American Idol – Girls Rule Boston, Looks Like Clay Aiken

February 07, 2006 11:40 PM by Joe Blackmon

Michael_sandeckiEven though Simon Cowell predicted that “a boy could actually win this competition this year,” it’s the girl contestants that seem to have stood out the most so far.  Many news agencies are touting names like Paris Bennett, Katherine McPhee, Lisa Tucker, and Kellie Pickler as the early favorites.  The trend continued in Boston where for awhile it looked like only girls were going to make it through to Hollywood.

The Boston auditions kicked off with James Yokley Jr. performing a patriotic rap.  While Randy Jackson loves his outfit and Paula Abdul appreciates the lyrical content, the judges are not impressed with his vocals.  Randy tells him “I wouldn’t even do the music thing if I were you, dog.”

Things pick up a little bit with Ayla Brown who sings “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.”  Even though the judges initially say they aren’t impressed, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson send her through to Hollywood.

Things turn a little strange with Irada Jafarova who sings “Unbreak My Heart.” She pulls open her dress to reveal a smaller dress.  She also does a sexy dance.  Simon Cowell says “you’re one of those packages you get at Christmas time where you say can I give it back.”  However, Randy Jackson asks for something else, and Irada sings “Chain of Fools.”   Simon says everything about the audition was horrific, and Irada storms out of the room.

Of course no American Idol audition city would be complete without a set of twins.  The O’Donahue twins profess that they “do everything together.”  Well, apparently everything but sing together, because one of them is recovering from vocal cord surgery.  Rebecca O’Donahue sings “Black Velvet,” while her twin sits by the door and mouths the words.  Again, the judges appear unimpressed, but Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson ultimately put Rebecca through to Hollywood.

Tatiana Ward says she is trying out because she has something to prove to her grandmother, who she says disowned her mother when her mother married a black man.  After her performance, Tatiana tells Randy “if I tell you that I like your sweater will that matter.”  On the other hand, Simon tells Tatiana (who has frizzy hair) that she reminds him of  “a pet poodle.”  Following the theme of the day, Simon says no, but Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson wind up sending Tatiana through to Hollywood.

Holly Corrente, who works at a rehabilitation center, gets one of those sentimental background stories that usually only contestants going through to the next round get.  Despite a decent performance of “Left Outside Alone,” all three judges say no.

Things get strange again with Kenneth Maccarone who sings “Believe” by Cher.  Simon Cowell tells him to “be a female impersonator.”  Kenneth responds “absolutely not” because he doesn’t want to dress up like a woman.  Simon responds “You sounded like Cher, you want to do Judy Garland, and yet you don’t want to wear women’s clothes."

Just when it’s looking like not a single boy will make it through, sixteen year old Kevin Covais sings “You Raise Me Up.”  Simon Cowell isn’t impressed and says “I think anyone over the age of eighty would love you.  I don’t think anyone under the age of twenty would be able to relate to you.”  However, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson like him and put him through to Hollywood.

The Boston auditions end with a contestant that looks very similar to Clay Aiken.  However, Michael Sandecki only looks like Clay Aiken.  When Michael sings “In The Still Of The Night,” it becomes obvious that he doesn’t have Clay Aiken’s voice.  Simon Cowell says “Let’s just deal with the Clay Aiken thing which is quite obvious who you’ve modeled yourself on, at least he could sing.” Michael offers the excuse “I’m nervous as hell and I’ve gotta pee.”  The judges let Michael go take a restroom break, but when he returns, Simon says he is worse.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol, Clay Aiken |

23 Responses to “American Idol – Girls Rule Boston, Looks Like Clay Aiken”

1. Petal Blossom Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 12:56 am

Carrie Underwood has ruined this show because no one can be as great as she was- you just can’t follow in the footsteps of a superstar like Carrie Underwood, who has already sold over two millions albums and is right now, the biggest star in the world.

I am not impressed with any of these girls. I hope Hollywood reveals some talent that we have not seen or this season is going to be a major disappointment.

2. C Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 8:09 am

hmmmm …. I remember the Idol promos saying “some of the best talent ever! this season”….

I AM JUST NOT SEEIN’ IT!!!!!!

3. Anonymous Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 9:27 am

Ha! Carrie Underwood is FAR from being the biggest star in the world….Kelly Clarkson will always be the true Amwerican Idol.

4. Sandy Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 5:43 pm

That kid looked about as much like Clay Aiken as your average plus-size African-American dude with a “205″ jersey looks like Ruben Studdard. Or every 30-ish long-haired white rocker in a dashiki looks like Bo Bice. LOL

“Let’s just deal with the Clay Aiken thing which is quite obvious who you’ve modeled yourself on. At least he could sing.” – Probably one of the wiser things Simon has said all season.

