Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy Premieres On Fox

November 02, 2005 12:01 AM by Joe Blackmon

Two mothers with very different beliefs trade lives, leading to a dramatic homecoming, on the two-part season premiere of TRADING SPOUSES: MEET YOUR NEW MOMMY beginning Wednesday, Nov. 2 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Marguerite Perrin of Ponchatoula, LA, and Jeanne D’amico-Flisher of Boxborough, MA, trade places to try out the ultimate life change – leaving their families to take over a clan from another walk of life.  As they meet each other’s families and instill their own set of rules, chaos ensues. Then, during the dramatic conclusion airing Wednesday, Nov. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), viewers find out how each mom distributes the other family’s $50,000 prize and what caused one mom’s major meltdown after she returns home to her family.

Perrin, a fiercely religious Christian, and her family are from Ponchatoula, LA – a town outside New Orleans. She and her husband Barry live with their two daughters, Ashley and Brooke, and their granddaughter, Ashley’s daughter Abigail. Perrin’s largest concern is with anyone who doesn’t have God in his or her life. She believes such people are lost and could negatively affect her children.  A deeply devout and vocal woman, Perrin strives to ensure that only godly people are around her, having low tolerance for anyone she doesn’t think is worthy.

In sharp contrast to Perrin, D’Amico-Flisher and her family are passionate about hypnotherapy, tarot cards and pressure healing. Husband Chris enjoys practicing astrology and believes that one’s astrological sign is his or her owner’s manual – that a person’s personality adheres to the rules of his or her Zodiac sign. The couple met on a dating website and were married shortly thereafter; when they met, Chris was a widower and Jeanne was divorced.  Jeanne’s children include Matthew, Elliot and Emma, and Chris is the father of 13-year-old Miles.

Topics: Trading Spouses |

59 Responses to “Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy Premieres On Fox”

1. Olivia Says:
    November 2nd, 2005 at 10:26 pm

Woooooooow… I am so glad that I do not live anywhere near the Bible Belt.

2. Sandi Puckett Says:
    November 3rd, 2005 at 8:28 am

UNREAL!
    Hopefully I won’t sound rude or whatever but last night’s show really blew my mind! I believe everyone is entitled to their own belief systems. BUT…Mrs. Perrin,@ least from my perception,is a bit fanatical!
    She-I’m assuming-would’ve had to have agreed to & signed some sort of contract,etc. to appear on this show,RIGHT? With all her preaching I cannot understand why she even agreed to appear on this particular show or any other for that matter!
    As I’ve stated,she’s entitled to her beliefs but so is the other family & obviously her supposed “Godly” ways don’t include having consideration or any respect for the other family’s belief’s!
    She’s a contradiction unto herself! I also feel she needs extreme psychological counseling,ASAP! Observing her outbursts & just the look in her eyes? She’s really frightening!
    Can’t wait to see next week’s show! UNREAL! JUST UNREAL!

3. Anonymous Says:
    November 3rd, 2005 at 9:17 am

This show absolutely sucks and should NEVER be strewn over a 2-week period. It should only be an hour show, IF THAT.

I think the pairing up of the two different families is the ultimate problem. The Perrin wife/mother is totally out of control and is a racist/bigot against anyone who does not espouse Xtianity! I wonder how she would’ve reacted if the other family was either a black family or even a Jewish family or what if it were a MUSLIM family.

Mrs. Perrin should LOOK IN THE FREAKEN MIRROR and see just HOW NOT IN TOUCH WITH JESUS CHRIST SHE IS. She is a pig, a horse, a person totally out of control regarding her body and eating habits. And she espouses JESUS? What a hypocrite!

‘jes my 2 cents

4. Dementia Says:
    November 3rd, 2005 at 6:11 pm

I believe this women needs some good drugs to take care of her psychotic tendencies , any person claiming to be a “God Warrior” but to curse like a sailor on national TV as well as discriminate against others for their beliefs has serious issues or just plain cant read what they claim to have read ,the bible states all people are equal no matter their religious preferences I hope this woman watches herself on the TV and see what an ASS she truelly is and what a complete HYPOCRITE she is .Maybe she should re-read the bible she claims to love so much!! And pay a little more attention to her daughters and they wouldnt end up knocked up at 15 or be so easily conformed to others beliefs especially complete strangers !!! Ordering people around isnt love it is domination and cruel , to have your husband afraid to be a man in his on home is sickening!!as for the friend who was rude and fanatical also who gives either of you the right to judge ?Isnt the saying “let he who is without sin cast the first stone” ? I dont believe there is anyone in this world without of some form of sin in their lives or pasts.

my opinion seek psychiatric help immediately for yourself and your families sake!!!!!!!!

