The Bachelor Chooses Sarah Stone From Tennessee

February 27, 2006 11:35 PM by Joe Blackmon

Travis_chooses_sarahIt was the most romantic Bachelor ever.  It was the worst kept secret on The Bachelor ever.  Surprising no one, Travis Stork chose Sarah Stone from Tennessee over Moana from California.  It was a happy, feel good ending, except for rejected bachelorette Moana’s emotional breakdown in the limousine.

Travis Stork starts off by telling Moana, “From the very first night I met you I was completely intrigued, and I think I called you Ms. Mysterious. Because I knew that underneath that initial conversation, there were many layers, and I was nervous that I would never see those layers.”  However, after seeing those layers, things did not go Moana’s way.  Travis ends it by telling Moana, “But if I listen to my heart I can’t choose you, and it’s not because everything we had here wasn’t real, because it was.  In many ways, it was exactly what we came here for, this incredible French romance.”  Moana reacts in utter shock, telling Travis, “You will always have a piece of me that I can’t ever get back.”

In the limousine ride away from the mansion, Moana breaks down into tears, saying “I’m emotionally devastated.  I’m so shocked.  At first, I almost thought it was a joke.  I’ve just never been so vulnerable before in my life, and so dead-on to be so wrong, and to be made such a fool.  To be completely convinced that your affections for someone are 100% reciprocated and to be smacked in the face with a solid rejection like I received tonight is so hurtful and I feel like such a fool.  The good girl always wins.  Guys like that don’t marry girls like me.”

Travis Stork tells Sarah, “So where do I begin?  When I came to Paris I had absolutely no idea what to expect.  You’re beautiful, you’re smart, you’re honest.  But one of the things I like about you most, maybe the most is that when I’m with you I’m happy.  I definitely never expected to come over here and have feelings.  I certainly didn’t expect to have feelings like this.  And the greatest irony is that you’re from Nashville, because when I spend time with you, I feel like I’m at home.  But I have to be completely honest with you, because I choose you.  I’m so happy right now, because every time I’m with you it’s perfect.  Can I get a kiss?”  Sarah says “You are though, Travis, you are so perfect for me.”  Travis gives Sarah a 2.2 carat diamond ring on a necklace as a symbol of the connection that they’ve found.  Travis promises to go back to Nashville and spend time with Sarah and see where the relationship goes.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for The Bachelor news.  For other great The Bachelor news, please also check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelor.

Topics: The Bachelor |

76 Responses to “The Bachelor Chooses Sarah Stone From Tennessee”

1. John Sloas Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 1:41 am

I’m a bit surprised he made the safe choice. For me, Sarah was too polished and had everything too planed out. I wonder if Moana will ever recover? Poor girl.

2. Gerald Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:11 am

As I didn’t listen to the rumor mill, I was totally shocked that Moana was rejected. Seems I had fallen in love with her myself, as I’m sure many other viewers may have – who doesn’t want to root for the underdog, the one who isn’t “safe”, the one who you take a chance on? I guess you can’t blame a doctor for choosing conservatively.

3. What a Boring Couple of Hillbillies Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:13 am

ABC wasted money and everyone’s time. The Eiffel Tower wasn’t needed as a backdrop for this sleeper. The Grand Ole Opera or an old Hee Haw set would have been more than suffice for this more like old school buddies or sister and brother team.

Travis finally found his mountain woman.

4. Mrs Darling Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:19 am

I am totally thrilled that he picked sarah! I couldn’t stand weepy Moana and all her theatrics. This man is a doctor after all! She was nothing but an emotional, withdrawn child!

You go Sarah! I pray you two live happily ever after!

5. MoanaFan Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:24 am

I think your wrong when you say Moana was whiny and emotional !!! When you have gone what she has and has had walls for a long time what do you expect from someone like that !!!! I love Moana and hope she will be the next Bachelorette !!!!!!!!

6. MoanaFan Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:28 am

And I honestly think Moana deserves better !!!! She’s gorgeous, smart and caring !!! I hope all the happiness for her !!!!

YOU ROCK MOANA !!!!!!

7. Shelley Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:39 am

I’m tired of guys making the safe choice instead of really following their heart. Anyone that is not willing to take a chance on real love should not be allowed on the show!
    What a disappointment!
    And Moana take pride in being the kind of person that was willing to take a chance. You showed real courage and heart and that is something you should be proud of.
    He obviously didn’t deserve you.

8. so happy Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:44 am

Oh, Moana, you were perhaps the most annoying person I ever came across in all my bachelor watching. Sooooo in love with Travis…and yet couldn’t think of one characteristic that you loved about him when your parents asked?

Sarah is beautiful, poised, elegant, smart, funny, sweet…but most of all, she was POSITIVE and she made him HAPPY!

9. lily Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 3:23 am

what a yawn/yeah yeah nashwille this blah blah/what a waste/what a boring raw raw couple/she will stay home and raise the hillbillies and he can work the night shift/next
    we want moana to be the next bachelorette/she is awsome and travis did not deserve her/keep you head high girl and dont go back in your shell/we love you

10. Kitty Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 3:25 am

Moana was the better choice! Hands down, and sophisticated, something Sarah is not and will never be. Moana deserves so much better, and she will find it.

