May 04, 2006 09:25 PM by Joe Blackmon

Paris_bennett_interview_1During the American Idol auditions, several celebrity magazines and major newspapers went crazy for Paris Bennett.  People Magazine called her an “early favorite,” and the New York Post called her a “probable winner.”  When recently questioned by reporters if her early status as a favorite could have worked against her, Paris replied “No, not at all.  I think that people made their judgments and all, and I think that they chose wisely, and they decided each and every one of the contestants’ fate.  But when it all comes down to it, I was already, in my mind, it was already planned that my journey was going to end somewhere.”

Paris Bennett might not have won American Idol, but she surely proved that she was worthy of that early praise.  As Paris told reporters, “I’m in the top five.  I can’t really complain.  Out of 150,000 people, look at where I made it to.  I’m just so grateful to have had this opportunity to share my gift and just give my all, and give 100% every night, time after time, to just prove to you guys that I wasn’t doing it just for the goal to have the title of an American Idol, but to show you guys that I love, and this is my passion, to be a singer and an entertainer as well.  To myself, I’ve already gotten the title of an American Idol because I’m a role model to more than just little kids but even to adults and people my age, and so I’ve earned my title, and it was just my time to go.”

Paris Bennett also showed no shortage of the confident attitude she often displayed on the show.  After being asked how she will feel when someone else claims the American Idol crown later this month, Paris replied “I’ll be very, very happy for that person.  He’ll have, he or she, will have my love and support.  And honestly, I’ll just be by their side and working on my own thing in hopes that me, him or her, will meet each other at the Grammy’s, and we’ll still be friends, and we’ll be the same place.”

While controversy is often a huge part of American Idol, Paris remained relatively controversy free during the show.  Paris explained to reporters, “I’m not a person to start up things.  If anyone can tell you about me, if you ever hear about me at the show, I am the lovable one.  Everyone always says I always have a passive way of doing things.  I always just have to be the squeaky clean one, but I’ll let you know when you’re out of place, but I just don’t stir up things.”

Even though Paris might have escaped major controversy, she did provide one of the most memorable moments ever on an American Idol elimination show, when she asked a surprised Ryan Seacrest to hold her gum while she sang.  Paris walked reporters through the moment, “Ryan held his hand out, and I said, Ryan, you want to hold this for me, and he said, what?  I took it out.  He, I think he already knew that I always keep gum at the top of my mouth.  I just gave it to him.”

No interview with Paris Bennett would be complete without addressing her unique speaking voice.  When asked if she wished her speaking voice was a little more mature, Paris replied  “I sure don’t.  I think that’s what makes me unique, and that’s what makes me different from a lot of the contestants that I was with and just people in general.  This is what I was blessed with.  When I was born, this is what I came out to have, and I wouldn’t change anything that was created on me.  I appreciate my voice in every aspect, so I definitely wouldn’t change it.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

26 Responses to “American Idol Finalist Paris Bennett Says She Wouldn’t Change Her Speaking Voice”

1. Anonymous Says:
    May 4th, 2006 at 9:46 pm

A talented class act all the way around…..looking forward to seeing and hearing you in the future Paris!!

2. Anonymous Says:
    May 4th, 2006 at 10:12 pm

such grace & class..

3. john Says:
    May 4th, 2006 at 10:57 pm

To all Paris haters, look carefully into her comments…and ask yourself why must you vote off this sweet talented person. Paris, Paris, you may be gone but you will have my full support all the way….and will surely meet you at the Grammy one day. Sick and tired of all those who spit at Paris. Those people should be ashamed of themselves!

4. Janelle Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 12:42 am

To John

“Sick and tired of all those who spit at Paris. Those people should be ashamed of themselves!” Good Grief, it’s just a reality show! Not everyone is going to share your opinion.

I wasn’t surprise that Paris was eliminated. Simon wants Bo errr Chris to win.

5. Donna Mills Lane Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 5:27 am

How DARE that dog-faced conceited little dwarf-girl say she is going to be at the Grammy’s one day- she must think she is SOOOOO it. I got news for you, honey, you’re not!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

6. DAWN KATE Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 6:08 am

I hope you’re not too upset Dave. This isn’t the last we’ve seen of Paris.

7. LOL Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 7:13 am

Paris WILL be at the Grammy’s!!!! :)

8. MissMO Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 7:40 am

Yeah she will be; in the audience!!!

9. rooster Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 7:47 am

donna mills lane…….did paris ever wrong you? just clap your hands if you don’t like what she said… you tall beautiful girl.

10. Paris Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 12:11 pm

DAMN I HATE THAT BLACK FAGGOT SLUT PARIS. She should eat t3h sh1t.

11. Alex Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 12:17 pm

I never get why people say “ask yourself why must you vote off this sweet talented person”. We didn’t vote OFF anyone. We voted FOR the person we wanted on. It’s not like Survivor where you vote for the person you want to LEAVE.
    The real question should be for her fans and why they didn’t vote enough for her to stay in the competition.

