Big Brother 6 America’s Choice Winner is…

August 10, 2005 11:04 PM by Joe Blackmon

On Thursday, August 11 at some time between 8 and 9 P.M. Eastern Time, CBS will announce the winner of the Big Brother 6 America’s Choice poll.  And if Kaysar Ridha doesn’t walk back into the house, it will become one of the biggest controversies in reality TV history.

Controversy over the voting rules for the Big Brother 6 America’s Choice poll is currently a heated topic of debate on the Internet, and CBS isn’t talking.  On the Thursday, August 4, 2005 episode of Big Brother 6, Julie Chen announced that viewers would be able to vote either via text voting or via the Internet for one previously evicted houseguest to re-enter the Big Brother 6 house.

What Julie Chen failed to mention is if viewers were allowed to vote more than once.  With no restrictions voiced by Julie, many viewers have been going under the assumption that multiple voting is allowed.  A press release from CBS only notes that “other restrictions on voting may apply.”

Viewers are charged 49 cents per text vote.  Rumors have circulated that family and friends of the contestants are spending massive amounts of money casting multiple text votes.  Internet voting is free on the CBS.com website, which has inspired some fans to create macro programs that allow a single individual to repeatedly vote for one contestant.

Reality TV Magazine contacted a representative from CBS to get a clarification on the voting rules, but CBS’s response was to refer us back to the press release.  Reality TV Magazine followed up with an inquiry to CBS stating that since money was involved in the text voting that many fans wanted to know exactly what other restrictions may apply means.  CBS did not respond to inquiries asking for clarification.  Even though CBS couldn’t provide a clarification of the voting rules, they did issue a press release pointing out that Big Brother 6 voting is helping to create record traffic for the CBS.com websiteRealityBlurred.com offers up one theory based on the record traffic press release by pointing out that “Perhaps this explains the mixed messages about multiple votes; more voting equals more traffic.”

Popular opinion seems to be pointing toward a Kaysar victory.  Kaysar has received the endorsement of various websites such as TVSquad.com and TVGasm.com.  Kaysar has been a fan favorite on message boards at Big Brother fan sites Reality BBQ and Joker’s Updates.  Comments from Reality TV Magazine readers have also heavily favored Kaysar returning to the house.

However, Eric Littmann has not been without his fans, and reality TV has become known for surprising outcomes that seem to defy popular opinion on the Internet.  At the time of this article, a Reality TV Magazine poll on “Which Big Brother houseguest will viewers vote back into the house?” shows a heated contest between Kaysar and Eric.  While Kaysar has been in the lead for the majority of the time the poll has been running, Eric has occasionally jumped into the lead.  With over 430,000 votes currently cast in the Reality TV Magazine readers poll, less than 1% separates the vote between Eric and Kaysar.  And just for clarification, Reality TV Magazine has allowed multiple voting in the poll, which should help the poll to mirror the multiple voting that is occuring in the official CBS.com poll.

Topics: Big Brother |

35 Responses to “Big Brother 6 America’s Choice Winner is…”

1. Cherie Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 5:38 am

just because the internet summary providers are all in favor of Kaysar doesn’t mean it will be unfair if he is not brought back – there are many fans of BB who do not read the internet spoilers, but may have voted – I personally voted for Eric many times. I don’t like others doing my thinking for me….I like Eric and his group and just because those who write for the internet don’t, doesn’t mean he doesn’t have alot of people voting for him……

2. Anonymous Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 6:37 am

Actually I know no one that wants Eric back from all age ranges and sexes. But as I don’t really know any bitter people who live in their own unrealistic dream worlds, I guess that’s not surprising.

If Eric comes back, it’s a sham and that’s a fact. Sorry Cherie, but you are dead wrong and most likely Eric’s family member. I’d apologize if I were you.

3. Anonymous Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 6:38 am

“I like doing my own thinking” HA! Then why vote for the one group incapable of that very thing. Say “Baaa” like the sheep you are, Cherie.

