Breaking Bonaduce – Watching A Car Crash

September 11, 2005 11:31 PM by Joe Blackmon

Danny_bonaduceDanny Bonaduce describes his life by saying “I’m a car crash, and you have every right to slow down and watch the car crash.”  The first major thing we learn about Danny Bonaduce is that he married his wife on the first night he met her.  The second major thing we learn about Danny Bonaduce is that he recently had an affair.

Danny’s description of his life as a car wreck is perfectly accurate, and he brings the cameras along to watch.  The cameras even follow him into his therapist’s office to film Danny’s wife expressing that she is more evolved and has better things to do than sex while Danny feels he’s a sex addict.  During one therapy session, Danny breaks down in tears and says he teaches his kids not to be like him.

Danny also struggles over a Vegas trip that his wife refuses to go on with him.  In Vegas, Danny attends some wild parties, but he realizes that he needs to remove himself from the situation.  Danny rents a car and drives through the night to get home to his wife.  In this episode, Danny makes a breakthrough, but previews of future episodes show his behavior is about to spin out of control.  Reality Blurred recently reported on an article in the New York Times that reveals Danny winds up using steroids and also tries to commit suicide.

This reality TV show will likely create debate over at what point should producers on a reality TV show stop filming.  According to the New York Times article, the cameras had been asked to leave so they were not around for the actual suicide attempt, but they did film all the incidents and self destructive behavior leading up to it.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Breaking Bonaduce news.  For other great Breaking Bonaduce news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Breaking Bonaduce.

Topics: Breaking Bonaduce |

30 Responses to “Breaking Bonaduce – Watching A Car Crash”

1. Lyle Alzado Says:
    September 12th, 2005 at 11:10 pm

Danny,.. Danny,.. Danny come see me, you want to. I know you do and the way you are living you will be by my side soon…..

Love,

Lyle Alzado

2. Kevin James Says:
    September 19th, 2005 at 4:46 pm

I can’t wait for episode 3 of, Breaking Bonaduce. He goes balistic on his long time friend, Chris Doohan, the son of James “Scotty” Doohan from Star Trek. It has to do with Danny’s wife and her Band, the Muddflaps. (muddflaps.com) Something wrong has happened, well, maybe not. You’ll have to see for yourself.

3. Prozac Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 4:42 pm

Hey Danny;

What’s up? I’ve missed you. I hear you’re being an ass on national TV. I’m having a barbeque on Saturday; you may want to stop by. I’d love to get in your system while you’re still breathing-I may be able to stop your televised suicide. Or, I may just tune in with the rest of America and watch. Love ya…your ol’ pal Prozac.

4. Anonymous Says:
    September 27th, 2005 at 9:04 am

Danny: As a mother in the USA – and watching you since I’m a kid, I realize what a L_O_S_E_R you were, are, and now always will be.
    I saw you on a talk show last week with your wife….sickening actually – your whole rap.

Too bad…what a waste of a life.

blech……..

5. Concerned Says:
    September 29th, 2005 at 12:17 am

I can’t believe he is so stupid as to show all his dirt to the whole world. If his wife is smart enough to divorce him, hopefully she is smart enough to keep her children away from that sickening behavior. Maybe once he loses all that he has he can see how sickening he really is. He will be lucky to get even supervised visitation with his children.

6. jenna Says:
    September 30th, 2005 at 3:21 pm

Had no clue till watching the show that Danny is such an abusive human being in the family.

Gretchen needs to grow a backbone and stand up for herself and her kids instead of walking on eggs around him so his temper don’t blow.

Disgusting–he ruins her “gig” and she says nothing and just walks away. He don’t care–its his way or the highway. He wants her to take his abuse cause he knows no other women would!

7. Anonymous Says:
    October 1st, 2005 at 10:06 am

listen folks – Danny Bonaduce is lucky to still even be alive….when someone is a Loser for 4 decades plus, well it’s amazing that he’s still alive because obviously he never takes that REALLY GOOD LOOK in the mirror….and THAT is evident!!!