12. dee Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 3:00 pm

damn i think 6th graders need to get out of these chat rooms calling people black and sluty may get you hunted down dont be so rude and raciest not necesarry
    Paris

13. janice Says:
    May 5th, 2006 at 9:30 pm

Congratulations, Paris. You were the best out of the last 5 contestants. Keep your head high and you will do whatever you set out to do. More than I can say for the fools commenting on this site.

14. whoeva Says:
    May 7th, 2006 at 5:23 am

u said it dee :)

15. whoeva Says:
    May 7th, 2006 at 5:26 am

these times are in american times… im in england.. so this time is 5 hours behind… hmmm
    by the way why does everyoen hav to be so racist paris had a really sweet voice well all i can say is she was truely the best girl even though i am a big fan of kellie and ace was the best from the boys i don’t no wht wrong with america !

16. BRENDA Says:
    May 9th, 2006 at 12:12 pm

TO jANELLE: WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE CALLING PARIS A DOG FACED LITTLE DWARF? I BET YOU ARE NO AMERICAN BEAUTY YOURSELF, AND PROBABLY CAN’T HOLD A TUNE. IF YOU CAN WHY DON’T YOU AUDITION ON “AI” NEXT SEASON? DO YOU KNOW PARIS THAT WELL TO TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT? APPARENTLY YOUR MOTHER DID NOT TEACH YOU MANNERS, AND IF SHE DID YOU SURE DID NOT LEARN ANYTHING. YOU RACIST, NARROW MINDED LITTLE TWIRP. IT’S PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKES ME WONDER IF THIS COUNTRY WILL EVER CHANGE ITS PREDJUICE VIEWS ABOUT PEOPLE THAT ARE DIFFERENT THAN THEMSELVES. THANK GOD YOU ARE THE MINORITY.
    GO PARIS. WE HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF YOU. OH, JANELLE, WHEN SHE IS ON TV SMILING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK. WHERE WILL YOUR TIRED ASS BE?????????????

17. BRENDA Says:
    May 9th, 2006 at 12:13 pm

18. chico powell Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 2:28 pm

Paris will make it, because she realizes who she is. She has a vision and it doesn’t matter what a few individuals think. It’s undeniable that she has an awesome voice for a 17 year old, and what God has in store for her will come to pass.

Much Love

19. mr Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 8:20 pm

You haters should be ashamed of yourselves and get a life

20. ShadowWarrior Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:34 pm

I love Paris and was very upset that she got eliminated but we’ll see her on her own soon watch.I read the interview she had with Entertainment Weekly last week and she said she’ll be on tour and have her own album.If you want more details on that then visit ew.com.

Oh yeah F*** You Rooster you racist piece of sh*t
    I’m 16 so i’ll f*** you up or one of my younger cousins for being such a jerk.

I believe in Paris and much love to ya .What about
    ya’ll?

21. Janelle Says:
    May 13th, 2006 at 12:46 am

To Brenda:

Did you forget to take your medication? I never made any racial slurs about Paris. “My mother never taught me manners”-Wow, it’s Pot calling Kettle black!

Some of her fans would make spectacular leaders of a fascist government. “What you have a different opinion from me…Waaa, You should be ashamed of yourself.” Ever heard of freedom of speech?

22. Anonymous Says:
    May 13th, 2006 at 2:01 am

If you going to attack somebody, make sure that you got the right person. IDIOTS!

23. Ebony London UK Says:
    May 14th, 2006 at 9:21 pm

Paris is a STAR with a capital S. Do not attack each other, people! We are all human created by God. Lets all pray for Paris, that God will help her to reach her goals. American Idol gave her the start she needed and I am sure she will carry on. Humans are not dogs, we are all beautiful in our own speical way. Paris have a voice that will take her places and it is all good. Now lets us not bash this child but encourage her to carry on. More power to the people. Love all from London UK.

24. Ebony London UK Says:
    May 14th, 2006 at 9:34 pm

Paris will make it to the Grammy, just like her grand mother before her. I am sure that lots of people did not believe that Ann Nesby would make it to the stage in her music. When I listen to Paris sing with such a big voice, I give praises to God for such rare talent. I thought that Paris would have won the competition, but God have other plans for her. Let all make some noise for PARIS! So remember my friend, people are not dogs, and we are all beautiful. You are beautiful, Paris is beautiful and every one in this chat room and the rest of the world ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. Let us start loving each other and the world will be a better place for all, regardless of race. It does start with one person.

25. ShadowWarrior Says:
    May 20th, 2006 at 10:11 pm

Yeah you are all right we are all gods children and should love each other not matter what.But not every one feels that way.Oh yeah I’m not an idiot.Its just upseting to see such racism it just made me furious at the time.

We’ll be lookin 4 ya Paris and we will always have you in our prayers.I know i will

26. JAN Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:43 am

Shadow warrior.

I like Paris but I’m not going to get worked up every time somebody posts a negative review.

As for the racist remarks….Of course you have a right to defend her. I just think it’s wrong to attack the wrong person. The person that you want to be beat up was actually defending Paris!

Comments