Bo Bice Lost American Idol To Carrie Underwood By Only 134 Votes

November 27, 2005 01:23 AM by Joe Blackmon

Bice_134_votesOn a recent episode of Heartland airing on the Fox News Channel, John Kasich selected a former American Idol contestant as the Heartland Hero of the Week.  Bo Bice won this prestigious recognition for giving up his house to a family displaced by Hurricane Katrina and for also using his music to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Bo Bice talks to John Kasich via satellite from Nashville, Tennessee.  Bo tells John, “The lord just told me that if you’ve got something, you know, you give.  That’s something that my family’s always gone by.  And it was just kind of second nature to do it.”  Xera and Perry Booth, who were the lucky recipients of Bo’s generosity, also talk to John via satellite.  In regards to the Bo allowing them to use his house, Xera tells John, “Its meant a tremendous amount.  Made me feel like I had a place to hold my family all together.”

In an interesting twist, John Kasich suddenly starts quizzing Bo Bice over a statement he once made about how he was praying not to win on the American Idol finale.  While Bo is answering the question, Fox News flashes across the screen that “Bice lost to Carrie Underwood by only 134 votes.”

During the American Idol 4 season, Fox refused to release any specific voting totals.  When Carrie Underwood was announced as the winner on the American Idol finale, no mention was made of her margin of victory.  Fox News startling release of this information could stir up American Idol fans not only about the finale voting but also about controversial eliminations during the earlier stages of the show.  While the new information about the close voting totals could lead to new fan debate, it probably matters little to Bo Bice or Carrie Underwood.  Bo Bice is busy preparing for the upcoming release of his new album The Real Thing, and as Bo himself pointed out to John, Carrie’s new album did over 300,000 units in its first week of release.  Both singers appear to be well on their way to successful careers.

John wraps up the interview with Bo Bice by telling him, “When people become rich and famous often times they forget their roots and they forget about giving back.  They get arrogant, and you know what, I think you’re a great example to people.  You were nothing, now you’re a big time star.  You’ve helped out the Booths and that’s why you’re our hero, and on Thanksgiving we wanted to put you at the top of the show.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol or SirLinksALot:Bo Bice.

Topics: American Idol |

94 Responses to “Bo Bice Lost American Idol To Carrie Underwood By Only 134 Votes”

1. kell Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 2:11 am

whatever, carrie is the best, an bo is only a loser rocker

2. Vart Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 2:41 am

When I see proof from American Idol that these numbers are correct I will believe it. Until then it means nothing. Maybe they didn’t have room to add the five zeros at the end of that 134.

3. LD Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 3:22 am

Actually, I am almost 100% sure that what the 134 votes was for was a poll before the finale on Fox News about who was going to win AI4. I was watching Fox News the morning after the finale, and they showed that same graphic, but it was results of a poll, not of the finale.

4. shannon Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 7:30 am

My, from a couple of the previous comments, it seems that some people are certainly bitter and mean-spirited. These numbers don’t surprise me at all. What did absolutely floor me was when they announced Carrie as the winner. In case the rest of you missed the first part of this article, it was about Bo’s spirit of giving in a time of tragedy. Kudos to him as a shining example to others. Kudos also to him for, as usual, giving props to Carrie on her sales and indirectly plugging her cd along with his own. That is so Bo, a class act all the way around. Maybe the first couple of people who commented should take a page from Bo, next time you’re going to post something nasty, just ask yourself, what would Bo do? I can’t wait for Bo’s cd to drop! And congrats to Carrie on her first week sales as well.

5. Mark Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 7:43 am

No way were they seperated by 134 votes out of 45 million cast lol. More like 1.34 million in my opinion and I cant believe BO fans are trying to use this – He will do well and I like him but no way will he sell within 134 records of carrie as should be the case if this is correct

6. Sadie Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 8:20 am

Exactly how are Bo fans are trying to use this?? You Carrie fans need to step back and take a good look at yourselves. Shame on you for being so mean-spirited. She won the bloody thing, remember?

7. TaraRaven Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 9:08 am

True Bo fans know that the competition ended months ago. Bo is exactly where he wants to be. He is a star now and his career will only grow. Bo has many fans. And Bo would be happy if he could only reach a hand full of people with his music. He is not a “rock star”. Bo is a true musician that lives his God given gift everyday and will continue to write and perform no matter where this road leads. And along the road he will continue to spread God’s love and help people when he can. If you don’t know the “real” Bo Bice you are missing the boat.

