Garet Johnson, A Cowboy On American Idol 5

January 24, 2006 12:03 AM by Joe Blackmon

Garet_johnsonGaret Johnson is an 18 year old male from Veteran, Wyoming.  Veteran is a town of just four people.  Garet sang “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” by Elton John during his American Idol 5 audition.
Garet says his everyday life is about riding horse, chasing cows, and doctoring the sick ones.  Garet’s singing partner is a turkey (literally).

Simon Cowell asked Garet if he had enough money to pay for vocal lessons, and Garet responded “probably not.”  When Simon asked if someone would help him, Garet responded “I don’t know.  I don’t have much.”  Garet also revealed “This is the first time I’ve ever been out in public really.”

Paula Abdul said no to Garet advancing to Hollywood, but Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson said yes.  Randy Jackson asked Garet if he had ever been on a plane, and Garet responded “No, I’ve always wanted to be on a plane.  It’s kind of a silly dream, but I’ve always wanted to be on a plane.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

54 Responses to “Garet Johnson, A Cowboy On American Idol 5”

1. Simon Says Says:
    January 24th, 2006 at 12:49 am

The ‘C’ Factor- Garet Johnson May Win on Cuteness Alone

Can you hear it? A low throbbing sound echoing across the spacious skies and fruited plains? Followed by a sound not dissimilar to a nation of women sighing and giggling in unison? There’s a new heartthrob in America, and his friends don’t call him “Ac…

2. BitzofBrin Says:
    January 24th, 2006 at 4:16 am

Garet’s so cute. All my friends are in love with him. I’ve never seen an Idol contestant get so many fans so early in the season. I hope he can handle the next stage…

~Brin

-=-
    Listen to my podcast! – http://bitzofbrin.com
    I’m in iTunes!! – http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=83039651
    Simon Says Visit My Home on IdolGoHome! – http://www.idolgohome.com/Oct15/BlogWorld/index.php?blog=55

3. Anonymous Says:
    January 24th, 2006 at 11:00 am

I like Garet … He’s cute .. he’s real …. and his purpose auditioning was not to make a mockery of the process. Go Garet!!!!!!!!

4. Sarah Says:
    January 24th, 2006 at 5:55 pm

He’s such a sweetheart! He has REAL talent. I’m sure he can make it to the top 12!

5. Leanne Says:
    January 24th, 2006 at 7:31 pm

I think American Idol is about to do something great by putting a “Veteran” on the map!! I also think millions are going to “gobble” Garet up.
    Simon knows he’s got a great deal of raw talent worth investing in. Good for you Simon and Randy! I just don’t understand what happened with Paula? That “NO” she blurted will send Garet 2 steps forward and Paula 1 step back.You go boy!!

6. Ashley Says:
    January 25th, 2006 at 8:42 am

He’s adorable. I hope he does well, and has a hell of a time.

7. AMBER Says:
    January 25th, 2006 at 1:16 pm

He reminds me of Leo Di’caprio when he was young. Physicallly wise

8. Dawn Says:
    January 25th, 2006 at 1:33 pm

He’s sooo hot and a wonderful singer. He’s also so innocent and naturally beautiful. I want him to win!

9. Tracy Goodwin Says:
    January 25th, 2006 at 3:43 pm

Garet has already become a star to millions of Americans–I was thrilled to go to American Idol’s website and see that I was not the only person positively affected by this young man’s charisma. There are pages and pages of posts from people whose hearts Garet has stolen with his genuine warmth, infectious spirit, natural humor, loads of charm and great vocal talent–which will only improve with training! No matter what happens on “American Idol”, Garet has fans all across the USA. And, while I’m sure many of them will be teenaged girls with crushes on this new “Idol”–I can assure you that his appeal will be far-reaching–to all ages, all races, men and women alike. This country desperately needs an “Idol” who epitomizes the American dream–and this boy is it. The State of Wyoming can be proud! Thanks, Tracy Goodwin
    Natick, MA

10. CARMC Says:
    January 26th, 2006 at 2:49 pm

oh man, I love this kid, he’s so innocent, you don’t see that anymore..hopefully he’ll make to the top 12

11. CJ Says:
    January 27th, 2006 at 8:07 am

Garet is awesome and talented. :) he’ll be great once he hone his talent

12. cg Says:
    February 7th, 2006 at 10:04 pm

Hes soo adorable and innocent. He deff was better than 75% of the people who tried out. Deff a winner

13. Anonymous Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 9:29 pm

Garet is my FAVORITE, and i love him so much! if he gets kicked out i will never watch idol ever agian. GO GARET!

