Rock Star INXS is Heating Up

August 16, 2005 11:37 PM by Joe Blackmon

MigpianoRock Star: INXS is finally starting to heat up.  During Sunday’s VH1 segment of the show, the rock singers were split into two teams and asked to write the melody to a new INXS song.  As usual, J.D. Fortune shook things up by disagreeing with the song written by his teammates.  J.D. reminded his team that “We’re not a band.  We’re competing to be in a band.”

In the end, J.D. was given the chance to perform the song he wrote, and Dave Navarro pointed out that J.D. wrote a better song than his team.  Before the CBS performance part of the show starts, the rock singers discuss the song writing competition with INXS and J.D. raises some eyebrows when he says in regards to his team’s song that “The last thing I want to do is make J.D. Fortune known to INXS with a **** song.”

This week INXS also changes things up by assigning songs to the rock singers, which proves to be a great move.  Jordis Unga shines with a performance of “Knocking on Heaven’s Door.”  After Jordis’ performance, Dave Navarro says “It is such an honor to be a member of this planet that gets to watch a star being born.”  However, MiG Ayesa will undoubtedly win the encore with both his singing ability and piano playing talent in his performance of “Baby I Love Your Way.”  Dave Navarro sums up the performance by saying “Tonight, during your performance, all I could think of was how much I love my wife.”

The most challenging song of the night goes to Marty Casey, who is asked to sing the Britney Spears’ song “Hit Me Baby One More Time.”  Marty actually does an admirable job giving a unique rock sound to the song.

Just like last week, Brooke Burke gives viewers an early peak at the voting.  Jessica Robinson, Deanna Johnston, and Ty Taylor are in the bottom three vote getters at the end of the show.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for ROCK STAR: INXS news.  For other great Rock Star: INXS news, please also check out SirLinksALot: ROCK STAR: INXS.

Topics: Rock Star: INXS |

12 Responses to “Rock Star INXS is Heating Up”

1. Bubbles Says:
    August 17th, 2005 at 12:06 am

Can’t wait to watch it tonight!!

GO MiG!!!!

2. Rick Says:
    August 17th, 2005 at 9:01 am

Eventually you folks will have to come to the realization that none of Ty, Jordis, or Marty can lead INXS. Ty and Jordis aren’t right, and Marty is a one-trick pony. He was tasked with performing something poppier instead of his usual dark material, and all he could do was turn his poppy song into something dark.

This competition *should* be between MiG and Suzie.

3. James Says:
    August 17th, 2005 at 10:11 am

Everyone was good last night, but Jordis and Mig are the best in the competition. Mig to me just hasn’t really been taking any risks. Jordis has been taking a lot of risks and sometimes they aren’t even good risks like Layla, but at least she changes her songs up. I think when it comes down to Jordis and Mig, the winner is….Jordis

YOU GO JORDIS!!!!

4. Skoobs Says:
    August 17th, 2005 at 3:07 pm

Here’s the thing…

I want Jordis to be in the top two and then come in second so that she can front her own band. I’d rather see her with a “harder” group of rockers.

I think MiG fits in with the band the best. Ty is awesome and so it Marty, and I’m sure they’ll be getting their own gigs too. Jessica is too squeaky, Deanna is too soulful, and JD is just a prick and too cocky to deserve any fame. He’s better off sticking to arranging and writing behind the scences.

5. Bubbles Says:
    August 17th, 2005 at 7:52 pm

Way to go MiG!!

I cired when he finished his performance and was getting his cheers from the band and Dave. I too am proud to be an Australian!! When MiG is announced the winner I will buy him a beer when he returns home triumpant with the band!!

Go you good thing!

6. viewer Says:
    August 20th, 2005 at 3:48 pm

I think one of the members was kinda hitting on MiG when he said I’m proud to be from Austrailia! Ummmmmmm MiG OMG he should take it right now HE IS THE INXS FRONTMAN!

Case Closed! We Love You MiG! God bless!

May all your performances ROCK!!!

7. Anonymous Says:
    August 20th, 2005 at 10:17 pm

Where is will?

8. Paul botello Says:
    September 1st, 2005 at 1:50 am

INXS, you made a big mistake when you TY go, he was the absolute best. Jordis is so lame, she is the worst up there along with the con artist JD. I will stop watching the show. America and INXS showed their true colors, white.

9. Andreas Says:
    September 2nd, 2005 at 2:21 am

more than America votes, jackass(Mexico, Japan, South America)! it must be nice to blame failure on skin color, rather than on the fact that you “may” suck?

INXS isn’t under affirmative action guidelines either….they can pick who they want, it’s their band.

10. Kay Roberts Says:
    September 11th, 2005 at 9:18 pm

I admit that Suzie has a voice however I am dissappointed in the favouritism the show, David and INXS is displaying towards her. She has more air play in the house than any of the other artists. A great voice but definitely not suited to INXS. I am an avid fan and always have been and would be very happy for either MIG or Marty to front the band. They have a voice, ethics and they both have a humbling quality that is endearing.

11. Kay Roberts Says:
    September 11th, 2005 at 9:21 pm

12. Anonymous Says:
    June 9th, 2006 at 9:30 am

i kno im veeery much late but i just noticed… the aussies seemed to be too proud of mig. don’t you guys kno that he’s nationality’s filipino? like, his aunt is one of the most prominent political figures here in the philippines! she even ran for vice president! she won mtv’s most stylish politician for female!

Comments