Rock Star: INXS Winner Is Controversial J.D. Fortune

September 21, 2005 12:09 AM by Joe Blackmon

Jd_collapsesIn the beginning, we didn’t think too much of J.D. Fortune.  We compared his dancing style to “the Seinfield episode with Elaine doing her horrible little dance with the kicks and the thumbs up.”  We accused J.D. of copping an attitude when he told INXS in regards to the other singers, “while they’re learning the INXS songs, I know them because I love them.”  After a lackluster performance of “Suspicious Minds,” we even asked “Is it time for J.D. Fortune to go?

But somewhere along the way, J.D. Fortune grew on us.  Maybe, it was because he was the first one to treat the show like the competition it was.  Maybe, it was because his rebellious antics started to amuse us.  From wearing an obscene t-shirt to kissing Dave Navarro to starting a food fight, J.D. Fortune livened up the show.

Another big reason that J.D. Fortune grew on us is that he quite simply became a better performer during the course of the show.  The J.D. Fortune that electrified the crowd with his rocking original song “Pretty Vegas” was a far cry from the nervous guy with the awkward dance that started the show.  Watching J.D. grow during the course of the show made us start rooting for him to succeed.

However, the main reason we wound up liking J.D. Fortune was never more evident than it was in the Rock Star: INXS finale.  At the beginning of the show, Dave Navarro asked J.D. if he thought of driving his new Honda Civic into the pool, and J.D. replied “I did, but then I thought where am I going to live if this doesn’t work out.”  All three performers did great during their individual performances, but there was something in J.D.’s eyes that said he wanted it more.  You could see J.D.’s heart pounding after INXS eliminated MiG and put Marty and J.D. into the final two.

On stage performing with INXS, both Marty’s performance of “Don’t Change” and J.D.’s performance of “What You Need” were incredible, but J.D. worked hard to spotlight the band during his performance.  As Marty and Mig stood on stage awaiting INXS’ decision, J.D. was sweating bullets.  Watching J.D. collapse on the stage after INXS selected him for their band showed just how much he really wanted it.  We couldn’t help feeling good about seeing a guy go from living in his car to fronting one of the most famous rock bands in the world.  It was also good to see INXS invite Marty Casey to possibly be an opening act for their world tour, because Marty will undoubtedly go on to a very successful career in his own right.  Rock Star: INXS gave us one of those rare real life happy endings.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for ROCK STAR: INXS news.  For other great Rock Star: INXS news, please also check out SirLinksALot: ROCK STAR: INXS.

Topics: Rock Star: INXS |

125 Responses to “Rock Star: INXS Winner Is Controversial J.D. Fortune”

1. Jazzy Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 1:05 am

A story book ending that will end in buku bucks for all concerned.

If nothing else, The Lovehammers must be breathing a little easier tonight. :)

2. Maureen Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 2:13 am

You should make JD change his cheezy name to JD Something-else, for instance, his real name.

3. Amy Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 3:06 am

JD is a good choice but INXS didn’t give Mig enough credit. He was never in the bottom three until last week. He should have made the final two and let the fans see him perform with INXS.

4. Diane Henderson Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 5:19 am

I think they picked the right singer. I am so glad to see finally someone got what they desrved. and JD deserved it. finally someone who had nothing and took a chance. you go JD we love you.

5. Hanson Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 6:24 am

I dont think that JD should win because Mig did not get into the bottom 3 until last week any way it is not my band it’s INXS’S band and i wish good luck to all the poeple who took part for this contest PEACE OUT

6. C Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 6:26 am

Why was the process of viewer voting ever included in Rock Star INXS? The band members had the ultimate say in who would lead the band — and rightly so. But why didn’t they just market the show as a behind-the-scenes, on-camera, elaborate audition instead of roping the public into thinking their opinions counted? JD was NOT the most popular choice according to viewer feedback — he wasn’t even the second most popular choice — and that didn’t matter to INXS. Let’s see if it matters to them when CD sales numbers start to come in.

7. Sean Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 7:06 am

I think the right choice was made. JD worked the crowd and band members whereas Marty didn’t he looked more like a solo act. I also believe that it should have been Mig and JD for the INXS song Mig also worked spotlighted the band (a bit) and the crowd I guess he didn’t have an origional song that they could use. If they picked Marty they would have had to go in the direction he wanted and his song would have been the stepping stone for it. I never liked Marty so much just not my type of music screaming some of the lyrics I like to understand what is being said and when he didn’t tell Mig his true thoughts he really took a dive in my opinion. He kept bad mouthing JD for saying what he thought at least you know the truth. You couldn’t trust JD because he saw it as a competition and wanted to win more than make friends. Marty on the other hand just got someone (Mig) to trust him and then stabbed him in the back. Which would you rather have as a friend? As far as popularity Mig and JD wern’t in the bottom three until after Marty made an apperance I think it was week 7 and then JD and I think it was the last or second last week that Mig’s face showed so looking at it from that perspective Mig should have won the gig. All in all I’m glad that JD won and look forward to see what will come of it I liked his rearrangements of the songs he did as well as the one he did for Suzie so I hope he has some say in what goes into the cd that INXS has put down the track for.

8. Anonymous Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 7:22 am

HA!!!! JD rocked and he won. I think INXS made the best chioce. WAY TO GO JD!!!!!!!!!!!!!You made us fellow Nova Scotians extreemly proud! Marty is awesome too, I hope his career does really well. I’ll buy his CD for sure.

9. Diana Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 7:43 am

I think J.D ROCKS!!! I think INXS made the right decison. I’ll be buying the cd for sure when it comes out.

And JD is sooo hot.

10. Yvonne Inwards Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 7:59 am

Personally I was unhappy with the choice that INXS made tonight. I felt MIG was by far the best performer/musician!!!!!!!
    I hope MIG goes on to bigger and better things!!!!!
    I won’t be buying the CD.

11. Mindy Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 8:01 am

I am so gald JD won!!! He has been my favorite all along. I think he loved the band. He knew all their songs and wanted it more then the others. I think he learned alot about personal relationships while he was there also.. I’m looking forward to his song being recored also. Way to go inexcess for picking the right person for your band.

12. Donna Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 8:19 am

I was rooting for JD the whole time. I think he is a great performer, and will do INXS proud. I didn’t start liking Marty until the last few weeks. So many people in these reality shows forget…this is a competition and JD didn’t do that. He came to win and win he did. Great job JD, I hope to get to see you and INXS live when they start their tour.

13. Lunch36 Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 8:26 am

I never liked INXS, and by picking JD, I can continue to never listen to them ever again. I am very happy Marty can pursue what he wants to do instead of what “creepy guy with mustache” wants.