8. ddt1428 Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 9:23 am

I can’t believe people are arguing over this matter… The competition is over with people this is so high school drama. They both have a big fan base and their fans adore them.. Leave well enough alone AI is over. Who care how many votes Bo lost by. I will be Bo’s fan 110% and dont care that he lost. Case closed……

9. Annie Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 9:36 am

Bo’s fans did not post the 134 figure on the bottom of that Fox news shows.

Carrie’s album is released as a Country album so I think it will sell more but that in no way has anything to do with the number of votes separating them in AI, or mean that Carrie is a better artist. They are very different artists. Like Clive said in People Magazine Bo is a legitimate musician. As far as the total of votes I think that there was no way that Carrie wasn’t going to come out the winner. Won’t even bring up the Idol tour.

10. CBM Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 10:25 am

Several points to make.

(1) Carrie is ALSO a legitimate musician! Her cd is excellent and shows so much of her talent!

(2) The gist of this article is about Bo’s generosity – that is a good thing…. kudos Bo.

(3) They will BOTH succeed so they BOTH win….. duh.

(4) Media ‘drops’ stories ALL THE TIME right before an artist’s release of cd …

(5) The 134 was poll result as stated by poster above.

Congrats to both Carrie and Bo.

11. Anonymous Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 10:33 am

Yes Carrie and Bo are true stars they are both very talented.

12. LoveThatGreekboy Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 10:43 am

134 votes?? Isn’t it odd that this “startling revelation” is being made now when AI 5 is slated to start in just a fraction over two months?? Sounds like info that AI themselves planted to get the controversy geared up and people hyped up over season 5. That’s jmo. Anyway, best of everything to both Bo and Carrie and Constantine Maroulis…..you ROCK!!

13. Bo's A Beautiful Soul Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 12:20 pm

Bo, as always, I love your beautiful soul and your beautiful giving spirit. I’m looking so very forward to Dec. 13 so I can get my hands on your cd.

Carrie fans, please get a grip. The season four competition is LONG over and Carrie won the AI title. Does it really matter by how many votes she won? Let it go already, most of Bo fans have and only look forward to being able to by and hear his wonderful music.

14. Ed Rosenberg Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 1:09 pm

In Cape May County, New Jersey hundreds of votes for Bo Bice were mistakenly diverted to a local phone number.

Bo may have been the winner if these votes were properly registered.

Regardless of the outcome, however, Bo is going to do just fine.

I wish both him and Carrie great success.

15. Tina Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 1:09 pm

We need more people like Bo in this world. He truly is a wonderful role model.God knows we could use more people like him. We seem to be in short supply. Even though he wouldnt think that, it was just the right thing to do. Im very proud to be a Bo fan.

16. Bo's A Beautiful Soul Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 1:27 pm

Ditto Tina, I’m also very proud to be a Bo bice fan.

17. Belle Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 1:31 pm

I think Bo is a wonderful person and his music is awesome! This show was about the Bo we have all come to know and love. Bo promotes Carrie every chance he gets! So why can’t the Carrie fans leave him alone and appreciate him for who is is! Also, if Carrie fans want to do battle here, they should look at her new video “Jesus Takes The Wheel” and watch how she slaughters it with her lip synching!!! But, it is a good song to listen to. Congratulations Bo for being the hero of the week on Heartland. You are my hero and my idol each and every day!

18. kristen Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 2:06 pm

Belle – i am glad she does not have the ability to lip synch. Artists like Hilary duff are pros at it for one reason…. They can not sing!!!

As for Bo good luck to him – He is a decent individual. If anything I am more disappointed with clive davis who is selling bo down the river with the songs that he has chosen for him to record. Bo is far better than that IMO

19. Anonymous Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 2:14 pm

Posted by: kristen | November 27, 2005 at 02:06 PM

This is one HUGE Bo fan that LOVES the songs that Clive and Bo chose. You keep doing just what you are doing Bo. Can’t wait to get your cd.

20. langel Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 2:43 pm

Hey, woah! I can’t believe how nasty the Carrie fans have gotten over this little piece of news. I think if they saw the piece and heard the way Bo praised Carrie’s CD and actually promoted it, they would be ashamed of themselves for fighting over those 134 votes. I, myself, believe, that there must have been some proof to back up that total or FOX news wouldn’t have put it up there…and if there isn’t any proof, wouldn’t you find it hard to believe anything else FOX news puts out to the public?

