American Idol Finalist Bo Bice In Hospital

August 21, 2005 09:25 PM by Joe Blackmon

Bo_bice_cross

According to The Decatur Daily, Bo Bice underwent surgery on Friday for stomach ailments at Desert Spring Hospital in Las Vegas.  Before this latest health problem, The Decatur Daily also reports that Bo Bice had food poisoning at an American Idols Live tour stop in Grand Prairie, Texas and spent a night in the hospital.  Longtime Bo Bice fans will also remember that Bo Bice was rumored to have food poisoning during a performance in the late stages of the American Idol competition.

This is the second major health problem for Bo Bice on the American Idols Live tour.  Back in late July, Bo Bice broke his foot when he switched to wearing tennis shoes over the boots he normally wears during his performances.  Bo didn’t let the broken foot stop him from continuing on the American Idols Live tour, but Bo’s stomach ailment and surgery have caused him to miss the most recent stops on the tour.

According to an update on SugarMoney.net (the official website of Bo Bice’s band), Bo Bice has “successfully undergone an emergency medical procedure that was urgently needed to save his life. Bo had a blockage in his intestines that required immediate surgery.”  SugarMoney.net also notes “after the successful surgery it is critical that Bo rests for a minimum of six weeks.”

In addition to Bo’s own health problems, The Decatur Daily reports that Bo’s half-brother is also in the hospital.  Bo’s half-brother John Cohran was seriously injured in a car accident, while returning from watching Bo perform at an American Idols Live tour stop in Los Angeles.  The Decatur Daily says “Cohran is a Marine stationed in California.”

Bo’s family and bandmates have always been very generous in taking their time to provide Reality TV Magazine with updates on Bo Bice, and Reality TV Magazine would like to extend their best wishes, thoughts, and prayers to Bo Bice and his brother for a speedy recovery.  Reality TV Magazine would also like to invite Bo Bice’s many fans to post their get well wishes for Bo and his brother in the comments section of this article.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol or SirLinksALot:Bo Bice.

Topics: American Idol |

78 Responses to “American Idol Finalist Bo Bice In Hospital”

1. CindyG Says:
    August 21st, 2005 at 9:53 pm

Get well soon Bo, take it easy! Your fans will be ready and waiting after you recover!

You have many fans praying for you and your family!

Much Love!!

2. c Says:
    August 21st, 2005 at 9:55 pm

drug withdrawal????

3. Dusty Says:
    August 21st, 2005 at 10:20 pm

The hospital is expected to issue a statement tomorrow and there’s no reason to believe that this was anything other than a serious medical condition unrelated to any kind of drug abuse. Why even make the allegation? It’s a disservice to Bo.

4. Karen Says:
    August 21st, 2005 at 10:25 pm

Bo,
    We are keeping you in our prayers. Knowing that our Heavenly Father well heal you back to the Bo we have come to know and love. Get Well Soon

5. tvfan Says:
    August 21st, 2005 at 11:10 pm

I was at the Idol concert last night and there was just a sign on the entrance doors saying “Due to illness, Bo Bice will not be performing tonight.” I was totally bummed and kinda angry that he could perform in the finale with problems but not that night, but when I heard how serious it was, I just hope he gets better!

6. tvfan Says:
    August 21st, 2005 at 11:14 pm

Want to send a Get Well card to Bo? Send it to:
    Bo Bice
    c/o Donny Acton
    New Hope Church
    5100 Cahaba Valley Road
    Birmingham, AL 35242

His pastor is accepting cards to give to him the hospital!

7. Chelsea Nipp Says:
    August 21st, 2005 at 11:47 pm

I’m not trying to but Bo down and all because I think he should of won. My ex has the same stomach probblems of Bo, and normally I hear it happens because of drugs, and Bo does have a past with drugs

8. Dusty Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 12:00 am

I’m not living in a fantasy world about Bo and the drugs, but, as a Bo fan, I’m getting a little tired of people bringing it up every time Bo looks a little sick or a little tired or hurts his foot or is hospitalized with what is probably an unrelated problem. Unless you know exactly what his medical condition is and what the causes might be and whether drugs are the only conceivable answer, why bring it up? Why encourage negative speculation about someone who seems like a very nice, very spiritual, very generous man? Can’t we all just wish the best for Bo without making something ugly out of it?

9. myra Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 12:13 am

GET WELL SOON!!!

