The Apprentice – Bye, Bye Brent Michael Buckman

March 20, 2006 11:09 PM by Joe Blackmon

Brent_buckmanAfter returning from the boardroom, Tarek tells everyone that Theresa got fired because she didn’t bring in Charmaine.  Charmaine gets upset over being the reason for Theresa’s elimination and goes to her room to cry.  Trump calls all the candidates together and tells them that Americans spend over $6 billion a year on cereal.  For their task, the teams have to build a billboard for Post’s new cereal: Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch.  Post executives will decide the winner between the two teams.

Tammy is project manager of Synergy.  Tammy’s main goal appear to be to limit Brent’s participation in the task as much as possible.  Brent volunteers to make the presentation to the executives, but Tammy assigns him the job of helping to coordinate clothing for the presentation.  Brent keeps suggesting a weight loss focus, but the team decides to go with a next generation theme.  Charmaine is project manager for Gold Rush.  Bryce has the idea of someone chugging a box of cereal because it’s so good, and Charmaine decides to go with it.  Brent causes further frustration to Synergy by meddling in the graphic design process and by being late in getting ready to go in the morning.

Trump is initially impressed by both banners.  Gold Rush has an athletic young woman chugging a box of cereal, while Synergy has an older man and younger woman getting ready to eat a bowl of cereal.  Sean from Synergy struggles in the presentation of his teams’ billboard.  The Post executives think there is too much going on in the Synergy billboard, but they think that Gold Rush’s billboard is terrific.  Gold Rush wins the task, and for their reward they get to cook with Chef Jean-George.

Brent is confident that he will not be fired and professes “I’m a nuclear weapon in that boardroom.”  In the boardroom, Brent tells Trump that he volunteered to do the presentation, but Tammy basically told him that he was too fat.  Brent says “I thought Tammy stank as a project manager, and it smells right over here, Mr. Trump.”  Andrea says Brent is “embarrassing and a liability to the team.”  Trump tells Brent, “Look your team can’t stand you, they think you’re a loser, they think you’re a loose cannon, and they really don’t think they function very well with you.  In fact, they think that they’re not doing well because you’re such a negative influence on the team.  Now, I could send you out and bring you back and keep sending you out and bringing you back, but I don’t want to do that.  Brent, you’re fired.”

In the cab ride away, Brent says “I respectfully disagree with Mr. Trump for firing me at this point in time.  I was the only true leader on Synergy.  I hope they all get fired.  I think they’re all a bunch of people who are stubborn and really gave me a hard time and didn’t give me the time of day and didn’t give me just deserts and should have allowed me to be project manager.  Synergy did sell Brent Michael Buckman down the river.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for The Apprentice news.  For other great The Apprentice news, please also check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice.

Topics: The Apprentice |

19 Responses to “The Apprentice – Bye, Bye Brent Michael Buckman”

1. ADOLF Says:
    March 20th, 2006 at 11:51 pm

SIEG HEIL

2. jj Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 12:51 am

I personally don’t want any of Brett’s former teammates to win. If any of them make it to the final four I’ll be shocked. Go Lee! Go Lenny!

I’m glad Trump let him go, how much humiliation could the man take. Brett once again proved he’s better than the rest realizing the weight loss angle would sell more than…what the hell were they thinking? The untapped creativity just left the show before it could awe the smug smirk off Tammy’s face, now lets sit back and enjoy the destruction of Synergy, one idiot at a time.

3. Martin Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 1:16 am

4. hhh Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 3:23 am

brent was the best in synergy. every idea that led to winning was his idea, yet no one remembered it. I really hoped every one in synergy lose badle that they are all fired

5. mimi Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 9:55 am

GO Gold Rush!!!

6. Chris Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 12:12 pm

I still don’t have a clear, quality favorite to win Season 5 yet, but I say someone from Gold Rush will win it as of right now.

Team Synergy is a team in disarray. Now with Brent gone, who will they blame if they lose?

7. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 12:35 pm

Wake UP!

Brent was a liability. Now that he is gone, they will be Synergy will be able to focus their energies on the task instead of babysitting and wiping up sweat.

Andrea, Tammy and Sean are all good contenders for Apprentice. Tarek is over-rated, Bryce is whiney and Dan hasn’t done anything yet — so Gold Rush isn’t any better. At least they have Lenny and Lee. And whomever that other non-descript mousy blonde is on their team.

thank God Brent is gone. Now I can watch the show without squirming.

