American Idol Shocker: Elliott Slays Chris The Giant

May 10, 2006 09:56 PM by Joe Blackmon

Chris_giantIn true David vs. Goliath fashion, Elliott Yamin just took out the man that many considered to be the giant in the American Idol 5 competition.  Elliott Yamin had been consistent during most of the competition, which allowed him to slip into the top four undetected.  Then, with perfect timing, Elliott shocked the world with not one but two breakout performances.

The performances propelled Elliott all the way from a likely fourth place finish into the top two with Taylor Hicks.  This left Chris Daughtry in a battle with Katharine McPhee to avoid elimination.  Even though Katharine McPhee wound up receiving the most criticism from the judges, it might actually have worked to her advantage.  Katharine McPhee fans knew they had to vote in massive numbers to keep their favorite singer safe.

Chris Daughtry fans on the other hand probably assumed that he was likely safe thanks to Katharine’s struggles.  In fact if the judges hadn’t been so harsh on Katharine, it might have actually woken up Daughtry fans to the fact that he was at risk.  Daughtry’s performances were actually quite good, but he played it safe.  Elliott Yamin went for the knock out, and he nailed it.  Even if Elliott goes home next week (which we don’t think he will), American Idol viewers will likely never forget the night that Elliott slayed the giant.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

109 Responses to “American Idol Shocker: Elliott Slays Chris The Giant”

1. Tim Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:02 pm

This will probably be one of the biggest upsets in AI history. Elliott the Giant Killer knocks down Chris! Will be big news tomorrow, I guarantee it!!

2. Carol Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:07 pm

Chris Daughtry was robbed? If Taylor wins, American Idol will loose it’s shaky credibility.

3. Anonymous Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:10 pm

Next week, look for Elliott Yamin knocking off Katharine McPhee to make it to the Top Final Two and the week after, he will probably knock out Taylor Hicks to be crowned the next American Idol.

4. Jim Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:11 pm

I’m really thrilled Elliott stayed, but I hope Chris fans don’t hold it against him. All Elliott really did was just sing his butt off. Kat was the one with Chris in the bottom 2, so she is the one who was more responsible for him leaving.

I hope Elliott can stay next week. I want to see him in the final 2.

5. Sing for Cash Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:11 pm

Sorry Chris you were real…?

But you need to stop the throat crap and just sing and not sing in your tonsils.

At least you now have a chance for the Gig of all Gigs.

The Disney DVD:

“Singing Your Way to a Snore Free Night”

Buh bye

6. Shenzhen Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:12 pm

Elliot giving a break out performance, please give me a break. Watching his face when he sings is painful. He can use his voice really well but no performance quality and his actual voice quality is airy, breathy and thin. Once the competition is over nobody will pay attention to him because he will lose his underdog status and just be an average guy with average looks, and above average ability to use his average voice.
    Chris is better served not to actually be voted idol as his image will go farther if he becomes rocker. He will do well, he has got the makings of a star and whatever he lacks right now a little grooming from the professionals will make him great.

7. sapphire Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:13 pm

Tonight was a shocker.
    I’m glad Elliott was safe, but Chris deserved to stay, at the very least, one more week.
    I hope both Chris and Elliott have successful music careers with at least one double-platinum album each.
    Same for Taylor. He has a very dedicated fan base.
    I hope Elliott wins, with Taylor getting second, but Kat will hopefully get in some memorable performances before her elimination. She is a talented singer, even though yesterday was a pretty bad night for her.
    -sapphire

8. Noah Crow Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:15 pm

At lease we know that the American people choses their “Idols” like the do the American President…..Not very well!!
    Farewell to the real WINNER-CHRIS DAUGHTRY
    GO CHRIS!

9. AI5isaJoke Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:15 pm

Taylor and Elliott have both earned their spots in the semi-finals, talent and hardwork. Katharine is still there after butchering Phil Collins and forgetting Elvis? What has happened to this competition. She did not earn this and should be ashamed, now America will see the mistake next week when she sings.

10. Dallas Fan Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:27 pm

Sorry for Chris, his rocker fans obviously think it is too “cool” to vote. But he will be a star, he has great talent. Really want to see Elliot go, no charm and no crowd appeal. Nothing unique about his voice. It’s pretty nice, but heard it before. Best wishes to Taylor (#1) and Kat (#2)! Enjoyed Elvis night the best of all so far.

11. Denver Fan Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:34 pm

I totally agree with Dallas Fan about Elliot. But Katherine should be #1 and Taylor #2. They both would be better off that way for record deals. Taylor doesn’t need to be an idol to go on and Katherine seems more appropriate to make a pop record.

12. Brett Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:34 pm

Wow for Elliot!! What a comeback!! Hey all you Elliot fans, we have to keep voting for him so he makes it to the finals!

13. Mel Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:35 pm

elliot is by far the most talented vocalist – He reminds me a young Tony Bennett – for those of you who too young to know who that is – a great pop/jazz singer whose career has spanned 5 decades. whether or not Elliot wins is another story – America’s collective musical taste in pop singers is pretty dismal for the most part – Those who can’t hear the talent pouring out of Elliot simply have no “soul” and no ears.

14. Annette Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:36 pm

AMERICA, BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. brianne Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:42 pm

Actually,i’m not so surprised that Elliott “slayed” Chris; I’m surprised that Taylor and Kat did. But now that Chris is gone, i hope Elliott “slays” his remaining opponents and goes on to win this thing. At least that would compensate a little… But i feel as though i’m going to be disappointed again very soon…

16. Anonymous Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:46 pm

LOL

17. Don Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:47 pm

Holy crap. I’ve said from the beginning that Chris was the package…you know “Idol” Material. No doubt about it, Elliot can sing but, well he can sing (period). What happened?? I miss one show and it all goes to he||. No one left to vote for now. If we’re voting for an idol I mean.

