Carl Says Joey Broke Rules And Did Not Deserve to Win Wanted Ted Or Alive

November 28, 2005 12:02 AM by Joe Blackmon

The first season of OLN’s Wanted Ted or Alive with Ted Nugent came to an end with bad-guy Joey triumphing over good-guy Carl in the series finale.  Joey and Carl did not appear to get along for most of the series, but things really became ugly when Joey spit at Carl during one the challenges.  Carl recently gave Reality TV Magazine the full details on the spitting incident and explained why he thinks Joey didn’t deserve to win.

Reality TV Magazine:  How did you get cast for Wanted Ted or Alive?

Carl:  I got cast for the show by responding to an ad on the website www.craigslist.org. The ad basically said “win $50,000 by living with a rock star,” so I sent in my picture and why I wanted to be on the show.  They called me back and after a few interviews, pages of paper work and a medical physical, I was selected to be on the show.

Reality TV Magazine:  Can you tell us about your views on hunting before getting cast on the show?

Carl:  Before the show, hunting was something I saw that other people did.  Not something I would do.  I was never anti-hunting but more anti killing things because I thought it made the animal suffer taking a bullet.

Reality TV Magazine:  Did your views on hunting change during the course of the show, and if so how?

Carl:  My views on hunting really changed throughout the show.  Ted really explained to me that the only way an animal can die humanely in the wild is by a perfectly placed bullet.  An animal killing another animal does not have that ability.  I can honestly say I understand what Ted was saying when he said he gets "high on hunting."  Hunting can be more than just taking out innocent animals.  Most hunters use all of the animal, and that is what Ted really taught us.  If you kill the beast, use the beast!

Reality TV Magazine:  You shared an emotional moment with Ted Nugent after killing your first deer.  Can you describe what was going through you mind at that moment?

Carl:  There was one main thing that was running through my head when I hit the deer with Ted and that was, "wait until I tell my dad."  My dad is a big time hunter yet he never really took me and Ted knew this after he selected me to go hunting for him.  All I could think was that this experience is one that most fathers have with their son, but I had that father son experience with Ted.  Ted saw me grow immensely during our hunt and there is no one I would have rather been shoulder to shoulder with, no one who I would have rather squeezed after the doe fell, then Ted.  It was all one big emotional rush.

Reality TV Magazine:  During the scarecrow challenge, Joey spit at you.  Did he actually hit you with spit?  Are you still angry at him about spitting at you or have you forgiven him?

Carl:  See the fun with cameras is you didn’t see how many times he actually spit at me.  See, the spitting wasn’t a few times, more like 50+ times, so yes, I got hit by spit quite a few times.  I don’t think I was ever angry at Joey for spitting but disappointed, which I still am.  Even though he claimed it was his "strategy," it’s not something I think any civil human being should do to another.  Yeah, it is reality TV, but still for anyone to spit at another person is degrading.

Reality TV Magazine:  The contest came down to you and Joey.  Can you describe how it felt losing to Joey?

Carl:  It is almost hard to put into words how it felt losing to Joey.  It was that whole sinking feeling where everything inside your body drops to the ground…but a little worse.  It’s the feeling of almost why fight the good fight.  A feeling that makes you want to break down in tears and scream and just fall to the ground and lay in a fetal position.  I don’t think it was because I lost but because I lost to someone I saw as a cheater.  Someone whom I feel never really understood what Ted was trying to convey to us.  Someone who wasn’t deserving.  I lost the good fight, and I can say I know what that feels like now.  And it is a feeling that isn’t very good.

Reality TV Magazine:  Was there anything that happened that didn’t make it onto the show that you wish had been included?

Carl:  Being on the Nuge ranch for a week and having it condensed into four one hour episodes means a lot was not shown.  I really wish they would have shown what actually happened the night we had the tiki bar.  All I will say about it is that some male from the show not named Carl got really trashed and did a sock puppet show for the group about guys and fat women.  I really was hoping just a piece of that was going to be shown.  Also one day Big Jim and Charlotte got into a huge fight that was not shown which I thought was weird because that was one of the reasons she left.  Also after the whole scarecrow incident we were back at camp and I asked Joey if he would have spit at the girls, he said something really close to "I would have spit in anyone’s face there."  He then came to apologize to me and it went close to "sorry for spitting on you, but if we were in the same situation I would do it again."  So it really wasn’t an apology at all.

