The Biggest Loser 2 Winner Is Matt

November 29, 2005 11:35 PM by Joe Blackmon

Biggestloser_mattIn the two hour Biggest Loser finale, the first hour re-introduces the eliminated contestants.  All of the eliminated contestants except for Nick return.  Caroline Rhea announces that the eliminated contestant with the biggest percentage of weight loss will win $100,000.

Some of the eliminated contestants have lost so much weight that they look like completely different people.  Pete wins the $100,000, having lost 185 pounds which represents a weight loss percentage of 46.13%.  Mark is the closest to Pete with a weight loss percentage of 46.09%.  If Mark had lost one more pound, then he would have beaten Pete.

The second hour of The Biggest Loser 2 starts out by showing what it was like for Suzie, Matt, and Seth when they went home.  Suzie breaks down in tears over watching her friends eat, Seth breaks down under stress and eats a burrito when his son has a seizure, and Matt gets a concussion while wrestling.

Seth weighs in first, and he has lost 123 pounds (42.27%).  Suzie weighs in second, and she has lost 95 pounds (41.85%).  Matt weighs in last, and he has lost 157 pounds (46.31%).  Matt wins $250,000 as the biggest loser.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for The Biggest Loser news.  For other great The Biggest Loser news, please also check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser.

Topics: The Biggest Loser |

12 Responses to “The Biggest Loser 2 Winner Is Matt”

1. Anonymous Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 8:19 am

I can’t believe how close the weight lost percentage was between some contestants. I think it was all a setup to create drama.

2. Emily Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 9:57 am

I was not surprized to see that Bad Attitude Nick did not show up! I am so inspired by all of these people. I have lost 20 pounds so far with a contest I am having with friends. I appreicate all this show has done for me and my friends. Hard work is the only way to go. MATT WE are all so Proud of you. Suzy you look Fabulous!

3. Tina Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 1:09 pm

I really enjoyed watching this season of the Biggest Loser. Losing that kind of weight is not easy and does not happen overnight…but it is very rewarding at the end! All the contestants looked wonderful and did an excellent job. They are very inspiring to anyone trying to accomplish anything big or small.

4. AP Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 4:58 pm

One correction to the summary: Matt THOUGHT he had a concussion but actually did not, based on his televised visit to the doctor.

The only thing about the show that bothers me is the show’s insistence that it avoids “gimmicks” in inducing people to lose weight. They are trying to contrast their method of diet and exercise with methods like gastric bypass surgery, which they liken to “quick weight loss schemes” . However, it is clear that The Biggeset Loser uses a gimmick of its own: it surrounds its contestants with like-minded people, isolates them from family, friends, school and work obligations, provides free personal trainers, monitors them with TV cameras, and uses a huge monetary prize as a weight loss incentive. How many of us can devote months to nothing but weight loss?

The gimmick had negative effects on some contestants, who noted the extreme difference between real life and the surreal one created by the Biggest Loser production team- a difference that led Suzie to cry because she couldn’t deal with the real-life challenge of eating at a restaurant. The Biggest Loser should at least come clean on that aspect. We are so used to the “surreality” created by “reality television” that it is easy to forget how far from real life these shows really are. I hope that the contestants get support to adapt their new healthy habits to their busy lives in the real world, where it really counts.

Congratulations to all of the Losers All are winners!

5. heather Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 5:59 pm

My husband and I were watching the season finale when Suzie busted out of her fat poster. From that point on she acted a little drunk. You could tell that the other players, host and trainers were getting irritated. We laughed for a while and then it hit me. She wasn’t drunk. It’s amazing how different people act when they look better and feel better about themselves. They tend to take on a whole new personality. In Suzie’s case her inner college-girl hyped up on dope came out. I have no doubt when she sees herself on the finale, she’ll tone it down a bit.

6. TIM SWEENEY Says:
    November 30th, 2005 at 11:09 pm

i WOULD JUST LIKE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW ,IN RESPONSE TO THE “BAD ATTITUDE NICK” COMMENT.NICK WAS OVER HERE IN BEAUTIFUL AFGHANISTAN SUPPORTING THE TROOPS WITH HIS WONDERFUL WIT AND SENSE OF HUMOR.SO I GUESS HE WAS WITH THE REAL LOSERS INSTEAD OF ON TV.

7. peggy s. smith Says:
    December 7th, 2005 at 10:30 am

To all the contestants of the Biggest Loser,
    I am of normal weight as is my husband. My only daughter Alexis, age 10 yrs. old has a weight problem. We’ve been working though this with our Doctor. YOU HAVE ALL been such a Big inspiration to my daughter and all her efforts to lose weight. We are so very proud of all of you. Thank you all for helping 100s of people get back on that trend mill of life. God Bless you all. The Smith’s Peggy,Dan, And Alexis

8. hmm Says:
    December 11th, 2005 at 3:12 am

“bad attitude nick” still has a bad attitude. You could tell during his staying at the Ranch on the show. First, he wouldn’t tell his final weight(therefore he didnt lose any weight) and then he didn’t show up. His only excuse was travel to Afganistan. If he really doesn’t have a bad attitude then he needs to work on his body language a little bit.

9. daner with no muscles Says:
    December 11th, 2005 at 9:16 pm

I myself lost 53 pounds. Im now at 110 and and would like to loose 20 more pounds. Im 3’7

10. jasmine Says:
    December 12th, 2005 at 9:47 pm

THe winner of the biggest loser is coming to my school tommorrow!!!

11. Kandy Says:
    January 3rd, 2006 at 8:55 am

Congrats to all of the contestants on the show. They all look like beautiful people. Pete is fine!

12. Jaime Stockton Says:
    October 26th, 2006 at 9:42 am

Did Matt and Suzy really get married. If so Im so happy for them because I thought from the frist time Suzy said she wasnt with anyone I knew that Matt was the one for her.

Comments