Hint to contestants: If you really do look like a famous person, you don’t have to dress up like an old photo of them to make people notice it. LOL

5. Sharon Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 8:30 pm

Carrie sounds like every other country singer. Kelly is good, but becoming predictable. The only actual phenonmenon of AI, all seasons, is Clay. He can out-sing everyone else and is a stand-up guy to boot!

6. freakgrrrrrl Says:
    February 8th, 2006 at 8:46 pm

That Clay-wannabe was really annoying. But at least he served his purpose of making me laugh my ass off.

7. Anonymous Says:
    February 9th, 2006 at 7:16 pm

he looks just like clay

8. Vickie Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 3:02 am

He had the striped shirt and glasses, but that was about it. Even at his original audition, Clay was better-looking than this guy!

And, as much as I like Carrie, and am happy for her success while remaining true to her country roots, I too agree that Kelly is a bigger star than she is.

9. Vickie Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 3:04 am

10. Sunshine Petal Blossom Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 4:42 am

I don’t think anyone should want to represent themselves as Clay Aiken- has anyone read the National Inquiror? This guy said he had unsafe sex with Clay after Clay found him online and he says he has proof of it with a rag- he has been on Howard Stern and talked about it – so far, Clay has not sued him so it seems like it is true.

I don’t mind Clay being gay, but if he is, he is a liar and no role model because he lies about it and has allegedly unsafe sex with people he just meets on the internet.

So no one should be trying to be like CLAY AIKEN!!!!

11. Hello? Says:
    February 10th, 2006 at 5:42 am

You don’t actually believe those tabloids? Urgh. Besides, its a SINGING(I repeat, SINGING)competition where in which gender issues do not matter. Of course you’d want to sound like Clay Aiken, least have some resemblence to him. I mean, come on, Clay Aiken is good. He can sing. And you know it. just listen to him and you’ll go:”Who gives a crack if he’s gay?”

12. Sonny Says:
    February 22nd, 2006 at 6:56 pm

AI5 contestants should aspire to be Carrie Underwood and Clay Aiken. They are what AI stands for.

13. allie Says:
    March 7th, 2006 at 7:42 pm

Vicki

You say you read about Clay in the National INQUIROR? I think maybe your choice of reading material is as bad as your spelling.

Do you also believe in 2 headed alien babies? That was in the same issue!

14. Allie Says:
    March 7th, 2006 at 7:45 pm

Sorry Vicki, I meant to address above to “Sunshine Petal Blossom”

Allie

15. Jessica Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:55 pm

CLAY AIKEN IS NOT GAY OK

16. Pam Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:45 pm

Leave Vicki alone. She is obviously a very intelligent well- read young lady.

17. Pam Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:47 pm

I meant Sunshine.

18. R4C Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:24 am

CLAY AIKEN, That’s who stole the show. ABSOLUTELY LOVED his new look. and his voice is as amazing as ever.

19. Candace Says:
    May 26th, 2006 at 12:57 am

When I saw Clay on American Idol i was soooooo impressed. I can’t get his hot new look out of my mind! Hes incredible! When he came out from those two doors I was sooooo flabergasted taht I cried! Haha..sad I know but he looks amazing!!!! *dies* man i love him so much!

20. Polly Anna Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 11:35 am

Wed. night’s show was a perfect example in contrasts. Michael Sandecki represented the erroneous, but perceived look, sound and actions of Clay Aiken. When Clay arrived, poised, confident and professional, he dispelled all the tabloid rumors and gossip.

Clay Aiken, as he has said more than once, is not gay.

21. Zoe Says:
    June 5th, 2006 at 5:16 am

Oh my gosh! Clay Aiken’s new look is fantastic!! I recorded the show and keep watching it back, its not just Clay’s look, in my opinion that was the best and funniest part of the whole results show! I live in london so I don’t really get to hear much about the American Idols after the show apart from Kelly Clarkson, but I try to look them up on the internet. Clay looked really embarrassed on stage with Michael Sandecki but he handled it very professionally. Well done Clay!!

22. i forgot Says:
    June 14th, 2006 at 3:40 pm

Dude, that Clay FAKEN guy was so funny, we’re impersonating him in one of the skits in our talent show!

23. Taylor Hassenauer Says:
    June 14th, 2006 at 4:03 pm

Man, I think that Michael Sandecki is so FINE! I love him so much and want to marry him!!!

Comments