14. hi Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 10:10 pm

Garet came here wanting to win. He didn’t just want to go on TV and make a fool of himself, he wanted to try his best–and he did. I really hope he goes far. He’s never been out in public–or anywhere. He’s real and he has talent.

15. lee-nard mhyko sarda Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 10:58 pm

16. lee-nard mhyko sarda Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 11:00 pm

oops………I forgot to say hi to simon………ur so hot bro….good luck Garet…….

17. lee-nard mhyko sarda Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 11:02 pm

I did this twice to make it sure……!!!anyway, Im an avid fan of American Idol here in the Philippines…one thing that i can say about this guy when i saw him during his audition …….he’s so true and honest……..I love his looks anyway that reminds me my idol Leonardo diCaprio……..well, keep it up Garet…….I know u can make it to the final 12……….good luck Garet……….

18. S.K.L Says:
    February 9th, 2006 at 12:27 am

Garet you are a breath of fresh country air. I think you have what it takes tobe the next American Idol. Take it slow and be true to yourself. You have what it takes to make the American people stand up and be proud. Good luck and stand strong, your friend Kyle

19. s_jmckinney696 Says:
    February 9th, 2006 at 9:56 am

This guy is such a little sweetheart! I love his innocense and his attitude. He will go far in life! Hope to see more of him on American Idol!

20. landon Says:
    February 9th, 2006 at 12:52 pm

I hope he makes it to where America can vote for him because he deserves it

21. Anonymous Says:
    February 9th, 2006 at 3:16 pm

I want garrett to win. He has a great voice, charisma and a rare innocence much needed in the music business. His character is timeless and will transcend all ages groups. Gooooo Garrett!!

22. Anonymous Says:
    February 9th, 2006 at 3:16 pm

23. manda Says:
    February 9th, 2006 at 11:46 pm

garet = simply amazing.

that’s all.

24. Anonymous Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 1:17 am

I really hope Garet wins. He is just the kind of “Idol” America needs. If he gets to the stage where America can vote, I will vote for him for sure! It will be my first time ever voting. And, I agree with the previous poster.. if he gets kicked off, I will stop watching American Idol!

25. Anonymous Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 1:18 am

I just want to “gobble” Garet up! Yeehaw!

26. Linaeth Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 8:40 pm

Not only is Garet adorable, he has a great deal of talent. His nerves are really the only thing working against him right now. He’s never really been around crowds…I guess that’s the disadvantage to growing up in a town of only four residents!

27. Linaeth Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 8:47 pm

Another comment from Lina–Garet, give it everything you’ve got and above all, HAVE FUN! You definitely have my vote. ^___^

28. lee-nard mhyko Says:
    February 11th, 2006 at 4:51 am

Hey all Garet’s fans out there,did he make it to the next round in hollywood audition?………I want him to win cuz he is so real with natural charisma………..go Garet………..I’m gonna support you man………….

29. Chloe Says:
    February 11th, 2006 at 3:10 pm

I would LOVE to see Garrett go far this season. It touched my heart to see him at the beach during the tour of Hollywood the contestants went on. He is such a sweetie and already has a huge fanbase, which will give him an advantage.

30. Tina_barrelracer_#14 Says:
    February 12th, 2006 at 5:12 pm

I think that Garet can make it to the top 12 that would be so cool. your voice is really sweet. I like it

31. Ashley Says:
    February 14th, 2006 at 8:54 pm

omg he is such a cutie…i can’t believe they cut him.. he could have won with all the fans he probably had..i mean i fell in love with him the fisrt time he sang and talked. Those freaking judges need to get a heart and just because of 1 bad stage performance….doesnt mean its the end for a guy. And that beach scence with him put a tear to my eyes..gahhh

32. Holly Says:
    February 14th, 2006 at 8:56 pm

I LOVE GARET! He is so cute and has an amazing voice… I am REALLY PISSED OFF that he got eliminated in Hollywood!!! REALLY PISSED OFF! I hope he makes an album anyway, because I will buy it the day it is released. I was really hoping he would make the top 12 at least… and now I’m going to cry. Seriously.

33. chloe Says:
    February 14th, 2006 at 9:27 pm

i love garet i hate u simon 4 kicking him off i hate u simon

34. Beth Says:
    February 14th, 2006 at 9:54 pm

Garet go cut!!! I was so upset..he was my favorite american idol

35. dam Says:
    February 14th, 2006 at 10:22 pm

Question for the women:

Would you’all “do” Garrett?

36. dam Says:
    February 14th, 2006 at 10:24 pm

Question for the women:

Would you’all “do” Garrett?

37. KyleTX Says:
    February 15th, 2006 at 12:07 am

Garet I am so sorry buddy. I was looking forward to hearring you sing. I am at a loss for words.

