Joy Mangano Is A Judge On Made In The USA

September 09, 2005 11:02 PM by Joe Blackmon

Joy Mangano serves as one of three resident judges on the new USA Network original reality/competiton series “Made in the USA,” which premieres Wednesday, September 14, 2005 at 10:00 PM ET/PT.

Mangano is chiefly responsible for the phenomenal sales success of HSN’s domestic and international consumer products including The Miracle Mop, The Rolykit, The Jewel Kit, The Piatto Bakery Box, Huggable Hangers, Handy Hook Mirror, Flexassage, My Little Steamer and the Clothes it All Luggage system.  Along with successful sales in catalog and retail, she has been selling through live appearances on domestic television since 1992, and also in Europe.

Mangano’s success as an on-air personality has been legendary, selling millions and millions of her famed Miracle Mops, and over 60 million Huggable Hangers!  Joy’s live appearances on HSN continue to make history with hourly sales consistently totaling over a million dollars.  In addition, she has sold hundreds of millions of products over the last 15 years.  She has been inventing and designing products since the age of 16.

Mangano is the president and founder of Ingenious Designs LLC (IDL).  Since IDL’s inception in 1992, she has been in charge of all corporate operations, product development and design, manufacturing, marketing and distribution, creating, in the process, a multimillion-dollar success story.  In 1999, IDL was acquired by Barry Diller’s InterActiveCorp. (formerly USA Networks, Inc.), a diversified media and electronic commerce company.  Now a wholly-owned subsidiary of HSN, IDL is its fastest growing business.

Mangano has appeared in short-form commercials and infomercials for many of her company’s products throughout the world and is in the process of filming several new direct response commercials and infomercials.  Joy was the winner for 1995′s NIMA Award for “Best Short-Form Commercial” with her Miracle Mop.  In June 1997, Mangano was honored as Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year in New York.

Most recently featured on “The CBS Evening News with Dan Rather” and “CBS Sunday Morning,” Mangano has also been profiled in People, Entrepreneur and other print media throughout the world including annual issues of Good Housekeeping.  Her story and entrepreneurial achievements were the focus of an episode of the Lifetime Channel series called “New Attitudes.”  She has also been featured on CNBC and CNNfn.

Topics: Made in the USA |

17 Responses to “Joy Mangano Is A Judge On Made In The USA”

1. Anonymous Says:
    September 10th, 2005 at 11:42 am

test

2. Connie Holzwarth Says:
    January 20th, 2006 at 3:38 pm

Hello, I invented a wonderful product that I feel will have great success. I need an investor to help me produce and market it. Joy, please help me.
    Sincerely,
    Connie Holzwarth

3. Joe Says:
    April 3rd, 2006 at 2:33 pm

To: Joy Mangano
    I am Not An Inventor BUT I Have The Idea For All On This Earth, Please Read
    Let Me Tell You A Little About Me,I am 64 years old, An Auto mechanic for 46 years, but I am retired now

I have The idea That Will Save Life’s, And Don’t Know Where To Go With It.

I Feel It Has To Be Made A must On Every Auto Made On This Earth, and has to be passed by congress I think, Like The 3rd Brake light, And Just Think How Many aftermarket 3rd brake lights was sold since it was passed by congress and the Nat, safety counsel, That all cars made after 1986 the 3rd brake light must be incorporated in the cars, That was A Big Big Safety Feature And It Worked.

I believe (though not 100% sure) it’s a federal law for all cars manufactured after a certain (I want to say 1986) model year to have the 3rd brake light working.

I like the 3rd light, ’cause I can see it 2 or 3 cars in front of me, and I can tell if your brakes are on, or if it’s just headlights.

My Invention/Idea Is The same kind of thing, it will save life’s, it will give a driver an idea what others are doing at a glance, In all 4 directions right side,left side, front, and in back of you.

Today most of all accidents are uncalled for if you only had a chance to know what others are doing, And With my Invention/Idea, It Will Give You That Split Second Chance To Make A Move To A Safe Move To Avoid An Accident , I am that positive.

I have had this in my head for about 15 years now, but don’t know where to go with it, because it need a vote by Congress to get it passed and order the auto makers to install it on ALL cars trucks, busses, motorcycles, And even heavy construction equipment, Like The 3rd Brake Light.

I Know how it operates and where it has to be hooked up.