14. Arlene Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 8:57 am

I just wanted to say that everyone who went to the competition did an excellent job…

Congratulations to JD…he certainly deserved to have the win…you will make Canadians proud…way to go and I will be looking for the CD once it hits stores…

I always love Inxs and I will surely be still listening to it when JD starts singing…

Just wants to make a comment to Donna (up above)…if you have watched this competition closely you would have seen that the person who wanted it more was indeed JD…the other competetors did not take it ‘seriously’ each and every week, just JD…

To all the people who live in Nova Scotia…congratulations to you on your new Rock Star, I am certainly disappointed that I am not from such a wonderful place

Thanks and good luck to the band!

15. Patricia Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 9:34 am

Even when J.D. was doing things that personally I thought offensive I found his persona on stage rivetting. Almost like someone watching a young Mick Jagger performing. I have never bought an INXS cd but I will now.

16. Robert Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 9:37 am

Yeah, JD grew on us.. like a bad fungus. He’s awful.

17. Tammy Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 9:47 am

Congratulations to JD. Huge INXS fan, but won’t be able to go to any of their concerts or buy any of their merchandise or cd’s. Have to save all my money to travel the world watching MiG perform. Best of luck and thank you INXS for bring MiG to our lives.

18. SecretMens.Biz Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 10:08 am

Marty rocks solid. I look forward to his solo release where he doesn’t have to meet anyone halfway.

I felt that if INXS went with Mig they would have been doing the right thing right now. With Marty they would have set their sights on tomorrow. Sadly with JD they are still living in the past.

I think Brian May should scoop up Mig to be the next lead singer of Queen.

The other puzzling notion is that for weeks at the start of this competition, at least here in Australia, they had been promoting it that we in Australia get the final vote. Apparently not.

Due to JD winning the role of lead singer I will not be buying any subsequent INXS releases. If INXS did lie to the Australian public then they would not have just lost a potential purchaser of their next album but also my respect.

19. Johnny Trigger Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 10:19 am

Marty was my favorite… definitely the most *RockStar* of the bunch. In the end it worked out perfectly as JD had the most Hutchence style voice… Did anyone get a glimpse of spiky mohawk Ty amongst the original contestants? I couldn’t help but think he was thinking “they didn’t pick me because my skin pigment was too dark!” He actually did not look like your normally happy Ty. Maybe bitter Ty. Ty was great. But when he pulled the race card out, I lost total respect.

Congrats JD. INXS has always ruled. I’ll give you a chance and buy a CD and see your show when you roll thru San Diego (especially if Marty is the opening act).

20. Sherry Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 10:25 am

I only got into Rock Star:INXS during the last five or six weeks but thoroughly enjoyed it til the end JD you did us Maritimers proud!! Way to go it was awesome to watch you week after week I am addicted to Pretty Vegas can’t wait to here it on CD.

21. Kath Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 10:26 am

They got what they wanted, an impersonator, someone they can guide. I’m happy for JC b/c he clearly needed and wanted this plus he had nothing else to fall back on.
    Not having been a huge fan of INXS, I was relieved that Marty didn’t get picked. He will do much better on his own, doing the kind of music he loves–which I WILL buy. He is incredible and I look forward to what he’ll do next.
    Finally–re his commment about MiG’s final song selection. I sure wouldn’t have told MiG not to do it, b/c if my opinion changed his mind, he took a song he felt less excited about, and then lost, I’d have felt responsible–maybe he’d have done better doing what HE wanted.
    Above all, remember what’s shown is carefully edited on any of these “reality” shows.
    Good luck, Marty! Thanks for a wonderful summer.

22. Laz Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 11:47 am

Marty or Mig were the most popular choices and rightfully so………….either one of them would have been excellent! What a bad choice INXS has made………….I’ll spend my money on the Lovehammers releases, not INXS………..I think they’ll have a tough time selling that Eddie Munster-looking Elvis Impersonator to
    their Australian fan base as well……….poor Michael is rolling in his grave.

23. PC Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 11:48 am

Mig is cheessy. His moves weren’t fluid, and he just looked like a wannabe rock star.

JD was the right choice for this band, if all they wanted was a Mike H psuedo replacement, and Yes man leading the band. Rightfully so, JD seemed out of place with INXS during their last song, maybe he’ll ease into it. I predict JD lasts 1, maybe 2 CD’s and INXS will be over.

Marty was the most talented artist overall. He was the most well rounded, and seems to understand where the industry is going, unlike INXS. U2 does a great job of reinventing themselves, and yet staying true to their voices. I thought Marty could have taken INXS in a similar direction.

24. Anthony Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 12:20 pm

JD and the show were great. Any of the final three would have been great. All in all Marty probably does better with his band and what he has learned as does Mig.

I think this was a great show and am sorry that it did not find it’s place in the ratings.

My kids are excited to see their concert when they come here in 2006.

Music was great over the run as were the arrangements and performances.

25. Gus Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 12:31 pm

OOHHH come on!!! JD was the obvious choice for weeks! I do think that “Sweet Suzie” should have made it to the top 3 instead of MIG. Please…..give me a break, I have no clue why that guy was safe from the bottom three for so long! He clearly didn’t have what it took to lead INXS, maybe Air Supply is more his league! Marty will have a great career too, as a real estate appraiser with a sore throat, if he doesn’t stop that screaming!! BUT JD is the ROCKSTAR!!! And so deserving to be the lead singer for CD’s to come!!!! He has the look, the style, the voice and on stage, his appeal is second to none!! We love you JD, you make us proud to be Canadian!!!!!!!

26. MIKE Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 1:08 pm

Mig is, at best, a bubble gum pop star and an inferior singer to either Marty or JD. But for the Aussie and far east fan base, he would have been knocked out a long time ago. No adult man is going to dig Mig, although teeny bopper girls will. Marty is probably a better all around artist than JD, but JD fits the style of the band the best, even though he is a total ass. Susie was BY FAR the most talented vocalist, but anyone who thought ANY woman had a legit shot at winning the competition is dreaming. If they were going to pick the “best” singer, Susie would have won by a mile. But they were looking for who fits the band’s style the best and by that standard, they made the right selection.

Was anyone else surprised by what a terrific host Dave Navarro was? I was! He was polished and crisp while still being relaxed and down to earth. And he wakes up next to Carmen E. too? Thats one fortunate man indeed!

27. ckal Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 1:15 pm

Way to go JD!! You rock !! You totally deserve to be top dog fronting INXS. I too, recentley starting watching and was instantly hooked. To those of you who felt Marty was the clear choice,give me a break ! He is a Kurt Kobain come lately that has no stage presence at all,and Mig looks like the leprechaun from the frosted lucky charms cereal box with those freak ears! JD had the overall credentials for the job,the look,moves,voice and stage prescence. I will definitely buy their upcoming cd. Way to go JD you make us proud to be Canadian!!!

28. Anonymous Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 1:15 pm

JD is an awesome choice. He’s really blossomed throughout the competition personally and professionally. Marty is great in his own way too – but not a great fit for INXS music. I could see him fronting a more hard rock band. MiG was an enigma the whole way through. His voice was too thin, his moves too frantic…I think he’s def. best left to theatre.

29. Zorro Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 2:01 pm

People seem concerned that JD may not be a nice guy and consequently may be a bad fit for INXS. This may be based on a false premise.