38. marina Says:
    February 15th, 2006 at 4:22 pm

he is adorable/i hope that he makes it.he is the cutest thing.he won my heart !!!!

39. Briana Harbaugh Says:
    February 15th, 2006 at 7:42 pm

Garet you were the best and i was so pissed at the judges last night i think i could of kicked some ass i am so sorry you didn’t make it that far but i love you any way. ive always wanted to live on a farm maybe i can come live with you well i cryed when they let you go but i love you and always will love you say hi to your turkey for me Love Briana I LOVE YOU GARET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Adoring Fan Says:
    February 15th, 2006 at 7:43 pm

Garet, I sent you a letter, please write back! I really do think you are an amazing gut, so please… just wish and dream hard with ALL your might. Practice singing infront of people; that will help. And no one is pressuring you. Do what is right in your heart.

41. Karim Says:
    February 15th, 2006 at 9:57 pm

Hey I’m from Italy.
    I just watched Garet get thrown away from American Idol and..Omg..I nearly cryed.

I don’t even know if you are ever gonna read this Garet..but I think you really didn’t let anybody down. You were the MAN out there. We really love you in Rome! Keep on singing buddy! See you next year at American Idol 6

42. North Pole Toy Maker Says:
    February 16th, 2006 at 3:33 pm

Hey to the little Turkey singer cowboy “G”: You grabbed the hearts of millions of fans, buddy. Your innocence was refreshing. Wish more people had your qualities. Am proud of you and your efforts. And your two cowboy singing team members – you guys were awesome, being supportive and able to see the big picture with young “G”‘s best interests and heart in mind, as you three sang.

Rock-on fellows – I gotta go check on the new elves, now!

Claus.

43. Brett - Shogeybear Says:
    February 16th, 2006 at 8:52 pm

I love your little cowboy hat and little cowboy boots. Hang in there sugarbritches !!

44. Kayla Ellis Says:
    February 16th, 2006 at 9:57 pm

I LOVE GARET!!! I HOPE HE WINS AND I WISH I COULD GO OUT WITH HIM BECAUSE HE IS JUST SO CUTE AND HAS A WONDERFUL TALENT AND IS SOOOOOO HOT AND HAS A GREAT PERSONALITY I HOPE HE WINS AMERICAN IDOL I AM ROOTING FOR YOU GARET REMEBER YOU HAVE ALOT OF FANS WHO CARE I KNOW I DO SO I LOVE YOU YOU GOOD LUCK AT THE AUDITIONS AND HE IS A TRUE COWBOY THATS ALSO WHAT I LIKE ABOUT HIM SO I AM FOR HIM ALL THE WAY LOVE YOU GARET ALL THE WAY FROM HUBBARD, TEXAS A SMALL TOWN WHO LOVES YOU AS MUCH AS I DO

45. Casandra Rene Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 12:24 am

I loved Garet soo much! I still love Garet! I want to meet him and tell him what a great singer he really is. If I had the chance i would totally marry him. I say that because I love his personality, his kindness to others, his looks, and him. I hope he comes back next year and shows Paula what a great singer he is and throws it her in face!! heh!

46. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Says:
    February 22nd, 2006 at 9:45 pm

garet shouldnt have been sent home because he had an american idol attitude!!!! I wish he was in the top 24 and wouldve made it but sadly he didnt. i hope a record company comes along and gives him a record deal!!

47. Carlyn Goldstein Says:
    February 27th, 2006 at 7:20 pm

i want Garet Johnson to make a cd! he is my american idol!

48. Jessie Says:
    March 5th, 2006 at 2:37 pm

Garet should not have been sent home i have not looked at american idol since he was sent home. I really thought he was going to win

49. Jessie Says:
    March 5th, 2006 at 2:37 pm

50. Jamez Says:
    March 6th, 2006 at 7:22 pm

I absolutely ADORE Garet….He is just so ADORABLE!!!!I cryed when he got sent home!

51. larry Says:
    October 9th, 2006 at 3:13 am

52. larry Says:
    October 9th, 2006 at 3:15 am

garet u were my favorite i love u buddy you are cool and i bet your fun to hangout with you’ll get next time email me sometime its
    alljackedup17@yahoo.com i’m larry

53. Danielle Says:
    February 4th, 2007 at 8:13 pm

Garet, is so cute and adorable. I hope he makes a cd also.I would be so luck if I could meet him someday soon.

54. rick fox Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 4:12 pm

Garet, I think the judges were jealous of your talent and style. “You make that so called professional Paula” an amature. I think you are the Idol that should have been. Hang in there bud.

Comments