The Apprentice Martha Stewart – Jim Curses & Lies But Still Survives

October 20, 2005 12:15 AM by Joe Blackmon

Jim_jennifer

It’s episode five of The Apprentice Martha Stewart and Jim Bozzini continues to push the envelope.  Martha Stewart decides that it’s time to do something about Matchstick’s losing streak and she reshuffles the teams.  Ryan and Jennifer are asked to take turns picking members for new teams.

Martha shows up via satellite again to assign the teams their challenge of creating a new salad dressing for Wishbone.  Matchstick comes up with Rosemary Lime Vinaigrette, while Primarius comes up with Asian Vinaigrette.

Jim takes an unusual approach to selling salad dressing for his team Primarius.  He spouts out one liners to customers telling them “don’t’ be shy, give it a try,” “it’s been known to cures warts,” “no obligation to buy sir, we’ll just browbeat you until you do,” and “massage the wife’s feet, she’ll love it.”  One customer overhears Jim telling Howie “they don’t have the f****** balls” and complains to the store manager.  The store manager tells Jim that a customer complained about him using the f-word, and Jim lies to the store manager telling him, “No, not once.”

Martha Stewart likes both salad dressings, but the task comes down to sales.  Matchstick brings in $20 more in revenue than Primarius.  For their reward, Matchstick wins a trip on a schooner.

In the boardroom, Martha decides that it’s going to be between Jennifer and Jim for elimination.  Martha’s advisor Charles sums it up as “I think we’re dealing with a nut on one hand and a weak manager on the other hand.”  Martha decides that it’s more interesting to have a live wire around than someone who is an ineffectual manager, and she tells Jennifer, “You’re just not working for me.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for The Apprentice: Martha Stewart news.  For other great The Apprentice: Martha Stewart news, please also check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Martha Stewart.

Topics: The Apprentice: Martha Stewart |

13 Responses to “The Apprentice Martha Stewart – Jim Curses & Lies But Still Survives”

1. Anonymous Says:
    October 20th, 2005 at 9:21 am

I wonder what it will take for Jim to get fired. I can’t take much more of his sleazy mouth; he won’t even shut up for one second in the board -er conference room. He should step up as project manager and lead his team to disaster so that Martha finally gets rid of him. I can kinda see getting rid of the weak manager first, but Jim has virtually no chance of winning, or am I the crazy one???

2. Kathe DuBois Says:
    October 20th, 2005 at 9:52 am

I can understand that Martha had to get rid of a weak manager, but Jim is a sleaz ball. He has an ego a mile long and a mouth to match. Instead of selling the salad dressing with “class,” he sold it with “krass.” He is a loud mouth and needs to be eliminated. Can anyone even imagine being on a team with him in the real world?

3. Virtual Apprentice Says:
    October 20th, 2005 at 10:13 am

Actually, I can imagine being on a team with Jim in real life. He would be a great driving force! (What you are missing here is that he is on a team of 1 here and knows it. – He is only fighting for himself.) Look at the job he did in his area of expertise which was graphic design. It was very good! That said, he does need to tone it down a bit. I thought the worst example out there this week was Leslie who was putting bottles in other peoples carts without their knowledge. Terrible.

4. Anonymous Says:
    October 20th, 2005 at 10:21 am

You’re right, Virtual Apprentice, Leslie was totally inappropriate in her sales approach, too. Both of them, Jim AND Leslie, should have been fired ON THE SPOT for their behavior in this task. Alexis and Chuck should have that power. Neither one will ever BE The Apprentice. It becomes rather anticlimatic to see someone get fired weeks later when you KNOW they are doomed from the start. As with Dawn last week, it’s just a sigh of relief.

5. Brendan Tait Says:
    October 20th, 2005 at 11:30 am

Even though Jennifer was a terribly weak manager, Jim should have been fired. 5 weeks of Jim is enough. He’s way too confrontational. I mean, it would be completely different if he were right 100% of the time, but hes usually wrong 100% of the time.

6. Anonymous Says:
    October 20th, 2005 at 4:24 pm

Where did they get these candidates?

7. Donna Says:
    October 20th, 2005 at 8:59 pm

Did anyone catch the opening where Jim slapped one of his female teamates on the Butt as they were leaving ??? Could you imagine that happening in Martha’s workplace ?? Someone should have broght that up !!!

8. Tee Says:
    October 21st, 2005 at 11:14 am

LETTER TO MARTHA:

Martha,

Tonight was the first time I watched your show and the last time.I was never a fan but I defended you when you were on trial. I never cared for your personality but I supported you because you had a great product and you had great intent and dreams.

But after watching your show for the first time tonight, I will never, ever buy another one of your products. Why? Your true colors shown through tonight Martha.

I would have done exactly as Jennifer had if I were in that position. I believe that if Donald Trump had resided he would have dismissed the creep (Jim? Loud mouth, arrogant, obnoxious brute, bully, rude, self absorbed, in a lot of pain, inconsiderate, poor excuse for a team player) with his collected strikes against him.