You go, Bo, you are my American Idol now and forever!

21. debra Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 4:34 pm

What does any of this matter now at all? As has been so well stated, this piece was about Bo being a “heartland hero” because he is all about giving back and spreading the love.
    Don’t change a thing, Bo. We love you as you are. And promoting Carrie, very very classy. But then, we always knew you were.
    Looking forward to the new cd/dualdisc and many many years of enjoying the awesomeness of Bo’s music.

22. richie Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 7:22 pm

the ai people were smart, they saved the best for last that night. they knew bo could out sing, out class and bring down the house with sweet home alabama, and he proved them right. the real winner then and now is bo. be well…

23. kelsinbham Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 10:14 pm

Bo was so gorgeous last night on Fox news. He is so smart, generous, and loving. As Paula said – He has a wonderful soul. I am so proud to be a Bo fan!

24. Kim Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 10:43 pm

Not buying it at all. No WAY were they closer than Ruben vs. Clay.

25. Anonymous Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 11:01 pm

What will people think when they hear that I’m a Jesus Freak?

What would people do if people find that it’s true?

I don’t really care if they label me a Jesus Freak

There ain’t no disguining the truth

26. Anonymous Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 11:01 pm

What will people think when they hear that I’m a Jesus Freak?

What would people do if people find that it’s true?

I don’t really care if they label me a Jesus Freak

There ain’t no disguising the truth

27. TWOHAWKS Says:
    November 27th, 2005 at 11:42 pm

AI is over… Bo and Carrie are not just friends, but good friends. If it doesn’t matter to them, it shouldn’t matter to us as fans.
    Let’s all just be kind to eachother and cheer for Carrie’s and Bo’s success. OK?
    MUCH LOVE EVERYONE!!!

28. Racs Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 1:54 am

Seriously, I was more SHOCKED when the outcome of AI4 was revealed as opposed to this ‘startling’ new revelation! DUH!?!? Anyway I wish them BOTH well in their careers..and I’ve got one thing more to say…
    Bo’s up & coming new album “The Real Thing” ROCKS!!!!! Buy it on December 13th y’all- ya won’t be disappointed- HE HAS ARRIVED!

Lot’s of Love & Energy
    racs

29. Tiffany Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 4:43 am

It’s FOX NEW for pete’s sake! Of course it’s correct! They aren’t gonna risk just posting some random number for the heck of it. Sorry Carrie fans can’t take their little girl nearly lost the competition!

30. Mia_br Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 5:51 am

Bo, the best. Go Bo!

31. DAWN KATE Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 7:16 am

ROCK ON!

32. carrielover Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 8:19 am

carrie won, and the best did won, there’s no point in arguing the fact that she won… she won because she earned it, she is doing darn well on all charts because of her voice…if bo was here, i kno he would be proud of her…

33. Fred Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 9:03 am

Well if it was that close Bo will have no problems recording sales of close to 315k in his first week.

I personally do not believe he will sell more than 200k reflecting the 20% more singles sales that carrie sold but only time can tell.

34. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 11:08 am

Posted by: Fred | November 28, 2005 at 09:03 AM

Now you’re gonna make me have to go buy 10 or more copies of Bo’s cd. : )

35. Tina Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 11:12 am

I’ll join you in that!!

36. Fred Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 1:56 pm

Lol I was kidding ;)

I do not mind if you take out a mortgage and buy all 315k yourself.

At the end of the day they both will do well, continue to be friends and enjoy their lifestyles

37. Orchid Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 2:40 pm

Hello? There has been plenty of Carrie
    bashing by Bo fans in these last two weeks, believe me ! So if Carrie fans
    have overreacted that may be why. Carrie released her record first and her CD first, Bo fans started the bashing. That said, I am a fan of both Bo and Carrie and wish them well in their music careers.

38. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 3:54 pm

Lol I was kidding ;)

**I do not mind if you take out a mortgage and buy all 315k yourself.**

Posted by: Fred | November 28, 2005 at 01:56 PM

Don’t tempt me! BTW, I wouldn’t need to take out a mortgage. Money is in the bank waiting to be spent. : )

39. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 3:55 pm

I’ll join you in that!!

Posted by: Tina | November 28, 2005 at 11:12 AM

Sounds like a plan, tina.

40. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 3:56 pm

Hello? There has been plenty of Carrie
    bashing by Bo fans in these last two weeks, believe me ! So if Carrie fans

Posted by: Orchid | November 28, 2005 at 02:40 PM

That sounds so much like a couple of 4 year olds saying, no he started it, mom.

41. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 4:25 pm

I wouldn’t give a nickel for either one of their CDs.

Carrie is not an artist at all but just a pretty girl who has a nice singing voice. Her CD is good dentist office music.

Bo Bice is somewhat of an artist in his own way but all of his big generosity is just for show. He couldn’t stay in his house because of paparazzi so he made a big show of look how wonderful I am letting these poor people live in my house. He should have just done it and shut up about it.

His new Clive Davis CD stinks bad and I’m sure Bo realizes this.

42. jo Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 4:52 pm

Wonderful man, wonderful musician. That’s all that matters people. Can’t wait until the 13th when I get my cd!

43. Tina Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 7:55 pm

Excuse me? Bo has never made a big deal about this. He always down plays it. Bo’s father in law did the same thing with his house. Its everyone else that has done made a big deal about this. Bo doesnt see himself as this hero or that he did anything amazing. He saw that someone was in need and was able to help. Its as simple as that. If you were a fan of Bo you would know this. he has always been this way even before AI happened. He mother raised him to give back as he said. Tooo bad your momma didnt raise you right! How have you given back may I ask?? As for Bo somewhat of an artist. This artist can play many instruments, piano, guitar, harmonica and the saxophone and he writes his own music which will be on the CD. Again I have to ask what are you good at?? I bet not much since you seem kinda jealous of Bo’s generosity and talent!

44. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 8:42 pm

I wouldn’t give a nickel for either one of their CDs.

His new Clive Davis CD stinks bad and I’m sure Bo realizes this.

Posted by: | November 28, 2005 at 04:25 PM

****, is that you, girl?

45. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 9:38 pm

How dare you try to question Bo’s generosity in the face of tragedy and loss? I bet you’re a Constantine supporter because anyone that would question this has to be. Well if you are you need to know that Constantine will not get the respect of the music industry no way. He is only interested in sleeping around and is too busy cavorting with exotic dancers and D list Celebrities so he can look like a stud. The industry needs people with values, principles, musicality and talent people like Bo and Carrie not Constantine. So forget your feeble attempts to discredit Bo it will get you know where people love him.

46. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 9:43 pm

I have no idea how many votes Carrie won by, and I don’t really care. Carrie can sing well, but I like Bo more because of the way he gets you up and going. He also plays guitar on stage (I know Carrie also plays, but I rarely see her do it), and I love his deep voice.

They will both do very well. I don’t know WHY Carrie fans are so upset. Boo friggin’ hoo.

47. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 9:47 pm

“Bo Bice is somewhat of an artist in his own way”

OMG. That HAD to have been a Con fan. LMFAO!

Bo can sing/play guitar/play harmonica all in a single song. He is more than SOMEWHAT of an artist.

48. Little Birdies Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 9:48 pm

Carrie and Bo both did very well. No one should be twisting their panties over the amount of votes they got. Who cares anyway? What difference does it make?

49. Shrek Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 10:12 pm

hmmm… 134 votes huh… So then the two interviews that Simon Fuller gave on national tv where he stated Carrie won by more than 10 million votes was network hoopla.. Yeah.. Bo fans are so jealous it’s not even funny. Get a life and let the real talent do their thing.

50. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 10:23 pm

Wow!! I am shocked at the “play ground” fighting!! Kudos to both Carrie and Bo!! Of course the fans are going to disagree…the artists are very different…the fans are going to be very different. Bo himself said it would have been harder for him to play the music he prefers if he had won American Idol. They both are going to do great!!! I’m embarassed for both of them that their “supporters” are acting like kindergartners.

51. donna mills lane Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 7:39 am

They both STINK.

52. poohbum Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 2:01 pm

I think AI is one of the worst things to happen to television in a loooong time.

I guess it goes without saying that Americans love bad tv.

That said, Bo Bice has to be the most surprising and treasured find of the bunch. He’s the only one to come out of this pathetic tiny talent time with actually talent and class.