4. Joey Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 6:41 am

Cherie, it’s not about doing your own thinking. It’s about voting for someone with class (Kaysar) and someone who has proven to be a truly sad human being (Eric). Is it that hard to understand the concept of most deserving?

5. Anonymous Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 7:13 am

i voted as much as i could did not have help in it so i hope eric comes back.

6. Anonymous Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 7:27 am

Umm… Maybe you didn’t have any help because NO ONE else wanted to help you bring Eric back? Every think of that, smart guy?

7. bbbbq fanatic Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 7:46 am

Kaysar must return to the BB house…he is the hands down favorite of almost everyone you ask , be it live feed viewers or people who only watch the show on CBS. Unless something fishy is going on , Kaysar will be walking in that door tonight !

8. Anonymous Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 7:57 am

I’m getting sooo tired of this….

Kaysar IS America’s Choice. We don’t need a vote to know that. Just check any BB chat or message board.

9. p.lukasiak Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 9:05 am

CBS is well and truly screwed….

first off, it may well be that Eric is “America’s Choice”, given how the broadcast version of the show consistently highlights his virtues (and his “hero firefighter status and family man) while massively downplaying his faults.

Those of us who watch the feeds know a completely different Eric — someone who is megalomanical and manipulative, and who thrives on the weekness of others. There is simply no way that if “America” was watching the feeds—or CBS was giving a more accurate picture of Eric’s character— that he would have any chance at all in this vote.

In terms of programmed voting, I think its safe to assume that Kayser is way out in front — there is no question that Kaysar’s support is incredibly strong among those who are “internet savvy” — and the overwhelming number of “programmed votes” will inevitably go to Kaysar — and thus I think its safe to say that Kaysar is in the lead in the “raw” vote.

So, if Eric walks into the house, it will be the result of TWO kinds of manipulation by CBS—the first, manipulation of the votes, and second, manipulation of perception.

But regardless of the outcome, CBS is going to be well and truly screwed, because lots of people have spent lots of money text messaging their votes, and CBS’s failure to be specific about how it would count votes, combined with the fact that CBS is making money off of the text messages, is going to open up a MASSIVE case of fraud for that company.

10. eugen bigest fan Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 9:06 am

EUGEN 2 WIN BB AND WELL DUN EUGEN 4 TAKIN DA MONEY I WUD A DUN IT.LV YA XX

11. lsspgh Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 9:43 am

At the time of this article, a Reality TV Magazine poll on “Which Big Brother houseguest will viewers vote back into the house?” shows a heated contest between Kaysar and Eric. While Kaysar has been in the lead for the majority of the time the poll has been running, Eric has occasionally jumped into the lead. With over 430,000 votes currently cast in the Reality TV Magazine readers poll, less than 1% separates the vote between Eric and Kaysar.

I find this so hard to believe! I do agree with the fraud part. You don’t have to be a live feed person to hate Eric. No matter how they tried to portray Eric on TV, anyone with any sense would see right through that.

12. Cap Nord Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 9:48 am

After reading the posted messages concerning the vote, I’ve come to the conclusion that this whole debacle is even more childish than I first thought. Get a life people! There are children dying of stravation in the world even as you read this!

13. samantha morton Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 9:55 am

i wish every1 could win big brother y cant the person who wins share the money but still have more than the others?

14. lsspgh Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 10:10 am

You need to get a life by helping the starving children in the world and not worrying about posting on this web site.

15. Waldo Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 11:19 am

Okay so I have assumed from the beginning that CBS will rig it, based on the web site’s disclaimer. So then the question is…who will they put back in? Who is a better “America’s Choice”? I know if “Cappy” comes back I will look to the sky and cry “Help me Kaysar!” just like Cappy’s biggest fans (aka. cappy cult followers) in the house did for him.

16. lsspgh Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 11:33 am

I will have to quit watching. The day Cappy left was not too soon for me. I don’t think I could go through him being there again. Everytime I would switch feeds, there he would be, almost like he had his own show.

17. PEB Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 11:47 am

I stopped watching the day Kaysar left. Now I only read about it through the various BB sites. I can’t stand the rest of the house, and if “Cappy” returns, I’ll stop reading about the show also. Between his illusions of perfection, and Ivette’s blatant racist remarks, and Howie’s sex driven stupidity, this has been the worse BB yet.

