Katharine McPhee, Does She Have The Kiss Of An American Idol Champion?

February 18, 2006 05:11 PM by Joe Blackmon

Katharine_mcphee_kiss

Much of the early buzz about the girls on American Idol 5 has centered around Paris Bennett and Kellie Pickler, but it’s starting to look like there might be a new sheriff in town.  Katharine McPhee is a twenty-one year old from Sherman Oaks, California, and she has emerged as not only one of the best singers in the competition but also as one of the most lively and entertaining personalities.

Music and acting seems to run in Katharine’s genes, as her mom is a L.A. cabaret singer named Peisha McPhee who has an album called “Out of the Blue” and also had a role in the TV movie “The Incredible Hulk Returns.”  Katharine herself has starred as Anna Muir in “The Ghost and Mrs. Muir” and as Annie Oakley in “Annie Get Your Gun.”  The Annie Oakley performance earned Katharine a nomination for an Ovation Award from the L.A. Stage Alliance.  Katharine also has a role in an upcoming independent film called “Crazy.”

During the most recent round of American Idol cuts that led to the top 24, Katharine McPhee delivered one of the best deadpan comedy lines of the night.  Katharine told Ryan Seacrest that she was really upset about fellow contestant Crystal Stark getting cut.  When Ryan told Katharine that she could tell the judges that they made a mistake when she went upstairs, Katharine quipped, “I mean I’m not like so angry,” which cracked up the entire room.

When Katharine McPhee did finally make it upstairs, she became the first American Idol contestant to officially make it to the top 24.   Randy, Paula, and Simon each puckered up and gave Katharine a kiss on the lips to congratulate her.  When Katharine got back downstairs, she told the other contestants, “and the best part, I kissed all three judges on the lips.”  When Ace Young asked who was the best, she responded that Randy was the best because his kiss was “really luscious and like delicious.”  Katharine’s energy and humor helped to add a burst of energy to what is often a sad part of the American Idol process.

The judges aren’t the only ones going crazy for Katharine.  Fans sites for Katharine McPhee are located at Katharinefans.com, Katharine-McPhee.net, and Katharine-McPhee.org.  Reality TV Magazine recently caught up with Chad Hensley, who runs Katherinefans.com.  Chad told Reality TV Magazine, “I made Katharinefans.com to create a central place for all her fans to come and support her run to stardom.  From the moment I saw Katharine sing in the first audition, I knew she was something special.  She has the “Girl next door” look, and sings like an angel.  Girls across the country, and world for that matter, can identify with her and use her as a role model because she doesn’t look like Barbie, but is still amazingly beautiful.  She could be America’s sweetheart, with a little sass, as we saw both on American Idol Wednesday night when they cut the contestant pool to 24.  Girls love her, guys love her, and America is going to soon learn just how talented and gorgeous she really is.”

So what are Katharine McPhee’s chances of taking home the prize of American Idol?  Does she have the kiss of an American Idol champion?  We wouldn’t bet against her, and it seems like a lot of other people wouldn’t bet against her either, because according to a recent press release by PinnacleSports.com, she has the best odds of any girl to win and is second only to Ace Young

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and SirLinksALot: Katharine McPhee.

Topics: American Idol |

151 Responses to “Katharine McPhee, Does She Have The Kiss Of An American Idol Champion?”

1. ARON Says:
    February 19th, 2006 at 1:51 am

That is all good .

2. Kelly Says:
    February 19th, 2006 at 8:15 pm

I knew it she already did early acts and moves to WIN America’s heart due to her pre-planned kissing all the judges, she’s an actor. She will NEVER NEVER get my votes nor the intelligent AI fans and audience. She has an ok voice range but compared to the 24 finalist her range is too far below the average.

3. Sunshine Petal Blossom Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 12:20 am

Is this some sort of joke? Is the next article going to be “Brenna- America’s new Sweetheart?”

This girl BUTCHERED “My Funny Valentine.” My dog heard it and ran out of the room yelping. She was HORRIBLE. After that, everyone I know who liked her no longer did- it was one of the worst performances EVER on Idol. I doubt she will even make the TOP 12. As for her personality, she is a FAKE and PHONEY and has to resort to “kisses” to get screen time- PATHETIC!! If this plastic girl is not out by the first week, I will be FURIOUS.

4. Anonymous Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 1:44 pm

oh my god seriously get a grip it isnt that serious sun shine go take you pills and wait 20 min ok

5. betagirl Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 10:59 pm

Regarding the “fake” “phoney” and “plastic girl” comments: I have personally known Katherine McPhee for ten years, and she is sweet, spontaneous, respectful and genuine, in addition to being a great singer. What you see on TV is the real her.

6. Parallax Says:
    February 22nd, 2006 at 2:52 am

butchered funny valentine? That already happened last year when that two bit hack con sung it.

7. Rhine Says:
    February 23rd, 2006 at 12:32 am

Katharine is very good. She’s very natural and I love her soulful voice. She has what it takes and I hope she will go all the way.

8. CHRISTINA Says:
    February 23rd, 2006 at 3:31 pm

I WENT TO THE SAME HIGH SCHOOL AS KATHARINE AND I HAVE TO STAND UP FOR HER WHEN I SEE THINGS BEING SAID ABOUT HER THAT JUST AREN’T TRUE AT ALL. FAKE?? NO WAY. I PROMISE YOU, SHE IS THE SWEETEST GIRL EVER…SO KIND!!!! WHAT YOU SEE IS 1 MILLION PERCENT HER! I THINK IT’S FUNNY THAT WHEN GENUINE GOOD PEOPLE WITH GOOD HEARTS AND TALENT COME ALONG…PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS QUICK TO KNOCK THEM DOWN INSTEAD OF RECOGNIZING THAT THERE JUST MIGHT IN FACT BE GOOD PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD…AND SHE IS ONE OF THEM. SHE USED TO SING AT ALL THE RALLYS, MUSICALS, PLAYS, EVERYTHING!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT….WE ALL ANTICIPATED IT! AT LEAST…I DID. SHE IS A WINNER!

9. Anonymous Says:
    February 24th, 2006 at 1:06 am

she is babe a licious

10. Leah Says:
    February 24th, 2006 at 8:26 pm

She’s so talented…so christina pls do send my kisses to her…I even got a feeling that ryan’s got a crush on her….haha. she’s surely the next american idol…!!

11. Nikkie Says:
    February 27th, 2006 at 9:52 pm

Katharine is one of the most amazing singers on this season!! And to those of you who call her fake, you’re all just jealous that everyone likes her. You guys probably want someone else to win, that you know doesn’t stand a chance against Katharine. But yet, you still decide on putting her down, and that’s wrong. I understand you have people you would rather want to win, but how about not sharing this stuff at where you know her fans will be at. Because I know that we will not appreciate this. So, why don’t you do everyone a big favor and keep your negative comments to yourself. And when you say you don’t like her, or she’s not good enough, okay. That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, but we’ll check back on that when Katharine is crowned as the the next American Idol. [Oh and don't diss me, or try to put words in my mouth. Because this is my opinion, just like those are yours.]

12. Anonymous Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 1:09 pm

i love katherine i hope she wins v

13. Jaime Gonzalez Says:
    March 1st, 2006 at 1:31 pm

I think Katherine Mcphee is a breath of fresh air. If you look behind the scenes she has hugged and encouraged some of the other girls as the show ends. That is the sign of a person who is genuine especially when this is a competition. I wish that I had an opportunity to know her or meet her, she seems like a fantastic person.