What evidence do we have that INXS are nice guys? We know they look like they are in disguise most of the time (Garry Beers excepted). We know they still think they are rock stars. We know they think the average rock fan will recognise them on the street(!).

JD is easily the most recognisable member of INXS already. lol

Mike Hutchence (RIP) pulled INXS’s chain for many years up until his death. We don’t know what he was like as a person.

We do know that his drug problem and general ‘partying’ hamstrung the band considerably. He was getting flat and blotchy. All this talk about not being able to fill Michael’s shoes is pure nonsense.

MH could not sing half of the songs his ‘replacements’ were asked to do. Period. He was a very one-tone singer with limited range.

However he looked good and the girlies liked him.

Whoever was gonna be selected would have had to be an improvement upon that don’t you think?

Well done JD. Well done to all the contestants who will all do well in their chosen careers – except Ty. Who would want to work with a whining blubbering wuss with a mighty chip? Talented he may be, but his manipulations were far worse than anything JD could muster.

All in all, the show was great entertainment. Loved it. More please.

30. Frances Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 2:37 pm

Mig was hunky and an excellant singer,but J.D. was incredible and a real genius.Marty will be brilliant if he goes solo.Good luck to INXS I hope their tour goes well.

31. Frances Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 2:38 pm

32. D.J. Fortunate Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 2:51 pm

MiG a hunk??? In which gender’s opinion??? I think someone needs to have a chat with his “wife” or was it his sister??? He was definitely not “hetero” enough for the band!!! I agree with the brother earlier on…..Marty was too Nirvana / Kurt Kobain, that isn’t INXs style at all! They chose the right man for the job! Congrats JD!! You have proven that a Canadian is the most talented and right for the band!

33. BJ Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 2:56 pm

Yes, INXS got what they needed, someone who will let them do what they want, how they want, while providing an adaquate voice. JD will be fine for INXS. I look forward to seeing what happens to Marty’s career now that his talent has been seen by millions. I think we’ll see more Marty Casey/Lovehammer on the charts then INXS in the future. Mig, go back to the stage, you were better equipped for that. Suzie and Jordis, we’ll probably see you on the charts too, which I think is just fine.

34. Paxima Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 3:34 pm

Marthy was the BEST choice by far, too bad for Inxs, I don’t think they are going make it with JD. I love Marthy and I will support his music.

35. Dennis Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 3:46 pm

I felt it became pretty obvious over the course of the show that JD was the standard by which all the others measured their performance. JD was the measuring stick and he set a high standard. He has the charisma,writing and arranging skills, and ability to connect with audiences to bring INXS back into the bigtime. A great and corredt choice by the band

36. music lover Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 3:54 pm

Did you guys notice the age group that was in the crowd? I’m guessing that the band did an analysis of their fans base and figured that they’ll have the same type of fans so they choose J.D. J.D melts into band pretty well, his physical appearance, stage performance, and voice. JD is the safe choice for INXS BUT his music is boring…not new/modern enough. I’m no music professor but his high pitch doesn’t sound that great. His low pitch sounds like he’s impersonating Elvis. Overall, his voice has more bass to it than the other singers which is what INXS music tends to to have/sound. I think JD might get better. Well, U2 are a bunch of old guys that sounds very modern, INXS could have been the same had they chosen Marty. MiG…well he looks more like a rocker for teens, he sounds good though, heck all three singers are great. With JD, INXS can try to reinvent themselves. With Marty, he might reinvent INXS. With MiG, well his voice is made for a different type or rock and roll.

37. what the hell Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 4:09 pm

Mig is a theatre performer. not a rock star. Marty is a rock star but he doesnt need a band backing him. JD FORTUNE!!!!!! God bless him, he is simply amazing. He was born for this. You Go JD. JD’s earned this

38. naomi Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 4:13 pm

I’m glad JD won, he is the only one who really wanted to be part of INXS, the rest just wanted exposure! They got it too I guess, so it worked out well for everyone!

You know what they say… Opinions are like arseholes, everybodies got one!

39. Biff Henderson Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 4:21 pm

Here’s a thought. How about Dave Navarro & The House Band with lead singer Suzie McNeil also on the tour?

40. Steffy Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 4:57 pm

Hey man, I would definitely go and see Sweet Suzie and Dave with that awesome house band – now that is talent. It has been WAY TOO LONG since we had a decent rock band headed by a woman (loved BLONDIE and they were excellent live)

41. freakgrrrrrl Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 5:29 pm

BOOOOO!

Oh well. After MiG turned Bo Rhap into a musical(I perswonally HATED his performance), I was saying to myself “I`d let JD win just to get rid of MiG.” Maybe JD will fix his attitude a little or for all I know, it coulda been the “reality” part of the show that made him seem like a jerk.

Meh. Congrats Johnny “JD” Fortune, you fugly, flat-butted monkey boy.

42. Shonagh UK Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 5:33 pm

JD is Tom Cruise lookalike worse he has same know it all attitude with Elvis undertones. I adore rock, I want to see passion, heat, sensitivity, talent, a dash of excentric quirkiness and of course pure sexy rock god sex appeal and that equals Marty. Somehow I cannot imagine JD in stripy leggings/leather and denim aka MH. Only Marty can keep the real rock image alive whilst taking it forward. Good Luck Marty UK loves you,and I think you are talented and gorgeous X

43. Susy Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 6:02 pm

While JD has a good voice, he’ll definitely need to work on his stage presence. He looks stiff and uncomfortable while performing, to me. He does have the inflections of Michael Hutchence in his voice and I’m sure that’s what INXS was looking for. My favorite from the beginning was Marty, but I think he’ll do just fine now with his own band. Being a huge INXS fan from their beginning, my general feeling is that you can never, ever replace Michael Hutchence–he had it all and was completely original. But the band needs to go on and I hope they’re successful with their new front man.

44. gail Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 6:44 pm

I got the feeling that none of the other contesants liked JD and I have the same feeling that after awhile the INXS band members will feel the same way. Although I think the last performance with INXS was the best because he was most similar to Michael Hutchence but I just couldn’t get past expecting an Elvis lip curl every time I watched him perform.

45. Sherryn Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 7:00 pm

Well done Inxs, you made an awesome choice in JD. Have to admit that I didn’t like him at first but throughout the show he grew on me. You just have to teach him some Aussie lingo now mate!! Well done JD, you deserve it!!! Can’t wait for the album

46. Terri Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 7:42 pm

Speaking as someone who is of the generation that actually WENT to the INXS concerts in the 80′s and remembers them in their prime, I was completely disappointed in the sham that was Rockstar INXS. Why did I even bother to vote for Mig? He had the charisma that would have put INXS back on the map. Now all they have is a loose cannon who didn’t even prepare half of the time. I think Marty and his band will go far. I also hope to buy Mig’s future CDs. I forsee empty arenas and a short career for INXS with JD as their front man. Hope they kept other contestant’s numbers – they’ll be needing them when JD is through. I’ll keep listening to ALL my ORIGINAL INXS CDs with the brilliant Michael Hutchence. Sour grapes – YOU BET!!!