18. Josh Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 12:08 pm

BB6 SHOULD DO THE RIGHT THING AND LET KAYSAR BACK IN ERIC IS NOT EVEN FIT FOR DR. PHILL, HE IS INHUMANE TO THE POINT THAT VIEWERS WANT TO TURN OF THE TV WHEN HE IS ON. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I ALONG WITH ALOT OF AMERICANS AM ASHAMED THAT HE IS IN OUR COUNTRY AS A FIREMAN YET. HE SHOULD BE DEPORTED TO ALABANIA WHERE HE CAN GET ALONG WITH THE ANIMALS LIKE HIM

19. Robin Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 12:28 pm

I also stopped caring after Kaysar left….if he comes back, it’s game on! If not, then I will never watch this show again – any season!

Eric is far too immature and without class to be given a second chance, not to mention the prospect of winning.

Respect needs to be earned. His behavior was APPALLING and disgusting, regardless of his profession.

20. Anonymous Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 2:04 pm

Why do most of the house guests say “Kaysar” when the vote to get him out was 7-1?? That’s what I don’t understand..

21. lsspgh Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 2:12 pm

I believe I heard Kaysar to tell his group to vote for him to be evicted, why I don’t know. All I’ve been hearing from the hg’s on the feeds for the past week is that everyone thinks Eric is coming back. For some strange reason the hg’s think that America likes Eric more than Kaysar? That I don’t get either. If they only knew! Boy would they be surprised. I think it’s partly due to the fact that Kaysar was just evicted last week. Janelle wants Michael back for obvious reasons and some think he will be voted back because he was wronged.

22. Anonymous Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 2:16 pm

Kaysar requested that everyone vote for him to save Janelle from being hurt.

23. HMB Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 2:41 pm

If CBS is smart, they will put Kaysar, the master strategist and fan favorite back in the game. Everyone loves him, from Marcellas to the current houseguests, or at least respects him (I have read SO MUCH about him online). David Koresh, I mean Eric, is a cult leader who tells his sheep when to go to bed, how much to eat, and even how to think!

24. HMB Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 2:44 pm

To Samantha Morton:
    Why are you posting on this website? Shouldn’t you be concerned with those starving children? Hypocrite. Get out there are do something!!!!!!

25. lsspgh Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 3:11 pm

It wasn’t poor Samantha Morton. It was Cap Nord. The names are underneath the comments. Please place the blame where it belongs. Thanks.

26. lottapaws Says:
    August 11th, 2005 at 10:06 pm

It is apparent that CBS is pulling for Kaysar, we had that idea from the first show. But we do not care for Kaysar, yet we are not crazy about Eric either.

Truth be told, this twist is just a way to keep the viewers talking about BB6, and thus keep the numbers high. However, it is unfair to those in the house. Our family has no desire to watch BB6 after Kaysar was voted back into the house, but as I stated, we weren’t all too crazy about Eric. In fact, everyone we know has stated that they have lost interest in this season. While there will be those who love Kaysar and will continue watching, there could easily be a drop off of some viewers.

The houseguests this year are just not very likeable. In its quest for the almighty dollar, CBS forgot that having a few personalities to stir the pot is okay, but there should be at least ONE person whom the viewers hope to see win the money. This season has given us a house full of personalities for whom it is hard to pull.

27. lne Says:
    August 12th, 2005 at 5:16 pm

Lottapaws: So, what it is exactly that you don’t like about Kaysar that makes you want to not watch it now that he’s back in the BB6 house? As for your “easy drop off” comment, don’t think so….Kaysar won 82% of 5,000,000 votes, meaning Eric probably won 10% and Michael 8%. The 18% is much more significant to me than Kaysar winning the 82%. The 18% speaks VOLUMES about both of them, Michael AND Eric.

