American Idol 5 Auditions Start in August

July 28, 2005 06:37 PM by Joe Blackmon

It’s that time of year again, as American Idol begins its search for the next singing sensation. The No. 1 show of the past two seasons is offering an extraordinary opportunity for one talented singer to perform before millions of TV viewers, become a household name and win a major recording contract.

The quest to become the next American Idol starts now. Auditions for the fifth edition of AMERICAN IDOL begin in San Francisco, CA, on Thursday, August 18, at the Cow Palace.  Cow Palace is located at Geneva Avenue and Santos Street.  According to FOX, no one will be allowed to line up prior to 6 AM on August 17.

Auditions will continue in the following cities: Austin, TX, Thursday, Aug. 25, Frank Erwin Center; Boston, MA, Wednesday, Aug. 31, Gillette Stadium; Memphis, TN, Monday, Sept. 5, FedExForum; Denver, CO, Sunday, Sept. 11, Pepsi Center; and Chicago, IL, Friday, Sept. 16, Soldier Field.  Additional details for these cities will be announced shortly.

The next season of AMERICAN IDOL will begin in January 2006.  This year’s rules allow for men and women 16 to 28 years old and eligible to work in the United States.  Restrictions apply – please see idolonfox.com for specifics.

Topics: American Idol |

7 Responses to “American Idol 5 Auditions Start in August”

1. BitzofBrin Says:
    July 28th, 2005 at 6:53 pm

Oh, I wish I was sixteen. Then I would go audition. I feel bad for the people who are auditioning, though The 18th! There’s hardly any time to prepare. I might talk my dad into bringing me to the auditions in Denver so I can interview auditioners for my podcast.

~Brin

http://bitzofbrin.blogspot.com – Listen to my podcast!
    feed://feeds.feedburner.com/BitzOfBrin – Or subscribe to it!

2. Angie Says:
    August 1st, 2005 at 12:32 pm

If future contestants were smart, they would have prepared in advance as soon as season 4 was over.

3. DEBBIE Says:
    August 4th, 2005 at 11:30 am

SO WILL THE AMERICAN IDOL 5 BE DOING AUDITIONS IN ATLANTA THIS YEAR?

4. sonya ratliff Says:
    April 4th, 2006 at 4:41 pm

when can will we find out about audition dates for season 6?

5. Candace Says:
    January 1st, 2007 at 11:41 pm

Will American Idol be doing auditions at Denver, Colorado
    Next month on 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. shena brown Says:
    June 27th, 2007 at 9:25 am

please hold auditions here in atlanta so i can win.

7. shena brown Says:
    June 27th, 2007 at 9:25 am

please hold auditions here in atlanta so i can win.

Comments