What an awful show with an awful person seemingly starring in it. Don’t waste your time, folks!!
    I see a suicide in the making in Danny Bonaduce, unfortunately.

8. Sam.Di Says:
    October 2nd, 2005 at 9:55 pm

I felt sorry for him during “The Partridge Family”, the ugly, redheaded, obnoxious kid and I feel even more sorry for him now. I saw Danny and Gretchen on “A Baby Story” when they had their son and I thought he’d really turned his life around. Poor thing, that was only for 30 minutes, though. He really, really needs serious help in so many ways. The world does not revolve around Danny.

9. Pam Says:
    October 2nd, 2005 at 10:14 pm

Haven’t you folks been listening? He knows that he has been a jerk. He admits it and is trying to get help. At least he is trying and his wife obviously loves him and just wants him to get better. I am sure that he is not proud of how he looks on this show. Maybe it will help someone else that is watching it. God Bless both of them.

10. YesOhYes Says:
    October 2nd, 2005 at 10:25 pm

It is so funny that you people who are so morally correct keep watching a show that is sickening to you. As well as the person starring in the show, then have the gall to cut him down when you yourself are supporting the show by watching it. haha. I have never in my life heard so many stupid people comment on something and then support the show by watching it.

11. Danny's a LOSER Says:
    October 6th, 2005 at 12:59 pm

Actually, after watching it one time I felt so sick to my stomach I have never watched it again. I just happened to run across this site and wow, how could anyone support this LOSER. Gretchen really must be SO insecure about being on her own if she continues to put up with his BS anymore. I don’t think she loves him she won’t even have sex with him. Whomever would be so stupid to think that their story would be a story that people would want to learn from has a realy warped mind.

12. slayskool Says:
    October 10th, 2005 at 12:05 am

I am still on the fence on whether all this is a HUGE put on. I think it’s brilliant in two ways: If it IS real, then I truly feel I am getting a real look at this reality show. If it’s all a farce, Danny Bonaduce i sby far one of the best actors around. But either way, a Reality Emmy Nominee for sure.

13. Haywood Jablowme Says:
    October 12th, 2005 at 1:31 pm

Suck it … suck it real hard.

14. Anonymous Says:
    October 17th, 2005 at 7:18 pm

bonaduce will never be loked at the same way ever again !

15. Taylor Matthews Says:
    October 20th, 2005 at 1:58 pm

I never knew that I lived amoung so many perfect human beings! In reading all of your comments it saddens me to think that we can love and admire someone when they’re up and on top of the world like he was back in the hey day of T.P.F., but now that he’s human … everyone thinks he’s a loser and a scum bag? How many of you out there have had the courage to face your family and friends and say ” you know what? I’m a mess and I need help!” We all walk around and look down on people because we’re all too scared to take a good look at ourselves. I think Gretchen is a wonderful example of someone who took the vows “for better or for worse in sickness and in health” literally. She has stuck by Danny through what can only be described as pure Hell and they’ll make it through together. I think both of them are going to be OK!!

16. Sigmund Freud Says:
    October 21st, 2005 at 11:06 pm

To borrow a line from a famous movie.

What we have here is a failure to communicate….. But not in the sense of words said but from words understood.

Danny seems to be able to express himself about his problem although he does not ever define the correct problem. His problem is his need to be attached to his circumstances the ones he claims are important. He places alcohol and drugs in the path of his attachment disorder.

What we are really watching is a case of full blown adult RAD. Here is your free diagnosis. The alcohol and drugs are just tools he uses to get a reaction he understands, rejection. What you need to get through is the Bi-polar and the alcohol and drugs and TREAT the RAD. Now this is a tall order and will require someone with the empathy and understanding (not insight). A warmth and authenticity that Danny respects. This will be non-threatening, non-judgmental, yet this will not be enough. It will require more; someone strong enough to hold Danny’s grief; while that someone holds his grief; Danny will be free to work through his decades old problem of attachment.