11. team sarah Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 3:30 am

Ditto so happy,

Sarah didn’t get as much interesting screen time, because she is not one second away from a nervous breakdown. And really someone please explain why Moana couldn’t name one freaking thing she loved about Travis. Please all the people who loved Moana why couldn’t she after all her theatrics, crying close-ups, and movie quotes, not tell his family one thing she loved about him. It’s unbelievable. Do not be suckered in by ABC editing. I’d rather be with a rock, and someone that feels like home…than and emotional basketcase. The Sarahs from Canada and Tennessee have always been my favorites.

12. Kitty Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 3:49 am

I couldn’t disagree with you more. Moana is not an emotional basketcase. Ahem* emotional also entails living with PASSION, and a zest for life. Something that America did not see in Sarah. “Ring on a necklace” we’ll see ;).

13. Ashleigh Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:41 am

I am so glad he picked sarah… so is so genuine and caring. Moana was way too emotional, sure its healthy to cry, but every single time she talks about travis? COME ON! I mean im sure shes a nice girl but her and Travis arent meant for each other. Editing does have a big part on how they are both potrayed and I think Travis’s decision should be respected because only he knows what he wants and who fits with him best.

14. sarah Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 6:12 am

ok sarah got picked everyone needs to get over it because no one can change it

15. Jaw on the floor Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 7:41 am

I know they edit the show to throw you off , but….. Travis clearly said he was ‘excited’ about being with Moana, that they had a chemistry , and a bond, and etc….Its called a spark, and its something that rocks your world.
    And instead he picks the nice, safe girl from his hometown- probably because of his parents, and because he thought Moana would eventually dump him after she realized what a bore he really is.
    Moana should be the next bachelorette!

16. Marie Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 8:22 am

I have to say that Travis’ choice did not really come as a surprise, but for me a welcomed one. Moana is a very deep and passionate woman and I think the “sparks” between them would definately have ignited many a fire…. the question is, “would it have been enough to build a longlasting firm future & family for them? “However, sometimes the “safe” choice is also the most solid & logical one that will provide the most fulfilling & stable future. I agree with the comments that Moana might have become bored and lonely having to spend too much time by herself living with an ER Doctor’s work schedule. As for her questionable level of being over-emotional, as a counselor it is my opinion that Moana is still developing her own self worth and confidence (remember her comments about that)…and in spite of the deep hurt she is now struggling through, this will allow her to grow toward becoming the “whole” individual that she so desperately longs to be. This is probably not the best time in her life to be making those kinds of extremely important life decisions. She needs to feel “worthy” of having a committed relationhip with a man like Travis before she can truly maintain her own identity while merging with another human being and find true happiness. Her comment of “guys like that don’t pick girls like me” is indicative of her feelings of unworthiness. I like Moana and I wish her much happiness in the future. Hang in there girl, grow from this, get stronger, believe in yourself and get ready because that “perfect” man is just around the corner!!!! Congrats Travis & Sarah!!!

17. Jim Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 8:27 am

I was truly sad for Moana, I couldn’t believe Travis didn’t pick her. He really led her on unnecessarily which was a cruel thing to do. He might be a doctor, but he was still the insecure guy that needed a woman to constantly say she needed him and wanted him, rather than a woman who was secure in her own self. Moana may have been emotionl, but at least she was confident, something Sarah is not.

I obviously don’t know any of the cast members of the show, but I certainly don’t see Travis and Sarah lasting vey long.

18. Gina Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 8:48 am

The outcome was what I completely expected. Moana is a basket case. Sarah is the right choice for Travis!!

19. Lexi Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 9:03 am

I was shocked that Travis did not pick Moana! Moana is an absolutely beautiful woman with such mystery and passion. Sarah is BORING!

20. kim Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 9:08 am

21. debi Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 9:36 am

What a great season!! Thanks ABC!!
    Travis and Sarah are real People!!
    I hope they do find happiness.

22. Jaw on the floor Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 9:36 am

“Where’s the After the Rose ceremony and all the interviews with the happy couple(Good Morning America, The View, etc.)? Nothing is listed…doesn’t seem like a good sign…”

Good point. Again, maybe Moana is part drama queen, part ‘needs to come out of her shell’, part faulty in other areas, but she seemed to blow him away, like she did most of the viewers. Sarah is his buddy, and it will probably stay that way. If the sparks aren’t flying immediately after all those romantic, incredible dates, then guess what- they aren’t going to fly back home on the range in Memphis , after the TV lights are gone………

23. will Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 9:41 am

i think Moana should have won. That other chick was like a Stepford Wife or something. She was way to calculated

24. Lisa Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 9:45 am

Travis just used Moana to have some last final fun before he decided to go for the safest choice. Doctors are taught to follow a flowchart, to be reasonable and to make decisions based on logic, not on what your heart tells you. It was very mean, though, that knowing what she was feeling, he decided to keep her though the end, and not another one who would have not felt so hurt when he got rid of her.
    He is just your typical american boy that plays it safe, despite all his “adventurous” speech. I want to know what’s going to happen when he decides to move to the “rocky mountains” or wherever he said he wanted to go (if all that was real), and Sarah tells him: “No, my life and my family is here”.
    Me and my husband feel that we WASTED our times, BIG TIME, and was sooo disappointed last night that we promised not to watch the program again unless Moana is the bachelorette. She deserves much better. We thought Travis was the one she deserved, but no way.
    I am pretty sure Travis and Sarah are going to have a very boring, uneventful, unadventurous, zzzzz… life… if the relationship ever works out.