5. freakgrrrrrl Says:
    November 3rd, 2005 at 6:55 pm

That lady was CRAZY! What she did to that phsycic was just plain rude. Just because he`s able to see into the future or whatever doesn`t mean he`s “of the devil”. And her friend was just as assy. First she goes nad starts asking about the lady`s religous beliefs-which is none of her business- then when she starts to get an answer she starts interupting and is all like” So you`re Not a christan?”. That episode was just plain horrible and the sad part was that it`s only halfway through. Leave it to Fox to mix up stupidity with entertainment.

6. David Star Says:
    November 5th, 2005 at 8:42 pm

I am definitely in agreement with the other posters!

M.Perrin is a real messed up human, who needs massive help.

She is Not a Christian in any sense of the meaning.
    Her friends apparantly also like to judge others, and if anyone is doing something they don’t believe in, well, it is too bad for them.

I think the producers set this up, to some degree, as that is what they like to have happen, and that is how you get ratings.

I only watched (1st time), because of the commercial for the episode with the above people.

Do not care much for the show, but can see this confrontation, as having some value.

I truly feel sorry for the ones living permanantly with M.Perrin.
    They need to be saints to live with her.

Dave

7. Mr. S. Miller R.N. Says:
    November 5th, 2005 at 10:21 pm

This was the first time me and my family watched the show. M.Perrin has some serious confidence problems. I think that they are related to her morbid obesity and the fact that when she is removed from her little comfort zone and has to deal with the real world she falls to pieces. She is using religion to shut the real world out. If she knew anything about Jesus Christ she would know that you must not judge others. You must witness by example. Not with a hammer. FYI, I am a combat veteran and am by no means perfect. I just take one day at a time. She should try it.

8. ReTodd Says:
    November 6th, 2005 at 4:30 pm

Yeeeeeeeesh. What a freak. And what hypocrites her friends were. I hate all of them.

Can’t wait until next week though.

9. Vivien Snyder Says:
    November 7th, 2005 at 9:25 pm

I totally agree with everyone else.
    Mrs. Perrin is a pyscho!!!!
    I am a Christian and I was not taught to be outright rude about other people’s religion’s.
    I was taught to accept others and not to judge them just because of their religion.
    Mrs. Perrin really needs to rethink her “Christian” polocies.
    I can’t wait to see the finale

10. Vivien Snyder Says:
    November 7th, 2005 at 9:26 pm

I totally agree with everyone else.
    Mrs. Perrin is a pyscho!!!!
    Mrs. Perrin really needs to rethink her “Christian” polocies.
    I can’t wait to see the finale

11. Barry Perrin Says:
    November 8th, 2005 at 2:20 pm

Margaret is only doing the very best she knows how to. Sure she is not perfect, but who of us is?

This episode on television is doing the devils work of turning public opinion away from Christianity and toward the friendlier, darker, better looking occult world, where Jesus cannot be found.

12. Barry Perrin Says:
    November 8th, 2005 at 2:24 pm

13. Barry Perrin Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 2:17 am

14. Sandi Puckett Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 11:29 am

Tonight is the final half for “Trading Spouses” & for only my 2nd time of actually watching a reality show,probably for it’s full hour(or whatever)it should be very interesting!
    I am rather surprised that this is being aired with all involved agreeing to do so! I agree,I hope Margaret did actually take a good look at herself when she got to view the finished product & looked into her heart just how(my own opinion)”UN-CHRISTIAN” her actions were!
    I believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. “The work of the devil”? Life,no matter what it is or how you manage it-only you,yourself could possibly make it the “work of the devil”!
    My family linage is “blessed or cursed”(depending)with having the “6th sense”. My Maternal Grandmother utilized “it”-my own Mother(a strong Catholic)feared it! Me? A little of both. But none of us did or do “the devils work”!
    My beliefs & practices are my own & this is why I live in this particular country(USA)for the freedom to practice whatever I believe in.
    Margaret,I almost feel some sympathy for her! But mainly for her family!
    All I’d like to add is that her anger & frustration shows me that she fears the unknown. That’s obvious! If you believe in prayer,pray for her & her family. They NEED IT!
    Probably I will be back to comment after tonight. Unfortunately,as sick as this may be,I have to see the finale.
    Sandi

15. Jesse Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 11:40 am

This is a comment for Mr. Perrin.
    While I realize your wife believes she is only doing what is best for her family. She must realize that she has done was not appropraite. I agree with you that this episode will turn more and more people away from Christ. The greatest argument against Christianity are Christians like Mrs. Perrin. Jesus preached love and acceptance. Not rage and uncontrolled outbursts. I believe it is the right and DUTY of the christian population to emulate the love Christ bears for us all…even the astrologists, so that others might be attacted to Christ through the love of his flock. Even if she had only intended to voice her dislike for the other families beliefs, then she should have done it in a Christian way-with love, and acceptance-Not screaming like a child.

