In An Apprentice Shocker, Trump Fires Four

October 27, 2005 10:26 PM by Joe Blackmon

Four_firedIt was a boardroom massacre on The Apprentice.  Previews from last week, already had many fans buzzing that Trump might fire two candidates.  However, Trump cleaned house and fired an unprecedented four candidates.  In an episode that starts off with Trump away on business and Carolyn Kepcher in charge, the teams are reshuffled in an attempt to even things out.

The new Capital Edge consists of Alla, Randal, Felisha, Clay, Adam, and Markus.  The new Excel consists of Josh, Rebecca, Marshawn, Jennifer, Mark, James, and Brian.  The assigned task for the teams is to create an interactive sports event at Dick’s Sporting Goods.  The goal is to generate the highest increase in sales revenue through their event.

Alla is project manager for Capital Edge, and she proves to be a tough and well-organized project manager.  Alla understands the whole task is about sales and makes sure that the event doesn’t close customers off from the merchandise.  Josh is the project manager for Excel, and his team also creates an exciting display.  However, Josh overlooks the importance of sales in the event.  Excel draws a crowd for their baseball display, but a batting cage in the display blocks people from the merchandise.

The end result is that Capital Edge generates a 74% increase in sales in their department, while Excel actually causes a 34% decrease in sales in their department.  Capital Edge agrees unanimously that Alla deserves an exemption for her role as project manager.  For their reward, Capital Edge gets to go deep sea fishing and is given a lobster feast on the beach.

In the boardroom, Trump is not happy with Excel, telling them that “this is the worst defeat we’ve ever had.”  Trump sends Brian, Rebecca, and Marshawn back up to the suite, but asks the other four members of Excel to return to the boardroom.  In an Apprentice shocker, Trump fires all four candidates: Josh, Jennifer, Mark, and James.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for The Apprentice news.  For other great The Apprentice news, please also check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice.

Topics: The Apprentice |

27 Responses to “In An Apprentice Shocker, Trump Fires Four”

1. Not much of a TV watcher, but wouldn't miss this. Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 12:28 am

Great show tonight. The contestants that were horrible in mostly all of the previous the weeks finally got the boot. Jennifer should have gotten it last week but Mr. Trump gave her the benefit of the doubt as she kept stating she was the best of the lot. Well she wasn’t and that whole group was horrible. Mr. Trump is in the Reality Series to get the best possible contestant and those 4 were horrible. I think his first year was great and Bill Ransek (sp) was a great contestant and has proven himself many times over. There is one other contestant that is riding on the others apron strings and I am sure his days are numbered also. I wasn’t much of a Caroline Fan until tonight but she now has started to voice her opinions and since she has worked for Mr. Trump for 10 years she must be doing something right. I like it when George speaks up. I have no favorites. I just like watching.

2. Mary Roberts Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 4:39 am

I think the best part of the episode was seeing all four of them pushed together in the cab. Couldn’t one of them sit in the front

3. Kitt Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 6:11 am

I thought this was AWESOME!! I loved it!! and I thought it was hilarious too that they all crammed into one cab, especially with them looking so uncomfortable and not saying a single word!!

but the funniest bit was at the very end when they spoofed star wars with a fake trailer, and the donald fired CHEWBACCA!!! the donald is saying, “no on can understand a WORD YOU SAY, and…you’re fired!”. I never laughed so hard in my life, esp. when chewie heads to the elevator w/ his little pink sutcase. HILARIOUS!! thank God for tivo — I played it over and over.

4. Kitt Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 6:15 am

5. kitt Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 6:16 am

sorry for the duplicate post. and I have no idea who “mary roberts” is!!!

6. mawa Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 10:19 am

I don’t understand how firing four people at once won’t significantly shorten the show. If someone is to be fired once a week, now the show is three weeks ahead of time.

7. Moon Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 11:58 am

I was disappointed that Josh was fired. He totally blew this week’s task but it weeks past we was one of the stronger players. I think I liked the show better when they showed more of the tasks and you really got to know the contestants better. This show, there are way too many people below the radar. I’d feel sorry for James and Marc getting fired but I barely knew they were on the show, so I don’t think I’ll miss them. Jennifer had to go. Josh blew it, but I think he could have recovered. Oh well. What I’ve definitely noticed on this show are much more immature contestants. There’s a tremendous amount of petty bickering and not a lot of focus on the task at hand. I know that Trump hand picked this year’s continents but I think it’s the worst group yet. He chose a bunch of successful sales people who are used to working independently. None of them have any management skills or know how to work well in group tasks. Maybe by getting rid of all the weak players the show will get more interesting. I’d like to see more of the high quality people and can’t wait to see Adam, Markus and Clay fired so the rest of them can battle it out.