Reality TV Magazine:  Do you think Joey deserved to win?

Carl:  No, I do not think Joey deserved to win.  He broke so many rules while playing the games he should have been disqualified.  On the balloon egg game he actually took one of Charlotte’s egg from her basket (it wasn’t shown on TV but happened.)  He broke the rules on the pig game, he peaked through the blindfolds in the first competition (which he admitted to after the show), and he opened his hand during the scarecrow competition.  It’s hard watching someone break all the rules and not get any penalties for their actions.

Reality TV Magazine:  Do you have any regrets about doing the show?

Carl:  I have no regrets whatsoever about doing the show.  In fact, the show was one of the greatest experiences of my entire life.  I know I felt myself change for the better and I know I found out what type of person I really was.  How could I have any regrets?  I bagged a doe with Ted Nugent, I made a new life long friend (Shannon whom I still talk with and visit), and know I did everything with respect and integrity, the way I think all people should live life.

Reality TV Magazine:  What is the biggest thing you learned about yourself while doing the show?

Carl:  The biggest thing I learned is that no matter what other people do to me, I still am going to be myself.  I will always have a smile on my face and be willing to help others out.  Even when people spit in my face, nothing is ever going to bring me down.  Never will I sacrifice my own integrity and with the whole Joey situation, I really proved this to myself.

Topics: Wanted: Ted or Alive |

21 Responses to “Carl Says Joey Broke Rules And Did Not Deserve to Win Wanted Ted Or Alive”

1. Lupe Gaytan Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 5:37 pm

Hi this is Joey dad, carl needs to be qiuet and accept the fact that he lost. Ted Nugent once spit at his concert and done many other show bizzards. Is ted a low life no, that was intertainment Carl grow up.Everybody i no says Joey was the main guys that carry the show carl , not you. And everybody seen that canol race carl and everybody agree you tryed to knock joey canol over. Joey used strategy to win. so shut up and get on with your life

2. Lupe Gaytan Says:
    November 28th, 2005 at 5:38 pm

3. Jen Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 3:33 am

Its too bad a little bitch like Joey won. I would have really loved to see Carl win that last challenge.

Congrats for coming in second overall, Carl :D

4. AM Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 12:29 pm

Way to go Joey!!! That was brilliant!

5. AM Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 12:31 pm

oh and Carl, suck it up. Move on.

6. Anonymous Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 1:01 pm

I found myself really into this show. I watched every episode. I didn’t like how Carl was be portrayed as the nice guy and Joey as the mean guy. Joey won fair and square many of the challenges. Carl to me seemed like a sore loser. He couldn’t get over the fact that Joey was beating him. Joey deserved to win and it touch me that from the beginning to the end everything that he did was for his family. Good job Joey!

7. Anonymous Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 1:17 pm

Joey congratulations! It seems like some of the viewers judged joey on his appearance and not on his achievements. It’s nice to see a young kid thinking of his family and going through something like that for the good of the family.

8. billy Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 10:40 pm

carl is an idiot. he should stop being such a crybaby. he shoots a deer and then cries about being spit on? who does that?

9. earl Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 10:43 pm

unlce joey is awesome. they should put him on surreal life.

10. Berny Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 10:53 pm

I thought Joey did a great job. He did what he thought he needed to do to win and he did. Joey could have tipped Carl over in the last show but knew he didn’t have to. Carl is a wimp, I can’t see how he is going to make it in LA.
    Go Joey!!! Keep it up.

11. trent Says:
    November 29th, 2005 at 11:22 pm

Hi this is kind of a message to carl, did you know if someone intentionally spits on you it is considered assult and battery? If you want to sue that Joey kid, i will represent you anytime.

12. ScottyJ Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 12:41 am

Wow, alot of Joey fan read this. Well let me be the first say, I hate Joey for spitting on anyone. I’m sorry there is just messed up. Carl was the bigger man and didn’t resort to a LAST DITCH EFFORTS like that. The reality is Joey was so worried about loosing, so he had to do something like that. That is true weakness.

13. Misfitz Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 5:57 am

Damn, Carl and everyone else on that show acted like a wuss, the show would have sucked if it was’nt for that Joey kid, some of you people on here are ******* idiots!

14. Anonymous Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 11:44 am

i would like to comment on those who are still hung up on the spitting those post they were hung on were pretty far away from each other. the show wanted to see how city slickers would react to the outdoors it was not lunch at the plaza get over it

15. Sarah Says:
    December 5th, 2005 at 1:44 am

UMMMM…..PLAIN AND SIMPLE….JOEY WON, NOBODY LIKES IT.
    EVERYONE WAS ROOTING FOR CARL(EVEN TED)
    HE PLAYED THE BAD GUY, HE GOT ALOT OF FILM TIME, AND AMERICA KNOWS THE SIZE OF HIS “TEENIE” DICK.
    CONGRATS, JOEY.
    THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO ROOT FOR CARL AND COMMEND AND MASTURBATE TO SHANNON. THINK CHARLOTTES A WIMP AND MAKELA ALL TALK.
    QUESTION? JOEY HAS MONEY AND NO ADMIRES…..WHICH IS MORE VALUABLE?
    HMMMMMM…..

16. Rochelle Says:
    December 5th, 2005 at 11:36 am

First off Congrats JOEY!!! You busted your ass to win, unlike some people who tried to kiss ass to win.And as far as that wanna be lawyer wanting to help sue Joey, dude, you need to get a life and find some real clients!! Joey has been the same since I first met him 15 years ago, badass and real to the bone!!! You really think he’s gonna change just cuz he’s in front of the cameras?!! And if it werent for him, the show woulnd’t have been so widely watched and enjoyed!! Keep going strong Joey!!

17. jackie Says:
    December 8th, 2005 at 6:36 pm

GO JOEY!!!

I MUST ADMIT….THAT SHOW WOULD NOT HAVE HAD HIGH RATINGS IF JOEY WASNT ON IT!
    I KNOW I WOULDNT HAVE WATCHED IT! I KNOW WHO TED IS…MY MOM WAS AN 80 ROCK FAN…AND OK MABY JOEY DIDNT HAVE THE WHOLE “TED EXPERIENCE” IN MIND…BUT FUCK BOTTOM LINE IS……..MONEY! DUH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!
    THATS LIL WIMP CARL NEEDED 2 GET OVET THE “BIG PICTURE” AND START THINKING ABOUT….HOW AM I GOING 2 WIN THIS MONEY..NOT OH GEE…ITS BEAUTIFUL OUT HERE ON THE RANCH!! DUMBASS..JOEY HAD A GOAL AND RAN 2 IT!
    GO JOEY!!!!!!!

18. Chapman Says:
    December 29th, 2005 at 2:21 am

Carl, go and change your tampon already. I know your pussy has got to be hurtting by now, given all the crying you’ve been doing.

Joey, Congrats. From this E.B. white Boy, You fuck’n deserve it!
    -Out

19. Cheech Says:
    December 31st, 2005 at 4:16 am

There wasn’t a more deserving and hard-working contestant! Joey knows how to get what he wants and obviously, how to win.
    Carl- the fact that you are so openly bitter about your loss shows your true character, and probably why you lost.
    Congrats Joey on a well-deserved win! You’re the bomb diggity! :)

20. Thomas Williams Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 9:21 pm

I am positive Joe is an obviously complete loser and had one chance to prove it to the viewers of Ted or Alive and he succeeded 100 percent. Absolute garbage of a human being. I feel sorry for anybody who has to know him. I base my opinion solely on what I saw on the show. He may have won this competition but I am positive he will lose in real life.

21. Shannon Says:
    May 15th, 2007 at 10:41 pm

Way to go cousin of mine… it’s all about strategy and family. Glad you and Carl are friends now. Also good luck on your acting career. Joey fans… keep an eye out you’ll be seeing more of him and his family will still be watching.

Comments