14. Brittany Says:
    March 7th, 2006 at 6:00 pm

if you think Katharine isn’t a talented singer, then something is wrong b/c she is a breath of new air and has what it takes. She is very attractive and has a good personality. I am pulling for her or Kellie Pickler to win

15. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2006 at 12:53 pm

All i know is that she looks great in tight jeans and those black tops :)

16. summer Says:
    March 8th, 2006 at 1:01 pm

hey

17. jamie Says:
    March 8th, 2006 at 3:09 pm

katharine has been my favorite since her first audition. i think she rocks. if she doesnt go all the way, she’ll make it to the top few for sure. she has an amazing voice and when she sings, its almost just completely natural. i love it. :) GO KATHARINE MCPHEE :)

18. Ty Says:
    March 10th, 2006 at 3:23 pm

I would love to fill her ham wallet with my Pants Rocket.

19. kk Says:
    March 10th, 2006 at 8:11 pm

Gooo katharine!

20. looga Says:
    March 22nd, 2006 at 7:59 am

if you have seen her from audition you’ll know she’s not a fake! i don’t think she’s just a singer, ….she’s an artist! ;)

21. looga Says:
    March 22nd, 2006 at 8:01 am

anyone know where i can download a video clip where she got to kiss all the judges? :) tnx

22. Anonymous Says:
    March 22nd, 2006 at 11:26 am

I need to see a doctor… cause I have McPhever…. Go KAT…ur the best…

23. Noelle Says:
    March 22nd, 2006 at 7:18 pm

After hearing Katharine sing “Come Rain or Come Shine” on American Idol last night, I have to say that she has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. Anyone who says she does not have a good voice does not know what they are talking about. Her rendition of that song was amazing.

24. Pauly Says:
    March 24th, 2006 at 12:41 am

I think Katherine without a doubt is the prettiest girl in American Idol history and the second if not the best vocalist of the females, however she will come up short as contestants get eliminated, Christ Daughtry is going to take home the title.

25. Sarah Elizabeth McKinney Says:
    March 24th, 2006 at 12:16 pm

Whoever said she butchered a song, was wrong. Katharine is one of the only ones (and I also love Kellie and Chris) that hasn’t butchered a song this season. C’mon, Simon compared her to Kelly Clarkson and she has awards coming out of her ass! Simon may be cruel, but he’s right about most performances.
    I do love Kellie, but I’m afraid her personality may be a little over-the-top for some, like last season’s Mikalah Gordon, whom I loved. Mandisa’s great, but I don’t want her to win. I have a crushy on Chris. ;) He may not be the best vocalist but he’s TALENTED – that haunting rendition of “I Walk the Line” is still running through my head.
    I digress.
    Katharine’s amazing.

26. musiqbuff Says:
    March 29th, 2006 at 6:59 pm

I think Katherine is great! She reminds me of Leslie Anne Warren when she was 21! Adorable, talented, and gracious!

27. looga Says:
    March 30th, 2006 at 2:00 am

vote for kat!!!! always!!!!

28. preciousda Says:
    April 1st, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Katharine is just what America is looking for…she is promotable, cute, and can sing great. Simon nailed it when he said you remind us of “Kellie Clarkson”. I can’t wait for her to win and show America what she can really do. Katharine you have all my votes and support. You are the whole package:)

29. Kevin Says:
    April 2nd, 2006 at 7:23 pm

Katharine is amazing. She is the entire Idol package. Looks,voice,personality. I believe us as idol fans let her down last week by not voting. We all knew in our minds she was never going to be in the botton three. Come on all lets make it up to her. She is the best and will win with our support. Sorry we let you down Katharine. It will not happen again

30. mrhank Says:
    April 5th, 2006 at 2:52 am

Katharine McPhee is smoking hot. good voice too

31. khaye Says:
    April 8th, 2006 at 4:14 am

katharine is going to win..
    she’s very talented and realllllly pretty..she’s already a STAR.

32. McPheever Says:
    April 9th, 2006 at 7:25 am

Katherine McPhee IS the NEXT American Idol and WILL be crowned the next AMERICA’S SWEETHEART shortly thereafter.

Watching her give me “McPheever”

33. Phil Says:
    April 9th, 2006 at 10:46 am

In the 4th comment above, Kevin says,

“Katharine is amazing. She is the entire Idol package. Looks, voice, personality. I believe us as idol fans let her down last week by not voting.”

HE’S RIGHT! LET’S NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! GET READY TO “POWER DIAL THE WHOLE 2 HRS” FOR KATHARINE NEXT TUESDAY (AND EVERY TUES) FROM NOW ON!!!!

34. chris Says:
    April 9th, 2006 at 8:22 pm

She will definatley win, she is simply and purley amazing. Even for the rare chance she does not win, she will be very very famous. She will do awesome in the queen theme, i know it. Sorry Bucky Fans, but Bucky’s going home.

35. Kayla O'Riley Says:
    April 10th, 2006 at 9:48 pm

I just have to say, she has excellent teeth

36. qtmc Says:
    April 11th, 2006 at 8:19 am

it’s dead given…she’s the most talented in this batch…katharine SHOULD WIN american idol…..we all just await who WILL WIN as it will be decided by american votes…..too bad i can’t join though…..as well as the millions of mcphans all over the world…

37. nasaman Says:
    April 11th, 2006 at 9:19 am

For those living outside the US:

Call or email your friends inside the US and ask them to do the TWO steps in the next message…..

38. nasaman Says:
    April 11th, 2006 at 9:20 am

Just as a reminder for those without Cingular text messaging, software dialers, etc…..

1) Start dialing (& rapidly REdialing) RIGHT AFTER the last person sings, and for ~2 more hrs (until AI’s lines “busy out”)

2) If you have 2 or more lines, redial separate phones on each of your lines alternately (to increase your voting speed)

Let’s make sure Katharine wins tonite (& every nite!) by sharing 1) & 2) above with everyone we know that supports her!!!

39. mercury Says:
    April 12th, 2006 at 3:42 am

I have no friends who are from the U.S (but i hope I have), I’m dying to vote for her but i couldn’t! That’s too bad! I love her since her first audition back in San Francisco…She’s awesomely talented, brilliant beautiful and natural! She’s going to be the next American Idol! I wish I was her friend (hehehe)…

40. Phil Says:
    April 13th, 2006 at 8:25 am

Mercury, when you say (above)…. “She’s (Katharine’s) awesomely talented, brilliant, beautiful and natural! She’s going to be the next American Idol!”…. you couldn’t be more right!!! BUT LET’S NOT GET COMPLACENT! WE’VE GOT TO VOTE “MCFEEVERISHLY” EVERY TUES NITE FROM NOW ON!!!!!

41. Jose Says:
    April 14th, 2006 at 8:39 pm

I HAVE MCPHEVER I LOVE HER!!
    GO KATH !!!

42. Jose Says:
    April 14th, 2006 at 8:39 pm

I HAVE MCPHEVER I LOVE HER!!
    GO KATH !!!

43. Phil Says:
    April 15th, 2006 at 7:46 am

******** IMPORTANT ALERT TO KATHARINE FANS ********

Last night on EXTRA, Simon Cowell suggested the future is dim for our beautiful and popular Katharine. He said, “She’s reaching a point where she’s looking so perfect and sounding so perfect, ironically, it can work against you ….she won’t win.” HE’S RIGHT! There are tons of angry, hateful comments about Katharine on lots of blogs out there. Some of these are a twisted expression of jealosy or envy. Others simply believe Katharine is too good to be true –that she’s really a Hollywood fabrication, not the gifted natural performer we know her to be!

Another source, http://www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php , showed evidence of Simon’s prediction ….that Kellie got TWICE as many votes last Tuesday as Katharine!

….SO IT’S TIME FOR US TO ‘LEAP INTO ACTION’, FOLKS!!!!! LET’S CALL ALL OUR FRIENDS & ASK THEM TO RAPIDLY REDIAL EVERY PHONE THEY HAVE FOR KATHARINE NEXT TUESDAY NITE & EVERY TUESDAY NITE STARTING RIGHT AFTER THE LAST SONG, UNTIL THE LINES ARE BUSIED OUT JUST OVER 2 HRS LATER!