8. Hans Solo Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 12:04 pm

This show was The Donald at his best. We start with The Donald at play and have a surrogate in charge, cool. Carolyn is clear concise and in charge; and not to mention easy on the eyes. Those instructions she gave at the beginning even Omorosa could understand. Next we have Alla showing that she is there to win. Then we come to the three stooges and the beauty queen. To call them stupid would be too kind in reality they are just flat out morons. I agree with previous post the funny part was the cram in the back of the cab. I must admit that when I figured out that was CHEWBACCA at the end I was laughing at my self because I thought that was Toral Metha after a week of not shaving.

Hans Solo

9. mac Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 12:06 pm

To Mary Roberts:
    No one sat in front of the cab because that’s where the camera man had to sit.

To Kitt:
    Mary Roberts didn’t say anything to you or about you. What’s up?

10. Stella Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 12:08 pm

Seeing the four of them scrunched up together in the back of the cab was hilarious! I was wondering if there would be four cabs waiting to take them away. But if there were then it wouldn’t have been a “surprise” ending.

11. Moon Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 12:15 pm

We need to place odds on the final 4. My picks would be Marshawn, Alla, Rebecca and Randal

12. Anonymous Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 12:28 pm

Bill Ransic is Hotttt!!!

13. Kitt Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 12:56 pm

to hans solo (what a fitting name!)

“mary roberts” is the name attached to my first (of 2 identical) post(s). no idea how that name got there. just look above and you’ll see.

14. Kitt Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 12:58 pm

oh — oops — I’m wrong. nevermind (on the mary roberts). I get it. the names are BELOW the line!!)

15. mac Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 1:49 pm

Kitt:
    Very Good! ! !

16. Brett Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 2:48 pm

I watched the first season, but have ignored every other until this one (still not sure why).

Honestly, I think he could have easily fired Jennifer and Josh. Easily. I think firing the other two, especially Marc, was just an obviously contrived “big moment” thing to do. Marc especially didn’t deserve to be fired. Inept as he may have been, it wasn’t his fault that they failed.

But whatever, I’ll keep watching this season, just hate when reality shows start actively interfering in the shows like this. It was a conscious decision to switch the teams up because the producers didn’t want it to look like men are better at business than women, due to the women’s team losing so badly each and every week.

The fact that Marcus and Clay are still around is a freaking joke.

One last thing: Rebecca is a major babe.

17. freakgrrrrrl Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 5:35 pm

Wow that episode was awesome! I was thinking to myself “okay… whose he gonna fire?”. Then WAMMO! They`re all fired! It was definately one of the best episodes that I have seen. A TRUE shocker. (well, it wasn`t a complete shocker, but you get what I mean.)

18. Veronica Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 10:26 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY i’m happy Jen is gone karma’s a butch baby!!

19. Anonymous Says:
    October 28th, 2005 at 10:55 pm

That taxi ride was pretty awkward, I loved it, LOL!

20. CBM Says:
    October 29th, 2005 at 7:43 pm

Brett –

Ah man! .. if you only watched the first one until now …. you missed the OMAROSA fiasco! What a LOSER!!!!! Transparent as glass! she was/is!!!

*********
    I am also glad Jennifer is gone – got real old watching her ‘swish’ her blonde locks over her shoulder before entering the room every time – ‘strike a pose’ -gag

21. Ross Says:
    October 31st, 2005 at 3:04 am

It was a great ending. Just wondering how late the other contestants will wait up for someone to come back from the boardroom. Maybe they will figure it out the next morning.

22. Rita Says:
    November 1st, 2005 at 9:24 pm

I think the producers of the show probably brought in extra people so that Trump could ‘create some drama’ and freak everyone out.

My guess is he probably had around 4 or 5 extra people that he could fire on whim.

23. Anonymous Says:
    November 3rd, 2005 at 9:06 am

it’s Bill RANCIC………..

24. Tubular Says:
    November 15th, 2005 at 12:00 am

They’re all morons, really

The Apprentice Season 4 “Store Wars” Nov. 10, 2005 The Task: Sell the Star Wars Episode III DVD. The Method: Create an “interactive” store display for Best Buy. The Measurement: Execs from Lucasfilm judged the display. Team Leader for Excell:…

25. Tubular Says:
    November 15th, 2005 at 12:02 am

They’re all morons, really

26. Tubular Says:
    November 15th, 2005 at 12:03 am

They’re all morons, really

27. Tubular Says:
    December 13th, 2005 at 11:00 pm

They’re all morons, really

The Apprentice Season 4 Nov. 10, 2005 The Task: Sell the Star Wars Episode III DVD. The Method: Create an “interactive” store display for Best Buy. The Measurement: Execs from Lucasfilm judged the display. Team Leader for Excell: Brian. Team…

Comments