16. Christina Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 12:47 pm

>>This episode on television is doing the devils work of turning public opinion away from Christianity>toward the friendlier, darker, better looking occult world, where Jesus cannot be found.

17. Christina Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 12:50 pm

Hmmm.. somehow part of my post disappeared.

18. Barry Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 1:18 pm

Even though my wife Margaret is a bad actor, both on television and in Christianity, she longs to be a God-person. And God can use absolutely anybody. Take Peter in the Bible. He lopped off somebodies ear with his sword. Could be that Peter was really aiming for the guys neck and the guy swerved or ducked. Peter was not practicing love and acceptance! Pretty much, this is worse than anything Margaret has done. Jesus merely told him to put his knife away and then proceded to fuse the ear back to its rightful owner.

Peter also denied he knew Jesus three times before the cock crowed, just as Jesus told him he would.

Peter was also very boisterous, loud mouthed, and pretty much obnoxious, not to mention impulsive. Peter was far from “appropriate” !! Could the term “appropriate” mean the same thing as “politically correct”? I think so.

Peter went on to be a great apostle. Just an example to show that there really is hope for my wife.

Another thing I’d like to address: The television producers could have made our family look very proper with the right editing of the footage. They could have made the other family look like fools instead. But they did not. They chose to show what they did. I claim the producers have a very large bias in showing Christians in this manner. Conversely, they want the occult to look so nice and acceptable.

I’d like you all to have a look at two websites I found very interesting:

19. Jess Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 9:42 pm

Hey Barry,

You don’t know how to spell your own wife’s name? Hmmm….

(BTW, it’s Marguerite)

20. Roxanne Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 10:21 pm

This is for Mr. Perrin.

First off, the show is about ratings. They place your wife with a family who do not have the same belief as you do. I am sure the FOX already knew your wife’s beliefs, profile and reaction. Also, I respect your belief on Christianity however I am appauled of how your wife does not respect anyone else’s religion or belief. I believe that intension of the Flishers was for your wife to have an open mind not to change her. Not only did your wife’s behavior was unacceptable but she just showed how racist she is. Thank you for insulting every Asian, Jews, Indian, etc.

After watching the show, I am suprised your wife decided to take the “devil’s” decision on how the money is going to be spent you and your family. It was generous and non-religious. Jeanne did well of listening and thinking of all of you. OH the devil she is.

You should have stuck to your guns and not accepted the money. If you didn’t have kids, you really don’t deserve that money.

I hope your prayers are strong because your going to need it for the humilation your wife has done to you and your family.

21. ray Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 10:46 pm

>> As far as 6th sense stuff goes: that is what psychics use. This is also related to channeling and talking with the dead. The bible forbids such activity. It is not of God. Anything that brings glory to humans is taking glory away from God. Sorry to be so blunt about it.

22. Pamela Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 10:58 pm

I just watched the show, and I almost fell off my chair. I wonder if Marguerite has read the Bible enough to know that gluttony is a sin. Gastric bypass surgery? Vanity is also a sin! Her inability to even hear about her host family’s way of life, and her intolerance, leaves me to wonder……” Is this what the Natives, the Africans, the Incas and countless other “pagans” faced when they first encountered Christianity? If I ever had to face that, I’d convert too. I want to smack that self- rightousness right out of her!

23. Lilly Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 11:43 pm

Did you see the spirit attempt to keep that poor revolting woman out of the house by invoking a noxious smell? Negative entities can cause unsuspecting people to believe in anything, even to the point of using the bible as a tool. The ‘uneasiness’ she felt around spiritual people was probably a reaction of the negative in her to a positive energy. This show was unbelievable!

24. Lilly Says:
    November 9th, 2005 at 11:52 pm

And by the way, today’s bible was written by flunkies of past politicians, as a way to discredit any idea that would take power away from the government/church/whatever. The original Greek version of the bible not only contains several Gospels that were “conveniently” lost by power greedy authorities, but contains instructions on how to use the energies given to us by the ultimate creator. If you want to follow the bible, learn greek and follow the original, albeit written 50 years after the Christs death.

25. Dave Martin Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 12:50 am

It’s good to be reminded of how out out there a fanatic of any religion can be.

26. Dave Martin Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 1:00 am

It’s good to be reminded of how out out there a fanatic of any religion can be.

27. Kathy Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 1:24 am

I was shocked the hatred that was coming out of Marguerita’s mouth. She has no regard or respect for other people’s opinion or beliefs. The biggest problem I had was what she was teaching her children and grandchild. I would never in my life go off in such a manner that would teach my children how to hate people and the intolerance of others. Maybe what Marguerita needs to do is take a step back and ask herself why is she so afraid of people who are different? She needs to get out in the world and learn to love people for who they are and not what their religious beliefs are. Also she needs to remind herself that Jeanne treated her family with the respect and love she would have given her own kids. That is what is important and nothing else.