(You can copy & email my message above out too, if you like)

44. Anna Says:
    April 19th, 2006 at 1:02 pm

Katharine is pretty good. If i could chose the results I would choose Kellie winnnig the compitition 2nd place Taylor Hicks 3rd place Katharine! That would be my choice…oh and if theres anyone out there who LOVES katharine go to http://www.KATHARINErocksHARD.com!

45. L.J. MORRIS Says:
    April 19th, 2006 at 11:36 pm

ALL RIGHT! KATHARINE MCPHEE’S PERFORMANCE WAS THE BEST AND I DON’T THINK SHE’S A FAKE! WHEN I WATCHED HER PERFORMED I WAS GRIPPED IN AND SHE LOOKED VERY SWEET. EVEN IF SHE ACTED BEFORE, IF SHE CAN ACT THAT REAL THEN I SAY SHE CAN JUST QUIT SINGING AND TACKLE THE ACTING CAREER BUT ALL IN ALL SHE HAS THE BEST VOICE AND I LOVED IT LAST NIGHT AND STILL DO! SHE JUST MIGHT WIN!

46. L.J. MORRIS Says:
    April 20th, 2006 at 12:12 am

ANOTHER THING! THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE KELLIE PICKLER’S FAN MUST KNOW THAT SHE CAN SING BUT NOT FABULOUSLY GOOD! SHE CAN’T EVEN TACKLE A SONG WITHOUT MISSING A FEW PITCHES AND GETTING OUT OF TUNE. THAT’S JUST NOT PERFECT ENOUGH FOR A FUTURE AMERICAN IDOL. I CAN’T DENY THAT SHE’S CUTE BUT THIS IS A “SINGING” COMPETITION NOT A COMPETITION OF CUTE COUNTRY MUSIC GIRLS! NO OFFENSE, BUT I LOVE COUNTRY MUSICS! THOSE OF YOU WHO SAY KATHARINE SUCKS AND IS EVEN WORSE THAN KELLIE MUST HAVE THEIR EARS CHECKED. I’VE BEEN IN THE MUSIC CAREER FOR 20 YEARS NOW AND I KNOW WHO CAN SING WELL, GOOD, AND FABULOUS TO INCREDIBLE!!!

47. Murphy Says:
    April 21st, 2006 at 11:29 am

Although Simon said she won’t make it, I know deep down inside he really wants to see Katharine being last man standing in the final night. He has never really attack Kath by his comment. Because he knows she’s on the money, right? but he also know in this kind of competition people judge a person based on what they see today, not the future.

48. D. R. Haseney Says:
    April 21st, 2006 at 8:37 pm

Katharine has a fantastic voice. Looks great too. Looks like a woman not a stick. I love her smile. She would be a great choice for this year’s IDOL.

49. alison Says:
    April 25th, 2006 at 1:46 pm

Katharine is “THE AMERICAN IDOL 2006″ there is nobody else in the competition anywhere close to her level of talent. She is a *STAR* !

50. R O X Says:
    April 26th, 2006 at 9:29 pm

i haven’t seen it yet! but this site just made my day!
    i was sooooo nervous coz idf is down…thought there was a sabotage!

i read the review from reality tv …and man, the power of mcphans came through!!! I’M SO PROUD of us mcphans!!! i just had to say it here though it may not mean anything to everyone…

i’m like har harhar har har!!!!!
    THE POWER OF MCPHANS!!!

NOW THEY’RE SCARED coz KAT is getting the votes!!!
    ooohhh …they felt the need to apologize! *woot*
    i tell ya’ll …i won’t be surprise if the judges will name her as the best right now…
    and won’t be surprise if they’re gonna say it’s a girl’s year again!!! *woot* simon got the mcpheever! just wont admit it!!!

I love KAT, I love McPhans!

51. David Says:
    April 26th, 2006 at 10:56 pm

Katherine voice and looks are always in my heart and without a doubt she will be the next American Idol. You got my votes Katherine. Don’ let anyone hold you back. Go all the way to Stardom. GO KAT GO GO GO!

52. Jimmy Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 12:56 am

Hmm. Must have missed this article when it came out. Found the link today. I like how the author thought Kat was “girl next door” and “doesn’t look like Barbie” but has now evolved into the hottest, sexiest, most beautiful woman ever to grace the Idol stage. (Did I say she was also the best singer?)

53. Jimmy Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 12:56 am

54. Kristen Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 1:03 am

Did you SEE her in that canary yellow dress!? OMG! I so love her!

55. Seth Says:
    April 27th, 2006 at 2:34 pm

Kat is absolutely amazing! She is without a doubt, the most gorgious contestant ever on idol and other than Kelly Clarkson, I think she has the best voice ever. I think it will come down to her and Chris in the finaly and although I happen to like Chris’ type of music better, it’ll be hard not to want Kat to win!

56. igothemcpheever Says:
    April 29th, 2006 at 1:09 am

doze any1 no the were i can find the video of kat kissing all the judges i need it!!! kat iz awsum!!! i luv her so much and she iz sexy and hot, and the most awsumist american idol sing er EVER!!! i luv kat!!!!

57. igothemcpheever Says:
    April 29th, 2006 at 1:09 am

58. MIKE Says:
    April 29th, 2006 at 1:15 pm

CATHARINE,S THE # SELLER. IN MY OPINION SHE IS WITH OUT A DOUT THIS YEARS WINNER….. SHE HAS AN AWSOME VOICE

59. a Says:
    April 30th, 2006 at 4:43 am

Kat,

Best singer, and she knows how to work it. Voluptuous, beautiful, she has it all. Hottest future idol ever!

60. a Says:
    April 30th, 2006 at 4:44 am

Kat,

61. alison Says:
    May 1st, 2006 at 2:09 pm

KATHARINE IS THE BEST ON AMERICAN IDOL this season!! KATHARINE is BETTER THAN CHRIS, KATHARINE IS BETTER THAN TAYLOR, KATHARINE IS BETTER THAN PARIS (although she is the next best) KATHARINE IS BETTER THAN ELLIOTT!! Elliott being the best GUY but not the best in the competition. KATHARINE SHOULD BE THE NEXT :AMERICAN IDOL”!! If she isn’t something is WRONG AMERICA & AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

62. jud Says:
    May 3rd, 2006 at 1:17 pm

To all:

Right from the start of Kat’s audition, I told myself that this girl has the most natural voice among the contestants. Kat without even tryhing to exert any effort at all simply sings out wonderfully and beautifully. Her voice is deep, genuine and natural coming from her diaphragm and not nasal. Most of the contestants (pls. no offense)had to yell or shout inorder to deliver the song completely well, but not Katharine. Katharine is a born singer and a star! She is not only beautiful, but she is also sexy, voluptous, poised and composed, confident, intelligent, sweet, sincere, tall and she has an “IT! to become an “American Idol”! She has an over all package for an American Idol that America would like to see. What made me noticed is that, Katharine is deep and have a good heart and compassion. I could tell that by looking at her eyes. I could read the feelings of a person by looking at their eyes. And you know what, Katharine is indeed an honest, compassionate girl. I don’t know her. I live in a very remote state of United States.I would only wish that Katharine will win as an American Idol for 2006! If not I also want Taylor Hicks to be the one!

63. Randy Says:
    May 3rd, 2006 at 2:26 pm

Katharine is the most warm and soulful singer i have ever heard in my life…
    She deserves this .,
    she has what it takes right now to be a star. please america ; let her have this american idol crown..
    she has captured what singing really is supposed to do to the heart…
    Thank you ..