53. CarrieSucks Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 2:49 pm

It’s amazing that no one has mentioned the fact that Carrie CANNOT SING! But who cares since she’s SO CUTE!!! I’m sure the Carrie fans also love Shania Twain since she CAN’T SING a note either. Oh, but she’s hot too, so who’s listening???

54. Little Birdies Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 4:11 pm

I think Carrie sings great. Bo was my favorite, but I’ll never lie and say Carrie can’t sing. I actually like some of the songs on her new album, too.

55. jo Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 4:58 pm

Amen, Little Birdies! I don’t believe for a second that this nonsense here is being perpetrated by any actual Carrie or Bo fans, both of which are extremely nice, supportive, and mature fan bases. All of these critical comments reek with the smell of the venemous vipers who worship Constantine.

56. Anonymous Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 8:12 pm

Yes this is true Carrie and Bo fans have respect and class something that Constantine fans are seriously lacking. They tend to take after their idol. Well if they continue to follow his teachings they may end up down the same road he is heading down Obscurity perhaps?

57. Brandy Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 7:57 pm

People give it up! this is just a publicity stunt all it is to it. I highly doubt that it came down to 134 votes but who cares!? They have moved on are good friends and remain friends i mean if bo and carrie can be happy for each other why can’t we give Bo and Carrie the props they both deserve! Im sorry Im a true Carriefan to the day I die and i love bo as well they are both great performers and any true Carriefan or Bofan should and would be able to see that

58. Anonymous Says:
    December 1st, 2005 at 10:52 am

Bo Bice is NOT a class act.

Arrested for felony cocaine possession, marijuana possession, public intoxication, possession of drug paraphernalia.

This is NOT a class act, and NOT a role model.

A talented singer? Seems like it so far, but the ultimate test will be when his album comes out. I suspect it’ll be really good. Buy it, even. But he’ll never be a class act or a role model in my mind. He ruined that before he ever entered the spotlight.

59. Anonymous Says:
    December 1st, 2005 at 11:40 am

No one claimed that Bo is a role model. All of those things that he was charged with were in the past; he has since been pardoned for his actions. Constantine’s website promotes the use of marijuana among other things. Bo is a married man with a family now and has a promising career ahead of him. Constantine continues to troll the clubs of NY and LA bedding lap dancers and other questionable conquests. He has yet to announce if he is indeed signed to a record label, instead he goes on message boards disputing trifling rumors and gossip.

60. Anonymous Says:
    December 1st, 2005 at 3:11 pm

Bo Bice is NOT a class act.

This is NOT a class act, and NOT a role model.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 01, 2005 at 10:52 AM

Hi GoGo dear, don’t you have anything a bit more recent? BTW, shouldn’t you be looking at your own boys lack of class?

Let’s see, there’s con’s approval of making snuff films, his crude gestures at miss Hilton, his sex acts in a car at a BBQ where there where children present that could have walked by an gotten an eye full, and his general need to bed everything with a split that will have him. I would also like to ask you if you really think sweet connie has never partaken of weed? If you do, then you really are a major FOOL. I’d be willing to bet the farm that he not only has but still is.

61. Jen Says:
    December 1st, 2005 at 4:33 pm

That’s nice of Bo to do!! But uh, I saw the Producer Simon on TV and he said the vote wasn’t close at all so Fox must have used that old clip when they first aired their onlie poll info.! Anyway, congrats to both of them!

Carrie has her Country Cd and Bo has a Pop CD! They will both do great!

62. Tina Says:
    December 1st, 2005 at 5:19 pm

Of course Bo is a role model. He’s kind funny , hard working, generous, and giving. Everyone that has worked with Bo has said this. If I had children I would want them to be like Bo. Everyone makes mistakes in their lives. Hell if someone can become president with the past they have Bo ‘s shouldnt be a problem!!! Bo never pretended like he was this angel unlike someone else. A good greek boy with morals? hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I will take Bo as my role model over that phoney piece of crap any day. Im very proud of Bo and who he is. I just wish there were more people like him, this world would be a better place!

63. Anonymous Says:
    December 1st, 2005 at 10:29 pm

I know that most adults would agree that they would like a child to grow up to be someone like Bo not Constantine.

64. Anonymous Says:
    December 2nd, 2005 at 12:23 am

If that is all the dirt you find about Bo then you really don’t deserve to be one of Constantine’s fans!