10. BoCrazy Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 12:33 am

Get Well, Bo, we love and miss you…God bless and keep you and you are in my every thought and prayer. Rest and get strong…we’ll wait for you.

11. MrsBoBice Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 12:39 am

GET WELL SOON BO!!!!!! Your fans love ya!

12. D Tyler Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 12:56 am

You have to wonder about people that post ridiculous remarks re. drugs when they just read an article that it was an intestinal blockage that is life threatening. I lost a dear friend to this very thing. She dropped dead at her kitchen table within minutes of her blood pressure dropping. All you have to do is look at Bo’s eyes and see the compassion and peace he has attained spiritually. I wish him and his entire family the best and hope such negative comments can be stopped. They don’t need that extra pain, they have more then enough.

13. bamboojs Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 1:23 am

Bo,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you so much.

14. Dana Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 1:38 am

Bo, I cannot put into words what you have done for my life, by just being yourself. Your health is paramount, so please take care. We will be here waiting when you get better! Peace, and love.

15. BB4ever Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 2:33 am

Get well soon, Bo! You’re always in my prayers. God bless you!!!

16. Gay Dennis Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 2:35 am

Prayers are with you Bo and your brother. My Mom who started me on the American Idol tours (we’ve been to all of them)is 79 and also sends her prayers. We were at the concert in San Jose and you were truly missed!

We will be getting your album as soon as it is released!

Take care and God Speed!

17. Karen Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 3:05 am

Time out:

CindyG, you are an ASSHOLE! If you only knew how serious this situation is.BUY A CLUE!

Time in:

Bo,

Feel better man.God bless you.We’re praying that you will be back on your feet in no time.

Much love!

18. Karen Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 3:09 am

Correction: Above post was meant for “c”, not CindyG.

Apologies

Carry on…

19. Sandi Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 3:46 am

You gave us quite a scare, Bo, but now your true blue fans are united and want to say loud and clear: Please be sure you to take all the time you need to rest up and fully recuperate. Don’t let any thoughts of “letting us down” enter your mind! Your health is the most important thing right now, to all of us. You and your family will be in our prayers as you go through the healing process. Much love to you, Bo!

20. Traci Godwin Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 4:54 am

Bo, My name is Traci. I live in Flomaton, AL. I thank God that he sent you to Us. You have been such an influence in my life. You’re the reason I met ALL my Sisters on BiceQuad.com. We constantly pray for you. You bring us joy, peace and every other Good thing that God has shown you. We are your angelic sisters who love you and God promises that he will never put things on you that you can’t handle. I’m an example of that. I have been through the type of surgery you’ve had around 8 times. I know you can do it.

21. sharon Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 5:16 am

I’m hoping for a speedy recovery for both Bo and his brother.

(and I’ve known 2 people who had to have emergency surgery for an intestinal blockage. One was a co-worker, and one was my father. Neither had anything whatsoever to do with drugs. It really is a life-threatening condition unless you get immediate medical care. )

22. Amy Spencer Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 5:43 am

Bo, I am continuing to pray for your speedy recovery. You are a true gift from God and you deserve the best this world has to offer. I know in my heart that you will get well soon, just please take it easy and get the rest you need. Your fans all understand that you will need to recover and we want you to be healthy more than anything else. We love you very much.

23. Pam Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 5:49 am

Bo!!! GET WELL!! We all are thinking and praying for your speedy recovery. Take it easy and we look forward to seeing you in the future on tour!!!

A True Fan!!!

24. Kelsinbham Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 6:16 am

Dear Sweet Bo – please, please get well soon. We love you so much. My son had this same ailment at the tender age of two. This is not uncommon but very very dangerous. Thank God those doctors in Las Vegas finally figured out what was going on with you. This has been going on since the week of the finals – how many times can one man get food poisoning? Props to the docs at that Las Vegas hospital!!! Lots of love!

25. Joe Brusalis Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 6:17 am

Bo,
    I hope all things go well man. You truly are a tremendous talent. All prayers to you and your family Bo! Get well soon!

26. jaden Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 6:35 am

Many prayers for you Bo. Take care of yourself and we can’t wait for the Bo tour and your album. You’ve given us so much happiness.

27. Susan Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 6:56 am

Bo, concentrate on getting well and don’t worry … your fans will be waiting for you when you come back better than ever (if that’s possible). We love you and wish you and your family the best. You are an incredible talent and great guy.