64. emma Says:
    May 4th, 2006 at 1:05 am

i like katharine. i think she’s beautiful, she definitely can sing, a little bit odd personality, all and all, she’s wonderful. i’m still not sure whether she’ll become the next american idol, but does she like have to win to get a record deal? i bet simon’s (and perhaps few other producers) already had her on his new talents’ list or something … so no worry for her … she’ll get a record deal, with or without the american idol title …

65. Dale Says:
    May 4th, 2006 at 3:37 am

I watch the Idol only to see Katherine…Beautiful in all its meanings and surpasses all in singing. I could see her in the other Catherine’s (Zeta Jones) role in Chicago. Looking forward to seeing her in roles like that in the future! If she doesn’t win, this will be the last Idol I will ever watch!!! I will reach her by phone every second I can get through coming Tuesday, 6/9 and thereafter!!!

66. mr showbiz Says:
    May 4th, 2006 at 5:43 am

I can’t believe there are people so stilted that they cannot recognize this amazing talent. Katherine McPhee is a star and has the biggest future of any contestant this year! She doesn’t have to win (but she will) I’ll bet there are agents from William Morris in a bidding war for her! Potentially the greatest star this show has ever produced!

67. Soon Chan Says:
    May 6th, 2006 at 6:23 am

kat has the voice of an angel…
    i come from Malaysia, all the Malaysian enjoy watching american idol every week as the competition was really high in standard and entertaining…

i love kat the most from the beginning until now(forever)… she is gorgeous, sweet, and the most important thing is SHE REALLY CAN SING!!! i think she is the american idol the world looking for!! kat, just do your best!! i will support you in Malaysia!! yeah!!

she deserve to be crown as the next american idol… she is a superstar!!!
    american… please keep on voting for kat!! just support her, thank you!! god bless you.

68. Teresa Says:
    May 6th, 2006 at 7:25 pm

The cajon box drums on Black Horse and the Cherry Tree rocked! I’m on a mission to get one. Found some info (and cute shirts) at http://www.cajon.org

Anyway, who were those guys playing them?

We luv ya Kat! I’ll congratulate you now as I know you’re going to be our next American Idol!

69. Jimmy Says:
    May 7th, 2006 at 10:48 am

Kat’s still in it guys (and gals). Time to keep voting like crazy!

70. Jimmy Says:
    May 7th, 2006 at 10:48 am

Kat’s still in it guys (and gals). Time to keep voting like crazy!

71. alison Says:
    May 7th, 2006 at 5:32 pm

KATHARINE IS THE BEST ON AMERICAN IDOL this season!! KATHARINE is BETTER THAN CHRIS, KATHARINE IS BETTER THAN TAYLOR, KATHARINE IS BETTER THAN ELLIOTT!! Elliott being the best GUY but not the best in the competition. KATHARINE SHOULD BE THE NEXT :AMERICAN IDOL”!! If she isn’t something is WRONG AMERICA & AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

72. KC Says:
    May 8th, 2006 at 8:43 pm

WOW!This site is juicy! I love Kat Mc, she’s awesome and captivating. I find myself smiling everytime she sings. This should be the criterion of an AI camp-makes u feel good when an artist performs..that’s entertainment..voice,personality and charm..Katharine has ‘em all

73. KC Says:
    May 8th, 2006 at 8:45 pm

I mean AI CHAMP

74. car Says:
    May 9th, 2006 at 3:19 pm

I think she will be the next american idol… She is the most talented singer and she is amazing…
    I’m sure that chris and kath will be in the final, but she’s going to win..

75. katie Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 5:21 pm

I hope Katharine goes home tonight. Elliot should win, he is the best singer without a doubt. This compeition should NOT be based on looks.

76. stef Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 9:41 pm

I think she is awesome! She has a great personality and I have voted for her since the beginning. She has an awesome personality and an awesome voice! Keep it up girl!

77. JT Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:59 pm

She is so freakin’ HOT!!!!

But I’m *pissed* Chris went home tonight.

Elliot is a dweeb and shoulda been gone long ago.

78. fergie Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:05 am

Katherine ALL THE WAY–No Attitude–True American Idol. Rare find. FANtastic voice!

79. Mike Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:16 am

One man (Chris) out, two more to go. One woman will remain on top–Katherine, hold your head up high, be confident and SING at your best…we’ll do the rest. Congratulations, you will become the American Idol 2006.

80. Lilliana Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 4:43 am

Kat is the best singer on American Idol. She’s awesome. The judges are trying to give Elliot and taylor some hope on winning, but it aint gonna happen. We have to keep her dreams alive and KEEP VOTING. Paula doesnt like kat and only praises Elliot and Taylor, look for her to spare Elliot from any bad comments because he is her favorite. It’s down to the bottom 3. Don’t let the judges rob Kat of this opportunity! VOTE VOTE VOTEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

81. Linda Lee Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 10:39 pm

Katherine McPhee has the best voice and range. I was so glad that she is at the bottom three. She should go all the way. She has the beauty that matches her voice. She needs to focus on songs that show off her high pitch and smoothness of her voice. These next two weeks are so important to practice, practice, practice and win!!!!!!!

82. bryan Says:
    May 13th, 2006 at 1:59 am

GO KATHERINE!!!she is a very talented girl….PLEASE VOTE FOR KATHERINE!!!she should win…..chris and kellie’s fans, vote for katherine!!!please!

83. bryan Says:
    May 13th, 2006 at 2:02 am

AMERICA, VOTE FOR KATHERINE!!!SHE ROCKS!PRAY FOR HER…PRAY TAT SHE WILL WIN…KEEP VOTING 4 HER….VOTE MORE COZ SHE IS IN DANGER..DUN LET TAYLOR WIN…
    GO GO GO!!KATHERINE!!!

84. katie Says:
    May 14th, 2006 at 9:11 pm

Katherine is staying on american idol because her family is paying for her to stay in.

85. katie Says:
    May 14th, 2006 at 9:11 pm

86. katie Says:
    May 14th, 2006 at 9:15 pm

katherine on my opinion is a bad singer. Chris should have stayed. Hes a better singer than katherine! Katherine is staying in off of money off her family!

From, Katie

87. Anonymous Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 11:11 am

Everyone that says kat is staying because of money is just wrong. Did you forget that America votes. She is just that damm good. Some people are just jealous. Kat my husband and I think you are one of the best you and elliot should be the top 2 good luck and keep that voice exactly the way it is.

88. Ganito Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 11:38 pm

Katharine McPhee is such a cool person!! People criticizing her right now need to calm down. Honestly if you hate her that much, don’t watch. For the rest of us normal people who love Katharine, it would amazing to have her win and be the American Idol. She is the best Female vocalist since Kelly Clarkson and Tamyra Gray. I LOVE Katharine, and her voice can bring me to tears she is so wonderful! (whoever said she butchered My Funny Valentine is completely wrong; it was amazing. All her performances have been fantastic!)

89. steven tyler Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 12:48 pm

i love katherine 100% i do hope she wins.i got in over 200 votes last week.i am still angry at the fact everyone treated her like she had leprosy last week after baldy was out.would any of the judges or other idols cried if she had got booted? i think not.chris lost and he is the only one i have ever seen that got mad over it.he was not that good.i personaly think kat is as naive as, if not more than kellie pickler.everyone says she is stuck up,and arrogant! well, where did they get that from? they just want to bash her to make the other two look good.i also think it is messed up to have these vote for the worst .coms to generate votes for taylor and elliot,i just read in elliots home state the phone co. is setting up speed dailing stations for people to call fast and free! i just hope everyone will be voting as many times as they can like myself.we have a voting party at my house after we watch the show.by the way i am 53,so it is not like i am a teenie bopper.i really,really love the way kat sings ,she has a wonderful voice,plus she is gorgeuos,kat , the next american idol!!!!!!!!!! ps—- i just read kat is singing—from simon—over the rainbow

i believe i can fly —clive davis

possibly,—- i feel like a woman—herself—-,do not know for sure about that one yet. go kat go

90. Mike Perite Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 7:46 pm

Katharine is the best and if she dosn’t win American I dol will loose alot of viewers because who can actually see Taylor and Elliot in a concert No way I’ve definitely have Mc Fever Go Katharine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

91. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 7:51 pm

Katharine go home. O hell to the no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    who ever said that is retarded!
    Elliot is going home.
    Go kat wow, you ain’t nothing but a hound dog. McFever all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92. Mike Perite Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 7:55 pm

people who talk bad about Katharine on this site should all go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Katharine will win!