65. Aaron Says:
    December 2nd, 2005 at 2:17 am

All of this bashing on either Carrie or Bo is just like something out of high school. Get over it, Carrie won, it doesn’t matter by how much. Besides, ask Clay Aiken, second place isn’t so bad :) I’m sure Bo will have great success with his upcoming album. And good luck with him. I’ll bet he’d be thrilled to have the kind of success Carrie is having. And keep in mind, what really matters is not what happens on American Idol, but what they do with their careers, just look at Kelly Clarkson. She is a superstar not because of AI, but because she made it that way. Carrie is having tremendous success, and we can expect more great things from her and Bo (and watch out for Vonzell in the future!!) Good luck to them all.

66. afoxylady Says:
    December 3rd, 2005 at 3:17 am

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! HOW OLD ARE SOME OF YOU ANYWAY?? CARRIE IS DOING GREAT, SHE IS IN HER OWN ELEMENT WHICH IS COUNTRY AND GOOD FOR HER BUT I AM A HUGE BO BICE FAN AND I KNOW THAT HE WILL ROCK ON FOR A LONG TIME TO COME AND AS FAR AS THE VOTING ISSUE, LIKE WHO CARES, ITS OVER!!
    I FIND IT AMAZING THAT PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY CALL THEMSELVES ADULTS CAN CARRY ON LIKE THIS, REALLY, GET A LIFE!! AS FAR AS BO GOES HE IS THE MOST DOWN TO EARTH GUY AND VERY HUMBLE SO HE DOES NOT EVER TOOT HE OWN HORN, BUT HEY, HE DOES NOT HAVE TO FOR ONCE HIS CD COMES OUT EVERYONE WILL TOOT IT FOR HIM!!
    KUDOS BO/LOOKING FORWARD TO LISTENING TO YOU FOR YEARS TO COME!!
    I AM JUST GRATEFUL TO BE ABLE TO SOON ENJOY HEARING BO SING AGAIN FOR I HAVE REALLY MISSED THAT!!
    SIMON PROBABLY STARTED THIS RUMOR, LOL!! TO BAD HE IS COMING BACK, NO ONE WOULD HAVE MISSED HIM ONE BIT!!

67. Anonymous Says:
    December 3rd, 2005 at 2:28 pm

This is for the post above mine. I think that it is terrible for you to bash on Simon. Not only is he the only judge on the panel who knows what he is talking about, he is the only one keeping things in perspective. All Randy does is ramble and try to be cool and Paula will say that the less than mediocre singers are the best thing that happened to the music industry. Simon says it like it is, even though at times he can be a little harsh. Oh, and by the way, he has predicted the outcome of EVERY SINGLE SEASON and he has been right EVERY SINGLE SEASON. He knows what he is talking about and if he were to leave, American Idol would fall apart.

68. Anonymous Says:
    December 3rd, 2005 at 8:03 pm

Oh yeah, Simon really knows what he’s talking about. LMAO!! Wasn’t it Slimon that told Bo after he sang Freebird that he needed to pick more well known songs? Then didn’t he quickly change it to he shouldn’t do such a anthem song to cover his ignorant azz when the audience booed and laughed at him?

69. Anonymous Says:
    December 5th, 2005 at 3:01 pm

Yes, Simon correctly picked the winner for season 4 as he and TPTB at AI totally rigged the show so that Carrie would win. For example remember the finale, when both Randy and Simon criticized Bo for being “nervous” when in reality he was suffering from a bowel obstruction and was sick as hell. They also had Bo and Carrie both sing “Inside Your Heaven” on the same episode during the final competition. Clearly, this song fits Carrie’s style over Bo’s. This post is not meant to be a bash but to give my opinion of some of the insidious methods used by TPTB at AI.

70. Anonymous Says:
    December 8th, 2005 at 11:24 am

you guys are stupid! Carrie is the true winner and she is very pretty! I am her number 1 fan!

71. Anonymous Says:
    December 14th, 2005 at 12:26 am

Loved bo’s new cd.. From a Constantine Fan.
    The Rockers Rule!