28. buzzbee Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 1:45 am

When I first saw the show, I thought yeah! let’s see this!

And then I saw it and I just felt very very sad for the Perrin family. They are controlled by someone who has borderline personality disorder or something similar or worse.

I feel most sorry for those poor girls who had to witness someone so out of control and then have the whole world know what a nutcase they have for a mother. It was truly a sad situation. The woman needs mental help.

Anyone who gets that overweight has some very big issues, no pun intended. Overweight is one thing; her size is glutony, laziness, and if she truly is a Christian, not realizing God says your body is a temple and to treat it that way.

It’s obvious Mrs. Perrin’s life is not working for her, so she defuses her unhappiness into tirades and onto other people. Most likely anything that takes her out of her comfort zone – her couch and kitchen – she simply can’t handle.

I just came into Christianity, and am what you might consider ‘borne again’. But her conduct is so opposite of what I’ve learned that I have doubts to her ‘religiousness’. The other family, the father and mother mainly, acted more ‘christian’ than Mrs. Perrin. I’m not judging, just observing.

I don’t think this was an effort to show the dark side and convert people to the dark side. I think it was a great demonstration of love versus hate. The other mother was nothing but love, really. Perrin was nothing but hate.

As Jesus/God teaches it’s not what you say, but how you act that is the true test of whether you are ‘Godly’ or not.

To have that woman blame her daughter for not praying for her shows this woman doesn’t understand Christianity.

I can only hope (and pray) the poor woman gets the counseling she needs. It’s just not working for her and it’s not the ‘dark side’ that has caused her problems, that’s for sure

29. linda Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 2:00 am

Here are some observations I thought might be of interest…

Many people may not have picked up on it, but the youngest child is Ashley’s, Mrs. Perrin’s oldest daughter. That means the poor girl got pregnant out of wedlock.

And did you notice how Ashley didn’t really mother her own child, but instead badgered her poor younger sister?

And then when Mrs. Perrin came home she blamed Ashley for what happened?

Wow! This is a really dysfunctional family.

Being ‘Christian’ obviously doesn’t mean following the ‘Christian rules’.

Very very very very sad.

30. Anonymous Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 2:15 am

Barry,
    She is not even on the same planet as “perfect.” You folks have fallen into your very own dark side and Jesus is no where in sight. Snap out of it and take a look at yourselves (children excluded). You and Marguerite might consider how far Jesus would have gotten spreading the Word if he spoke and behaved with the venom spewing out of Marguerite.

31. Harmony Wiessner Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 2:47 am

Wow! I was raised in a “christian” home my whole life – church Sun. morn./night and Wed. night, and any other time the doors were open. I put the word christian in parenthesis because I’ve had to learn for myself what I believe. There is, or should be a natural feeling indide all of us about what is good, bad, right, or wrong etc… I have found that the way I was raised was very narrow minded. They took what the Bible said, or parts of it, and twisted it to fit how they wanted to use it. There are good ideas for how to live and treat others in the Bible, but I’m sure there are plenty of ideas in other religions or practices as well. I think in order for people to feel safe or more in control they need to put a name to what they believe. I was raised a baptist, but now I am a person who only visits churches rarely because of the hypocracy. It’s so fake. They call that little voice inside themselves the holy spirit, or their God conciousness. Is it fair to say that it could simply be their own inner guide? Call it what you like. Every religion has different names, but they all basically have the same things don’t they? We are all the same inside we just choose to pick a belief that seems the most reasonable for us. We are all searching. I do believe in God, but I feel that God is just a name, like John Doe, for the strongest powers in the universe (powers plural, because I don’t know if “God” is one being). I do feel that Mrs. Perrin was a shocking example, but one that is obviously oblivious about her own inconsistencies. She did contradict herself quite a bit. It seems as if she will continue to crush her youngest daughters spirit and have tight control of her. In the end she will see that no matter how tight her grip there will come a day when she won’t be able to do that. I know because I was the quite, submissive daughter raised with siblings in a very religious home. I was the one with the grossly overweight mom and the older sibling that could do no wrong. Maybe if Mrs.Perrin would get up herself and do half of the stuff she barks at her daughter to do, she could loose some weight. That goes for her older daughter too. She has her own child to look after. Her sister doesn’t need a second mom. That’s kinda like having a second a second case of chicken pocks. I loved the other family and only hope my kids are strong enough to stand for whatever they believe in like hers were. I would love to know more about what they do and what advice they might have for me. If Chris or Jeanne are reading this, please email me if you’d like @ blondiegreeneyes95687@yahoo.com. Thankyou. We’re all different, that what makes it so good.

32. John Brogan Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 9:33 am

I missed the show, but I found the video online at http://www.gifflix.com. It just has the end of the show with Margeruite flipping out. Did she act that crazy through the whole show???