93. Mike Perite Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 7:57 pm

Katharine will win!

94. Mike Perite Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 8:06 pm

did anyone see how hot Katharine looked in the yellow dress dam!
    she is hot and she has a hell of a voice she is so the total package.

95. Mike Perite Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 8:09 pm

whoever Kelly is better go to hell.

dang kelly you are a biatch

Go Kat!!

96. Mike Perite Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 8:10 pm

whoever Kelly is better go to hell.

dang kelly you are a biatch

Go Kat!!

97. Jonny Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 9:46 pm

No freakin’ idea why u criticize her! what’s not to like about her? if she doesn’t win, then theres no point in watching the show ever again if america is so in to voting for the same person every week and trying to cheat their way into dialing faster. taylor, say hello to the modern world! the beatles like every week is not what we might want to hear!

98. Anonymous Says:
    May 17th, 2006 at 7:31 pm

katharine mcphee is sooo stuck up and thinks she is all that. She looks like a sore loser too. When Ryan seacrest was announcing who was going to go home (episode with chris, taylor, elliot, and mcphee left) chris, taylor, and elliot were still the only ones smiling and laughing while katherine had a smug look on her face. She is so full of herself

99. PHATKAT Says:
    May 17th, 2006 at 10:16 pm

KATHERINE. Put that body over my knees and SPANK THAT FAT WHITE ASS, MAN, THAT GIRL IS GORGEOUS. I’M DRIPPIN’ LOOKIN’ AT THAT GAL. WHAT A BODY!

100. Ampage Says:
    May 18th, 2006 at 7:09 am

What a bunch of weirdos!

101. Ampage Says:
    May 18th, 2006 at 7:09 am

What a bunch of weirdos!

102. tess Says:
    May 18th, 2006 at 7:35 am

Admidst all of the AI contestants,Katherine McPhee has the most outstanding and beautiful voice throughout all AI seasons. She’s also attractive, kind and down to earth and has strong family values, which makes her a well-rounded person.
    She more than deserves to win and has put up with more criticism than all of the other contestants.
    If one listens to Taylor, he’s often flat, out of breath and I believe he’s older than what he states. His performances are rldiculous, manic and very amateurish. He should have been voted off a long time ago. If Kat doesn’t win, America better have their hearing and vision checked. And since when can Taylor sing better than any of the original artists he’s copied? He can’t!!

103. Amanda Says:
    May 18th, 2006 at 9:29 am

Kat is the best and will WIN the entire AI Show!!! I can’t wait for the show to be over so she can start recording an album!!! She’s got an amazing voice and I think its great how she can sing anything. I loved “Over the Rainbow” and the last song she sang that night. I can’t wait to watch the show next week!!! Can’t wait to see her take it all!!!

104. Maureen Says:
    May 18th, 2006 at 10:58 am

I think Kat is so superior to eveyone this season and one of the best of all seasons. She has been critized unfairly and it is unbelievable how they make stuff up – especially Randy – you know they are full of it! They want a guy and that is it! I think this might be the last year for me watching because it is becoming such a farce. Just my two cents. Go Kat!

105. Anonymous Says:
    May 18th, 2006 at 12:08 pm

GO TAYLOR!

PROUD MARINE MOM

106. Sid Says:
    May 19th, 2006 at 12:06 am

katharine’s got a fantastic, mature voice. but to top to all..she’s got so much feel,soul in her voice. there’s r so many singers wit a better voice than kathy, but wat makes her much much better than the others is that soul in the voice, her singing!!
    as a musician, i feel sooo good when i hear her sing. each time she sings, am stunned!! i kno wat to xpect, but still stunned!! that confidence, the feel, an to top it all…v can see she’s havin the time of her life on stage!!
    and as a sound engineer, i’ve worked wit some of the best artist’s in the world. an i can confidently say, it’ll b a pleasure to mix her voice!! fantastic voice control, breathin techniq, mic handlin!!! these r very very important!!! even thou i hav mixed some of the biggest names in hollywood, i jus wish i get a chance to mix hers!!!
    and as 4 those telling things against her…firstly…4 different people…different opinion…
    secondly….they hav no idea wat they talkin about…no one who knows music…i mean KNOWS music wil tel anythin against her!!!
    so kathy fans, jus laugh off anythin people say against her cause..well…they hav no idea bout the subject!!!
    wishin Kathy all the very best!!!
    &idz,21

107. Mhatoi Says:
    May 19th, 2006 at 1:06 pm

She’s amazingly splendid!!!At one minute she could be a gigglish girl but when shes on stage she has a charisma that would capture the stage…you’ll see a different her….a whole package splendid persona of an american idol.

108. charm Says:
    May 19th, 2006 at 8:37 pm

Does She Have The Kiss Of An American Idol Champion? —>> What kind of question is that ? Ofcourse she’s gonna win ! Oh and just to let you know my hopes never bring me down. I wish I get to see her in personal….

109. andrea Says:
    May 21st, 2006 at 3:07 pm

Source: http://myidol.idolonfox.com/Boards/topic.aspx?tid=405292

Posted by TODDLJ on 05-18-06 at 06:43 PM

Note to my fans, haters and those who don’t know who the heck I am: Sorry I have been lax again about posting my Gay Idol Journal, my day job here at the Mousehouse has me running like a severed-headed chicken. Needless to say, I am still watching Idol. And I stopped by to check things out here… only to be infuriated by what many of you are saying. So I had to speak up.

In Defense of Katherine

Over the past few weeks, and particularly in the last 16 hours, I have read some pretty severe comments on this and other Message Boards about AI5 finalist Katherine McPhee. Common words used in these posts include: snotty, arrogant, rude, slutty, mean, two-faced, evil, fake, and, worst of all, ‘entitled.’ Furthermore, according to these self-proclaimed ‘critics,’ Kat’s parents, close family, friends, and anyone who likes her at all, are also all of the above things and more. They don’t like the faces she makes when she gets negative comments from the judges. They don’t like that she was happy when Elliott was voted off. In short, they think she is a cruel heartless biatch. (Hell, I think they would accuse her of being the anti-Christ if they had any evidence of that fact.)

I happen to have a bit of knowledge of Kat, and of her mother and boyfriend as well, and I felt forced to speak out in defense of these attacks on her character. As I have stated in previous columns, Kat is the opposite of arrogant. In fact, she is perhaps the least confident idol finalist this year. Much of her life, she has been a ‘theatre geek.’ Well-liked, but not overwhelmingly popular, and a bit shy around groups of people. Performing is a way to ‘come out of her shell’ for her. She may come off as being over-confident, but this is all a defense-mechanism… a shield she puts up to cover her self-doubt. She has also fought weight issues, and recently lost a bit of weight. She has never thought of herself as truly sexy… or even attractive… and the attention she is getting this season is all new to her.

Consequently, this is all a bit hard for her to adjust to. Praise is unexpected. And being criticized harshly in front of millions of people would be difficult for ANYONE, but it is especially hard for her. She is her own worst critic, and so when the judges criticize her, she takes it very personally, feels she has failed, and becomes immediately defensive. When she is criticized for being ‘pitchy’, this hits her especially hard, because questioning her musical ear, something she is somewhat confident with, causes her self-doubt to get even stronger.