28. KATHY Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 7:19 am

DEAR BO,
    ALL OF US AT BICESQUAD.COM ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR HEALTH.
    YOU HAVE ALREADY GIVEN US SO MUCH, YOU TAKE THIS TIME TO HEAL AND ENJOY BEING WITH YOUR WIFE, FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
    WE ARE IN THIS FOR THE LONG RUN WITH YOU!!
    WE WILL SEE YOU ON YOUR SOLO TOUR AND BACK IN HELENA ON
    BO BICE DAY 2006!!!

MUCH LOVE,
    KATHY – INDIANA

29. KATHY Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 7:19 am

DEAR BO,
    ALL OF US AT BICESQUAD.COM ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR HEALTH.
    WE ARE IN THIS FOR THE LONG RUN WITH YOU!!
    WE WILL SEE YOU ON YOUR SOLO TOUR AND BACK IN HELENA ON
    BO BICE DAY 2006!!!

MUCH LOVE,
    KATHY – INDIANA

30. Karyn Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 7:30 am

My thoughts and prayers are with Bo, his brother, mom and Grandma Madge during this difficult time. I had the pleasure of seeing Bo in Phoenix last week, and it was one of the highlights of my life. I wish I could give all of you a big hug. I will be thinking positive thoughts for all of you!

31. Lizzy Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 7:50 am

A Constantine fan here wishing Bo a very speedy recovery. I saw Bo at the DC concert and he was amazing and he will truly be missed on the AI tour.

32. Kim Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 7:51 am

Please getter better real soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

33. Shannon Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:03 am

Bo, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take all the time you need for a complete recovery as we want you and your music around for many years to come! I will be among the first to purchase your cd and to see you on your solo tour. You have touched so many lives with your amazing talent and outlook on life. In a nutshell, you are one very special young man and, as Paula said on AI, a gift to your many fans! We love you Bo! God bless you!

34. Suzanne Horn Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:04 am

Dear Bo,

I join your millions of fans in wishing you a speedy recovery. Remember, the good Lord never throws more at us that He knows we can handle.

I understand the show is doing some sort of tribute to you now. You’re becoming the stuff of legends. Rest & recover, man. A great future lies ahead of you!

In the meantime, the plans of countless of your fans are with you and your family – including mine.

Suzanne Horn in Los Angeles, California

35. Suzanne Horn Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:05 am

correction: The “prayers” – not plans. LOL

We’ll leave the “plans” up to you.

Suzanne

36. BamaLuvsBo Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:10 am

To Cindy G and tvfan… Do you even realize how IGNORANT you sound making a post like that?

Wishing Bo a speedy recovery from all his Bama fans!

37. BamaLuvsBo Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:14 am

Sorry Cindy G and tvfan….this site is confusing as to who posted what….my comment should have been directed to posters c and chelsea….

38. PMC Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:22 am

Bo: we are with you all the way. Get well soon. Much love.

39. jillhart90 Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:34 am

Bo, best wishes for a speedy recovery to both you and your brother.

40. TJ Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 8:37 am

First, to those who want to try and put Bo down by bringing up the drug issue, STOP!! Let the past be the past and move on. Further more, You do not get intestinal blockages from drug use. True, some stomache problems can be caused by it but not intestinal blockages. I have known one woman who died from her intestines bursting because they didn’t catch it early enough and another woman who has had surgury several times due to bockages and neither of them did or do drugs. Maybe someone needs to do some research before coming on here making silly accusations like that, it only proves the poster to be that much less educated on the subject.

Second…. Speedy Recovery Bo. Take it easy and don’t rush things, you don’t want to hurt yourself further by getting up and about too soon. Looking forward to your CD, happy singing.

41. Lynn Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 9:46 am

We love you in Canada Bo and hope you feel better soon.

42. Heather Bayliff Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 10:24 am

Dear Bo,
    I wish you and your brother speedy recoveries. I saw you at one of the show in late July and you did not look good. I am glad you are getting taken care of. Take care of yourself and hope to see your cd at sometime in the fall.

43. Beatriz Thöny Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 10:27 am

Dearest Bo, you’re much well thought of all over the world. I am one of your millions of fans in ASIA. We’ll be patiently awaiting for you to fully recover, wait for your album, and watch you live, back on stage (hopefully in Singapore too BO). It doesn’t matter if we wait longer because of your recuperation. Enjoy the quiet time you have with your loved ones, esp your Caroline. You, most of all, deserve it. God looks after you dearie!

hugz,

Beatriz

44. Judy Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 10:36 am

Bo, please take care of yourself or better yet allow Caroline, your mom, grandma etc. keep you resting until you heal. You are an inspiration to people around the world. We will all be here to cheer you on when you are up and singing again. My family is praying for your speedy recovery.