72. Karley Says:
    December 27th, 2005 at 6:49 pm

I find this news not surprising in the least, from the beginning of the show, we all knew the top 2: Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood but one thing was for sure that no one knew at all that between the two who would win. I understand that Carrie’s album (Some Hearts) first week sales were unbelievably high, I think alot of teenage girls can relate to her (and then again teenage girls are most of the viewers watching the show) and Bo Bice’s album (The Real Thing) also sold very well in its first week. (WENT STRAIT TO #4 ON THE BILLBOARD CHARTS!!) thats incredible!! I think one of the main reasons that Carrie’s first week sales outsold his was because there was lots of confusion when it would finally hit shelves, from the day she won everyone knew it would be a November 15 release, and thought Bo’s would be Nov. 22 but it kept getting post poned (due to health reasons). I think both of these artists have a long and lasting careers ahead of them in the music business, they are both incredibly talented. Carrie has a beautiful voice, but Bo is more of the musican, he’s been at this almost his whole life writing songs and performing.

I am fans of both artists, if I had to choose it would be: Bo Bice

But that may be mainly because I like his genre of music more than country.

One thing though: “Inside your heaven” both made singles of this song. Carrie released her single one week earlier than Bo did. Carrie’s spent one week at number 1. Bo comes along and REPLACES carries at the NUMBER ONE SPOT! That was the FIRST TIME IN BILLBOARD HISTORY that this had happened! BO HAS MADE HISTORY!

..but again both are great in their own way!

73. Karley Says:
    December 27th, 2005 at 6:52 pm

I am fans of both artists, if I had to choose it would be: Bo Bice

But that may be mainly because I like his genre of music more than country.

..but again both are great in their own way!

74. Anonymous Says:
    December 28th, 2005 at 2:53 pm

Oh, God. Now I remember why I hated Carrie during the show. You Carrie fans are so immature and annoying. I just start liking the girl and then I run into you people, start ?ing myself about why I didn’t like her and then it hits me again. Carrie won by VTFW voting for her and if they hadn’t Bo (the rightful idol would have won) instead be arrogant here you should be writing thank you letters to VTFW.

75. Anonymous Says:
    December 28th, 2005 at 2:54 pm

76. Mark Childers Says:
    December 28th, 2005 at 3:28 pm

Umm. those of you who think that the lip synching from Carrie’s video is her lack of performance are rather ignorant. It has nothing to do with her and everything to do in editing. The editor was the idiot. Maybe they wanted it out to fast or whatever. Also, I would rather hear, a singers singer, sing great songs like what is on Carrie’s CD as opposed to an Average singer sing great songs.

77. Mark Says:
    December 28th, 2005 at 3:30 pm

78. ALOHA Says:
    January 13th, 2006 at 8:19 pm

I just stumbled upon this discussion out of the blue. I thought this was about Bo and Carrie..why drag Constantine through the middle of it and everything else? How jealous of him can some of you be? Shaking my head.

79. abrahammy Says:
    January 14th, 2006 at 11:26 am

Carrie is selling very well and as of last night I was completely satisified that she really was more popular than Bo Bice. Since Bo has also been allowed to release a pretty successful album, I have no anguish about him on that score. What worries me about this piece of news is that Clay Aiken lost to Ruben Studdard three years ago by a margin that changed three times over the course of the evening. First it was 13,400 votes, then it was 1,340 votes, and then they said it was 134,000 votes.

These folks seem to be obsessed with multiples of 134.

I’m long over Bo losing, and I think Carrie has a lovely voice, but I’ve suspicious of the AI machine’s methods for several years now and this didn’t help. I do not think I care to watch anymore. I don’t trust the results. I don’t understand why they have a clause in the contract that says they will sue the contestants for FIVE MILLION dollars if they reveal what happens behind the scenes. I don’t understand why they have a clause in the contract that says they can remove any contestant at any time for any reason – or for no reason at all – and I don’t understand why they have a disclaimer that says they have the right to throw out any votes they like.

80. Josh Says:
    January 21st, 2006 at 10:41 am

OK…. The comment about the voting came from Fox News…. Enough said. And from the looks of the record sales of both, Carrie is the deserved winner. This wouldn’t be the first time Fox News got there facts wrong.

81. AI-fan Says:
    January 29th, 2006 at 2:37 am

I don’t really get it why fans fight over who really won the competition and we’ve been seeing this since AI2. That 134 votes was about a poll on fox’s website and not the votes for the show.

Personally I am a country fan so I do prefer Carrie but I think Bo would have better success since country artists rarely make it big outside of America while rockstars go everywhere. Country isn’t really that famous as pop, rock and RnB globally.

About the issue of her lip synching on her video, didn’t she sing well in the competition and artists really does that for their music videos since it should sound as it would on their albums.