I wonder if any of you ‘critics’ have ever performed before an audience before? I have on numerous occasions, and let me tell you, it ain’t easy. The nerves and adrenaline propel you through, and frequently you can’t remember what you have just done when it’s all over. If what you do remember is that it was a pretty good performance, only to be told later that you sucked, it can be pretty annoying and disheartening. Ever heard back a tape of how your voice sounds? Most people’s initial reaction is “Ick! Is that how I actually sound?” It is impossible for a performer to know exactly how they look and sound. Criticism (especially from people, like Paula, who are not good with words) can be very hard to understand. The ‘tilted head, quizzical eyes’ expression Kat gets is just that… she doesn’t know what she’s being told, or how she can fix it for next time. It doesn’t all compute for her.

Kat was not in any way expecting to get this far. Her reaction last week, at Chris’ elimination, said it all. The judges savaged her. She fully expected to go home. This week, she expected the same. So, when it was Elliott instead, she reacted with joy. Please, people, can you really blame her? Would you not be joyous in the situation? And it’s not as if she jumped for joy (like Paris did every week.) She simply smailed and looked in the direction of her parents. Of course, Taylor appreared to handle it better. But the truth is, Taylor knew full well it wasn’t going to be him. The judges have pumped him up for weeks. He had plenty of time to prepare his “Oh I’m sorry for Elliott” response. Kat, however, was caught completely off guard for the second week in a row.

In summary, I feel that the criticism of her ‘attitude’ is completely innacurate. Notice I am not criticizing those who call her ‘wooden’ or ‘plastic.’ ‘Plastic’ is sometimes an accurate description of her. When she is nervous or doubtful, she pastes on a big smile to cover her emotions. That fake smile is not the real Kat. Feel free to criticize her for that… she is working on it, like all performers, but has a ways to go.

Feel free to criticize her if you don’t like the tone of her voice, or if you don’t like the style of music she sings, or if you feel she has let her nerves get it the way of her performance. But before you attack her personality, take a moment to consider the fact that your assessment of her personality is being formed with little actual evidence of who she is. And I think this is unfair, innacurate, and sometimes downright mean.

Source: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=printer_format&om=1886&forum=DCForumID44

Note to my readers: I have read so many posts from those who dislike Katherine because of her ‘cocky’ attitude and ‘beauty pageant’ demeanor. This perception couldn’t be any more wrong. What many people don’t know is that Katherine has struggled with her weight (she recently lost 30 pounds) and does not see herself as beautiful or pageant-worthy. She wears frumpy clothing often because she thinks that’s all she can wear. She is still trying to get used to the fact that she is pretty and that others view her as such. The stiffness we see, and her forced smile, comes from trying to feel comfortable in her own skin, not from overconfidence or entitlement. The fact that she is sometimes unable to fully commit vocally and emotionally to the song comes from this same place of insecurity. Try to view her next time with that knowledge, and see if it changes your opinion of her.

110. katharine luverrr Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 5:49 pm

HERE WE GO KATHARINE HERE WE GO!!!! I LOVE YOU KAT

All the people who think Kat is snobby and rude and such are soo shallow and jealous of her.
    She is really hot and she is an incredible singer. I think she deserves the title of American Idol to raise her self-esteem. BUT I LOVE HER A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU KATHARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

111. Missy Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:51 am

Katherine isn’t the best singer, the last couple of weeks she just butchered the songs she tried to sing..they sounded horrible. America finally got it right..TAYLOR HICKS american idol 2006!!!!!!!!!!!

112. Adam Smith Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 6:42 am

Bad day for kat? completely wrong. Yeah, Taylor deserve to win, but kat didn’t lose. she just no luck for being american idol, but the show have shown that;kat has everything to be next superstar & american sweetheart.
    Dont’t give up Kat..The journey only begin..and someday, you will archieve your destiny. May God Bless.

***Congrats to Taylor, u deserve to win..Also for Chris,Eliot & Paris..All of you have quality to become american sweetheart. Don’t give up & take a step.. see ya..

113. Alysh Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:52 pm

yeah!it’s not the end for kath. She is still the best for me!!! There’s no doubt that she would be a success in the future. I really hope that her upcoming album would be a blast. So guys!!! please buy her album alright? support her. :)

114. sarah Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 1:16 pm

I really want to know the last song that Kath sang the day before the results.Does anyone know?

115. dchrist Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 2:48 pm

There are as many opinions as there are people, so of course I have one also. I believe that every one of the contestants had a bad performance or two, but at the end of the day kat was incredible. She has a beautiful voice and she is stunningly beautiful. Taylor is entertaining, and I am happy for him, BUT when I turn on the radio it will be kats “VOICE” I want to hear.I’ll miss seeing her on Tuesday nights…it’s been wonderful having her to look forward to!

116. His_angel Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 4:22 pm

Okay. So maybe she didn’t win the title. Seems I read plenty of naysayers who thought she wouldn’t make it to the final 24 muchless the final 12. I do think she’s a better singer than Taylor. But Taylor was the better overall performer in America’s eyes in the end. Still. I think being in the final 2 means she will definately have a contract in the works before long.

117. Charlotte Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 5:55 pm

It came down to two – one that could perform (yet I couldn’t stand to watch him because he dances like a dork) and one that could sing. Did the right one win? I think not!!!! Kat’s voice is like a breath of fresh air, while Taylor’s drawl comes through on every song he sings. He’ll be another Reuben Studdard -here today, gone tomorrow.

118. katie Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 6:55 pm

WTF??? why did taylor fu*K*N*G hick win american idol it shouldve been chris… but at the finally it shouldve been kat and chris not taylor and the only reasonwhy taylor won was because of his childish dance moves

119. janis joplynn Says:
    May 26th, 2006 at 12:22 pm

Katharine deserved to lose. Apart from being a good singer, an American Idol should convey humility. You never saw Kellie Clarkson smirking while her fellow team mates got booted off. Wah Wah to her body issues. Who doesn’t have body issues? Her mom has a Cd out and teaches voice lessons. What an advantage Kat had and she still messed up. She belongs singing in a lounge somewhere on a Carnival Cruise.

120. Hugo Sanchez Says:
    May 26th, 2006 at 9:45 pm

Kat is so HOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!She is SMOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHE IS ONE HOT MAMA

121. Nicky Sargent Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 1:52 pm

I love Kat! She has the best voice in this competition! The best range… everybody who says she has no range are either obviously really dumb, trying to get her fans angry or just really JEALOUS!!! She will go far in the business and when she does, you’ll see you were wrong! Please people get a life!

122. powerpuff m Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 8:46 pm

Seriously?..come on…taylor is horrible..ridiculous, i wouldn t go to his concerts even if the tickets were for free…but you see..this shows how people thinks..a woman who is confident in what she does (and to make the matters worse is actually pretty) is considered a bitch…did you actually see her performances? the way she sang, moved on stage..that comes from years of study..that girl knows what she is doing…and instead this other character wins..kat has an amazing voice, she will have an awesome carreer despite the unnecesary criticism by the judges..i do care that she didnt win..it is a singing contest, and she was the best..too bad some people didn`t realise that!!!

123. Lauren Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 8:39 pm

TAYLOR HAD A GREAT GIMICK.. flipping around on the floor acting innocent and friendly so everyone would love him. Hey, he probably is a nice guy.. but as far as talent goes Katherine BLOWS him away. American Idol has to get rid of RANDY & stupid PAULA..because they are the idiots who are trying to pursue the people’s votes. I was pretty pissed that the flopping fish won.. but when you think about it.. TAYLOR will make one album.. then you will never hear about him again. KAT on the other hand will be the next Kelly Clarkson!! She has some career going for her and I cant wait to see whats next in line after she tours!

HATS OFF TO TAYLOR…at the end of the competition he won… but KAT IS THE REAL DEAL and SHE has a hell of a career ahead of her!

124. Dennis Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 9:26 am

Lauren, you are ab-so-LUTE-ly right! When I first heard Katharine sing during the auditions, I picked her as the probable winner. And she just kept getting better week after week. Aside from her looks, which are amazing, she is by FAR the best singer (with the possible exception of Clay Aiken) that AI has had in the five years of the show.