My 30 month old granddaughter loves you and your musical talents. She sends her love and prayed at church on Sunday for you and Caroline.

Caroline, my thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself along with Bo. You both are important individuals that have come into our lives.

Mom and Granny, this must be a difficult time for both of you. Know that our prayers and support are with you and your families. I thank you for sharing your son and grandson with our family.

Prayers, blessings, and sincere thoughts to all of you.

Love,
    Judy & Family

45. Sharon Vinson Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 10:50 am

Bo, You are a wonderful human being. You are helping me get through a very difficult period in my life. I am praying for you to have a speedy recovery. I saw you at the Greensboro concert, and my daugter got your autograph there, which she treasures.

God will somehow turn this terrible experience into something good somewhere down the road, because you are one of his.

Sending to you much love and prayers.

46. Sharon Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 12:25 pm

Dear Bo,
    My prayers are with you and your family during this time of need. It’s sad that your fans won’t get to see you perform in the next few weeks but we all understand. I know your health comes first and then we can enjoy you for many years to come. Get well soon. Much love,
    Sharon

47. Dena Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 12:59 pm

Bo, you will make it. You already proved in your past, that you are a very strong and special person, get well soon :o), we love you in Canada. For those with a such malicious comments…it must be very difficult for you to live with yourself….

48. Dena Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 1:02 pm

It was my comment above, my name is Dena not Sharon, what is going on???

49. Dena Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 1:03 pm

Sorry…I see it, mea culpa….

50. Darcy Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 2:26 pm

Bo,
    my thoughts and prayers are with you. I could tell you were losing weight, and I’m glad that you finally identified the problem, and have corrected it.

I wish I could give you a big hug. You are a beautiful person, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Much Love, baby.

-Darcy

51. Gypsy Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 5:00 pm

Bo. Sure hope you get better soon. This won’t keep you down long. We’ll be here waiting patiently. GET WELL SOON!

Much Love

52. Waynell Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 6:33 pm

Get well soon

53. Waynell Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 6:38 pm

Bo,
    I wish you and your brother a speedy recovery. God has sent you & your wonderful talent to us so that we can enjoy a wonderful voice & truly a person who loves the Lord. The Lord is with you & will see you through this. All your fans love you and are praying for you. God speed our wonderful friend.

54. Irish Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 7:54 pm

HEY THERE, BO!
    TAKE IT EASY…DON’T RUSH IT. YOU’VE GOT NO IDEA JUST HOW MANY FANS YOU HAVE OUT HERE. WE’RE IN NO RUSH!
    TAKE CARE AND FEEL BETTER!
    IRISH

55. Vickie Says:
    August 22nd, 2005 at 10:48 pm

Dear BO..
    Thanks so much for coming into all of our lives, Many prayers are heading your way from us in Missouri, Rest and Recoop, We will always be here for you! You’re the BEST !!

~Much Love,
    Vickie

56. Sharon Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 2:40 am

I am a huge fan from Durban South Africa and get my google updates daily. Sorry to hear you are ill. Keep your face to the sun so the shadows fall behind you, let hope give you the inspiration to have strength for tomorrow. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, have a speedy recovery. LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ALBUM!!
    Sharon

57. Audrey Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 3:55 am

I am praying for a speedy recovery for both you and your brother Bo. I am a massive fan and am eagerly awaiting your album. So much anguish for one family. May this be the start of better things for you all.

Best wishes

Audrey – Costa Del Sol

58. clay Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 6:21 am

OK, the first I MUST say I will not talk about Bo but about the complications of the drug abuse. I had a daughter, who had been a serious drug addict. She died one year ago from the complications of chronic drug abuse. She had been chronically obstipated due to drug abuse until she got the blockade of intestine with the paralytic ileus, which is life threatening condition, the emergancy surgery was to late to save her life. When I heard for Bo and his urgent abdominal surgery and knowing that he’s been drug abuser I knew that he needs all our prayers and God help to get over the surgery and over everything. I assume he’ll be away from the music scene for a long time.

59. Lindsey Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 9:32 am

Hey Bo I just wanna say, get well soon and take it easy. We will all be here waiting for you once you are strong and healthy again. You are such an amazing person that has changed the world and we are all praying for you. Get well soon!