8. Marie Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 1:34 pm

Brent’s teammates behaved like bullies in shool. I half expected them to start tripping him or pelting him with spitwads. What did he do that was SO BAD? Suggest a corny name for the team?! Dare to suggest women who go to Sam’s Club would want a free haircut?! It was Sean’s idea for Brent to dance around in the sandwich board. And Stacy admitted she lied when she said Brent threatened her. They refused to let him participate in the tasks yet blamed him each time for the loss.

Except for Roxanne, who’s the only one who voiced an objection about the whole “he threatened me” incident, I look forward to the rest of them getting axed.

9. lennyfan Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 3:50 pm

I agree with Marie, Brent’s team never liked him to begin with. I couldn’t believe that they had the audacity to say that they wished he would have been eaten by a shark in last weeks episode.
    It wasn’t Brent’s fault that they lost this task. They just used him as a scapegoat.
    Andrea was the one who was bragging that she does computer graphics all the time at her work. That’s the reason why they lost because the poster sucked!!
    If Brent would have just kept his mouth shut in the boardroom he probably wouldn’t have been fired.
    And the scene when Andrea was saying to Tammy, “I love you” and then Tammy said back “I love you too”, made me want to Barf!!

10. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 3:51 pm

Brent BULLIED his team mates. Just because he’s obese doesn’t mean he has the right to treat people like sh** and not expect them to defend themselves.

He was hideous in the boardroom. I would hate to see what he was like in a court of law.

He had no people-smarts at all; and didn’t show any other kind of smarts either. If anyone disagreed with him, he thought they “should be locked up in prison”.

Good luck to his wife — having to deal with that mess — and thank goodness he left the show.

11. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 3:54 pm

I agree. Brent didn’t try to help his team. He was just in it for himself. I bet that whole Trump tower smells better already. Just because you’re fat doesn’t mean you can be cruel to other people.

12. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2006 at 3:56 pm

How did that guy get thru law school. Don’t they screen out the losers? And why does Trump say he’s selected the best candidates and then expose us to crap like Brent. I want to see smart capable people, not whining idiots. Go eat a pie!!

13. Frankie Says:
    March 22nd, 2006 at 11:47 am

It’s amazing that a group of people can watch something and come away with totally different perspectives. Brent was picked on the entire show. He reacted in a not so great way, but what do you expect? How’d you react if everyone was constantly rolling their eyes at you and making fun of every single thing you did — even the way you dressed or ate food? Andrea may be a millionaire but she’s a horrible shrew of a woman.

14. Marlana Says:
    March 23rd, 2006 at 11:58 pm

I’m embarrassed to be a Canadian watching Brent on The Apprentice. Canada has exported some of the finest people in broadcasting and entertainment to the US, as well as other high profile executives transferred with our free trade agreements. Most of which, have fooled Americans in to thinking they actually are American! The US truly does benefit from some of our finest. We are not all idiots up here who go to clown school. If The Apprentice had only scouted someone to represent Canada properly, we might not continuously look like fools up here. I’m sorry the American viewers had to associate Brent with being Canadian. I’m sure if we were given another chance, they could choose someone brilliant from Canada who just happens to have a Green Card.

15. Mike B Says:
    March 25th, 2006 at 2:16 pm

I agree that Brent had to go. The problem was that Gold Rush did not give Brent the respect that he was due. He did try some things during Gillette that were ‘Hail Mary’ plays. But he was loud and obnoxius. I would be the same it I were pushed back like that.
    BTW, what about the bedsharing scene with Allie, Roxanne and Sean? I thought this would be a no-no for this situation?

16. Richard Says:
    March 27th, 2006 at 9:52 am

The Apprentice = Freak Show!

From Donald Trump’s hair to over weight Canadians to lipo-sucked, botox injected, over implanted, nightmare females.

This show sucks!

That sound you hear is my TV being turned off to you Mr. Trump.

17. michel Says:
    April 28th, 2006 at 4:04 pm

i think brent was a prettyy good guy.i mean come on the poor guy didnt get a chance.and weight shouldnt matter. i should know because i know him personally

18. michel Says:
    April 28th, 2006 at 4:04 pm

19. me Says:
    July 23rd, 2007 at 12:06 am

quote :”Hey! Please don’t post who’s fired and why before the episode is sent all over the United States. We all don’t live on the East Coast, you know?”

here in southamerica i’ve seen this chapter for the first time TODAY (Jul 23 2007).

uhm
    we all don’t live on “united states”, you know?

Comments