Michael was just too immature and liked to stir things up. Eric, on the other hand, has a disease called SHORT MAN SYNDROME and all the b.s. that comes along with that condition. He’s not a bad guy, he just has a nonfixable condition. Think NAPOLEON….look up napoleonic complex. They tend to throw their little bodies around, are very high-strung (much like the little people though he is not short enough to be categorized in that group), have all sorts of size-related complexes from height to other body parts. He’s not a bad guy, HEY HE GETS PEOPLE OUT OF FIRES and puts out fires. That is very commendable. He’s just not very likeable. Am I a maven on this subject? YOU BET! I was married to one of these for 15 years, until I divorced him. *L*

GO KAYSAR!!!

28. lne Says:
    August 12th, 2005 at 5:30 pm

from another site:

“Fourteen hours later and ‘Big Brother 6′ finally has a new Head of Household. The ‘Pressure Cooker’ endurance challenge which began on last night’s live eviction episode continued this morning until Jennifer Vasquez, the 27-year-old arena football league dancer from Texas, bested Kaysar Ridha, the 24-year-old graphics designer from California on the live 24/7 Internet feeds from the ‘Big Brother 6′ house. Kaysar eventually relented and handed the win to Jennifer. Jennifer now has the power to nominate two HouseGuests for eviction.

In the ‘Pressure Cooker’ endurance challenge, the HouseGuests have to stand in a greenhouse and hold down a button and not let go. In order to exit the greenhouse, three people must let go of their buttons. As an added twist, in the middle of the room were mystery boxes on a rotating floor. Once the HouseGuests were eliminated, they could open one box and share the contents with another HouseGuest or leave what was inside to torment the remaining players. Host Julie Chen opened the first box and let out some flies. Later when Beau Beasley and Janelle Pierzina were elimented, Beau won a martini bar and Janelle claimed a plasma screen television.

29. Brenda Says:
    August 13th, 2005 at 2:15 pm

Kayser will definitely bring the game back not to mention he’s tall dark and handsome!!!

30. lne Says:
    August 15th, 2005 at 10:14 am

while I adore Kaysar – “tall, dark, and handsome” is not a character trait that will make ANYONE win.

GO KAYSAR

31. Waldo Says:
    August 15th, 2005 at 2:53 pm

Get ready everyone, for Jennifer to become the most hated reality player in North America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. cindy Says:
    August 18th, 2005 at 8:21 pm

Sorry to see that kaysar is gone so soon again, but it is payback time to get out some of those devils. I was going to stop watching big brother, but it is getting very heated now. Good luck kaysar, you were the reason I was watching the show. I hope you tried for bigger stuff like the movies bye bye and good luck. Good

a big sister

33. lne Says:
    August 19th, 2005 at 7:14 am

I am just happy that it was a double eviction and that Janelle put up JENNIFER and MAGGIE. Has anyone noticed that Maggie has gotten awfully quiet the last 2 weeks ??? AS IF she was NOT the upstart that she really is………

Good luck to you Kaysar in all your endeavors. You made this BB6 a lot of fun and much more interesting. Sorry the creeps voted you off. And JENNIFER’s explanation of “I didn’t really lie, I just merely broke my word” is a bunch of CRAPOLA. A lie is a lie is a lie. There is even lying by not saying stuff, also known as LYING BY OMISSION.

I hope everything flies back in the faces of Jennifer and April !!! What a bunch of 6-faced liars these women are.

SIGNED: PERSON OF THE JEWISH FAITH

34. Anonymous Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:42 am

Julie Chen had PLENTY of plastic surgery back in the middle to late 1990s…..HEY LES MOONVES – GET A LOAD OF THIS…or the former Mrs. Moonves should see this *ROFLMAO*

35. Anonymous Says:
    September 10th, 2005 at 10:00 pm

BB6 is just a load of BS nowadays. Really I don’t know a single person in my town who ever wanted to see Kaysar back, or Janelle win the phone call and trip to the set of “Two and a half men”This is all a set up and the sheeple of America aren’t complaining enough. Are you idiots realy gonna stand by while CBS warps us to believe that all Americans are sooooo superfical to allow these things to happen?

Comments