I don’t know your rules, but as a person who has held many managerial positions as well as teacher, I would have gotten rid of him. If dismissal was not an option, then Jennifer’s decision was the most sound. Control him? If one has to control an employee, then that employee is a high risk. To risk him becoming explosive by placing him in an other position would have been very risky in deed. To put him with the team player who was making salads would have been a fiasco. He would have continued with his brashness upsetting every one further. And who knows, he might have begun venting. When you are making food, it is better to be calm and focused. Jim is an instigator. He’s a bully. Not a team player. You are at fault for allowing him to have continued this far.

I continued to realize that you might have even used him from the very beginning to direct your anger at Jennifer, a D.A. She had no offenses. She told you exactly why she made her decision to keep him where he was. I saw your bottled rage uncapped for a few seconds, then secured tightly. You set a team up to fail to get back at the District Attorney for your own personal gain, at the expense of everyone else’s failure. How evil. How cruel. And you know what, I’m not the only one who saw it.

I’m not a journalist, but I can’t imagine reporters not having a field day with you for your vendetta. You were so remarkably transparent. AMAZING! I saw it and so did everyone else.

You know how those reporters make things up. Well, I can imagine them having a ball with you. And you know what else? Your ratings may go down and sponsors might pull out, and you may loose sales and so forth, but if you bring her back and apologies. Say that what you did was personal and had nothing to do with her, things may reverse for you. But even if they do not, you would have had the opportunity to show the public, that yes we all make mistakes. If YOU will take responsibility and be big enough to apologize and say what you did and why, that it really had nothing to do with her as much as what she represented to you people would see you are human but responsible and compassionate.

Martha, I hope that you get to see the tape of your show and come to this conclusion for your own inner peace and spiritual growth. You have been blessed with an opportunity here. I hope that you can see that.

And I have to say that towards the end, I personally felt that I had been dealt a sucker punch right to the ol’ abdomen. Yes, my jaw dropped and I was outraged. The failure of that team rest on your shoulders. You kept an individual, who had a bad record become, once again, part of a team. This team had no chance to win. And you should apologize to them as well. Be honest.

If you did this, I would probably buy your products again. But as it stands, I wouldn’t even waste my energy talking about the horrific way you conducted yourself tonight. If someone else brings it up, I would probably put my two cents worth in. A friend of mine even said that she was gonna boycott your products. Ooops. It’s starting already.

I truly hope that you can see through your hatred and pain and view what really happened on your show and take responsibility and do the right thing.

I wish you all of the very best that life has to offer. And remember not only do you reap what you sew, but you create adventures/situations in your life to create lessons from which you grow, become wiser, compassionate and most of all be who you really are: LOVE.

Peace,

World Traveler

9. Judidi Says:
    October 21st, 2005 at 1:46 pm

Actually I think that Martha should have fired the manager-which she did and make a special exception and send that nimrod Jim home–Martha said it herself: Rule One: The customer is always right. Rule Two: See rule one.
    He offended the buying public with his action and behaviors and nearly got his entire team booted off of the sales site. Customers wanted him gone. And the customer is what?????????
    I think that the pm may have been intimidated and frightened by Jim.
    I say Fire em both.

10. Papa Jack Says:
    October 23rd, 2005 at 5:36 pm

I think Martha is playing the TV ratilngs game when she keeps Jim over Jennifer. She knows that Jim is bipolar and a loose cannon that can never work for her as a manager. She may be able to hire him and keep him chained in a cage in the back of her farmhouse but won’t be able to let him out into the public as one of her managers. Jen may seem weak, but she was right in thinking that confronting Jim would have make him melt down right in front of the store’s customers and would have gotten them thrown out of the store.

Martha knows that conflict is the meat of good novels and sells story lines. If Jen had confronted Jim the team would have been thrown out of the store and she would have been fired by Martha for being a bad manager in confronting Jim at the wrong time and place and causing him to blow up.

So Martha would have gotten rid of Jen no matter what she did because as she said that that “a live-wire was more interesting than a patsy.”

Martha’s choice was not honest to the theme of the show which is billed as a job interview. Martha’s choice was totally influenced by trying to produce a more controversial TV reality show.

In simple terms Martha is not true to the theme of the show. That’s not to say that Donald doesn’t do the same thing. I’ve seen him fire contestants on his show purely for rating considerations also.

I guess people in high places tend to lower their moral and ethical standards. A better format would be to let the audience decide who gets fired but that might look too much like a talent contest. Oh, I forgot, that’s what we’re looking for, talent, which is what a good manager has.

11. Anonymous Says:
    October 24th, 2005 at 10:44 am

I did not think that people in high places even comprehended the concept of moral and ethical standards.

As for the question of where they get these applicants I think I know the answer. I swear that a couple of my sons did their wife hunting at a local mental health clinic.:)

12. Anonymous Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 9:32 am

Martha’s morning show is TERRIFIC but her Apprentice show sux.

13. Anonymous Says:
    November 21st, 2005 at 12:05 am

Jim has proven to be the strongest businessman of all. He will be in the final.

Comments