Johnson & Blackburn Families On Wife Swap

November 21, 2005 12:01 AM by Joe Blackmon

This week in "Johnson/Blackburn," a strict and regimented mother who runs her family like a military unit and starts her day at 4:30 a.m. swaps lives with a undisciplined mother whose house is chaos and whose home gym is collecting dust, on ABC’s "Wife Swap" — the critically-acclaimed, unscripted reality show that takes us into the intimate heart of the American family home to reveal the extraordinarily different ways families live their lives — MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Each week, from across the country, two families with very different values are chosen to take part. In a two-week-long challenge, the wives from these two families exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover what it’s like to live a very different woman’s life. It’s a mind-blowing experiment that often ends up changing their lives forever.

Texans Jay (43) and Lin (36) Johnson are both former soldiers who own Bootcamp Fitness and train clients to be lean, mean fitness machines. Their high end clientele includes the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. The business runs with military precision, as does the Johnson household – from first call at 0430 hours right through to lights out. Fitness to the Johnsons is all-consuming; Lin even works out on her exercise bike while she watches TV. Jay finds it impossible to leave his drill sergeant hat at the door, and wife Lin and daughter Sydnie (11) both wish he could spend more time with them.

Lin travels to the Tennessee home of Rebecca Blackburn (34), her husband, Tony (33), and children Vin (3) and Shelby (10). Fitness could not be further from the Blackburn family’s mind; They live in a chaotic house with a pile of unused gym equipment in their spare room. Both Tony and Rebecca have struggled with their weight in the past – but now they’ve settled for the way they are. The family has no schedule and does housework as and when it’s needed. In the Blackburn household Rebecca wears the pants; Tony left his job as a DJ to help Rebecca with her tanning supply business, and he does most of the work around the home, including serving Rebecca’s morning cappuccino.

In the first week of the swap, Lin Johnson becomes frustrated and bored when she is forced to sleep in and watch soap operas, while Tony takes care of the kids. When Lin finds out that Tony lost his own father at the tender age of 3, she confronts him about his unhealthy lifestyle. Meanwhile, in Texas, Rebecca struggles to get up at 4:30 a.m., misses boot camp and refuses to do housework, offering nothing but excuses when Jay confronts her.

In week two of the swap, when the wives change the rules, Lin enrolls Tony in boot camp and sends him back to work as a DJ, while Rebecca bans all fitness activities, forces Jay to re-evaluate his relationship with his daughter and tries to derail the swap meet. At the end of the swap, when the couples are reunited, will their new insights help them change their relationships, or are their differences too great to overcome?

"Wife Swap" is an RDF Media production. It was created by Stephen Lambert and is executive-produced by Lambert, Jenny Crowther, Wendy Roth of RDF Media ("Faking It" and "Junkyard Wars") and Michael Davies of Embassy Row ("Who Wants to be a Millionaire"). Stef Wagstaffe is the co-executive producer.

Topics: Wife Swap |

17 Responses to “Johnson & Blackburn Families On Wife Swap”

1. Tan Says:
    November 21st, 2005 at 10:00 pm

I just watch the newest episode of Wife Swap. And I have two words for Mrs. Blackburn, LAZY BITCH! Because that is exactly what you are. I’m sorry make that three words. LYING LAZY BITCH! I feel sorry for your spindless husband and children. You are so selfish it ridiculous, you represented yourself so poorly on television. You should be ashamed of yourself. You really need to seek help and stop running from the truth, and start running around a track! Kudos to the Johnson Family for putting up with that bitch!

2. flor maria colon Says:
    November 22nd, 2005 at 9:05 am

I’ feel sorry for the young girl of the Johnson’s family, with some body with negative “karma”was in their house and have to much personal problems, and sick main and so sorry for, “blackburn daughter”

3. flor maria colon Says:
    November 22nd, 2005 at 9:05 am

4. Working Mom Says:
    November 22nd, 2005 at 9:50 pm

Mrs. Blackburn is the worst guest I have seen on this show. She is selfish to the max. She knows she is a bum and is taking everyone in her family down with her me first attitude. I think it will take a miracle to get her to see what her behaviour is doing to her life and her family.