Yes, Taylor will make it in the big-time, but nowhere near what Katherine will do for years to come!

(Shades of the Ruben Studdard/Clay Aiken finale?????)

125. Maria Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 7:25 pm

I live in South Africa and unfortunately for me that means I got to get the bad news that Taylor won American Idol 5 yesterday.
    I don’t mind that Katharine lost, because I truely belief that she’ll be one of the most successfull contestants, I’m just dissapointed, because this means that it’ll take longer for her cd to get to South Africa and that unlike my previous beliefs America really aren’t that smart.

I have family and friends all over the world, Australia, England, Ireland, Holland and Canada I’ve been in contact with most of them and according to them people in their countries and according what I found out people in South Africa doesn’t really like Taylor Hicks. Most people say he seems like a nice enough guy, but since when did being a nice guy that can’t dance and can kinda sing earn you the American Idol title. I though that was a bit harsh, but that’s how people over here feel.
    My point is if one of the 2006 American Idol Fanilists is going to make it world wide, it’s gonna be Katharine.
    The Mcpever has become a world wide epedemic.
    I can’t wait for her firts album and I wish I could be in the usa to see her on tour.

126. Lauren Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 8:29 pm

Taylor sang live today on Regis & Kelly. All I have to say is if he sang like that during the AL compeition he’d be kicked off before Becky! Barely got an applause… KATHERINE sings tomorrow so everyone wake up early!! 9am Eastern time

127. Ian Mark Says:
    June 3rd, 2006 at 12:52 pm

Catherine is such a pretty person.. Wish i could meet her. It’ll be like a dream come true.. well, at least get an e-mail from her… luv u Cat…!!!

128. Lauren Says:
    June 5th, 2006 at 9:58 am

129. brandi Says:
    June 5th, 2006 at 9:13 pm

kat was my favorite since her first audition, i said wow there is a really sweet girl who isnt just sweet and pretty but she has the most beautiful voice i think i have ever heard all the kat bashers need to get a life you dont need to bash kat just cause you are jealous and those of you who say shes fat and cant sing must be blind and deaf cause shes georgous and has the most amazing voice ever so grow up and get a life, anwyay love ya kat!!!! MCPHEVER!!!!!!

130. jdella Says:
    June 13th, 2006 at 8:24 pm

talent wise, katharine should have won, hands down. taylor puts up more of a show and everyone gets caught up in it. he gets the crowd going, which then gets him more votes, that is why he won. he also comes from a small town which gets him plenty of votes from his local area, while kat comes from a city where there is not much support. honestly taylor will never become popular, he looks 40 and sounds 40, that doesnt appeal to the audiences that makes songs land on the charts, 45 year old moms dont get songs famous. kat is going to pull somthing similar how clay aiken did to ruben, she will become the more popularone . taylors whole “soul patrol” deal was just a gimmick to get votes, taylor is also very creepy and weird, seriously jsut look at the guy and the way he dances. american idol is a singing competion, therefore it is about vocal talent, not what you can do to scrape up votes by getting the audiences going, sure that makes a star, but whats a star without talent? if you seriously think kat sucks, you have no musical ability what so ever. most of you complaining are either tone deaf or just have a grudge on her for what ever ridiculous reason you may have. so everyone reading this when you read people saying she sucks, the must have never been around music in their life… she obviously is going to go far with her musical career, so some of you should actually listen when you watch the show…

131. kat Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 5:17 am

she was my bet 2 win the american idol 2006..I mean she’s amazing!!

132. Matt Says:
    July 12th, 2006 at 1:09 am

I just want to say that kat is the best,Her smile is so pretty,and she is the sweetest girl.I wished she would have won the competition,shes great.She was my favorite from the start,her voice,her beauty,and her talent are truly fantastic.I would love to meet kat in person i am her #1 fan.

133. Anonymous Says:
    July 13th, 2006 at 3:08 pm

Once all this AI touring is over and Kat can devote all her time to her real career she will blow away all the nay-sayers with her amazing talent! She’s got it all. Amazing voice, wonderful stage presence and beautiful appearance!

134. Lora Says:
    July 30th, 2006 at 3:34 am

Why everybody keep saying that Katharine is an amazing singer?She’s just an ok singer. She’s no Kelly Klarkson or Christina Aguilera or Beyonce. I didn’t think she deserved to win. There were some good performances of her including her audition in San Francisco. But after each week her voice got wors and wors. Maybe she is a nice, beautiful or real person but when it comes to her singing I’ll say that her voice is not amazing. There were only couple of amazing voices in season 5 (Elliot Yamin and Paris Bennet)they should’ve won.

135. lisa Says:
    August 5th, 2006 at 7:01 pm

i love u kat! ur number #1. i wish u won american idol. hope u feel better with ur bulimis. get well soon. hope 2 meet u some time. love ya

136. lisa Says:
    August 5th, 2006 at 7:01 pm

137. lisamarie Says:
    August 5th, 2006 at 7:09 pm

hi katharine, i completely think that u should of won.u r an amazing singer.im gonna hold a grunde that taylor won.ur #1 and u sing from the heart. u do have a heart of gold. i am ur#1 fan.i hope u feel better with your bulimia.get well soon.u have an amazing talent i know god jesus loves u.ur gorgeous, i love ur hair and u alwaya put a smile on my face when im happy or sad or any other emotion that i have.i hope i get to meet u some day. GOD BLESS U!!!!! love ya

138. J.A.C. Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 4:50 pm

Katharine Mcphee was THE MOST talented contestant on idol season 5. This is for all Kat fans. There is no loss in her second place finish!! She is destined to have a very successful career in the music industry. After all she’s only 22!!!

139. J.A.C. Says:
    August 8th, 2006 at 5:02 pm

We have to accept the good with the not so good in this life. Even though Katharine didn’t clinch the season 5 title, we will look back and recall that it was amazing!!!…to watch her rise to the top even with all the competition she had.

140. Gloria Says:
    August 10th, 2006 at 8:51 pm

Katharine is the greatest contentestant to ever grace the American Idol Stage. No perfomer has ever come close to her talent, beauty, and graciousness.
    I personally can’t wait
    for her career take off.
    She definately is the rising Star from the west. Go Kat Go! We
    love you!

141. J.A.C. Says:
    August 12th, 2006 at 5:44 pm

Actually I said three comments ago that Katharine McPhee was the best contestant on season 5. I’m sorry I have to change that. She is the most phenomenal performer American Idol has ever seen!!!! GO KATHARINE MCPHEE!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

142. J.A.C. Says:
    August 12th, 2006 at 6:10 pm

Not only does Katharine have everything it takes as far as talent goes, she is also gaining much attention through the press, and I think that many people are beginning to realize what an outstanding performer she really is. Go home nay-sayers!! Kat is going to blow you away!!!

143. Anonymous Says:
    August 18th, 2006 at 1:32 pm

I think there are 2 or 3 people in this site that are writing 6 or more comments and using different names so it can look like Katharine has lots of fans.

144. Tyler Harner Says:
    August 25th, 2006 at 10:52 am

Katharine was the best ones on american idol. she should have won.she was way better than taylor. SHE IS SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

145. tyler harner Says:
    August 25th, 2006 at 10:56 am

Katharine was the best american idol eva. She is hot. Even if she didnt win shes my american idol.

146. Evanescence Fan Says:
    October 4th, 2006 at 6:08 pm

Katharine McPhee has a huge chin. She has a weird forehead. I think Katharine McPhee is ugly. Not to mention she shrills from all of those years of puking. (and did they pay off? Let’s go with no) She looks like amazon woman. She also has no stage pressence and sorry to say, but she cannot connect with her music at all. I really doubt she will sell many CDs at all and for anyone saying she was good as Whitney in her prime, stop lying. She is not even half as talented as Kelly Clarkson and Kelly isn’t even half as talented as Whitney was in her prime (vocally).