25. Wendy Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 9:57 am

Moana knew she had that emo girl thing going on for her and she milked it for all it was worth. She complained the entire show about how hard it is for her to open up, all of her issues, etc.. hey, how about NOT GOING ON A REALITY DATING SHOW WHERE YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF TIME TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER! Moana wanted attention, and she got it. Now go back to CA and whine to some other poor guy. I’m sorry, but she would make a horrible Bachelorette.

26. Marie Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 10:12 am

Moana was a fake and a phony from Day One. She decided to use her acting skills to see if she could turn herself into what Travis wanted. And it worked. Sarah was able to freely tell his family what she liked about him. Moron-ah just sat there… she couldn’t even come up with a quick lie! And when she said to Travis’ sister, “I don’t feel comfortable answering that question” — WTF?! What an idiot.

The only thing intriguing to Travis about Moana was her mysteriousness. But that doesn’t make for a good relationship and he realized that, thank God. Sarah was real from the beginning and a kinship in regionality counts for a lot. Travis said it all when he told her, “When I’m with you, I feel like I’m home”. He picked the right girl.

27. Mary Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 11:07 am

He simply picked her beacuse he was scared ’cause he knew Moana and him were going to really be something, the things went too fast and he freaked out. He knew with Sarah they were just going to get back to Nashville, probably date a couple times, and then he would say it was time for him to move to adventureland, she was not going to be able to go because of her ties to family and work, and that would be the end of the story. He KNEW that… that’s why he picked her and did not commit to anything.

28. jaw on the floor Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 11:23 am

This is my last post, since I should get on with my own life….
    I once dated a girl who was ‘perfect’ for me. Everyone loved her and she ‘fit the mold’ perfectly. And I ‘loved’ her. But It took two years for me to realize that I was not ‘in love’ with her, and so I ended it for both our sakes. And she wasn’t devestated, rather dissapointed. because she felt that it just seemed like it should have worked.
    I wound up marrying someone who I fell for instantly, who made me excited, who shared some amazing first dates with me…..who blew me away. Today. 5 years later, some of the passion is gone, but a very steady, satisfying, and safe marriage is before us, with our first child due any day now.

Travis is heading down the same path I took with the first ‘ideal’ girl who just never rocked my boat, and in the end cost us both time and some pain.

Sure Moana is a risk that may not have worked out in the end. But the chance to have that passion rarely comes along, and for many people it never does (assuming that there really was this spark, which it did).
    Given that Sarah still didn’t know where they (or she) stood going into the final moment, tells us that they never really connected. Even Travis said after several times together with her that he was still waiting to see if they had something more than friendship…..in the end he made the safe choice, but I would only sum it up this way:

Had he chosen Moanna, he had a 50-50 chance of an incredibly passionate love affair and storybook marriage.

By choosing Sarah, I think he has a 20% chance of getting married, and at best it is steady, but not passionate. I say only 20% because there clearly needs to be a lot of ‘love’ development in their relationship for it to turn into a lifetime.

Persoanlly I would have taken my chances on sweet, sweet PASSION.

29. Joe Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 11:29 am

There was a clue along the way that Travis was destined to be with Sarah. He said that would have lost who he really is if it wasn’t for her [Sarah]. Travis with Moana is not who Travis is. Just look at the movie/soap opera lines that both of them used on each other… At best, that’s the stuff of Paris romances, but not necessarily a life partnership. Moana’s defensive nature with Travis’ family reveals a rich past of being put on the firing line, including this show (and not doing very well), not necessarily that she wasn’t in love with Travis. She has a lot of growing up to do. She is sophisticated and bold with her worldliness, and hopefully she can learn to cope with her insecurities, feel confident in herself without feeling like she is threatening her wellbeing by exposing her true feelings and thoughts.

30. Anonymous Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 11:32 am

He made the right choice. The fact that Sarah said she wanted to build a friendship first shows she was approaching the situation with a more realistic attitude. I think it’s hard to believe you can build a solid relationship with a guy that is dating another girl simultaniously. I think Travis and Sarah were on the same wave-length regarding the “Bachelor” experience in general. I think they both realize a relationship takes much longer than a couple of weeks speed dating in Paris. Moana was in fantasy land, and I think she forgot Travis was dating two women. I like Moana, but I couldn’t see Travis and Moana lasting.

31. CC Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 11:52 am

Moana is hot. Travis is boring, and so is Sarah. Why does she like Travis? Why does anyone like a tall, good-looking, and friendly doctor? It’s a dumb question. Yeah, Moana cries too much. Oh well.

32. violah Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 12:54 pm

You did the right decision Travis. Congrats…Sarah is pure, honest and genuine.

33. lizbeth Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 12:55 pm

This “relationship” with Sarah won’t last. He treats her like a sister, and you could tell there is no passion when he kisses her. He constantly pulled away from her, his body language was not encouraging. Poor sarah, I feel sorry for her. He chose her only because his family liked her better than Moana. But it won’t last, like I said. Without passion it won’t work out.

34. Anonymous Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:14 pm

Could Travis and Sarah be a more boring couple? They totally seemed like brother and sister. I couldn’t even watch them kiss. I was really bummed out watching the show last night. oh well, we’ll see what happens. Maybe they will make it and go on with their boring lives.

35. pp Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 2:25 pm

I can understand Moana’s inability to articulate her feelings in front of T’s parents: She is a very private person, and to express her deepest feelings to them — in a slightly confrontational setting — is very difficult. She froze. Also, rather than Stepfording her way thru Sis’s question, she reflected her true self by saying (in essence): “I can’t answer that.”

36. my3cents Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 3:04 pm

Foolish people! There will be NO after show.

All you people have been fooled again by media man.

Stork is a bore of a homosexual, Moana is a tattoo covered swanky skank and Sarah is the blue boy’s beard.

Now go and get over this obsession of other peoples lives.

There is NO relationship here and there will be none.

my3cents

37. anne Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:00 pm

Sarah is as lame a person as I’ve ever seen. She never has anything to say except “you’re perfect for me.” She is so boring and uninteresting and has nothing to offer except a maternal instinct. At least Moana knows how to articulate a sentence and has original thoughts and is an independent thinker. Sarah is crap and no one and is one of the most lame people I’ve ever seen. I guess Travis is as equally lame and uninteresting so they can be lame together. How did Sarah even get on the show, she’s so lame?

38. sad. Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:09 pm

First, Travis has hands down, been the best bachlor ever. Talk about a sweetheart. Talk about top notch character. I’ve only watched 2 seasons ever. Ryan & Trista and Travis. Good pick ABC.

I was so BUMMED last night, I couldnt decide if i should be mad, or cry or….i wished I had someone to chew it all through. I believe we were set up by ABC totally!! Of course I expected Travis to pick Moana.

Travis was a different MAN with Moana. The things he said, his BODY LANGUAGE! he totally threw me for a loop. After Travis sent Susan home, things were SO clear to me! I thought if it was up to Travis tonight, Sarah would be flying home with Susan! I actually fely sorry for Sarah! knowing she couldn’t shine a light next to Moana.

All throughout, incl last night, I did notice to, as Violah did, T’s body language was so undecided and stiff with Sarah, that’s how I thought I knew!

Sarah’s…nice. She’s the girl next door, the teacher, but she’s blah! She’s dry! and yes! she came across as desperate. T only saw her as a friend through-out! Remember? He couldn’t stop smiling when they started kissing….it was wierd. And, last night, Sarah said “I am falling in love…” HELLO? She’s still falling in love?? and she expects an engagement ring?

Moana has had her heart open for weeks, and tears are genuine. Tears are real. Tears speak from the soul. When Sarah said “I can’t cry,” last night. red flag.
    I’m sorry to the Sarah fans, to me she appeared fake. dry. and as others have said here, she will be T’s friend, not as good his lover.

I pray Travis did indeed listen to his heart, and not just his Dad. and I pray it wasn’t the kitchen conversation about Moana not getting along with the other cats in the house, b/c they themselves had confessed they were SOOO jealous!!

(do u guys think that last weeks girls tell all was taped last week? Months after the show in Nov? oops! now wouldn’t Travis feel bad, like he’d made a mistake, hearing all that now?!)

For weeks I heard how Travis loved the fact that Moana helped him laugh, yesterday Travis confessed how Sarah makes him happy. Well? which is it? confusing.

I do think Moana is the best pick as the next bachlorette.

Blessings, Travis and Sarah.

39. funy Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:13 pm

hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Maybe if Moana is the next Bachlorette, Travis will show up as well!??

40. Laura Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:15 pm

WOW WHAT A MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT this turned out to b. I mean the guy goes to Paris looking for love…finds it….and then sends her home. I too, along with Moana thought he must have been joking at first.

41. Laura Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:16 pm

42. Kate Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:18 pm

You could SEE how Moana and Travis felt about each other – Travis said it himself – their energy was “palpable.” I know the show is edited…but…if he “supposedly” had all this romance with Sarah enough to PICK her…why was that never shown on even ONE episode? Why would that have been edited out? Unless it wasn’t there in the first place…

43. Laura Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:23 pm

I felt horrible for Moana…what a jerk Travis turned out to be. Just some boring wasp from Nashville who listened to his parents unstead of his heart. And they are as predjudice as he turned out to be. They were like “We expected Moana to say this, this and this and be like this and she didn’t…hrmph!” NO DUH idiots!! She gave you TRUTHFUL answers…not some canned bs she thought you were expecting to hear. And you shunned honesty and went for the neat little predicatbble package that fit into the mold that your minds (despite saying they were “open”) had already created. What jerks. You could practically hear Travis checking off his mental list with Sarah at the end (ZERO passion between them) “You’re pretty” – check. “You’re smart” – check. “You’re from Nashville.” – check. I feel nothing other than friendship for you, but that’s not what this show is about…right?…right???” What a moron.

44. kristin Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:30 pm

I have to agree with the last few posts here – well said! And I agree that if Moana would be the next bachelorette, that would be awesome. Travis would probably watch every night and cry thinking about what he lost and what a boring, passionless life he chose for himself. And I agree with what “funy” wrote above…Travis probably would WANT to show up…then Moana could kick him to the curb like the generic checklist-loving, cardboard cut-out he is and HOPEFULLY find a man that actually matches her and deserves her…….Hang in there Moana! His loss, your rescue from the dull life!

45. Anonymous Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 4:52 pm

I finally decided to watch this Bachelor season. I hope too that Moana is the next bachelorette. She didn’t deserve to lose, but hey, Travis a jerk so she should be glad she didn’t end up with him. I dunno, this show is just full of whores. I think what hurts them the most is being rejected after sleeping with the guy.

46. Anonymous Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 5:16 pm

I wish you the Best of Luck Sarah and Travis. Congrautions to Travis and Sarah. Travis- you pick right person. Sarah is the one for you. Best of luck!

47. me Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 5:59 pm

Gosh you people that get on here and write like half a page must not have a life, I mean DANG. Anyways about that I’m glad he picked Sarah but why do you people have to trash her and say he should have picked Moana?? Sarah was who he liked. It’s about his happiness, not yours.

48. Karen Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 6:02 pm

I felt disappointment and shock when Travis told Moana that he couldn’t pick her. I admit that in previous episodes I thought Moana’s crying was a bit hard to believe, but in listening to her talk and watching the way she expressed her thoughts I became a believer in Moana. Perhaps she chose not to answer the questions, as “simple” of questions as they may seem, because she didn’t want to give phony textbook answers just to “win” her man. Sarah seemed to go out of her way to make sure she gave perfect answers about her perfect man so she could seem perfect to everyone. I didn’t see a spark between Travis and Sarah once, it almost seemed like he thought it was funny to have to kiss her and he never seemed to show any real passion for her. I honestly thought he was going to send her home saying that she was the perfect buddy, but that was it. Moana may have cried a lot but she was honest throughout and deserves someone who is willing to share that honesty with her. I hope Moana doesn’t crawl into any shell, she is a strong woman who took a chance and now it’s time to get back out there and find true love, and please, not on another “reality” show.

49. ron Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 6:44 pm

Moana,
    There’s a contemporary Zen master who says, in effect, “if you have a sense of need for your partner in a relationship,
    that relationship is narcissistic. In a healthy relationship, it’s a mystery how or why you’re together.”

I think you intuited before this whole thing started that you would be hurt. No wonder you had cold feet at the beginning!
    But you had the courage to be honest about being unsure, about not being impressed, and later about being in love.
    That’s class, that’s integrity. I hope, like another writer here, that you wait until you’re not famous anymore, then
    go out and find someone who is capable of appreciating what you offer. I mean, you’re sitting there with his parents,
    having so many emotions, so much to say that you’re not able to say anything…because you have too much integrity to reel off
    inanities. I think you KNEW, somewhere inside you knew that they couldn’t hear you, not really, that nothing beyond
    the surface of your personality was being seen. You and his family were not on the same wavelength, and in that
    situation you could do nothing but make the situation worse. You wisely chose to say nothing.

I think you and Travis would have had many colorful fights, but his life would have been expanded…perhaps more than he
    wanted.

I was sure you would be picked. Don’t shut down and become bitter on the one
    hand or arrogant on the other. You’ve come too far. What might have been never was.
    Courage, intelligence, and vulnerability look good on you.

50. Dr. DNA Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 7:11 pm

“Moana is a tattoo covered swanky skank.”

Ain’t that cute. TV is for losers, welcome to the club Moana. I will say she cleans-up well with make-up.

I was wondering what that tattoo was on her back, a point of aim or the mark of the beast?

Speaking of point of aim; this should be a lesson for all you loose women, it is not a good idea to share a DNA moment on national TV.

Swanky skank indeed.

51. June Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 8:15 pm

All three characters struck me as superficial and inarticulate. How many times could they utter the words “intense”, “honest”, and “deep”? Even the “deep”, “intense”, “mysterious” Moana seemed dull and witless. However, she was a goddess compared to the unrelentingly bubbly yet painfully unoriginal Sarah. Honestly, I don’t think Dr. Travis was much of a prize with his limited vocabulary and over-rugged features. Yet, the women seemed to like him. Perhaps it was the lure of a two-carat, D-color, internally flawless diamond? Perhaps it was mere self-promotion? Perhaps it is just that some women will throw themselves at a tall doctor, even if the guy is ugly and dumb as a stump.
    I expected him to pick Sarah, even after all his prattling over his connection with Moana. Sarah was just the safe, dull little flatterer that he needed. Though his kisses with Moana showed passion, his embraces of Sarah seemed as sedate as if he were holding his sister in his arms. Perhaps this was due to editing, but this dull as dirt couple seemed to have no spark whatsoever.

I don’t argue that Moana would have been a vastly better choice, because I doubt her sincerity also. Yet it is better to be with a girl who does not pretend to be wholesome and “honest” than one who lays it on as thickly as Sarah did.

I wonder if Travis caught a glimpse of the two mothers? Now delicate and plain but well-grromed, Sarah will likely grow hefty and mannish over the years, while Moana seemed to have the genes to age well.

Moana will hopefully do better.

52. Marcey Jenkins Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 10:43 pm

MY Hat goes off to Travis… Sarah was my pick from day one… But i have been reading the message board on abc and they are saying that Travis and Sarah are not together anymore… I hope this is not true, as i do think they make a good couple… besides the show with Trisha and Ryan, Byron and Mary this was the best one yet..So I hope all the rumors that i have read are not true and abc will do a follow up show on them………. will they we all will have to wait and see what happens… Even the other bachelors there are no informations on they… I know out of all 8 shows there are only 3 couples who are still together… Trisha & Ryan who are married now,,,, Charlie and his pick,,,, Byron and Mary… Well if Sarah and Travis are still together this would make 4…. Well Good luck to both of them and all the best with there new found life together….

53. Curious Geek Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 11:55 pm

AAhhhhh…… Travis, travis, travis. You were afraid of feeling too much. Moana, you were afraid Travis would leave you emotionally and he did. This show is fabricated, everybody knows. The relationship between you two, if sacred and private, could have lasted. Instead, Travis has found “happiness” w/ someone who can comfort his inner-child which needed more work than you deserved to “mother”. Now he has a school teacher who is a professional at this stuff. Hope it serves him well. Otherwise, remember, he almost broke down into tears saying goodbye to you that night and emotionally, you wrecked him girl! We’ll see .. sometimes people make it anyway. After the fact, the shock factor could be pretty cool Moana and Travis marry after he picks Sarah on Bachelor .. ? ok, maybe not. :(

54. EB Says:
    February 28th, 2006 at 11:56 pm

For a big,strong,hunk Travis turned out to be weak. He was afraid to choose excitement and uncertainty and played it safe. Everything I saw pointed to Moana. From the beginning I thought she was so well spoken and unique. Instead, he chose Sarah who reminded him of home. How romantic. I think he’ll regret it later if he hasn’t already. Moana is too good to be the next Bachelorette. I’m sure the man of her dreams is working his way to her right now.

55. Anonymous Says:
    March 1st, 2006 at 2:15 am

Moana will end up winning afterwards. She’s the perfect choice for the bachelorette. These tv shows are not real and people don’t find true love. All they do is talk talk and sleep with each other. This is like prostitution, except with only 1 guy. They pay them to sleep with the guy hoping they’d find ‘true’ love. Only 2 couples from previous bachelor shows are lasting so far. Travis WILL end up breaking with Sarah, and Sarah will go home ,with money, but Moana will win even more money if she gets picked as the next bachelorette.

56. TG Says:
    March 1st, 2006 at 2:46 am

I don’t see Sarah and Travis lasting very long, thats if they haven’t broken it off already. (BORING! BORING! BORING!)The finale can be ranked as the most boring finale ever. I saw more emotions on Travis when he rejected Moana comparing to when he told Sarah “I’ve chosen you” like a high school kid with that fake smile on his face, while his heart is saying (Moana baby only if you had connected with my family) not to mention the boring kiss, then Travis added the icing on the cake by placing the ring around her neck. Sarah honey, what that means for you is nice meeting a good friend we can have more boring walks in the park like your home town date.
    Travis, shame on you for not following your heart. Travis chose Sarah because he know the relationship will not work. If Travis is so into having a future with Sarah, why would he pick her when she clearly stated she is not ready to leave Tennessee. I dont think Travis is ready for a commitment to anyone right now.

57. Rhonda in Mo Says:
    March 1st, 2006 at 3:15 pm

I WAS SO SHOCKED AT THE OUTCOME TO THE BACHELOR. TRAVIS IS SUCH A LET DOWN. SARAH PLAIN AND SMALL
    COULD NOT HOLD A CANDLE TO MOANNA.
    I WANT MOANA BACK AS THE BACHLORETTE. SHE DESERVES IT.
    HANG IN THERE MOANA

58. mimi Says:
    March 1st, 2006 at 5:19 pm

I didn’t care for Moana at first because she seemed fake. But by the end she grew on me. I felt her to be more real than Tennessee Barbie & Ken. Rumor has it that it’s already over before it began as if we couldn’t figure it out for ourselves. Hence the lack of the After the Rose post show. I wonder who this show has truly truly brought together. The fisherman and Maria I think are still together. What about Jerry O’Connel’s brother? I just feel like I wasted a ton of DVR space for the Bacehelor this season. An absolute snore.

59. "Travis&Sarah" Fan Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 3:35 am

Travis is intelligent & handsome, & Sarah is intelligent & adorable. They share a maturity & stability that will only continue to guide them along the right path – look at where they were in their lives even before ‘The Bachelor’. They complement & care deeply about each other. Travis made the right choice – Sarah’s a keeper.

Moana could really benefit from some professional counseling – she obviously has a wounded soul, & therapy could help to begin her healing.

60. Michael Tovar Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 4:28 pm

Travis is a dumb@$$ for picking sarah because everyone wanted moana to win but no is has to chose the good girl…..well what a loser…..

61. Lady Base Camp Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 6:47 pm

What happens when Travis wants to go climbing? Sarah will be at home doing the little squatty kid dance and baking cookies. As for Moana– he’s lucky he got out of that one. Moana needs to date Vin Diesel– Travis needs to go hang out in Vail, ski and climb and find some new girls OFF CAMERA, and improve his dating skills. there wasn’t anyone on the Paris show that was right for him And Cheryl Crow is too old and Avril Lavigne too young for him. Travis, get used to the dating world and being alone is not so bad.

62. Cass Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 8:25 pm

Sarah deserved to win. Moana needs to seek professional help, she needs to become emotionally stable before she could ever hold a relationship. Sarah was a much better pick and her and Travis seemed to have alot more in common. No not everyone wanted Moana to win actually alot of people think she has some issues dealing with life, alot of people are very glad Sarah won.

63. tinky_30 Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 10:22 pm

I am so d@mn sick of the people calling moana emotional, whiny, emotionally unstable, etc…. Oooohhkay, we see 3 clips of the girl crying (the show was over a 3 month period) and we think we know her. the average american is so ignorant. I mean c’mon people, nobody posting has a PhD psychology degree, and even if one of you did, no one can diagnose anyone from 3 tv clips on a reality tv show. I bet EVERY female (and not a few males)posting on this board has cried over a man in her lifetime, does that make YOU unstable? What?? Or does it only count if you’re caught crying on camera? In that case Oprah is a (rich) basket case.
    In any case we shouldn’t judge people we don’t know.

p.s. Travis and Sarah have already broken up. I guess (seemingly) sweet & stable don’t translate into long & lasting

64. RHONDA IN MO. Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 10:41 pm

I COULD NOT DISAGREE MORE… TRAVIS CHOSE FOR THE SAKE OF SAVING FACE. HIS. HE CHOSE BECAUSE OF HIS PARENTS. DID YOU CHECK OUT THE FATHER ASKING MOANA IS IT HIS OCCUPATION. HE KNEW HIS PARENTS WERE NOT IMPRESSED. MOANA KNEW ALSO….. SHE SEEMED TO OPEN UP AND THAT WAS WHAT MADE HER STAND OUT. SHE NEEDS NO COUNSELING
    THIS TOOK PLACE IN NOV-05…. SHE HAS HAD 3 MOS TO RECUPE….THE STORY NOW IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MOANA NOT IS T AND S ARE TOGETHER.
    MOANA FAN!!!!!!!!!

65. Shan Says:
    March 2nd, 2006 at 10:59 pm

OK, did anyone notice that while Moana was “sobbing” inside the limo after being rejected, there was hardly any wetness on her face?! There were no streaming tears, as would be expected by that level of crying and hurting. Didn’t she seem like the kind of girl who would NOT go for a straight, no-edge kind of guy like Travis?? She was so into the game of pretending that she had feelings for Travis, and being smug about seeing her rivals eliminated one by one, and even manipulating Travis. Yeah, I know there’s editing to create drama and conflict. Yeah, I think Sarah was bland compared to M–but given the choice between the two women, he picked the one who better meets his long-term criteria. If he’d picked Moana, she would have dumped him within a week! Frankly, I don’t think Travis and Sarah are going to last, either, because I didn’t see enough chemistry between them. But for the sake of the show, he had to pick one–or else neither, like Bachelorette Jen Schefft did (intelligently, I thought). We all know the success rate of these Bachelor pairings by now, don’t we?

66. Essence Says:
    March 3rd, 2006 at 2:47 pm

This season was great up until the final showing, I can absoultely relate to Moana! She was very private and only opened her heart to Travis! Now concerning Moana and Travis’ parents conversation during their dinner, she hasn’t been picked yet so she kept guarded; which was smart since Sarah was still in the picture! His parents saw a portion of what she’s like and that was enough! What mattered is if Travis saw all of what made Moana Moana. She just met Ray and Donna, so she’s not going to let people she just met(ok, maybe not “just met) peer into who she TRULY is!
    Travis and Moana had PASSION and with Sarah it wasn’t happening! I have to agree that there has to be that FIRE between people from the beginning! Sarah and Travis are buds and I think it will end up there.
    He said “If I listen to my heart, I can’t choose you” to Moana but you could tell their were feelings between them. I think his heart(if he has one)said pick her!
    His parents must have really impacted his final decision. He would have been happy with Moana.
    I pray Moana will find her fariy-tale ending with her Prince Charming! Guys tend to want real, passionate, secure women and usually go for the “good girl” type. Travis had something real and incredible with Moana! Poor Guy!

67. RHONDA IN MO Says:
    March 4th, 2006 at 11:07 pm

SOME PEOPLE MIGHT WANT TO TAKE NOTE OF WHAT IS SAID AND WRITTEN.
    I FOUND AN ARTICLE ON MOANA AND HER FAMILY AT OCREGISTER.COM..SHE HAS MADE A STATEMENT OR SHOULD I SAY HER MOTHER AND FOR ALL THAT SAID SHE WAS AN ACTRESS WEEELLL I THINK YOUR WRONG..SHE SAID IT WAS WHAT IT WAS AND SHE STILL THINKS TRAVIS IS A NICE GUY….SHE THINKS SHE WAS PORTRAYED POORLY..
    HER MOTHER COMMENTED THAT IT WAS A DISAPPOINTING EXPEIRENCE.. I THINK SHE GOT A BAD DEAL FROM ABC
    ALSO ONE TATTO ON A WOMANS BACK DOES NOT EQUATE TO A TATTOOED UP SKANK….MOANA FAN

68. Cass Says:
    March 5th, 2006 at 9:39 pm

Oh my gosh I really cannot believe people saying poor Moana, she went on the show knowing what it was…. knowing that she might not win. Its not like it was that big of a surprise. She was over confident and he picked Sarah. Yeah!! But its all besides the point anyway nobody knows what really went on ABC edited alot and I am sure made it look like certain things were happening and played up on alot of things that probably never existed. So really unless any of us know Travis personally you cant really judge him on who he picked. Maybe he really didn’t care for Moana as much as we were lead to believe. I am a huge Sarah fan.

69. Anonymous Says:
    March 6th, 2006 at 7:58 pm

Travis and Sarah are perfect match made in Tennesee, its to bad they had to figure that out on National TV. I can hardly wait for the Baby Travis’s to start appearing so Sarah can stay at home and Home School their Children.

70. Lilly Mei Says:
    March 7th, 2006 at 5:32 pm

Is Travis & Sarah still together
    as a couple?

71. RHONDA IN MO. Says:
    March 8th, 2006 at 2:38 pm

NO TRAV AND SAR ARE OVER THEY/HE SAID IT DIDN’T WORK OUT BECAUSE OF LACK OF TIME TOGETHER IN NASHVILLE AFTER THE SHOW…HUH
    THERE GOES THAT TENNESSEE ROMANCE.
    I AM SO SHOCKED….LOL

72. C-Bay Says:
    March 8th, 2006 at 11:46 pm

i dont understnad what they mean by they didnt get to spend much time together in Nashville, its not like they live far apart from each other, was it his job, or what? i cant belive that they are not together anymore!! i figured that they would get marriend and just be a happy couple!

73. Marie Says:
    March 9th, 2006 at 9:56 am

I have fallen in love with the man of my dreams and I can see when two people are truly in love. There is a look, a body language, the silly giggle and the loss for words, that lump in your throught and that racing heart.
    Travis and Moanna had that. Most people go through life doing what is safe for the sake of family, work, etc. But in life you have to live life to the fullest as if it were your last. Never settle. Your prince or princess is out there, but you can’t find them if you allow others to do your driving.
    I had a fairy tale opportunity 11 years ago to truly follow my heart against the odds, and 11 years later…the butterflies are still there, the look, the love, all of it.
    Never settle.
    Travis, if you really love Moana, defy TV, contracts, whatever, and go get your lady. The one you were meant to be with. Moana.

Sarah is a wonderful girl, but the spark was never there. It did not take a rocket scientist to see that. She’s was perfect for him as a prize wife, not a lifelong adored and cherrished partner. Sara is way to nice to settle as well, Travis and Sara were more like Barbie and Ken.

Sara deserves someone else. Travis does not deserve Moana, but he needs to get her back. If not, he’ll lose her forever.

Don’t blow it!

74. Essence Says:
    April 1st, 2006 at 12:36 pm

Here’s the 411! Travis had love with Sarah, but more of a brother sister type. With Moana had everything that made a sizzling relationship “Sizzle” and passed up on the woman who truly had his heart! He promised Sarah that their relationship would go further and behond(opps i misspelled it) Paris, that didn’t happen! So let’s recap- had 2 women, had this amazing connection with one, but your folks preferred all american, cheerleader type and you can’t think without the folks! Got real emotional and sent Moana home and before she got in her limo, you said “I’ll miss you.” Gave Sarah the final rose and couldn’t wait to be with her! Now it’s over and you blame ABC contracts. A REAL chance at love as well as happiness and you blew it!!!!!! LOSER!

75. Liliana Says:
    July 1st, 2006 at 10:40 am

All i can say is that Travis made the biggest mistake of his life. Moana is the one for him and he threw that away for stupid reasons. I feel sorry for him. He will regret it for the rest of his life.

76. cee Says:
    November 19th, 2006 at 10:58 pm

Well now that things have fallen apart with Sara ( i knew this would happen), Travis maybe you can follow your heart ( not the desire of your parents) and beg moana’s forgiveness if she hasn’t moved on already. I believe Moana was the perfect choice for you and I was devastated when you did not follow your heart. Moana I want you to know that there was absolutely nothing wrong with you and nothing you should have done differently you were simply misunderstood by Travis’s parents and for that he made the safe choice although the WRONG choice. Travis I was disappointed in you because up until you made that horrible choice I really admired and respected you. I was sure you were mature enough to make up your own mind and pick the right girl! the right girl was MOANA!!!!!!!!!

Comments