5. Donna Says:
    November 26th, 2005 at 12:35 am

Rebecca Blackburn YOU ARE FAT, LAZY AND COMPLETELY USELESS!! I feel so sorry for your daughter having to have a mom like you! You really need to quit being so self absorbed and get off your EXTREMELY LARGE BUTT and be an active role model in your little girls life! The fact that she like Mrs. Johnson better than you should have hit home but you are no master of the obvious now are you!!!! USELESS, FAT, LAZY PIECE OF LARD!!!!!!!

6. Princess Says:
    August 28th, 2006 at 9:03 pm

Just watched a rerun again…um yeah Rebecca irritated the crap out of me. She is a tyrant who is insecure and inisits on controlling every aspect of her husbands life. I hope her husband grabbed his cojones out of her purse and left her.

7. Susie Says:
    August 28th, 2006 at 9:11 pm

I just watched the repeat of this episode, never having seen the first run. I thought nothing shocked me anymore, then I saw Rebecca Blackburn. There are no words to accurately describe what a horror of a human being she is. I believe her last words were something to the effect that “walking is a waste of time”….. but sitting in your ass all day watching soaps is productive?!?! I feel badly for anyone who struggles with their weight… but this bitch doesn’t even have a nice bone in her body and doesn’t deserve sympathy. I hope her husband smartens up, gets in shape and dumps her fat ass for good !!

8. Monica Says:
    August 28th, 2006 at 10:11 pm

I agree with all the comments about Rebecca Blackburn. She doesn’t see antyhing wrong with how things are in her household and that is the saddest thing, especially for the kids. I hope that at least Tony takes a look at all this negative comment about his “sick” wife and makes a change with his life!

9. Monica Says:
    August 28th, 2006 at 10:12 pm

10. Audrey Says:
    August 29th, 2006 at 10:45 am

I don’t watch this show much, but it is summer and I am bored with reruns. Wow Rebecca is something else! She didn’t even try to go along with the house rules, and I have never seen that before. I feel so bad for her husband, who can’t seem to find his backbone to stand up to her. And their kids..when exactly does she spend time with her daughter, besides in front of the TV. I can only hope this woman watched herself and realized what a selfish spoiled witch she really is.

11. Desiree Says:
    August 31st, 2006 at 5:40 am

I watched in horror for the first time, the episode with the Blackburn and Johnson families. I feel bad for Rebecca’s husband; I think his wife is killing him. Her narcissistic personality allows her to delude herself that everything is fine in their family. She is a controlling bitch and possibly one of the laziest people I have ever seen. I would have hoped that viewing her own behavior would have helped her change her ways, but based on the way she acted at the end of the show, that will never happen. It’s a shame, because I think her husband might have been motivated to lose weight and get back to work, had it not been for the shrew he is married to coming home and stomping on his soul. Hopefully, he will have a chance to view the show and think about getting out of this sick relationship before Rebecca’s toxic ways do him in.

12. BuzZ Says:
    September 1st, 2006 at 3:37 pm

here’s Tony’s website:
    myspace.com/buzzsmusicexchange

13. DragonBoosterGirlShelby Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 8:39 pm

my mom loves me

14. MarkJ Says:
    April 14th, 2007 at 10:49 pm

Mrs Blackburn… One tragic story.

Event at the end she didn’t care about her husband’s health, even if it meant their daughter would grow up fatherless or even parentless.

Couldn’t have been any less of an ignorant, self-absorbed, arrogant, bitch. Her daughter’s going to have a LOT of problems when she grows up now.

15. ava_sano Says:
    August 10th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Worst wife, worst mother and lazy excuse for a woman, is this Rebecca Blackburn. Wow. She is just crap. That other family was so wonderful. I feel sorry for her children. The husband should leave her and get both of the kids. Then again she might just die of obesity. What a waste of flesh she is. Why did she waste her time on wife swap? She can’t listen or do anything. She is too stupid to even try. What an ugly hag.

16. Rox Says:
    December 13th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Rebecca Blackburn is so disgustingly lazy. Ugh!!! How can she even think she does anything? All she did was fake being sick the whole time in order to get out of doing anything. She is definately insane. And that hair? Does she ever attempt to wash it and fix it? I feel so sorry for her family to put up with her lazy self.

17. Sara Says:
    December 13th, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I just saw a re-run of this episode on Lifetime and was shocked. Rebecca Blackburn has to be the most self centered lazy person I have ever seen. I don’t know why she even agreed to do this show if she wasn’t going to participate at all. It’s been a few years since the show was taped and I am really praying that something has changed in that house between then and now.

Comments