One more point – FIRE Dr. Garry Corgiat! He is incompetent ill-informed and better suited a 900 psychic hot line and NOT taking care of people with the level of reality sobriety psychological disorder as Danny.

Sigmund Freud

17. Car Magazin Says:
    October 26th, 2005 at 9:52 pm

I think Danny Bonaduce drink too much…

18. johna Says:
    November 2nd, 2005 at 2:08 pm

This show drives me nuts. In raw and simple terms Danny is an a–hole and he may be the first to admit it.

I enjoyed the first few shows but as I continued to watch it became very evident that Bonaduce is as far over the edge as he can get without falling off. His behavior is atrocious. Any woman who would remain with an idiot like that is either a saint or a masochist. Gretchen deserves much better.

I missed the last show but you know what? It doesn’t make any difference. Each episode has become another nail in his coffin with Gretchen in tears. Why bother to watch?

This may all have a happy ending but how long will it last? Danny has too many demons to conquer. I for one don’t think he can do it.

19. angie Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 11:34 am

i like to watch the show, but i was surprised to find out how messed up danny is. i dont think gretchen will stay with him much longer.

20. Anonymous Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 9:20 am

to all the self-righteous posters attacking the ones who dislike Bonaduce intensely – it’s a bulletin board and are you the bulletin board monitors? *LOL*

Danny Bonaduce doesn’t want any REAL help or else he’d get real help and not via reality TV bogus shows.

21. penis enlargement Says:
    November 26th, 2005 at 7:22 pm

Three phrases should be among the most common in our daily usage. They are: Thank you, I am grateful and I appreciate.

22. Blackfire Bonaduce Says:
    December 5th, 2005 at 12:55 am

My husband is a very loving man and would never hurt anyone, he is very insecure about himself so leave him ALONE!p.s. go suck your self like you do I’M SURE YOU DO.

23. Diane Lafontaine Says:
    October 21st, 2006 at 12:31 pm

I just saw Breaking Bonaduce today, Oct 21/06.
    All I can say, is that Danny needs to realize that he is NOT what he does. He is unique and precious, whether he believes it or not. The truth is still the truth. I hear he found God. He will find, if he follows Him, Danny will learn to love himself, as he is loved.
    I hope he reads this message.
    All the best to you Danny. Diane L. Ontario, Canada

24. Sandy Says:
    November 11th, 2006 at 1:00 pm

It’s obvious that Danny has problems. But that Gretchen is a despicable person. It’s pathetic how greedy she is. She’s there to TAKE and appear to be the one who’s not screwed up, but she’s more screwed up than he is because she’s CONSCIOUS of her actions. She should just get a divorce and fade into obscurity where she belongs. At least HE has a personality. What is she? Someone who hangs out at day spas getting a manicure and appears on this reality show to get attention and make people feel sorry for her. She enables him to get worse, which is not fair. She keeps him stringing along and is just not good for him at all.

25. Anonymous Says:
    November 20th, 2006 at 12:09 am

My God, People are so cruel.

These are flesh and blood human beings…with precious children. I really hope that this works out for them and that they all will have peace and happiness the remainder of the time on this planet.

26. motorcycle values kelly blue book Says:
    August 12th, 2007 at 3:37 pm

Cheating Is, is not Unacceptable!

27. pass Says:
    September 22nd, 2007 at 1:42 am

My mind is like a bunch of nothing. I’ve just been letting everything wash over me lately. Oh well. Such is life.

28. kent Says:
    September 24th, 2007 at 5:56 am

I just don’t have much to say right now, but I guess it doesn’t bother me. Basically nothing seems worth thinking about. Nothing notable happening these days. Shrug. Not that it matters. My mind is like a void. I’ve basically been doing nothing , not that it matters. More or less nothing going on. I guess it doesn’t bother me. Not much on my mind.

29. Sandra Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 4:56 am

30. John Says:
    October 4th, 2007 at 10:08 am

My life’s been bland. I’ve basically been doing nothing to speak of, but what can I say? Not that it matters. Eh. Such is life.

Comments