47. Con Theman Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 9:57 pm

You are STUCK in the eighties! JD clearly has what it takes to lead INXS right to the top of the charts WORLDWIDE!! It is unfortunate that a few Aussies are such poor sports that they can’t see beyond their own arrogance!! The Aussie Leprechaun (I totally see the resmblance, CKal you are right on!!) lost fair and square!!! Get over it!!

48. GiM Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 10:01 pm

Yeah man!! Tell that wet back Aussie Leprechaun half breed flip to decide which way he swings!!

49. CA Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 10:07 pm

People keep comparing JD to MH. He doesn’t have to sing like him, dress like him or immitate him…INXS chose JD because they were impressed by JD, they liked HIS style!! He doesn’t have to wear stripey leggings leather things, he could put on a pair of LEVIS and an old Tshirt and have more presence than anyone else who tried out!! Thats why he got picked!!!

50. Leighanne Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 10:43 pm

Personally, being an INXS fan since the early 80′s and crying, yes, bawling over Michael when I saw my very first INXS concert (Alburqueque NM 1986), JD is the best choice. The band obviously wanted to pick someone who could not change the sound that they are well known for, and no, JD does not sound like Michael. But, JD gives the band the same “type” of sound that they always had before. Add to the fact that JD is talented in his lyrics, the band will continue on a successful path.

JD, thank you!!!! I will be buying the CD and I will see you in concert, and ever since you wrote the lyrics to Pretty Vegas, I’ve been humming it and singing it ever since… more power to those who go against the grain, they ultimately succeed despite the controversay!

51. INXSFan Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 10:50 pm

Mig? Awful! Nails down a chalkboard are more pleasant to listen to. Marty..good voice, scary presence. JD’s the man!

52. Brianne Says:
    September 21st, 2005 at 11:20 pm

There seem to be A LOT of different opinions, but I’d rather be more diplomatic and say that I’m proud of ALL THREE of them. I AM REALLY glad that my favorite won, but I’m just as happy for Marty possibly having the chance to tour with them. It’s just too bad MiG can’t too,though. He escaped the Bottom 3 until the very end and made it to the Finals too, but,what,he leaves with NOTHING?! It seems to me the poor guy got the short end of the stick. But,if you ask me, I think LoveHammers should CO-HEADLINE with INXS and MiGNition could open for both of them. That way, ALL of them could get something out of this,and then maybe everyone could be happy???

53. naomi Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 1:09 am

Hey Gim,

Say what you want about the contestants, but don’t bad mouth Australians! Thats just not cool!

54. kathleen bilodeau Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 7:29 am

I LOVE that JD was picked! He is the only real choice. he is cool and sexy and fresh and just what inxs needs to re enter the rock scene. I cant believe the marketing genius of this show !!!
    I like mig and marty but they were not as fantastic as my canadian boy
    great to see a canadian picked so the rest of the world can realize just how great our local grown talent is!!
    go get em jd
    kit

55. Kendall Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 9:14 am

I think INXS made the right choice, Canadian yes, dedicated to INXS yes, although Mig is Australian his voice was just to soft for the band and Marty was good too, just to demanding and his screaming just didn’t fit, now as for Suzie McNeil WOW she has a presence that just doesn’t stop I will definitely be looking for her music soon. Rock on INXS and J.D.
    I can hardly wait for the new CD with J.D. Wow nothing like making us Canadians proud!!!

56. Wayne Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 12:05 pm

While Marty was my favorite and I loved Mig, I think JD was the right choice. His voice fits the INXS songs best and he’s a great performer. I don’t blame INXS for not wanting to radically change their sound. Marty I think would have been too much of a change and Mig I just don’t feel is a good fit with the INXS vibe. He’s IS too nice, unfortunately. I wish them all luck.

57. Kit Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 2:19 pm

Anyone out there know where I can find the interview with INXS where they state they knew JD was the one after the songwriting session? I’ve searched but other than the original reference to it on another site, can’t find it anywhere. Would love to read that. Thanks.

58. furgusson Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 3:54 pm

bottom line….there was no way INXS was going to hire a girl to sing all of their hits and change the way that INXS sounds…..so it had to be a guy. JD really had a presence up on stage that developed over the course of the show. I felt like he sang and moved from the heart. Plus the biggest factor…..he sounded more like Michael Hutchins than any of them.

Mig and Marty are good singers, but there was an artificial quality to both of them. They (especially Mig) got on stage and tried to “act” like a rockstar would act instead of letting it come from deep inside. WAY TO GO JD!!!!!!!

59. Skip Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 4:04 pm

For an old-time rock’n'roll fan at the age of 60, one would think it quite unusual to get wrapped up in the past few weeks of Rockstar INXS on TV. But I caught the “bug” of watching this show a few weeks ago and haven’t been able to stay away since. Why? J.D. Fortune is the hottest act to come along in a very long time. At first I was put off by the funky hat and ridiculous sunglasses..and yeah…his attitude. Then all that changed and turned into an absolute sensation. At first, Mig would’ve been my choice; but then we all got to see J.D. in action. And it was one of the classiest of class acts I’ve seen in many years. Way to go, J.D. and good luck in the band!!!

60. Darlene Balzer Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 5:36 pm

I have read everyone’s comments here and have to say. I too thought, right until the last show that MIG should have been the one. But I had to close my eyes and listen to the voises, listen to the vibs that each of them gave off. My take MIG is a soft rocker, Marty is the Dark Rocker and J.D. is a rocker. INXS was never a hard\heavy medal rock band, To me INXS is a rock n Roll band.

Marty’s screaming on the cd I could not handle (don’t get me wrong he will do well with his own band).

I have loved INXS since the 80′s, loved them in the 90′s and I will love them in the 2000′s!!!!!!!!!!

J.D. is perfect, for them I loved how he was always a part of the band never just out front, never wanting more spotlight for himself always for the whole of the band. I never heard him once say he wanted to change them, he always said I want to become apart of them.