I trust That Someone Will Read This And Say “Hum” I wonder what it could be, Well For That You Can E-Mail Me If You Want,

My Invention/Idea Will Fly If You Can Get Congress To Pass it As An Order For All Auto Makers.

I am 100% Sure All The Auto Insurance Companies Will Endorse It

But I Can’t Do anything with it, And I think Someone can

So Lets Make BIG BIG MONEY OK Like Microsoft Did, I feel If You Can Do Something With It We Can Get Very Rich Very Fast

Joy Mangano If You Read This E-Mail And Are Interested in it E-Mail Me Back And I will Give You My Phone Number or You Can Give Me Yours So I Can Tell You What It Is, But Only On The Honor System, I Will Trust You With It Joy, Or You Can Tell Me Who To Contact About It.

Joe
    Jjvjjv@aol.com

4. Phyllis S. Dahl Says:
    April 11th, 2006 at 6:18 pm

Hi Joy,

I was chosen by Invent Now America in 2004 as a finalist. I was selected as “One of the 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi” in 2005. I have two patents and one patent pending for my three products. Prototypes were made at the Polymer Institute on Campus…The University of Southern Mississippi. I formed a company called “Snap & Go Products, Inc. All I need now is for you to look at my products. I have a brochure and business card and will send them to you by email or U.S. mail. My products are called EZ Bottle Waist Tote…to carry that water bottle while walking. EZ Bottle Strap Tote to carry those cumbersome 2 liter drinks…it carries two at a time & leaves you hands free to carry that casserole into church or just opening your door bringing them inside your home after grocery shopping. EZ Bottle Handle Tote carries 2 liter drinks as well. I did not get to see you on 20/20; I heard the piece was great.
    These products came to me in a nocturnal dream of snaps and straps and I know one day I will be on Home Shopping Network right beside you.
    Sincerely,
    Phyllis S. Dahl
    High School Teacher

5. dean Says:
    May 4th, 2006 at 6:47 am

Hi Joy,

Just saw your segment on 20/20 here in New Zealand. Choice interview!

In short as son growing up and father/husband I have observed and participated on endless occasions -hanging out the laundary to dry.

I’ve created a hassel free easy to use (sounds cliche!) load and go system to take clothes from the wash machine to the clothesline and back. The aim is to reduce the amount of effort required to load the clothes from the machine to the basket, carrying the clothes basket(our loads are never light)trying to find and pick up the pegs (usually found in pieces after the lawn mower has been though)for hanging while trying to find a place to put the dry clothes. I believe this provides a number of solutions to problems associated with doing the washing (laundary) and suitable all across all ages.

I would really appreciate an email so that I can forward concept in further detail for your consideration.

6. Cathy Sing Says:
    July 6th, 2006 at 10:24 am

Hi Joy, I have been cleaning big beautiful beach homes for a long time! I have an idea that will save our knees! Although it is a very simplictic idea, it will be used in every household along with the magic mop, swifter and the magic eraser.
    Joy, please help me to take the right steps to get my product to market, so I can hire a cleaning service!! Cathy Sing

7. Carmen George Says:
    July 6th, 2006 at 4:26 pm

Joy:
    I have an invention idea I would like to share with you, I do not know where to turn for help could you guide me? Thanks

8. Barb Says:
    September 27th, 2006 at 5:51 pm

I have a great idea for women and would love to have a way to contact Joy, just trying the message board out to see if it goes anywhere.

9. Carol Says:
    October 8th, 2006 at 9:32 pm

I have an idea for an item to help with ladies flying in an airplane. Can you contact me through email first and then I will give you a phone number. I believe this may do well. Looking forward to hearing back from you shortly. Love your pocketbooks, huggable hangers and other items.
    I enjoyed being a wife, and Mother, more than anything else in the world. Looking for my “nitch” as I get older.

Thanks Joy, keep up the great inventions.