147. mik Says:
    December 13th, 2006 at 11:37 am

im just glad cat made it as far as she did because she is one hot chick. Cat if you read this will you marry me? god your hot.

148. Fish Says:
    February 26th, 2007 at 4:45 pm

Hey, I was wondering about her breasts if they were real but found the answer on this page http://lookgay.blogspot.com/2007/02/are-katharine-mcphees-breasts-real.html

149. Riho Lehtorg Says:
    March 25th, 2007 at 9:56 am

My name is Riho Lehtorg and I have a great spiritual teacher and mastersaint and became supreme, by the way supreme-god perhaps the game chief or two crack off all the universe-I will. Place I became is kab or eii, higher rise don’t possible, became like told hierarchical scheme highest level-became so named the god eye, there don’t never leave and have endless joyfulness and intoxicating blessedness given and you are same important as the source-one who start the game-together they are five gods-one is Neale with contact present god-I became same important-so that is in every way special and specificity is me a hundred and that way I like supremes so much and go there, so that someone go there is happening very rarely-everyone likes to be there and never spinning and born-few go there and then they have peace, very lot of universe watch my a high-tech internet that way all universe knows me what means 90% of universe knows me-what knows many politicians and that reason her looking me like George Bush and the others politicians and intelligence and then great interest object and I have to pendulum a lot talk they.

My first question to you is this: How to create a channel or achieve telepathic contact with God? Does one have to know certain exercises or are there any other tricks for achieving this contact? And can one even achieve this contact on their own initiative, or does it have to come from God, or should one even have natural abilities for this? I’d like to achieve contact with God because I’m interested in many topics concerning life and death, and it would great to have an answer for all the issues that have crossed my mind.
    My second question is whether it would be possible for you to give me the contact information of a woman who is beautiful and rich, has a good personality and is generally a good person? She would also likes me a lot and be willing to give me millions of dollars.
    I’m also wondering if you would be able to give me the contact information of a person who would be willing to provide me with alien technology, or in other words high-tech Internet, which resembles a laptop from the outside, but it enables to watch the past, present, and the future, and also any person or any thing; it also gives answers to all questions.
    I hope that you will be able to help me find an answer to these questions, as they are of vital importance to me, and would help me get on in life and improve my financial status.

I have information concerning alien technology. To be more exact, then I know that important politicians such as George Bush and his administration (Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Robert Gates, etc), but also Vladimir Putinil and other heads of state (e.g. John Howard, Lula da Silva, Hu Jintao, Manmohan Singh, Felipe Calderon, Stephen Harper, Tony Blair, Jacques Chirac, etc) have alien technology in their possession. The alien technology in question is high-tech Internet, which originates from extra terrestrials and which they get via the secret services, military intelligence, intelligence bureaus, and the army.
    The majority of alien technology is situated in Area 51. They also develop military technology there and communicate on a regular basis with extra terrestrials who also visit to share their knowledge about various technologies. Even Mr. Bush has been on board of flying saucers.
    The alien technology in question, meaning high-tech internet, is mostly black, and looks like a laptop with 30 x 40 cm dimensions. Usually one person has several sets of high-tech internet – one to observe an alien creature, and the other to check up information about it. Obviously, the technical data of high-tech internet is superb: the resolution is high, which makes the picture extremely lifelike. Users of high-tech Internet can also play computer games, but they are much more powerful than those we know on Earth, and the games also enable users to enter into realistic cyber worlds, similar to those seen in the motion picture Matrix.
    When Earth computers can do billions of operations then for high-tech Internet sets there is no limit – they are powerful beyond belief. They can also be used to watch absolutely anything in audio, video, or writing – be that in the past, present or future. Let’s say you are interested in an alien creature in another universe – you can watch that. Or you may be interested in checking out the next lottery numbers – you can check then out from the future and earn millions of dollars this way. You may also be interested in solving the mystery surrounding a historical event – all you need to do is look it up on the high-tech internet and it gives you the answer right away. For example, the events surrounding September 11 are still rather unclear and there are many conspiracy theories going around. With high-tech Internet there would be no more secrets; the questions would be answered, and in addition to that, the Internet enables to watch these events as in real time. It also has additional features, such as while watching a creature, the observer can also see what it is thinking, feeling, how its health is, also hear what it is talking, and what the creature’s past and future are like. Since the machine can also see the future with a minimum error ratio then it is possible to eliminate mistakes that are going to be made. Basically, the future of the entire universe can be seen on the high-tech Internet.
    This technology functions as a data bank of the universe – all imaginable information from the largest galaxy to the tiniest life form or atom can be found there; hence, all questions will be answered. It is basically a device that receives and transmits information, being similar to the phenomenon of clairvoyance but with a lesser error margin.
    Other examples of alien technology would be ether cameras, which are small, round and invisible cameras located 40 cm away from the forehead of the subject on a 60 degree angle upwards. The range of the cameras varies from 10 m to 50 m, and the greater the range the stronger the protection is on the subject. Together with high-tech Internet it provides even better visibility of the subject of observation and additional features for information.
    A third interesting form of alien technology is an ether suit, which is put on a subject with the help of a high-tech device, and which s programmed to where it can travel with the subject (e.g. within the limits of the subject’s own planet or within the entire universe). The suit has a panel on its back for programming. The suit itself can’t be felt, it’s like a microchip in the brain that coordinates the subject’s movements and surrounds the subject’s body like ether. The ether suit enables the person wearing it to move instantly to any place in the universe.
    Also good flying saucers with photon energy are able to fly instantly to locations that are millions of light years away. Several important individuals have invisible flying saucers for protection against bad aliens. These saucers hover above the air space of that individual and move together with that person so that bad aliens couldn’t capture or harm them.
    Also many important politicians and their families have ether suits but they don’t use them in public. Chelsea Clinton and several intelligence service executives have those suits, for example.

I sincerely hope that you will publish this story and the truth will come out because the privileges experienced by those in the top of the political and power hierarchy must be stopped. I also believe that everyone has the right to know the truth about things concerning the universe and our planet, and also their own personal lives; hence, everyone has the right to use high-tech Internet!
    I am hoping that you will perhaps be able to gather more information about these technologies, but it is obvious that this information is kept strictly in secret as only a small circle of individuals have access to this technology and they will do anything to keep the general public away from it. High-tech Internet devices could even be sold in stores just like regular commodities – this is done in other planets but not on Earth. Of course, President Bush will do anything to cover this up and he will just deny the existence of extra terrestrials and these technologies, just like he refuses to officially acknowledge the existence of Area 51. But he should be forced to come clean with it, because like a former Canadian minister said, the only thing to help against climate change is when all states reveal their alien technologies and put then into practice.
    I would also like to add that in addition to regular people there are extraordinary people – spiritual teachers or masters – on this planet, who have complete consciousness (the maximum level of consciousness that enables to perform miracles). There are only a dozen of those people, resembling Buddha, Jesus Christ and Chrishna, on Earth. There people have the ability to create matter from thin air (including high-tech Internet, which I’m sure they all have), they can also move with the speed of mind, travel in time, be in several places simultaneously, control the weather, fly, and perform other miracles. They keep low profile and therefore are unknown.

Question to politicians I know about the existence of certain alien technologies. I am especially interested in high-tech Internet. It is mostly black, and looks like a laptop with 30 x 40 cm dimensions. It can be used to watch anything or anyone, also to look at the past and the future, and it also gives answers to all questions one might have. As I believe that you have some of those high-tech Internet sets in your possession then my question is whether you can send me a set, or if you can’t do that then whether you can answer some of my questions with its help. It would mean a great deal to me, and improve my life significantly.
    Please contact me as soon as possible.
    PS:I can also send my pictures!
    My site are where are my pictures!

Blessings,
    Riho Lehtorg

150. manoj Says:
    July 18th, 2007 at 1:37 am

hi…….nice boy friend ok…..

151. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says: