So You Think You Can Dance Finale – The Winner Is…

October 04, 2005 11:02 PM by Joe Blackmon

Dance_final4The final four dancers took the stage last week to compete to become the first winner of So You Think You Can Dance.  The winner gets a $100,000 cash prize, along with an apartment rent-free for one year in New York City.  Viewers have voted and the winner will be announced on the So You Think You Can Dance Finale on Wednesday, Oct. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

The final four are Melody Lacayanga, Jamile McGee, Ashle Dawson, and Nick Lazzarini.  All four dancers are extremely talented and very deserving of their place in the final four, which means a controversial outcome could be around the corner.  Because there are four very evenly matched dancers, whoever wins will likely win with less than 50% of the total vote.  This translates into the majority of fans being upset with the outcome.

The biggest controversy already circulating is that having viewers vote between the final four instead of the final two could give an edge to Jamile, who has a very different dance style from the other three.  Melody, Ashle, and Nick all have a very similar dance style, which could lead to fans splitting their votes between the three.  Jamile will benefit from being the only hip-hop style dancer left in the competition.

If Jamile wins, then many will question if he would have still won if viewers were only voting between two dancers.  Even if one of the other three wins, there could still be an outcry because the margin of victory could come down to fractions of a percent.  A controversial outcome could be a perfect set-up for Fox to a dance-off show like ABC did with Dancing with the Stars.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for So You Think You Can Dance news.  For other great So You Think You Can Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can Dance.

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

20 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Finale – The Winner Is…”

1. Kayla Says:
    October 5th, 2005 at 5:30 pm

I really think that Ashle should win. She is a very diverse dancer and has all the skill. She is extremley deserving of it.

I do think, thought, that Nick has a good chance. Im sure the majority of people watching this show are woman, and are mostly going to vote for a guy. But, he is also very multi-talented and is deserving of the award.

I personally love Jamile and Melody, but I am tired of Melody’s leg up, which happens in almost everything, and I am a little tired of her overall solo style. She needs another performance like “Baby take off your clothes” haha

And Jamille, I just love him, but his style is a little old now too.

Atleast Nick and Ashle change it up a little each week

I am not positive who will win, but it is going to be a tough desision. Hopefully America will do its best

–Kayla

2. sarah Says:
    October 5th, 2005 at 7:53 pm

nick should win because he rox my world!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jay Says:
    October 5th, 2005 at 8:19 pm

i hope melody wins!!!! i love her

4. Syah Says:
    October 5th, 2005 at 8:57 pm

i think that both Nick and Melody repeated their performance a couple times and ashle is no differ from those of the lyrical dancer. Most of their dance consist of spinning and jumping.. and more spinning, melody legs up i don’t mind :D you have to admit though, that when doing a pair up dance.. shes good

Jamille now, His Pop n lock skills is nice but im looking through a hip hop point of view. He mix it around more then i can think of.. like the leg glide (which is famous now seen from usher and omarion) and he can tick(the movement frame by frame) as well which makes me jealous. If Ryan Would have pulled out ‘breakdance’ out the hat, he would have killed this challenge as well, but hes a street dancer.

What i dont like about the show is that they didnt really bring out today modern type of dance beside hip-hop. We dont do the ol time dance anymore.. thats history.. ‘Foxtrot?’ and ‘quick step..’ what is that.. i didn’t know those type of dance exist if i didnt watch the show, and no im not impressed.

5. L. Vaughn Says:
    October 5th, 2005 at 9:08 pm

The show performance was fantastic but the camera work stunk!!!! You could not sit back and enjoy and see the dance performances

6. Dymphna Says:
    October 5th, 2005 at 10:31 pm

who won tonight i missed the show and i really need to know please help me and i think jamille is really good

7. smile Says:
    October 6th, 2005 at 12:55 am

nick won

8. delicia Says:
    October 6th, 2005 at 10:19 am

you are very right about the camara work it was horrible how they did it.

9. Anonymous Says:
    October 6th, 2005 at 12:24 pm

Show the dancing! Not some phony nosed, phoney lipped, phony boobed, “I think I’m better than Seacrest”, nobody host. It’s a competition. Show the competitors dancing. I don’t want to see the announcers at football game.

10. Gee Says:
    October 7th, 2005 at 6:21 pm

I think that both Melody and Nick truly deserved to be on top. It’s just too bad there’s only one champion but they are both #1 to me. I love Melody she is an incredible dancer. You can see the difference when she performed next to Ashley. Melody’s single body parts moved graciously while Ashley still has her flaw. Nick however is really good too but I still think Melody should have won.

11. Nephew Says:
    October 10th, 2005 at 10:29 am

Ey guys on tha finali, there was a bboy performance.. it was tight.. do u guys kno wuts tha krew name cus i missed it.. sumthing goooveyluv? i dunno but man it was nice.. can sumone give it to me maybe juss post it up.. ight then payce

12. Blake Says:
    October 10th, 2005 at 12:09 pm

DUDE. Blake so should have been there instead of Jamile. OMG. Blake is so much of a better dancer, all Jamile could do was hip-hop. I can’t believe they voted off Blake. :(

13. Marri Says:
    October 11th, 2005 at 8:33 am

I didn’t like the fact that blake was so egotistical, he totally lacked in the personality department, Nick on the other hand has it all.
    I hope he wins

14. A Says:
    October 11th, 2005 at 7:15 pm

This was a dance competition correct. Blake was probably one of the best dancers I have ever seen. His lines and techniques were fascinating to watch. Nick was also a very powerful dancer but there was something about the way Blake moved his entire body as a whole. I thought he was incredible. This is what I dislike when the viewers vote, you vote on personality when you should be voting on talent. Do you think every artist you listen to or every performer you watch is as sweet as pie?

15. K Says:
    October 17th, 2005 at 8:37 pm

I don’t think jamile should have been in the top 4. I couldn’t believe when they kicked Blake out!

16. Rae Says:
    October 19th, 2005 at 10:04 pm

Hey
    Just a comment on Jay’s about the dances they choose4 on the show…. I agree with most ofwhat you said but you should understand their reason for choosing ‘old-fashion’ dances.

Just like the evolution of music from african-american rhythms to eventually ragtime and blues and now modern day music, dance is the same and must come from somewhere. Hiphop is a very unique style and therefore is a good choice, and lyrical can be considered more modern as well as latin dance which is popular today. But what else are they going to choose if not the original real dances? britney spears pop? I appreciate that we can watch this show and learn about all the interesting types of dances instead of simply throwing them away for whatever is most ‘common or liked’ by people like you. Don’t be dissapointed in the show, love dance for All that it is!

17. mariam from kuwait Says:
    July 29th, 2006 at 11:30 am

i hope Jamile McGee wins
    i love him very mutch and i hope i have his email but from where

18. mariam from kuwait Says:
    July 29th, 2006 at 11:32 am

i hope Jamile McGee wins
    i love him very mutch and i hope i have his email but from where

19. uniqe_queen Says:
    July 31st, 2006 at 6:12 pm

i hope ashle wins or jmail coz nick he just move and dance like women

20. semhar Says:
    December 5th, 2006 at 2:30 am

i love melody so i hope she will win

Comments