33. Anonymous Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 9:39 am

Did anyone read the credits and stuff after the show last night? Marguerite changed her mind and took the money. Jeanne left her $20,000 for gastric bypass surgery that Marguerite wanted.

And if’n y’all think that was truly Barry Perrin posting up there, the *husband* of Marguerite, you’re all seriously deluded.

Marguerite was totally out of control whereas Jeanne was not. Jeanne was not oppressive while she visited Marguerite’s home. She GOT INVOLVED, whereas Marguerite sat (constantly sat down) and laid her judgements everywhere. She thinks she is GODDESS (?)

An awful pairing up of families in my opinion.

34. Sandi Puckett Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 12:02 pm

1st: To Lilly,
    Yes,you are SO ON about the Bible! I discovered this too that it has been done over(so to speak),in fact,one observation I was given was that there originally was written about “psychic powers” re-incarnation,etc. BUT the Catholic Church-back in 300 something(off hand cannot recall exact year-something like 356AD),ANYWAY,the then Pope & the political religious leaders of that time had decided that this info should be eliminated! For fear of not being able to control the masses of the time!
    I’ve done some research about all this & it is rather interesting! And GOD did NOT write the Bible! HUMAN BEINGS did & we’re all flawed to some extent. It’s very political!
    Now don’t take me wrong,the Bible is a good learning tool to live a good life by but I personally don’t believe it’s to be taken so literally! And ther are those “phrase-hoppers” who take one phrase out of context of the entire chapter & use it to prove a point. Just my thoughts!
    I laughed my butt off when the final credits were posted! After all that performance-she accepts the money! Ya think the money alloted for the by-pass surgery had something to help that along?
    NOW,she should have the surgery so that she can live longer for her family,that is,IF she’s able to get through the surgery & then maintain all it entails to remain weight controlled & healthy! But she also need to get into some sort of counseling,her & her entire family-ASAP!
    Granted,I’m sure the producers knew exactly what they were doing & it worked! They got someone such as myself who’s just so fed up with all the “reality shows” out there now to watch it,I’m guilty!
    But that poor lady really does have issues! Just from observing the faces of her family when she blew was frightening enough for me,imagine them!
    I was also irritated how she tried to make “Mr.F.” into the bad guy & how he supposedly tried shoving his beliefs on her! HELLO! From what I observed,he & the children were wonderful towards her-in comparison to her theatrics!
    Bless his heart! To actually make the attempt to take her to church with his entire family-that’s being “Christian -like”!
    I’m sorry but,as “Mrs. F” said that she believd that good would come out of the entire situation,let’s surely hope so,for all!
    Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs & I will say it once again-the so-called occult issue is NOT always the “work of the devil”! Do some real research into & about the original Bible & open your hearts & minds! There is so much to be learned & shared. Using religous beliefs to attack things you may not know about(not like you think you do)isn’t Christian in anyway! Take an example from the Middle East!
    We’re all here on this earth to try & live together as best as possible & we’re all God’s children! He/She created us all different but “in His/Her likeness”! Maybe we should try to get along! Ya think?
    PS: “Mr.P.”/Barry: Bless your heart! You obviously love your wife greatly to actually come here & defend her! I wish your entire family the best & with the “F.” family as well!
    I just feel all of you will have to utilize your beliefs to weather the after math this show has & will obviously bring on. May you all be able to do so!
    But PLEASE…do consider some sort of counseling,through your church or wherever you would be comfortable! Because your wife’s obvious rage is obviously a show that there’s something that has been bottled up inside her for some time! It couldn’t hurt. But again I’ll say this,I really do admire your love & loyalty towards your wife! I’m sure she is really a good person inside.
    In fact,just how all of you treated “Mrs.F’ proved that to me! Obviously not all is bad with you,your wife & family!

35. Mary M Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 1:20 pm

Marguerite Perrin is a total whack job who should not be allowed to keep her younger child. Her older daughter and granddaughter should get as far away from her as possible, because she’s nuts!! She seriously needs to be committed for her own sake and that of her family. I feel really sorry for her youngest daughter who not only has to deal with a crazy mother but a bossy sister. The money they received needs to go towards counseling for Marguerite’s children and grandchild.

36. Elaine Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 1:52 pm

This woman was mentally ill, pure and simple. She was creating demons and blathering on about “I have SEEN the dark side!” and stuff. You could see her re-inventing history in her head during the whole ride home. She was totally out of touch with reality.

Just because she shouted about Jesus doesn´t make her any less mentally ill and abusive. Yes, abusive.

There is a common theory that it´s okay to be crazy and abuse your family if you´re doing it “in the NAME of the LORD!”

37. tracy from texas Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 5:33 pm

one of my grown daughters said “look mom” that’s how you use to be! then the younger daughter (still @ home) said..no way! …..THANK YOU M.PERRIN! for a serious wake up call…I may not of been as extreme , but I thank God for changing me and for who I am today! my family and I have a new saying, if anyone starts getting a little bossy or loud or anything inappropriate! we say “THATS ENOUGH MARGARET” and that shuts’em right up!

38. tracy from texas Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 5:34 pm

39. Jason Says:
    November 10th, 2005 at 6:44 pm

WOW…the hardest part of that show to watch was when the youngest girl curled up to her grandfather and closed her eyes….how sad…

40. sara Says:
    November 11th, 2005 at 4:16 am

very very sad.

that psychotic woman was bitching about absolutely nothing. she wouldnt even hear about astrology, although I couldnt blame her, its her church that has brainwashed her to be so afraid of any philosophy or idea different than “the truth”. people like her push me farther and farther away from established religion (Im an atheist now, thank you). If her kind are frolicking around in heaven, I don’t want any part of that afterlife.

41. Anonymous Says:
    November 12th, 2005 at 12:29 am

WOW it is no wonder that people fear Christian and think they are a bunch of lunatics
    Mrs. Perrin should remind herself there is only one that judges all

42. Elijah Says:
    November 16th, 2005 at 4:08 pm

This show was silly. They must have looked for the least stable, most conservative, ugliest, fattest Christian and the most stable family with CRAZY beliefs to show how much more sane “free thinking” people are compared to us devoutly Christian peons. I don’t want to defend Mrs. Perrin’s actions (after all, Wrath, Gluttony, and Pride are three venial sins), she clearly lost it on this “show,” but it’s painfully obvious what the Producers intended from the very start of this.

43. Joe Says:
    November 25th, 2005 at 1:42 am

I wonder how much of the TS “Meet Your New Mommie” was staged? Is it possible that the main participants were told to do whatever it takes to ‘Spice up’ the episode? I mean, after all, it is FOX TV!
    It was entertaining… Is that not what people want?
    Barry… “Hunker Down” and don’t change a bit.

44. michael in stl Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 11:47 am

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! FOX!

Now THAT’S entertainment. America LOVES crazy…and you delivered. I’m SUCH a Marguerite Perrin fan, that I made a “Marguerite Perrin Voodoo doll” accessorized with push pins. I’ll be sending it to her shortly. I suggest your camera crews presence when Marguerite opens her gift. Ratings rocket.

Attn: other Marguerite Perrin fans:

Other gift ideas:
    -tarot cards
    -pentagrams
    -a statue of Buddah
    -a manorrah
    -a sacrificed child

*Remember…It is better to give than receive.

45. michael in stl Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 11:53 am

If there are other “Marguerite fans” who share my admiration, please email-me @ michaeljamesavery@yahoo.com

46. laura mcdaniel Says:
    December 5th, 2005 at 4:29 pm

Hey Mrs.Margeret,and Mr. Berry it is me Laura McDaniel ,(Summer’s mom),To all you guys out there that are being asses I know Mrs Margeret personally and her whole family and from the momment we met I totally connected with her .She deffinetly speaks her mind but she is a very very special person.She is entitled to her opinion and freedom of speech!! She was being herself and expressing her love for christ!I think it was the best thing for America if you ask me because alot of people in America probably saw for the first time what it means to be a true god warrior! America,you all can dog her out or hate on her ,anything evil you wish ,but remember one thing before you do, She stood up for what she believed and was 100% real.I am proud of you Mrs Margeret, I loved watching you guys on t.v. It couldn’t have been more perfect!! We miss you all,Summer has decided to do horse back riding and it was beginning to be too hard for us to get Summer to class.I hope she will always keep that pasion for dance like I had! I may open up a studio in columbia, Ms.

47. be fair Says:
    December 11th, 2005 at 3:37 am

Yes, that’s true. I admire her for loving Christ, but what she did was totally un-christian. She had her opinions and her beliefs, but she knew what it was probably coming, so therefore she should’ve respected the beliefs of others. I’m Roman Catholic and I have christians friends who are actually TRUE christians. Mrs M. believed in something and it’s okay to tell others about it, but if you try to change someone then that’s a delicate situation. You can’t just go into someone else’s house and try to change what they believe in. I’m sure Mrs M. wouldn’t have liked someone else to come and tell her what to believe and to go to this place and worship something she didn’t believe in. Also, a TRUE christian welcomes everyone no matter who they are and what they believe in. Her friends didn’t welcome the other wife as a human being. I’m sure Mrs M. wouldn’t want that to happen to her.

48. Birddog Says:
    January 5th, 2006 at 4:53 pm

She seems like an ordinary christian to me. Same compassion and tolerance they’re famous for…I mean we are in Iraq aren’t we?

49. douglasu Says:
    January 5th, 2006 at 4:56 pm

Around here we shoot rabid dogs. I hope she didn’t bite anyone.

50. J. HAYES Says:
    January 27th, 2006 at 5:42 am

I SAW THE SHOW A WHILE BACK AND I TOO WAS AMUSED AT HOW (MS.) PERRIN ACTED. I ALSO WANT EVERYONE TO REMEMBER THAT AFTER SHE ACTED A DANG FOOL IN FRONT OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE SHE STILL TOOK THE MONEY THAT (FOX) OFFERED HER AFTER SAYING THAT “SHE DIDN’T WANT THE DEVIL MONEY.”

51. Dee Says:
    February 3rd, 2006 at 9:32 pm

This is for the show that showed on Feb.3rd. I am really upset by the father on this one. I can not imagine a father treating his kids the way he has on that show. He can take his older son out and spend all his time with his older son but when it came to his younger son and daughter he could not be bothered, and the things he commented about his wife. What would make a woman stay with a man like that ? That was the saddest show I have seen, I feel so bad for those children. Some people change from being on this show, but I don’t see that happening for this man or his poor kids. One hour with each of his kids and it was to much for him to deal with, that is not a father or a man. So so sad……………..

52. Susan K Marshall Says:
    February 4th, 2006 at 7:39 pm

Last night (2/3/06) my husband and I watched the second half of the Crow/Clark family swap. We were appalled and angry. We watched as Christina Crow showed great concern over Sandra Clark. She worried that Sandra was not being allowed to grow up and be a teen-ager.
    In the Crow household we watched as Dave treated his oldest son very well and took a great interest in him. His other two children, Chad and Hayley, were not treated well however. He put them down, he made demeaning, and cruel comments about them, their abilities and their interests. When Dave and Savannah took the kids to play golf, which Dave and Brian did regularly, Dave made cutting remarks about the way they played, despite it being the first time Chad or Hayley played. When Chad was hurt and completely discouraged, he said he was going to quit playing. Dave called him a “sissy” and a “quitter” and told him to quit being a “girl”.
    When Savannah took Chad to a improv class where he really enjoyed himself, he came home full of excitement and asking if he could go back and maybe take some acting classes, Dave told him their plate was much too full for that. Then he made it clear that if Chad wanted to play sports that would be different but acting is not “manly”. Dave’s comments and behavior were nothing short of emotional and psychological abuse! Maybe Christina should worry about her own children and how they are being treated.
    When Dave had to spend one hour with Chad at a museum, he again made snide and nasty comments. You could just see how disappointed Chad was. At one point Dave told Chad that if anyone spoke to them to tell them they were there because of the “Make a Wish Foundation”. Although Chad really likes museums at the end of the hour he seemed to be glad to leave just because of his father’s remarks and behaviors.
    My husband and I have four children, one of whom has been helped by our local “Star Wish Foundation”. I wondered when Dave made his comment about the “Make a Wish Foundation” how Dave would behave toward a child like our son who is severely multiply disabled. Since Dave knows about this foundation, maybe he should think about the children in this world who are sick, dying, and unable to do the things that children should be able to do! He should be grateful that his child is able to play golf however he can play, enjoy museums, and see what there is to see at them, able to learn from what he sees and experiences at a museum. I think Savannah should have allocated some of the $50,000. to parenting classes for Dave and maybe had Dave volunteer time to the “Make a Wish” or “Starwish” foundation in his area. Maybe Dave needs to spend a little time with children who aren’t able to do things, to see, or to hear, who are ill or dying. Maybe then he would appreciate what he has at home. Christina should tell him if he can’t treat all their children well then he should leave. She said she was afraid to say something to Dave because if might tear her marriage, well that might not be the worst thing that could happen. Maybe she needs to think about what her husband’s comments and behavior toward Chad and Hayley are doing to them and what it will do to them for the rest of their lives. Maybe Savannah should have also allocated some money for Dave to see a psychologist. I’d like to think that Dave can change, but I’m not sure I do.
    I would love to sit down and talk to Dave. I know he would never do that however, he would not like to hear what I have to say…the truth.
    Susan K. Marshall

53. Dr. M MacD Says:
    February 18th, 2006 at 12:30 am

I would like to comment about the Perrin /Flisher episode that originally aired 11/2005 and re-aired tonight 2/17/2006. As a Christian, I am shocked, appalled, and embarrassed with Marguerite Perrin’s behavior, attitude, raciest attitude, and so on. How can she call herself a Christian and behave in this manner. Besides being a raving maniac, she has a closed mind, and even more damning is the way she treats her children! She expects everyone to do for her–who is the mother? If she is such a strict Christian, why is her single daughter a mother at the age of 16 1/2? In addition, why is this daughter trying to mother her little sister instead of raising her own child? The young girl (Ashley) might have a chance at a real, happy, Christina life if her mother would behave as a mother instead of a ‘master’ and her sister would act like a sister instead of her mother. Everything Marguerite did was hypocritical. Christians are patient, loving, open-minded people who NEVER JUDGE—there is only one judge and this is our maker, not Marguerite. Shame on you Marguerite for embarrassing your family. Perhaps you should consider therapy to address the underlying issues that have caused you to become such an embarrassment, a gluttonous, foul-mouthed, maniac of an embarrassment. The family you accused of being non-Christian acted in a Christina manner: they took care of you and your family with kindness and consideration, and they even went to church with you upon your demand! Did you give them the same consideration? NO!
    I feel sorry for your family – for the embarrassment you caused them. Did you see your daughters and your young grandchild at the end of your ranting? They looked like they wanted to die. If you were my mother, I would have you committed to a mental institution immediately – do not pass go; do not collect $200.00; go directly to the loony- bin!
    Please Marguerite stop thinking only of yourself! Think of your daughters and granddaughter and treat them with love and respect instead of selfishness. Treat them like people instead of robots.
    Marguerite, I will pray for your soul and pray that God will help you and protect your family, but more importantly, I will pray that God will guide you to true Christianity. May God bless and guide you to true happiness and peace.

As far as the Flisher family—good luck to you. You appear to be a kind, considerate, loving family. You have your beliefs, which as American’s we are all entitled to, and I admire you for having those beliefs and still having an open-mind enough to share in Marguerite’s beliefs. I would feel honored to have your family in my life. Stay strong and loving!

54. M. MacD Says:
    February 18th, 2006 at 12:41 am

Response to: laura mcdaniel | December 05, 2005 at 04:29 PM

You say that everyone who is posting his or her comments about your friend Mrs. Perrin is an ass because Mrs. Perrin is entitled to freedom of speech; however, you are doing the same thing as we. We posted our thoughts, and you called us assess; you posted your comments (calling us assess), so does that make you an ass?
    Freedom of speech is our right as Americans, but publicly expressing racism and hurting and embarrassing your own children (who were obviously embarrassed) is down right un-Christian! May I suggest you check your sources before you throw stones!
    Thank you!

55. Brandon Says:
    February 23rd, 2006 at 1:34 pm

I personally think her husband set up the swap so he could actually catch how crazy his wife is on tv. That way he can drag her fat ass to court and get a divorce before she grabs a butcher knife and kills her family in the name of Jesus. And I personally like how she said she wanted nothing to do with it, and end the end she took the money. She is a hipocrate, and im sure God would slap her across the face ( i think he did when he added a couple hundred pounds to her)

56. andrew symons Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 4:46 am

What a complete nut case this woman is I feel so sorry for her family her friends were bitches too what a pack of feral hicks god are all you yanks like that

57. Sharon Says:
    October 25th, 2006 at 11:13 am

I’ve never been so proud to be an Aetheist as watching the supposedly Christian Marguerite. I lived my life in a much more goddess-like fashion than this “god fearing” woman. Its bigotted zeolets like her that turned me away from organized religion. Its the same as watching mass murderers on death row become religious after gutting victims. Bigotry in motion.

I didn’t realize the youngest child was actually born out of wedlock to this god fearing family. Very interesting.

Being the hicks they are they should be forced to stop breeding at all and stop that particular gene pool where it is for the sake of the human race.

It just goes to prove that if you need a license to drive a car you should need one to be a parent!!!!

58. ejura Says:
    August 6th, 2007 at 4:16 am

I was so ashamed of Mrs Perrin when i saw her rattling off so much hate in the name of christianity. If she knows anything about Jesus at all, she’d see how unjudgemental He was.

The so called “dark sided” lady was the christian in all of this.

Margaret you need to go back on your knees and find Jesus again!

59. evelyn Says:
    August 18th, 2008 at 12:18 pm

I can’t believe this show originally aired 3 years ago and this rerun today was the first time I had seen it. I never comment on things I see or read but made an exception for this.

I think God’s heart was incredibly hurt to be represented in this hateful way by Mrs Perrin and it is absolutely tragic what fanatical people do and say in the name of God. It happens in all faith-based traditions and it engenders terrorist acts and suicide bombers in some and nurtures blind hatred everywhere.

It is a great reminder to keep our own pride and fears in check and based on God’s grace and righteousness, not our own.

What bothers me even more after watching Mrs Perrin’s outrageous behavior was reading that she turned around and participated in ANOTHER episode of Trading Spouses after proclaiming this the worst torture of her life — with equally disasterous results!!! She really seems to enjoy the limelight (really feeds the ego) but I think the still, small voice of God might have some hard things to say to her if she ever really hears it.

God’s love is beyond understanding, full of grace and compassion — but God is also holy and we all need to humbly seek to be lifted beyond our human follies to be recreated and truly reflect Truth, Light, Hope, Wisdom, Faith and Love.

Maybe Mrs. Perrin will embarrass us all to be better?

Comments