I will buy the INXS CD when it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome INXS Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS “this is not INXS with J.D. Fortune!
    This is INXS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61. Mary Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 5:43 pm

I believe that INXS did a great job in picking JD as the lead singer! He is so hot and a great singer & perfromer! Good Luck Boys

62. foxy Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 7:25 pm

WOW, FINALLY SOMEONE THAT I DESPERATELY WANTED TO WIN, WON, AND WAS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST PERFORMER, HE HAS THE WHOLE PACKAGE AND I AM THRILLED THE ONE THAT DESERVED IT REALLY GOT IT FOR ONCE. IT SEEMS THAT SO OFTEN IN REALITY TV IT NEVER WORKS OUT THAT WAY, BUT THANK GOD THIS TIME IT DID.
    J.D. NOT ONLY ROCKS, HAS THAT STAR QUALITY BUT HE CAN SING, HE IS ACTUALLY ON TUNE, I SAY KUDOS TO YOU J.D. AND INXS AND I KNOW THEY WILL GO ON TO BECOME A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH AGAIN IN THE WORLD OF ROCK. I HAVE A MAJOR IN MUSIC AND THE OTHER SINGERS JUST DID NOT STAY ON TUNE, THERE PITCH WAS ALWASY OFF BUT NOT J.D. AGAIN J.D. CANADA LOVED YOU AND HEY SO DO I AND I WILL FOLLOW YOUR CAREER FOR NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE BAND YOU WILL GO ON TO BE A BIG NAME IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.
    YOU GAVE IT YOUR ALL RIGHT DOWN TO THE LAST MOMENT AND I COULD JUST TELL THAT YOUR HEART MUST HAVE BEEN POUNDING , YOU EYES ARE REALLY THE MIRROR TO YOUR SOUL AND THE LOOK IN YOUR EYES SAID IT ALL, ROCK ON J.D. ROCK ON!!
    foxy

63. foxy Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 7:30 pm

J.D. NOT ONLY ROCKS, HAS THAT STAR QUALITY BUT HE CAN SING, HE IS ACTUALLY ON TUNE, I SAY KUDOS TO YOU J.D. AND INXS AND I KNOW THEY WILL GO ON TO BECOME A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH AGAIN IN THE WORLD OF ROCK. I HAVE A MAJOR IN MUSIC AND MOST OF THE OTHER SINGERS JUST DID NOT STAY ON TUNE, THERE PITCH WAS ALWAYS OFF BUT NOT J.D. AGAIN J.D. CANADA LOVED YOU AND HEY SO DO I AND I WILL FOLLOW YOUR CAREER FOR NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE BAND YOU WILL GO ON TO BE A BIG NAME IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.
    OH JUST ANOTHER OBSERVATION, I SAW MIG INTERVIEWED ON ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT AND WOW SOUR GRAPES OR WHAT. HE DID NOT HAVE ONE GOOD THING TO SAY ABOUT J.D. BUT J.D. JUST SAID HEY I THINK THAT MIG WAS A REALLY GREAT GUY SO WHO LOOKS THE FOOL NOW MIG. MARTY I REALLY THINK YOU SHOWED REAL CLASS AT THE END, KUDOS TO YOU TO MF, MAY YOU GO ON TO ROCK THE WORLD AS WELL!! SUZIE, YOU WERE THE BEST SINGER IN MY OPINION NEXT TO J.D. I GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT IS DUE GIRL AND YOU CAN SING. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FINAL THREE, NOT MIG, THE SONG HE CHOOSE WAS JUST TERRIBLE BUT WHEN SUZIE SANG THE SAME SONG WOW SHE ROCKED SO I HOPE THAT GOOD THINGS COME HER WAY AS WELL!!
    ENOUGH SAID I GUESS!!

foxy

64. Anonymous Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 7:55 pm

Boh!

65. Nicholas Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 8:14 pm

OK, seriously let’s take a look at this whole competition. The intelligent choice BY FAR is Marty. He worked his a$$ off everytime it was time to give INXS what he had to offer. “Trees” as the band said themselves was a radio hit from the first performance. INXS is all about catchy instant pop hits. So you don’t like the screaming tendencies. (I’m not much for them either) Well, he changed his style, took orders, and adapted to the band he was trying out for. ALL without dying to any creative offerings he could bring. I can’t look past an act like that 12 times for 12 weeks. Marty you will go on and you, by far, were the winner because while ‘you’ were working ‘other’ hardworking talents in the business were watching. It’s not about winning or losing, truly, it’s about the journey there and we were watching you develop the whole way. It will pay off. Mark my words.

66. Gim Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 8:15 pm

Hey…I have read over my previous post and I would like to appologize for the inappropriateness.

67. Nicholas Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 8:26 pm

Ok, that was some crazy auto response for saying the other word for “butt”. I really didn’t say anything inappropriate therefore nothing to apologize for. Thanks for letting me post.

68. Ray Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 9:47 pm

J.D.

What can I say? Wrong choice for INXS, right choice for Marty. He will go on to becoming something bigger than the far-from-their prime Aussie band. The popular version of INXS relied heavily, HEAVILY ON Michael Hutchence and his sex appeal.

J.D.?

Marty and the lovely Jordis will rock on…Mig will continue to thrive on stage.

J.D.?

J.D. will front a dying band in the last year of its existence.

69. Anonymous Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 10:52 pm

JD is the best. I kept watching his performances over and over. I do hope all the other contestants succeed in their future careers. They were all talented.
    As far as JD being compared to Elvis-why is that a bad thing? Wasn’t he called the “King of Rock n’ Roll” or something like that.

Congrats JD- You Rock!

70. Anonymous Says:
    September 22nd, 2005 at 10:58 pm

If you have any doubts about JD’s singing ability or stage presence, just go to the Rockstar.msn website and check out these performances: “Pretty Vegas”, “Money”, “The Letter”, “Mystify”, “What You Need”, “You Can’t Always..”, “By My Side” etc etc.

Any Questions? I didn’t think so.

JD, congatulations! and by the way come to North Carolina, we love you!

71. PP Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 5:59 am

I DON’T KNOW WHY PPL THINK MARTY IS RIGHT FOR INXS OR EVEN MIG. FROM THE BEGINNING JD WAS THE ONE! BOTH MARTY AND MIG ARE NO DOUBT VERY TALENTED BUT NOT RIGHT FOR INXS, THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY TO GET THE EXPOSURE AND WILL BOTH BE SUCCESSFUL IN THEIR FUTURE CAREER. I JUST HATE THOSE LOOSERS ALWAYS PICKING ON JD BASED ON A EDITED REALITY SHOW.. ALWASY PICKING ON HIS ATTITUDE OR ELVIS THINGY.. JUST SEE HIS PERFORMANCE.. HE IS AMAZING! HE’S ALSO VERY CREATIVE AND TALENTED IN HIS OWN WAY AND INXS ARE NOT STUDID TO NOTICE THAT AND EVEN WITH THE “CONTROVERSIES” JD WAS STILL POPULAR.. HE IS SO AMAZINGLY HANDSOME!

JD RULES! ASIA LOVES YOU JD!

72. Anonymous Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 7:49 am

JD WAS THE RIGHT PICK FOR INXS. MARTY IS A GRUNG BAND REJECT WHILE MIG REMINDS ME OF DONNY OZMOND. HE WILL PERFORM WELL ON THE MUPETS. I NEVER LISTENED TO INXS BUT NOW I WILL. NOT BAD FOR A CANUCK.

73. KansasKat Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 9:06 am

I thought Marty should have won, but after reading the posts on this site, I think he will do better on his own. I too was a big fan of INXS and saw them in concert twice in the 80′s. Don’t think I would go to their concert now. I would go see Marty in concert, love that “trees” song. I think “Sweet Suzie McNeil” will do great on her own, maybe David Navarro would guest on her album. I think that when it got down to the last four, they had eliminated everyone that should have been eliminated. I do think Suzie should have made it to the final three. IT was a tough choice, but I think INXS got what they wanted.

74. BRIANNE Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 9:18 am

CONGRATULATIONS INXS!!!!! You made the right decision, JD has the stuff to take you to the top! From the start of the competion I could see that JD was the one for you, He is so diverse in his style and can adapt to what you need. I can’t wait for the tour and the CD/DVD!

75. Tortuga Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 1:21 pm

Let’s, say you had the Beatles looking for a guitar player and the choice was George Harrison or Jimmy Hendrix. Now of course Hendrix is the best Guitar player but would he fit in the Beatles? Same sort of thing with Marty and JD.

76. Lois Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 7:09 pm

I didn’t like Mr. Fortune on or off stage, but enjoyed every minute of Rock Star INXS regardless. I thought Suzie McNeil had an incredible voice! Listening to her… boy she really sounds like Annie Lennox. Marty did the most ‘rocking’ but he always seemed to have trouble staying on key, and his screaming made me cringe. Not much to say about Mig except… go back to doing show tunes. And Ty, well he blew me away with his performances, then he blew me away again with his alegations. It was the most entertaining show on TV in a long time. Hope other bands decide to replace their missing members the same way INXS did.

77. freakgrrrrrl Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 7:46 pm

I think JD will end up having some major conflicts with INXS and they will eventually realize he MAY not be right for them. Then there will be stories all around the net talking about the fight(and possibly JD getting the boot) and I`ll be there in front of my computer reading all about it.

HA!

78. RealityBlogs.com Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 10:38 pm

INXS on Ellen

INXS (with new lead singer J.D. Fortune) performed on The Ellen Degeneres Show today, and guess what song they did? If you guessed INXS’ new single “Easy, Easy,” you’d be wrong. That’s rightthe marketing plan seems to have changed over…

79. GO JD FORTUNE! Says:
    September 23rd, 2005 at 11:39 pm

JD IS AWESOME! From little o’l Nova Scotia wow! INXS is lucky if he sticks with them, he really is too good!
    JD!
    JD!
    JJJJJJJJJJDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
    FORTUNE, I THINK SO!

80. Skye Says:
    September 24th, 2005 at 2:27 am

I guess J.D was the clear winner. BUT it doesnt mean he was any good. INXS have recuited a puppet, someone really average, boring and they can mould. Marty….. what a talent!! He is on the road to an amazing music career, well done! Mig, is also great but not a rockn roller. Not sure if INXS cd will be on “to buy” list. Seen better at Kareoke J.D!

81. Anonymous Says:
    September 24th, 2005 at 3:05 pm

J.D. is the best choice for the band. Actually I think he was one of the better performers. He is sexy and his voice makes me melt.

82. Anonymous Says:
    September 24th, 2005 at 3:07 pm

J.D. can sing to me anytime!!

83. Anonymous Says:
    September 24th, 2005 at 3:09 pm

J.D. is so bloody sexy! I love the way he moves and the deepness of that sexy voice of his. I’m very happy that he won!

84. Anonymous Says:
    September 24th, 2005 at 7:52 pm

I was glued to every episode of RockStar INXS. Today I went out and bought the CD like a good little consumer. I am so happy for JD, I think he is a good compliment to INXS and I think he will do even better on some of the songs than Michael. I wll be there for the tour and the CD when it comes out. CANT WAIT, AM GOING THROUGH JD WITHDRAWALS!

85. Rhonda Says:
    September 24th, 2005 at 10:07 pm

I thought JD was the best fit for INXS. He clearly had something the rest did not; a passion which could not be ignored. Although, he is not MH; he definately gives a similar presence. I think he will give the band an edge, the others couldn’t. Marty screamed way too much and his presence was almost “Alice Cooper” crazy at times and Meg just didn’t fit (and I can’t put my finger on why).
    Dave Navarro was awesome; he has always intriged me. He came across as a super nice guy and a great support for all the contestants.
    Congrats JD! And all the best to the rest!
    God Bless!

86. Keena Says:
    September 24th, 2005 at 11:28 pm

I NEVER liked INXS, except maybe one of their songs. They were at their most popular when I was in high school, and frankly, I hated their music. The best parts of Rock Star INXS were the awesome performances of awesome songs, songs by anyone but INXS. The show was great, the performers were better than anything American Idol has ever offered, and all involved will have some level of success in the music industry, be it with a band, solo, or in theatre. J.D. was my favorite from the very beginning – I loved how he re-worked just about every song he performed. He is definitely an original, undeniable talent. Marty did get better as the weeks went by – at first all I could thing of was “scary conductor”. However, Marty will do much better fronting another band and he will be very successful. That said, J.D. Fortune being selected as lead singer is the ONLY reason I will be purchasing my first ever INXS cd when it is released. I hope all the songs are as great as Pretty Vegas!! They definitely need J.D. heavily involved in writing the songs – he knows how to turn them into great arangements. Let J.D. have some creative freedom in the making of the CD process, and INXS will have me as a fan for a long time to come. Congrats J.D. You wanted it and you deserve it!! Btw, the appearance on the Ellen Degeneres show was amazing!!

87. Roxy Says:
    September 25th, 2005 at 6:04 pm

JD was the wrong choice for INXS, he will never be a team player as he only thinks about himself and does not give anyone else a chance, here is one INXS fan that is no more

88. Claire Says:
    September 25th, 2005 at 10:42 pm

J.D BORING!!!

Anyone one else notice his fuuny nose?? When he sings it goes all skinny….weird! And can he play an instrument? His so-call good looks will only get him so far, Martys’ talent is what makes a great musician!

YAWN!!!

89. Zorro Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 9:00 am

Re above post.

If talent is the issue, why mention JD’s nose?

Two words: sour grapes

90. Zorro Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 9:04 am

While I’m at it: team player? Like Ty you mean?

Ty imposed his will on everything and everybody. No-one could try to write a song without Ty’s ‘help’. ‘Stop/Go’. Pitiful.

Ty wanted to change INXS into a soul band. The world revolved around Ty in a way that JD could only gasp and dream about.

Ty winged about being a rock singer and constantly chose black soul classics to showcase his (admittedly wonderful) voice.

You see JD as the bad guy – he was just a bit more open with his subterfuge, that’s all.

91. Anonymous Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 9:48 am

i luv MIG, adores Marty, in doubt with JD

92. Maria Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 6:16 pm

THANKS INXS FOR SELECTING THE BEST FRONT MAN AND FOR THIS I’M SURE JD. WILL GIVE BACK A HUNDRED TIMES !!!! CANT WAIT TO C-U IN TOWN (TORONTO) JD!!
    INXS ROCKS!!!!!!

93. meeschky Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 7:47 pm

Hey Gim:

Thanx for apologising, big of you – I am an Aussie and I was offended.

I don’t get the hate campaigns on these posts – I had my fave rockers and ones who I channel-changed on whenever they were singing (JD included!) but I don’t get the hate/racist stuff.