They both deserve to win, period. They’ve been successful as musicians and their success as record artist rest on whether they would be able to be a world wide phenomenon as Kelly Clarkson.

82. Petal Blossom Says:
    January 31st, 2006 at 12:15 am

Carrie Underwood is a SUPERSTAR. She has sold over 2 million albums- Bo Bice is a LOSER and FLOP and a FAILURE who is barely going GOLD. If he lost by only over 100 votes- why won’t anyone buy his FLOP ALBUM??? Huh? Where are the people buying his album like they are buying Carrie Underwood- who is a SUPERSTAR. He’s a ZERO- so where are all these VOTERS?? Tell me! Where are they?? They aren’t at the store getting his dreadful album full of awful pop garbage. Don’t anyone DARE mention him in the same sentence with Carrie Underwood- she is a star gone NOVA! Now why don’t all you Bice fans go crawl back into the diseased rathole you came out of!

83. Anonymous Says:
    February 27th, 2006 at 8:23 pm

I heard that Carrie won because of the Vote for the worst voters. It was only a 134 vote margin. Bo lost by not much. It’s probably the closest one yet.

84. Lexxa Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 1:56 pm

Hey Carrie

I need help on a project on you and the internet is not giving me anything.I really need your help. Please e-mail me I really need your help.

P.S. I love your song “Jesus Take The Wheel”

85. Chris Says:
    March 12th, 2006 at 4:48 pm

The awful performance by Bo (Carrie wasn’t much better) on the latest edition of Idol shows how talentless he is. Idol does not attract great singers and I have to wonder why. I personally know dozens better than anyone appearing on the show.

86. The Mels Says:
    March 22nd, 2006 at 3:01 pm

how about this. they both suck . american idol sucks. it’s stpuid to argue over the internet and most of you are probably little home school kids with nothing to do but to watch
    AI over and over again on tivo. OWNED

87. Ketogen Says:
    March 22nd, 2006 at 8:42 pm

judging by how you talk, you have nothing to say. Every word you just vomitted into this conversation just defiled any sort of ‘credit’ you think you may have.

88. Marshall Says:
    March 23rd, 2006 at 9:55 am

wow holy crap…
    for one thing we dont need more people ion the world like bo. He is the most disgusting nasty bummy looking thing i have or anyone at my school has ever seen. And bo did not beet carrie and make history. Get your fricvken story str8. CArrie spent 4 weeks at number one. AN dwhen did i see bo even on the top ten. never i check the billboard and watch trl and cmt. Bo was on trl but never wa carrie on there. Carrie has s0old WAY more cds then bo and everybody is jealous of her. And bo did that katrina thing to get sympathy votes. He wanted people to think he was a kind person. HES A SCUMBAG! CARRIE RULES

89. Lhai Says:
    March 24th, 2006 at 12:09 pm

hey people dont argue about this, Bo and Carrie were both superstars now…they both can sing…they are pure artists with different capabilities…Bo is a showman, Carrie sounds good but really no stage presence…i like both of them…goodluck to both!!!

90. Jackie M. Says:
    April 8th, 2006 at 10:35 pm

I noticed that some very mean things have been said about Bo by some Carrie fans. I for one am a HUGE Bo Bice fan! Now don’t get me wrong, I used to dislike Carrie Underwood a great deal, but then I realized that it was cruel of me to HATE a good friend of Mr. Harold Elwin Bice Jr. I settled my differences and now I don’t mind Carrie. I don’t love her, but I don’t mind her.

91. Elan Argo Says:
    July 16th, 2006 at 8:20 pm

BO BICE IS A TRUE ROCKER!!! HE IS NOT LIKE ALL OF THESE LITTLE EMO BANDS. THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT HE HAS ACCUALLY LIVED A LITTLE BIT.AND COMEING FROM HIS BIGEST FAN(ME)LOL! IF ANYONE HAS A BAD THING TO SAY ABOUT HIM THEY OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT REAL, PURE MUSIC IS!!!LOL! DON’T GET ME WRONG I LOVE CARRIE AND HER MUSIC AND I THINK THEY BOTH DESERVED TO WIN!!BUT MY VOTE DEFFENETLY WENT TO BICE!!HE IS THE REAL THING!!!I LOVE BO 4 LIFE!!!!

92. Anonymous Says: