Brooke Barrettsmith, A Christian Rock Artist On American Idol 5

January 21, 2006 06:48 PM by Joe Blackmon

Brooke_barrettsmithBrooke Barrettsmith performed on the American Idol premiere with her sister Leah Barrettsmith.  Brooke Barrettsmith is a 23 year old female from Spring Grove, Illinois.  Brooke sang “It’s In His Kiss” during her audition.

The Barrettsmith girls were introduced in a lengthy background segment, involving their hometown of Spring Grove, Illinois.  The sisters introduced the “infamous 4-way stoplight from their hometown.”  They also introduced the World’s Largest Corn Maze, which is cut into a tribute to the Chicago Bears winning the Super Bowl in 1985.

What the background segment that portrayed them as small-town girls did not mention is that Brooke and Leah Barrettsmith are experienced Christian Rock musicians.  The sisters have been in a band called Two 4 One, which won a contest held by Morgan Cryar and Premier Records where the prize was full production of a single called "My 911."

Two 4 One at one time had their own website, but the website is no longer online.  History of the website shows that in the past the girls had a development deal with Word Records of Nashville, Tennessee.  The website also mentioned that they had shared the stage with artists such as “Steven Curtis Chapman, Audio Adrenaline, Tait, Toby Mac, SuperChick, Jake, Paul Coleman Trio, Sonic Flood, Hangnail, By The Tree, Chris Rice, Jeremy Camp and many others.”

Two 4 One also included three male musicians (Brooke and Leah’s two brothers and a longtime friend).  The band released a CD called “Open Arms.”  Two 4 One described itself as  “a ministry dedicated to seeing young people truly changed by music with a message of eternal security found only in saving faith in the work of Jesus Christ. “

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

9 Responses to “Brooke Barrettsmith, A Christian Rock Artist On American Idol 5”

1. Mitch Says:
    January 23rd, 2006 at 1:51 am

I’d just like to say that I went to high school with Brooke and am incredibly happy for her and her accomplishments.

2. Melissa-IL Says:
    January 23rd, 2006 at 10:36 pm

Great article! I am so proud of them both for making it as far as they did on AI! I met them both a few years ago when Two4One was just starting out and remained friends with Brooke, running into her from time to time. Very talented young ladies!

3. Glen Johnson Says:
    February 1st, 2006 at 3:24 am

I think they are wonderful, both of them. I’ve known them for years, but havn’t talked to them since 2000 when i joined the army, I wish them all the luck in the world!

4. J.D. Matthews Says:
    February 21st, 2006 at 12:14 am

Brooke is so nice. I interviewed her for an article, which is posted at http://jdmatthews.blogspot.com/2006/02/american-idols-true-sweetheart-brooke.html

5. Billy Adams Says:
    March 8th, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Well this is a once in a life time thing lol but im actually in Brookes current band. My background is that, I joined two 4 one before leah and brooke seperated. Now we are in a new band called “Goodbye.” You can check our band out at myspace.com/goodbyeband or goodbyemusic.com. Our music is still a ministry, i stumbled apon this so thanks for the artical.

6. shelby and Elli baker ( your couzin) Says:
    October 21st, 2006 at 12:15 am

hey you guys its me Elli and my friend shelby im over at her house and we were looking up ur band so Hi Tuffy,Brooke,Leah,and last but not least VICTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! We went 2 Richadson’s corn maze and it was a blast and they talked abt u and i raised my hand and said that Brooke and Leah were my couzins and then she was all wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! And i was like yeah. So now i feel special. And i’m in choir this year and when i sing i think abt u. And that’s a good feeling. Well got 2 go.
    With luv Elli

7. shelby and Elli baker ( your couzin) Says:
    October 21st, 2006 at 12:18 am

With luv Elli and Shelby

8. Elli Says:
    April 26th, 2007 at 5:36 pm

Hi it’s Elli! I want to see u guys really bad!! Well i might cuz my mom said something about u coming over Brooke?! I really miss u Leah!! Ur so far away. I really miss u 2 Brooke. Ok and Aunt Julie, Uncle Scott, Victor, and Tuffy! I miss u guys! Well i hope to see all of u soon!!!! God bless u! Luv Elli!!

9. Ur biggest fan!! Says:
    October 25th, 2007 at 5:49 pm

Hi Brooke, Leah!! I’m like ur biggest fan!! And I know alot about you guys! Like theirs a girl named Elli thats ur cousin well who know’s if thats true, but I would really like to meet you it would be like such and honor!! Well I also know that you guys were on AI, and that ur new song is going to be on klove in January and that you guys are like totally amazing!!!! Well gtg! Luv ya’ll, bye!!

Comments