I believe, performed here) by ‘Toots’ (Hibbert) & the Maytals. However, he recently released a version of this song that he performed with Bootsy Collins and The Roots. Check out the album, True Love, it’s a compilation of his stuff that he performs with greats like Ben Harper, Clapton, Jeff Beck and others…released sometime in 2004. First check out the’73 original, though, from the self-titles album: Funky Kingston/In the Dark…which has been re-mastered and re-issued on the Island label.

Here are the lyrics:
    Funky Kingston
    1973 single

Hey hey hey hey hey
    I want you to believe every word I say
    I want you to believe every thing I do
    I said music is what I’ve got baby
    And I’ve got to find some way to make it
    Music is what I’ve got baby
    I want you to come on and shake it
    Shake it, shake it baby
    Oh yeah
    Funky funky funky
    Funky Kingston is what I’ve got for you, oh yeah
    Funky Kingston, yeah is what I’ve got for you
    Funky Kingston
    Watch me now, you watch me now
    Played from east to west yeah
    I just played from north to south, yeah
    All across America people keep on asking me for Funky Kingston
    But I ain’t got none
    Somebody take it away from me
    You got to go and fetch one
    Funky Kingston

see also: http://www.tootsandthemaytals.net/toots/tootsbiographylong.aspx

28. Xan Says:
    January 21st, 2006 at 1:41 pm

Great Theme song for Miami Ink – I saw an episode of original “Ink”, can’t say I enjoyed it that much. Maybe I’ll give it another chance…

“Funky Kingston” is the title to that theme song, but there is a redo of the song and thats what you hear on that commercial.

29. richard tomlin Says:
    January 26th, 2006 at 6:02 am

INKED sucks now that thomas is gone. And Dizzle is one step away from riding the short bus. rich

30. dave Says:
    January 29th, 2006 at 8:38 pm

can anybody tell me what kind of car thomas drives? its the black car in the beging of the show, and maybey what the year is? thaks

31. vanessa Says:
    February 4th, 2006 at 5:38 pm

Dizzle is so hot!!

32. kathy Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 5:29 pm

WHAT IS THE SONG TITLE AND ARTISIT NAME FOR THE MIAMI INK THEME SONG ?? ANYONE KNOW ?? PLEASE !!

33. Anonymous Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 7:34 pm

Is there any other websites for Thomas besides thomaspendelton.com??

34. kris Says:
    February 12th, 2006 at 9:39 pm

i watched an episode where a woman gets a tattoo of the word runs on her foot. she says its part of a living story where one word is tattoo onto someones body. im dying to know what that is about. PLEASE can someone tell me the name of the person who started the story! thanks a million

35. john Says:
    February 13th, 2006 at 10:33 am

looking for some pics of the car on inked….anyone know where I can find ? thx

36. Scott Says:
    February 15th, 2006 at 12:45 am

Carey…I know you read this stuff bro. Do what ever you have to do to get Thomas back! Even if you have no plans for another season of “Inked”, Thomas was and is the faceman & image you were going for.

37. amy raspberry Says:
    February 17th, 2006 at 2:15 pm

hey i looooovee inked its the best show EVER! thomas is so smexii and carey iss soo hott

38. Adrienne Binversie Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 12:53 am

Well i went to Vegas in January of 2006 and i was inquiring about getting a Tat. They were filming the show the night i was there and the Production people approached me and asked if i would go into the shop and ask where Thomas was? I said sure, so i went in the shop and asked one of the receptionist where Thomas was and their reply was he doesn’t work here anymore so i asked if he moved to Florida to open the shop down there and they stated no he moved to California. Well a person that interveiwed me from the inked production co. told me he and Monica got married had twins and was in rehab. i was so shocked! sothere is info right from the horses mouth so to speak. keep watchin because that eppisode i was told will air in March sometime.

39. Mike Gelerter Says:
    March 3rd, 2006 at 2:55 am

Thomas is coming out with a new website entitled Ministry of Ink. http://www.ministryofink.com. This website will feature high quality T-shirts designed by Thomas, himself. The designs are sick. Check it out. It will be launching around March 15, 2006 but there is a splash page up now!!!

40. Jeff H Says:
    March 7th, 2006 at 5:49 pm

The Miami Ink music:
    The song is Funky Kingston (originally a Toots toon I believe), but the artist doing it on the ad, according to Miami Ink website, is Peter Gayle. I really like what I hear, but can’t find anything more on him or band – recordings, etc.

41. Suzanne Says:
    March 15th, 2006 at 4:31 pm

Shelley Jackson is the author from who the lady got the runs tattoo on her foot for whoever asked that question. The show will never be the same without Thomas! The only good thing left is Carey!

42. candice Says:
    June 12th, 2006 at 8:48 pm

Iluv thomas…he is so sexy!!!Inked in the best show ever..I was wondering how old thomas son is and wut his name is and i was also wondering when thomas b-day is or how old he is….also does anyone know wut they named the twins!!!!

43. shanna Says:
    June 15th, 2006 at 4:03 am

CAREY NEEDS TO COME TO SOME SORT OF AGREEMENT WHERE THOMAS CAN SHOW OFF HIS TALENT BECAUSE THOMAS WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE MAN TO THAT SHOW WE CALL INKED. MONICA IS SO BEAUTIFUL FOR THOMAS THEY MAKE A GOOD COUPLE AND I HOPE HIS T-SHIRT COMPANY JUMPS OFF BIGGGGGG! CONGRATULATIONS THOMAS AND MONICA PENDELTON INKED SURE LOST A GOOD 2 PEOPLE….AND THEN THERE WAS FOUR….YOUR FAMILY….THATS TIGHT! SHANNA IN CORCO

44. shanna Says:
    June 15th, 2006 at 4:06 am

get thomas and monica back on somehow don’t care how just do it you’ll do better than showing a receptionist who does absolutely nothing……..corcoran

45. Father Daley Says:
    August 31st, 2006 at 6:17 am

Ministryofink.com is going strong. They have their shirts in Hot Topic and have two or three more clothing lines coming out.

They also have a myspace account.

myspace.com/ministryofink

and

myspace.com/thomasnadmonicapendelton

They actually run the pages too. It’s not some staffer replying, it’s Monica and sometimes even Thomas.

myspace.com/thomas

46. SweetTart Says:
    February 2nd, 2007 at 5:43 am

Anyone know where I can get that Theme song? Can’t DL the ringtone cos my phone not compatable… just can’t find it anywhere.

47. Jessica Says:
    February 11th, 2007 at 12:14 am

I don’t know what Thomas sees in Monica but oh well he married her and had kids with her.I wish i’m luck.Someone said he was in rehab?Why?
    The only reason I watched that show was cause of him.I don’t know why he left he totally loved working there.It really sucks.

48. rogerM Says:
    February 11th, 2007 at 2:33 pm

The theme song for miami inks intro or ad “funky kingston” is by toots and the maytals. But whenever they roll the credits at the end of the show they give the credit to John Denver, a country music singer. I’ve done some research and found out that the song funky kingston was originally recorded by toots and the maytals in 1973 on a previous album, then re-released in 2004, for their true love album. In terms of John Denver, i didnt find anything in his regard about the song funky kingston, although their might be the possibility that he’s the original composer of the song funky kingston, but credit should be awarded to toots and the maytals because its their vocals that are heard on the ad/intro to miami ink. By the way A&E were running promos for a spin-off show that features thomas, and his pregnant wife monica, but after the first episode it got dumped. i wish he and his wife the best

49. rogerM Says: