What Not To Wear: Wannabe Premieres On TLC

September 29, 2005 11:01 PM by Joe Blackmon

In a two-hour special titled WHAT NOT TO WEAR: Wannabe premiering Friday, September 30, from 9-11 PM (ET/PT) on TLC, WHAT NOT TO WEAR fashion experts Stacy London and Clinton Kelly, hair stylist Nick Arrojo and beauty specialist Carmindy pan the country for talented individuals who think they’ve got what it takes to make the world a better “looking” place.

TLC conducted a nationwide search for up-and-coming, aspiring fashion stylists, hairstylists and make-up artists for the newest special this fall, with more than 1,200 applications flooding in from all parts of the country, walks of life and backgrounds from wannabe fashion gurus hoping to make it big.  From an heir to an oil fortune to the sweetheart who won’t let you down, our wannabes all share the same goal – to change the world, one fashion faux pas at a time.

These fashion hopefuls have eagerly waited in the wings for their chance to shine, and TLC has offered these wannabe’s the one-time opportunity to become the next WHAT NOT TO WEAR dream team. The wannabes   submitted a video clip of themselves in action, explaining why they’re the perfect match. Our WHAT NOT TO WEAR experts chose 12, comprising three teams of four, who were whisked away to New York City to compete in a three-day style-driven challenge.  Stacy and Clinton then watched and analyzed the teams’ every move and will make a final decision at the end of the show as to who will be crowned future fashionistas.  The winning team is afforded the opportunity of a lifetime and is given a four-page spread in Redbook Magazine with celebrity photographer Jack Guy, as well as $5,000 each.

The featured wannabes are:

Tracie Rhodes Edwards, Los Angeles
Kylee Cook, Cleveland, Ohio
Jerome Gonzalez, Henderson, Nevada
Brig Van Osten, Simi Valley, California
Kabra Moss, Roseville, California

Topics: What Not To Wear |

30 Responses to “What Not To Wear: Wannabe Premieres On TLC”

1. Brenda Cook Says:
    October 3rd, 2005 at 10:29 pm

I know Kylee Cook from Cleveland, Ohio. She is very talented. I hope she was picked as one of the winners. I hope you are all rooting for her !!

2. Brenda Cook Says:
    October 3rd, 2005 at 10:30 pm

Root for Kylee Nicole Cook from Cleveland.

3. Grace Says:
    October 8th, 2005 at 8:30 am

I love Kylee’s hair cut and want to get mine cut the same. Anyone know where I can find a picture?

4. Kat Says:
    October 8th, 2005 at 8:08 pm

I saw Kabra Moss on the wannabe episode and want to cut my hair like hers. Know where I can get a current photo?

5. kabra Says:
    October 10th, 2005 at 2:05 pm

hey kat. thanks, my friend michelle cuts my hair and she’s fabulous. post your email and ill shoot you a picture. thanks.

6. Joanna Says:
    October 10th, 2005 at 3:09 pm

I also loved Kabra’s haircut…been looking for something like this for myself for awhile! A current pic would be much appreciated!

7. Allison Says:
    October 10th, 2005 at 3:17 pm

I enjoyed the Wannabe’s episode! I thought all who were involved to be extremely talented. Kabra, you and Tracois should have won that hair and make-up challenge. And your contributor ended up looking the best by far! You did a wonderful job on her hair! Good luck to you in the future!

8. KIM HOLLEY Says:
    October 11th, 2005 at 4:23 pm

I love Kabra Moss’s hair…How can I get a photo?

9. catia Says:
    October 11th, 2005 at 4:39 pm

I loved Kabra’s hair as well, it’s awesome. Anyone know where I can get a pic so that I could show my hairdresser?

10. Kate Says:
    October 11th, 2005 at 5:57 pm

Can someone PLEASE get me a pic of Kabra Moss as well- I LOVED her haircut & I need a cut anyhow, so I wanted to try to get something like hers.. Thanks!

11. Sabine Says:
    October 12th, 2005 at 10:46 am

Please, please, please can someone e-mail me a picture of Kylee’s hair? I can’t find one anywhre, and I really want my hair cut like that. I love it! Also, she should have won.

12. debra Says:
    October 15th, 2005 at 11:25 am

Did anyone get a picture of Kabra’s or Kylee’s cut?

13. Chans Says:
    October 15th, 2005 at 3:17 pm

I have to laugh, I’ve been searching the net for pictures of Kylee’s hair to take to my hair styler as too; it’s nice to know others thought her hair was cute as well! I’d appreciate it someone could email me a pic, thanks much!

14. Fran Feldman Says:
    October 15th, 2005 at 4:42 pm

Does any know what salon Jerome Gonzales works for in Nevada?

15. Wendi Says:
    October 15th, 2005 at 11:11 pm

I love Kylee’s hair too, but I live close to Kabra Moss, Roseville, California since she does hair and she’s was her rommie I bet she can do it–Does anyone know where Kabra does hair at? Thanks

16. lani Says:
    October 16th, 2005 at 10:54 pm

could anyone send me a pic of kabra’s hair? I need a pic of her bangs.

Thanks!

17. lani Says:
    October 16th, 2005 at 10:56 pm

could anyone send me a pic of kabra’s hair? I need a pic of her bangs.

Thanks!

18. Jenifer Fritz Says:
    October 16th, 2005 at 11:15 pm

I really love Kylee’s hair also. Can someone please send me a picture? I would really appreciate it!!

19. Xaroline Says:
    October 17th, 2005 at 11:01 am

Wow…alot of people love Kylee’s hair…I am also one of them…could I have a pic please?? Pretty please?? thank you… ; )

20. Jenifer Fritz Says:
    October 17th, 2005 at 1:06 pm

Did anyone find a pic of Kylee’s hair??

21. Deena Says:
    October 19th, 2005 at 10:17 pm

Alright, I am also one of the many looking for a pic of Kylees haircut, please send any found shots my way!

22. Lori Gray Says:
    October 21st, 2005 at 5:13 pm

My mom should be on this show because she never takes the time to care for herself. She is always thinking of others, and on the side she is raising four kids.

23. Pam Says:
    November 7th, 2005 at 10:07 am

Does anyone know where Kylee works? I need a make-up artist for a wedding.

24. arb Says:
    April 4th, 2006 at 1:12 pm

Looking for Kylee’s haircut! Did anyone find a picture???

25. Naruto Says:
    April 9th, 2006 at 9:25 pm

I am sick and tired of this TLC: “What not to wear”. Because they are always talking about women. Why can’t they use more men like that. We, men, have a feel too! That is unfair. I am sick of those two hosts!

26. jordann Says:
    November 11th, 2006 at 9:10 pm

How do you sign someone up for What Not To Wear?

-Jordann.D

27. Katrina Hameed Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 3:40 am

I love the show,but I like to know why are most of the women you’ve help are caucasian? It would be nice to see you style a black woman.

28. Julia Nash Says:
    October 27th, 2007 at 5:26 pm

Why do you always have to have
    young girls on your show? I’m in my fifty’s look great. I work out.
    I’m better looking than half of the young women you have on your
    show. Why can’t you put a gorgeous
    thin dame like me on your show.
    You are so archaic to think that your best market is with the youth. We young fifty year old women spend a lot of money on clothes too. Sincerely, Julia Nash
    949-7130799

29. Julia Nash Says:
    October 27th, 2007 at 5:26 pm

Why do you always have to have
    young girls on your show? I’m in my fifty’s look great. I work out.
    I’m better looking than half of the young women you have on your
    show. Why can’t you put a gorgeous
    thin dame like me on your show.
    949-7130799

30. Ashley Says:
    June 21st, 2012 at 7:46 am

Will you Stacey and Clinton please let Shirley Ann peters on your show she live in banks, Alabama

Comments