60. Cassie Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 4:49 pm

Dear Bo,
    Hi I hope you feel better soon! I pray for you every night! Im your biggest fan! I got tickets for the American Idol tour at the Pepsi Arena in New York for me and my cousints 13th birthday. I was very happy! But when i found out about your problem i prayed for your health and that you would be ok.I pray for you about 3 hours every day!! I would love for you to go but i wish your health to be good more! Best of luck and may god be with u.

Love #1 fan Cassie Gentile, Saugerties, NY

61. Genie Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 9:40 pm

“tv fan,”
    You’d be advised to choose your words more carefully, if the truth matters to you. Your ex notwithstanding, it’s hardly the case that “normally … it [a gastrointestinal problem] happens because of drugs.

(My brother’s neighbors’ 4-year-old died from an intestinal blockage that the hospital misdiagnosed as a stomach ache or flu or something. Wanna blame that one on “drug use,” too?

I can’t help wondering if those of you who are so eager to label Bo a “druggie” or “addict” or “someone with a history of drug problems” apply the same logic to those who drink alcohol. Do you call everyone who drinks an “alcoholic” or “someone with a history of substance abuse?”

Leaving that negative garbage behind, I never cease to be amazed at Bo’s strength, courage, and dedication to his craft and his fans. That’s one of the things we love about ya, Bo — but please don’t overdo it!

I have tickets for the AI show in Portland tomorrow night, and naturally, I’m very disappointed that the star of the show, the reason I bought a ticket, won’t be there. But don’t you dare try to return to the tour or any other performing till the docs give you a clean bill of health! Take care o’ your bad self and get yourself healthy so we can enjoy your music for many decades to come and you can have a long, happy life with your love and your family!

Prayers coming your way, Bo, for you and your brother.

Genie

Genie

62. Genie Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 9:48 pm

Audrey, where are you getting the ‘info’ that Bo is or was a “drug abuser?” He was arrested for having about 1/4 gram of cocaine in his jacket pocket 4 years ago. (Case initially dismissed, considered for reopening when he was arrested for being “intoxicated” 2 years later, and subsequently totally dropped.) His 2003 arrest was for “public intoxication” (probably beer), possession of 2 marijuana joints, and possession of “drug paraphernalia.” All charges were eventually dropped, with no jail time or major fines.

Since when does that constitute being a “drug abuser?”

Bo’s friends and family and other members of SugarMoney say he has never been a heavy or problem drug user. What’s your basis for claiming he was.

Maybe most serious drug users have gastrointestinal problems. I don’t know. But it does not follow that most people with G-I problems are drug abusers.

BTW, Bo’s “Granny Madge” says Bo has “had ulcers all his life.”

Genie

63. Genie Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 9:59 pm

Oops! Sorry, TVFan, my last post was in response to something posted by Chelsea, not you!

I, too, find the format here confusing as to who posted what!

Genie

64. Genie Says:
    August 23rd, 2005 at 10:06 pm

Apologies also to Audrey. It was “clay,” not you, who alleged that Bo was a “drug abuser,” as though that were common knowledge, truth.

To repeat, the fact that a drug is illegal does not make a user of that drug an “abuser” or “addict” any more than having an occasional beer or glass of wine makes one an “alcoholic” or someone who takes oxycontin or percodan as prescribed by a doctor for a medical condition a “drug abuser.”

65. Heather Says:
    August 24th, 2005 at 9:12 am

Bo,
    Please take care of yourself and don’t worry abut disappointing your fans we will all be here when yBo,
    Please take care of yourself. Don’t woBo,
    Please take care of yourself. Don’t worry about disappointing your fans we will all be here when you get healthy.

66. Anonymous Says:
    August 24th, 2005 at 10:25 am

Hope you are feeling better Bo, all your fans in New Hampshire felt aweful when you broke your foot on stage. God Speed

67. Deb Says:
    August 24th, 2005 at 10:29 am

Bo, we are sorry that you have been ill, we send all of our prayers. We were at the new hampshire concert and hope you will not hold onto bad memories of New Hampshire. God Speed to you , we will be waiting for you to tour with sugar money or by yourself. You are very talented and a pleasure to listen to. Deb

68. Deb & Marty Says:
    August 24th, 2005 at 10:32 am

Bo hope you and your brother are feeling better, our prayers go to you and your family