Bag their singing, dancing, personality or whatever, but lets leave race/nationality out of it.

94. Iliana Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 7:57 pm

As an old INXS fan, who felt it could only be Michael leading the band I was hesitant to watch this reality thing unfold. But whoever screened the participants should be applauded. They were genuine and talented and it became a neighborhood thing to get together and watch each week.

We grew to care about the singers and hated to see them go, but we soon came to believe the process would work. There were great performances all around, but we had to admit between California Dreamin, Money and Mystify the true front man was going to be JD. We did want to wring his neck when he treated Suzie the way he did and we hope he matures even more as time goes on. But for the passion, intensity and excitement of his performance, he wins hands down. INXS concerts are about good times for all ages and we can’t wait until they come through this area. I doubt they’ll make it to Charlotte, NC, but we’ll find them somewhere. We’re also curious about the new version of the show and how that will all play out next year. Maybe Constantine should have waited another year….?

95. BEN N POVERTY Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 9:24 pm

to bad Ty had to make it about race
    great show overall

rock on INXS

96. Maria Says:
    September 26th, 2005 at 10:27 pm

I LOVE YOU JD!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! KEEP YOUR DREAM ALIVE IN YOUR SOUL AND SMILE BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!

97. Anonymous Says:
    September 27th, 2005 at 9:23 pm

On the INXS website, it cites the authors of ‘Pretty Vegas’ as Farris/Fortune. Does anyone know the significance of this? Did Farris help all the contestants with their songs? Or just JD?

98. Anonymous Says:
    September 27th, 2005 at 9:25 pm

Also, I am bummed I missed the band on the Ellen Degeneres show… does anyone know of a way i can see it???? (besides waiting for reruns)

99. DogStumps Says:
    September 27th, 2005 at 9:34 pm

JD is the man…

Keep on Rockin’ dude I will be coming to see you in a city near me and I don’t even like INXS.

I may even come early and watch the Lovehummers too.

100. KeithMoonLives Says:
    September 27th, 2005 at 9:44 pm

LMFAO did you guys see Garry Gary
    almost unable to control his laughter during MIG’S BoRap oh my that was funny.

Marty not a bad grunge/alt guy but definately looks like he should be selling insurance or something the dude is stiff needs to loosen up a bit this show was for a Rock and Roll singer not an investment banker.

Hey JD man you da man.I gotta say I am embarassed that Mark Burnett didn’t bring in any competition for you I mean you blew those clowns completey out of the water.

Looks good on the snarkers.They will still be snarking and you will be rolling in the chicks and the dough.LOL!!!!!!

101. Jamie Says:
    September 28th, 2005 at 1:16 am

I’m glad JD won because Marty kinda creeped me out. I knew from the beginning that no chick was gonna win but i guess atleast they got a try.

102. Sonya Kenney Says:
    September 29th, 2005 at 1:04 pm

JD is the man! He was the only choice INXS could make. He fits in perfectly w/ the band. He isn’t a clone of MH, but does have a similiar vibe to carry off the back catlog. Marty is wonderful for a post modern rock band. Mig reminded me of Davidy Cassidy from the Partridge Family. Suzi was the best vocalist and Jordis just imploded. Rockstar isn’t American Idol, thank god. The show and INXS were very upfront stating that the final decision was theirs. I was much of a fan of INXS before but I am now. JD is a cool drink of water! There is a prescene, sexiness, wisdom, character, vulernability that is raw and honest and I have seen in a long time.

103. Dar Says:
    September 30th, 2005 at 12:01 pm

I know that Andrew Farris co wrote Trees as well. I think he helped out alot as all of them commented on all they learned from the song writing clincs.

INXS was #6 in Edmonton this week for Pretty Vegas!!!!

Hope INXS comes to Edmonton, Alberta!!!!!!!!!!!!

104. Oyama Bin Claden Says:
    September 30th, 2005 at 9:22 pm

First and foremost I’ve read that JD is a MH clone,Thats the biggest bunch of crap I have heard,Secondly has anybody put a INXS cd on lately and done a comparison of voices,I can truely say JD has a better voice,MH’S voice really lacked in alot of areas,it was really about the band as a whole and not just the frontman.J D will do more for INXS now that he is part of the band than that Aussie POOFTER MIG,and I can honestly say that he is a poof,now if he was trying out for Paul Mcartney’s band because they are both the same type of femine poofster inspired singers.I also heard Mig the POOF was slamming Jd after he kicked his sorry butt.What a sore looooser.Marty seemd like a good guy but really didn’t have the goods for the band and was bit freaky to boot.People are jealous of JD simply because he out performed everybody,was the best looking guy and had the confidence of a star.ROCK ON FELLOW CANUCK JD.

105. OlderWoman Says:
    October 1st, 2005 at 1:28 am

I stopped listening to JD’s performances after he couldn’t sing “We are the Champions”. What a faker, putting his mike out over the audience when he couldn’t hit the notes and blaming his awful performance on the emotion of seeing his sister. Marty was by far the fan favorite and the best rocker but he’s too smart, too independent and too current for INXS. Thank goodness he didn’t get picked and pidgeonholed. Go Lovehammers!

106. Anonymous Says:
    October 1st, 2005 at 11:27 am

Thanks for the info on ‘Trees’, Dar… I was just curious. LOVE JD, and would love to see the new INXS in concert. Hope they make it to San Diego!!!

107. meeschk Says:
    October 2nd, 2005 at 11:17 pm

Andrew Farris didn’t co-write Trees!!! Marty’s band had recorded well before Marty even entered the competition..

For those who didn’t see the show, the music to “Pretty Vegas” was given to the contestants by Andrew Farris to put lyrics to. Hence the song is by Farris/Fortune.

108. Jo and Deb Says:
    October 3rd, 2005 at 1:26 am

Sorry. INXS picked the wrong guy.
    Marty was clearly the star and his
    version of “Creep” gave us chills.
    INXS should have let him lead them
    into a new direction. The past is over and they let the true rock star get away. Michael can’t be replaced. With Marty, they had a chance to ride the big wave again.

109. dannimama Says:
    October 3rd, 2005 at 5:24 am

I was a child of the 80′s and worshipped INXS and Michael Hutchence from 1980 to well past his death in 1997. I was opposed to this show at first, but, hey, I got over it. Who was I to judge INXS for wanting to get on with their lives 8 long years later?

Anyway, I loved Marty & JD and was thrilled with both of them being in the final two. I think the finale couldn’t have worked out better.

Rock on JD! I love you & I’m thrilled with the second coming of INXS. I hope you give the band the second life they deserve!

110. Anonymous Says:
    October 3rd, 2005 at 10:03 am

Thanks, meeschk, for the Farris/Fortune explanation… I did watch the show but somehow missed that bit. That makes total sense… and explains why ‘Pretty Vegas’ sounds so much like that new song they played at the close of the show (liked ‘Vegas’ better ~ it’s still stuck in my head!)

