Made In The USA Premieres

September 13, 2005 11:02 PM by Joe Blackmon

USA Network presents a new, groundbreaking reality show, MADE IN THE USA, where America’s undiscovered inventors and entrepreneurs will compete for an unparalleled chance of a lifetime to sell their invention on Home Shopping Network (HSN).  MADE IN THE USA, a six-episode, hour-long reality/competition series, premieres on Wednesday, September 14 at 10pm ET/PT on USA Network.

Contestants will participate in competitions, facing real-life challenges that inventors deal with in getting their product out to the public.  Contestants and viewers alike will also get an exclusive behind the scenes look at the HSN empire and the creative and talented HSN employees that facilitate this dream.  Each week, products and inventors will be eliminated until the ultimate payoff when one lucky inventor team wins a contract with HSN.

MADE IN THE USA is hosted by Todd Newton (E!’s “Coming Attractions,” “Talk Soup,” “E! NewsLive”). Newton is joined by a cast of eclectic characters who will preside over the competition and judge what invention the viewers will ultimately choose for the opportunity to sell on HSN.

The judges for MADE IN THE USA offer vastly different aspects to evaluating each invention for specific selling points. Joy Mangano, multimillionaire inventor of “The Miracle Mop,” epitomizes what this show is about: she is the American dream-come-true after having started with nothing but an insatiable entrepreneurial appetite and an inventive spirit that led to her successful inventions. Nolan Bushnell, otherwise known as the "Father of the Video Game Industry," is best known for inventing "Pong" as well as founding two billion-dollar franchises, the Atari Corporation and the Chuck E. Cheese restaurant chain.  Karim Rashid is an industrial design expert and trendsetter who, having designed for Umbro, Prada and Artemide, offers a perspective on consumers’ obsession with aesthetic value – style, design, packaging, color and logos.

MADE IN THE USA also will feature guest experts rocket scientist Lonnie Johnson (inventor of the Supersoaker), the flamboyant and opinionated Robert Verdi (host of E! television’s “Fashion Police”), PR guru Rachel McCallister and music legend Patti LaBelle.  The experts are on hand to lend insight into what it takes to launch a successful product, offer style critiques to contestants and explain the role it plays in creating a lasting first impression, teach the importance of “image making” in pushing a brand and how to infuse personality into the selling equation.

MADE IN THE USA is created and executive produced by Ken Mok (UPN’s “America’s Next Top Model”).

Topics: Made in the USA |

10 Responses to “Made In The USA Premieres”

1. Kristine Mead Says:
    September 14th, 2005 at 6:10 am

I would like information on how to get in touch with the producers of Made in the USA. I have an invention that i would like them to consider for their show. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Julie Campbell Says:
    September 14th, 2005 at 2:14 pm

I took “Woman Inventor of the Year” in 1996 at the INPEX Show in Pittsburgh, PA for the invention of the microwavable heating pad. Since then I have teamed up with Alden Forbes(Forbes family)and invented five more products. I would love to present my products on your new show, Made in America.

3. Julie Campbell Says:
    September 14th, 2005 at 2:18 pm

I took “Woman Inventor of the Year” in 1996 at the INPEX Show in Pittsburgh, PA for the invention of the microwavable heating pad. Since then I have teamed up with Alden Forbes(Forbes family)and invented five more products. I would love to present my products on your new show, Made in the USA.

4. Debra Bear Says:
    September 18th, 2005 at 3:43 pm

I would like to know how to get in touch with the “Made In The USA” producers to be considered for my invention. Thank You, Debra Bear

5. Loren G. Brown, Jr. Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 4:36 pm

My brother and I have a wonderful
    invention desined to aide seniors and
    handicapped people.
    We would love to put one of them on Made in the USA reality TV show.

6. Loren G. Brown, Jr. Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 4:37 pm

My brother and I have a wonderful
    invention desined to aide seniors and
    handicapped people.
    We would love to put one of them on Made in the USA reality TV show.

7. linda buckley Says:
    September 29th, 2005 at 5:21 pm

i have a greatidea for men and women,for the over 40 population or disabled.has to do with excercise

8. linda buckley Says:
    September 29th, 2005 at 5:23 pm

i have a great idea for people who love to keep fit with weights,but cannot do so

9. Lynn Allen Says:
    December 3rd, 2005 at 3:03 pm

I have a two patents on our product and a shelf ready model….Are planning to do this show on inventing again? Thanks.

10. Robert G. Erhart Says:
    March 18th, 2006 at 7:37 pm

What about this… The Internet Dog Feeder….

See the dog get a dog treat on three webcams….

Cheap device only cost me about $150 to make it.

Comments