69. Salem Says:
    August 24th, 2005 at 10:59 am

Get well soon Bo.
    The most important thing is to take care of you, Get plenty of rest and do whatever the doctors tell you to do. Don’t worry about pleasing anyone else and don’t think for one minute that you are letting anyone down; you are not!!! Your true fans will be with you forever, And all that is important right now is that you take the time to heal and get well.
    I just want to say to Bo’s mom that my thoughts and prayers are with you and I also want to extend my get well wishes to Bo’s brother. I heard somewhere else that he was treated and released so I am a little confused about his condtion, but either way; my thoughts & prayers are with you as well & although this is a little off topic I want to extend my gradtuide to you for serving our country. Know that I and so many others are praying for both you as well as Bo.
    I have been out of the loop for awhile and only read about all of this yesterday. I still am a little bit bowled over, but I am confident that Bo, as well as his brother well both be fine. I have faith that God will pull them through this!!!
    I will be holding you all up in my prayers and I am so sorry that this is happening to you, but hang in there and know that you have many who love you and support you. The most important thing is that they (the hospital) caught this in time.
    We all love you Bo, hang in there okay! That goes for Bo’s brother and his mom as well.
    Take care & God Bless.

70. Annie Says:
    August 24th, 2005 at 6:01 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with Bo, that he makes a complete recovery and is able to get back to doing what he was born to do – be an awesome entertainer, singer and songwriter. Bo, you have so many dedicated fans who will wait for as long as it takes to hear your album and see you in concert on your solo tour. God bless.

71. chrissy Says:
    August 24th, 2005 at 8:55 pm

Dearest Bo, get well soon!! you gave all of us a HUGE scare! i know this must be a difficult time for you, but you are in our prayers every night, the good Lord will bring you through this. God Bless You!

72. Penny Purser Says:
    August 25th, 2005 at 10:56 pm

BO,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Get Well soon.

73. Julie Says:
    August 26th, 2005 at 8:45 am

Bo,
    I just heard yesterday about you having to have surgery and was very concerned. Knowing you recently broke your foot on tour and now this is alot for one person to go through. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and do not rush to get back to performing. Your fans and you know you have many who love you want you to be fully recovered and well. We will wait because we care about you. I am looking forward to your solo album and seeing you on tour but more important right now is that you take care of yourself and allow your body to heal. You are a gifted singer and my 15 year old son and I love your voice. I know God will heal you and make you strong again.

I do have to make a comment on these accusations people are making that Bo’s health problems are drug related. You are not fans of Bo and if you were you wouldn’t be on here making the comments you are making. Everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect. And now is not the time to be judging and saying Bo is a drug addict. Sometimes I think people prejudge. They see a guy with long hair and he’s a rocker and already in their minds he’s a druggie and they know nothing about the person. And if they read he did get arrested and it had to do with drugs then in their minds they feel they were right and that person is a drug addict. I just want to say to those people, Let the person without sin cast the first stone.

And to Bo and his family please take care. I love ya Bo and looking forward to hearing and seeing you in the future. God Bless your whole family.

Julie

74. Your Fans in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida Says:
    August 28th, 2005 at 11:06 am

Bo: S. Florida also wishes you and your brother speedy recoveries. Take time to recuperate. The fans will still be here upon your return!!

Peace and Love!

Your fans in Sunny Isles

75. Lisa Says:
    August 31st, 2005 at 12:45 am

Bo, My prays and best wishes are with you and you getting better soon. Your fans love you do dearly and will wait till it is your time to return. So please stay strong and always remember your fans are behind you forever. All my love and great big hugs.
    Your # 1 fan in Bama,
    Lisa

76. Zebrality.com Says:
    September 2nd, 2005 at 12:46 pm

American Idol Finalist Bo Bice In Hospital

American Idol Finalist Bo Bice In Hospital

77. Kitty Shaw Says:
    September 13th, 2005 at 1:11 am

I missed you at the portland show I cryed when i found out you would not be there, thats why I bought the tickets, I’m a nurse here in Portland and we do many intestinal surgery’s and i know people can get blockages for many reason’s! I hope you recovery well and I can’t wait to see you in concert, I hope you will come to portland when you tour. Just one of your fans. Kitty

78. Bridget &Sheila Says:
    November 9th, 2006 at 11:26 pm

Dear Bo;
    We wish you a speedy recovery to good health. We need your singing. You are in our thoughts and prayers.We always voted for you on American Idol, and we’d vote for you again, and we’re voting for you now to get back on stage!
    sincerely,Massachusetts listeners Sheila&Bridget McLaughlin