111. Dar Says:
    October 3rd, 2005 at 5:02 pm

actually during episode 7 is when all the rockers in the house were told they had to write and original song and they could do it alone or colaborate. Pretty Vegas and Tree were written during this time.

112. Dar Says:
    October 3rd, 2005 at 5:06 pm

Also the song that was given to all the contestants was INXS new song Easy Easy and they were required to learn the song and then they went in the studio to record it. It was the first time all of them would judged on the same some.

113. meeschk Says:
    October 4th, 2005 at 12:53 am

So how come Lovehammers have recorded Trees? I read somewhere that you can download their version and it sounds great..

I really thought that Trees was something that Marty brought to the competition as opposed to something he wrote during the competition.. I am probably wrong then..

114. meeschk Says:
    October 4th, 2005 at 12:55 am

Can I say re Marty that I was a BIG FAN of Marty but hoped that he didn’t win because I wanted to see what he could do on his own but then in the Grand Final I heard him do “Don’t Change” and I can’t get it out of his head. I think his originality would really have taken the Band somewhere and its disappointing that we won’t get to see that.

115. meeschk Says:
    October 4th, 2005 at 12:55 am

oops – meant to say can’t get it out of MY head.. *blush*

116. Brianne Says:
    October 4th, 2005 at 1:25 am

First of all, I love this article. Anyway, I couldn’t have been any happier with the show’s results,especially after all my disappointments with American Idol;mainly last season. Not that I have anything against Carrie, but she seems so PERFECT it doesn’t seem she even needed the show. And though I kind of hoped for a Bo/Con finale, I didn’t really want either of them to actually win because it would’ve hurt their Rocker cred. But I couldn’t help but feel that something like that would’ve meant the WORLD to someone like Scott Savol(by the way,I met him Sunday at the Woollybear Festival and even got my picture taken with him.He’s actually pretty cool),you know? So I’m SO glad to FINALLY see the underdog win something. I mean,really,I don’t know if you could actually consider JD the Underdog because I felt since he came out with his own arrangement of “California Dreamin’” that he was the one to beat;performance-wise,at least. But he seemed to come with a lot of baggage, so after watching AI where they OBVIOUSLY wouldn’t give something like that to someone like Scott,or even Bo, with their arrest records or Bo’s past drug problem, I was almost expecting that the band would cop out and go for someone a little more PC,but they didn’t. They didn’t pick the most popular/marketable person they could make the most money off of,either. They took their chances on the crazy dreamer–regardless of all the haters who threatened to never listen to the band again if they hired him– because he wanted this more than ANYTHING. And I think his reaction at the Finale clearly showed that. So if there’s anyone who still hates him or still isn’t convinced that he’s “roit”:P or that he deserves to be there, I don’t know what to say. But I don’t think anyone could’ve wanted or deserved it more and I’m just SO glad that the guys saw that. Thank you, INXS and JD for making this the BEST talent-competition-show-thingy:P I’ve ever watched.

117. naomi Says:
    October 4th, 2005 at 2:28 am

What does everyone have against Aussies? I see the word Aussie slandered alot in this site and it really offends me! I’m sure people just always believe stereo-types and not actually know any Australians personally!

118. Dar Says:
    October 5th, 2005 at 2:43 pm

Naomi, actually I have a few friend who live in Australia, one is from Wallaroo and the other from Adalaide. Met at an Apex, Woco convention. I Loved MIG and was rooting for him right untill the B.R. song. I thought you can’t replace the lead singer with any one other than an Aussie!! But I have to say I loved JD as the show went on and then the second last episode I was like HMMMMM he’s gonna get it. The way he sang during the Finale set the stage. Keep your chin up girl its all good!!!!!!!!!
    PS meeschk, I have tried to find the download for trees all I have found is the one from MSN. Even on Marty’s fan club site I couldn’t find a link. Does anyone know where to find it, if its available?

119. fellow BLUE NOSER Says:
    October 5th, 2005 at 10:06 pm

JD is f’en awesome, that guy!! INXS IS SO LUCKY!

120. Angela Says:
    October 6th, 2005 at 9:13 pm

JD is soooo hot!!! I was soo happy when JD won!! He is soo hot!!!

121. Naomi Says:
    October 7th, 2005 at 5:04 pm

Thanks Dar,

I must admit in the end I was rooting for J.D. Too. I wish Mig and Marty well though!

122. Vicky Holloway Says:
    October 11th, 2005 at 12:03 pm

If INXS or JD ever read these comments I would like to say ditto to most of the previous comments made about all of you. In this world of reality tv, your competetion brought me great pleasure. As one that adores rock and roll,it was great to see the amazing talent many of the contestants shared with us each week. Honestly, it was a mini concert every show…thank you!
    Naturally, a book could and should be written about the show. JD you should be the one to write it. From the beginning I saw through your tough guy facade and saw a tender heart. You truly captured the hearts of many and throughout the competetion I wished many times I could pick up the phone and call to have a mother to son conversation. When you first sang “Pretty Vegas” all I could think was “Brilliant.” INXS has given you a tremendous opportunity and I have total confidence we will be hearing about INXS and JD Fortune for many years to come.
    JD you might have been a lost soul but it appears “home” has found you blessing you with a family that will embrase you and nurture your awesome talent. Best of luck to all of you…and thanks for sharing your music.

123. Kyle Says:
    November 22nd, 2005 at 8:57 am

I think J.D was the perfect match.
    I said after I saw him perform California Dreamin that i would ONLY go n see the new INXS if that guy won! Havin been a fan of INXS and Michael Hutchence i was initially weary but he is easily the best person for the gig.
    I cant wait to see them on tour!

124. Bianca Says:
    December 27th, 2005 at 12:23 am

guyz!! buy the cd!! it’s the best!! i think jd deserves what he has right now!! congratulations jd! GO INXS!!

125. Gailicious Says:
    March 30th, 2006 at 9:45 pm

Well, well, well! Certainly there are alot of mixed feelings out there as to who should have been the front runner for INXS. I think evryone needs to remember that all the talent on the show was second to none. They were all different and I’m they will all do well in their musical careers. Those of you who are dissing Mig for being and Aussie need to remember that INXS are Aussies themselves. Their choice was nothing personal, but what they felt was right for their band. In any event, I liked Mig, I liked Marty, I loved Suzie and I absolutely fell in love with J.D. from the second performance I saw him do. The first was a little over the top but he certainly came into his own shortly after. I think they definately picked the right person for INXS. J.D.’s charisma, passion, sex appeal and raw talent absolutely speaks for itself. I bought 4 of INXS’ C.D.’s for my friends for Christmas and they thoroughly enjoy them as much as I do. I can’t wait to see them in concert in May. 38 more sleeps and I’m counting down every one. So just remember that an opinion is exactly that. “An opinion” not right nor wrong. Peace out!!
    Oh yeah! I really need to hear some Suzie Macneil. She’s “Fantabulous” Love ya girl.

Comments