Regards-

Carol

10. JOY MANGANO Says:
    December 28th, 2006 at 9:31 pm

Dear Joy,
    My husband has invented a two-in-one tool that will make jobs much easier. We already have a patent on it and have presented it to tool companies. Everyone we show it to is impressed. We just don’t know what the next step is and how to get it marketed. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Lisa

11. steve rafalli Says:
    February 4th, 2007 at 5:34 pm

dear joy: have used the miracle mops for many years,now they are no longer available. i need to get a few more. can you advise where to order them from? desparate in delaware…. thanks steve rafalli 3023.78.6388

12. Jim Sidoti Says:
    May 31st, 2007 at 4:08 pm

Hello Ms. Mangano, Your stories of inventing and what you went through during those periods with life itself are very inspiring to me as I have followed your progress for some time. After watching my wife doing a certain task in the home, and after throwing my idea at her on how it could be performed easier and with fun, we both lit up with excitement! I immediately thought that you should be the recipient of this wonderful idea as it goes with everything that you have already marketed. I am open to anything that you have to offer and will travel anywhere to meet you to discuss with respect to your busy schedule. Hope to hear from you.
    Sincerely, Jim Sidoti jsidoti@kertelweb.com

13. Nancy Allard Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 5:01 pm

Dear Joy,
    Like everyone who has posted on this site for help, I too feel I have a very useful idea, (product) but have no idea who to trust, or where to go for a prototype, or how to keep the idea from being taken if I research prototype, patent etc. It’s so frustrating to have a great idea and not know where to go with it. I think you’d make a fortune if you wrote a book on how you approached it from the very beginning, including what works, what didn’t and what to beware of. There is no reference to that, especially none on how to find someone to help you refine the design, and create a prototype.
    Anyway, I could use some help, much like those before me. I hope you can help in my quest to take a great idea to reality.
    Thanks
    Nancy Allard

14. nellow Says:
    November 4th, 2007 at 4:05 am

To: Joy Mangano
    I have an idea for an invention that i think would really make some money. I personally think none of these ideas sound better than my idea. I am not a inventor and i know nothing about the business, but there is no boubt in my mind that if the right person hears me out, that they will invest. I promise that this will 100% save hundreds of lives from being killed by crazy people. I also know that this will have to be passed by the congress, but i guarantee it will. If interested you can email me at nellowb@yahoo.com

15. joy Says:
    November 4th, 2007 at 9:31 pm

Joy – oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. What a great vocabulary. Why don’t you just STFU when you’re on tv? You sell the cheapest crap and rip people off. Can’t believe ANYBODY buys your CRAP.

16. blopesz Says:
    December 18th, 2007 at 1:03 pm

I am a single mom who is struggling. I have a really great invention for single moms, or just everday moms, that would help make life a little easier. I am new at this and have no idea on how to get started and going. Will you help and direct me on the right path.
    Sincerely, Lopesz

17. MICHAEL Says:
    June 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I AM WRITING YOU WITH TREMENDOUS HOPES AND DREAMS THAT I KNOW YOU WILL AGREE COULD MAKE A VERY SUCCESSFUL VENTURE. TO GET RIGHT TO THE POINT I AM A 38 YEAR OLD GAY MALE……ONE OF YOUR BEST GAYS EVER!.. ;0)
    MY IDEA IS A COMPANY CALLED “GUNMETAL COSMETICS” FOR MEN. I HAVE SPENT YEARS USING “WOMEN’S” MAKE-UP. FOUNDATION FOR PIMPLES, RAZOR BURN, RAZOR BUMPS ETC. BRONZERS FOR THAT PICTURE THAT YOU WANT TO TAKE AND HAVE A LITTLE DARKER LOOK TO YOUR SKINTONE.
    I SEE BEAUTIFUL BLACK SLEEK LINE PACKAGING…..”GUNMETAL” PUTTING GAY MEN ASIDE, WHAT MAN THAT GETS THAT ONE PIMPLE THE DAY BEFORE HIS WEDDING WOULD NOT WANT A PRODUCT LIKE THIS???????? BETHANNY THIS CAN MAKE BOTH OF US VERY VERY RICH. I HAVE AN ATTORNEY BUT I HAVE A FEELING YOU HAVE THE MEANS TO MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN QUICKER THAN ANYONE ELSE….I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A HUGE FOLLOWER OF YOURS…PLEASE, PLEASE CONTACT ME HONEY……..I PROMISE YOU THIS WILL BE HUGE….I CAN ALREADY PICTURE THE DISPLAY IN SEPHORA!

SINCERELY,
    MICHAEL BOCCANFUSO
    631-835-2160 CELL
    631-225-1541 HOUSE
    I ALSO HAVE A PATENT ATTORNEY…PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP..WERE PRACTICALLY NEIGHBORS..I LIVE SI THE ST J AREA TO ON THE ISLAND

Comments