18. Rossana Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:47 pm

Katherine should have been bumped off the show. She made a total fool of herself on stage last night and she has been singing badly the past few weeks. Why is she still there???

I am completely shocked Chris is gone. Just goes to show that anything can happen regardless of talent.

Elliot is extremely talented, very consistent, gets better everytime. Forget that doens’t look movie-star handsome. He sings superbly.

Taylor is an entertainer. Period.

I do not want to see Katherine as the next AI. From day one, (top 24) she wasn’t good. Looked even mousy, bad dresser, flab that bounces up and down with her. She’s too young to have all that flab. Her voice butchers songs. She has a conceited self centered attitude. I cannot and hope she doesn’t become the next American Idol.

19. Pat Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:53 pm

I am surprised that so many people think Elliot is a good singer. Singing is the whole package not just getting notes right and using vibrato. I agree with Shenzhen.

20. Fergus Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:53 pm

Bottom line — if you can turn on the sex and pout into the camera, you STAY. Why? Becauuse the network people like you.

Doesn’t matter if you are a screechy bitch who should have left the competition a long time ago.

Chris — you don’t need the AI title. You ROCK!

21. handsomeprince Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:53 pm

Shocker??? You guys must be out of your mind. Chris has shown so much monotonous voice of his, flat and run-of-the-mill boring performance. The only thing he is good at is his own genre – rock. So it is NO SURPRISE that this hideous, bald headed arrogant looking snob got voted off. ELLIOT or IDIOT should be the next to go. Can’t stand this ugly half-baked coconut shell mentally retarded looking person still on the stage with his hideous steps and performing like a no-brainer pervert…Yuck! Good baldie snob is gone. Now it’s time we get rid of half-baked coconut shell stained with sour milk!!!! Drink sweet sultry magarita like Kat’s. Vote for Kat!!! Vote for Kat!!!

22. DoreenMorg Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 10:59 pm

I’m shocked, totally, that Chris got voted off. I really like the four of them, but Kat is over the edge with her moony looks at the camera. Idol, uh uh? Drama Queen – yes. Taylor is a hoot, but Idol? Elliot, Idol? C’mon. Tonight, folks, I think we just saw the demise of Idol 06.

23. cris Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:02 pm

Chris deserved to be in the bottom 2 for his performance this week but the one who should have gone home was Kat. She butchered both songs and her “apology” reminded me of the drama queen – double yucks. I hope she’s out next week.

Elliot was superb. His was the best performance.

24. Anonymous Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:05 pm

Oh c’mon Chris didn’t do a good job last night nor Katharine. At this point you have to give it all and Taylor and Elliott did. Well Elliott did the most. Besides we already have enough rockers. We need someone original and unique. The only ones that are unique are Elliott and Taylor. Katharine still has a chance to make it to the top 2 if she sings her butt off next week, but if not then bye bye Katharine!

25. Dianne Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:07 pm

I am in shock. Why is McFever still on Idol? She appears to be a snippy little girl with little talent. She has forgotten lyrics, been off key and she dresses completely inapproriate. I cannot believe Chris was voted off. Somethings up!

26. Shenzhen Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:08 pm

Elliot was definitely not superb. If you watched the show without the judges stilted commentary you would know that he can sing well but he is limited by his inability to perform for the audience and the tone and quality of his voice.

27. festus Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:09 pm

Bad choice tonight america. Chris was the best of the bunch. Kat is pretty no doubt, but she should have gone this week…. Chis was the best of this years idols. Taylor is very very good and has stage presence but his voice is not as good. Elliot can sing but has absolutely nothing else……

28. James Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:11 pm

Dianne.

My thoughts exactly…it’s an effen idol we’re voting for here!!

29. leigh Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:20 pm

I knew after last night it was over. His two performances were as I wrote before, dreary, boring, lacking total personality and charisma. Chris was great when doing rock, but when he just had to sing soft ballads, he is missing facial emotion. Based on last night’s performances alone, he or Kat deserved to go.

30. bobbie Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:23 pm

Well I guess my Wednesday nights are free for the nect couple weeks. I don’t need to watch AI anymore this season because I don’t really cae who wins of the final 3.

Eliott is just awful

Katherine gets on my nerves!

Every time Taylor “performs” I feel the need to hand him some of my seizure meds.

31. john Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:23 pm

Unfortunately what happened is that Chris was the judges and producers favourite, but not the publics. That is why he was in the bottom 3 before. When they announced 2 weeks ago that Chris and Kat was top 2, they combined their votes and that was higher than Taylor who was 1 and Elliot no 4. Taylor has been at the top of the votes every week

32. Anonymous Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:28 pm

This article was so well put! Short, sweet, and very much to the point!

33. Shayna Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:28 pm

If anyone has listened to either of Taylor’s previous CD’s, I think you will find that he can, in fact, sing and sing well. His voice actually sounds a lot better when he isn’t doing all of that strange gyrating on stage. He has a big following for a reason – and that reason is that he’s really a very talented performer. He’s just not very cool. But when it comes to being truly uncool, no one is quite as dorky as Elliott who seems to me, like a throwback to another era. For pure vocal talent, I’d go with Katharine. She definitely has the most potential, if she can only calm her nerves and manage her performance anxiety.

34. MikeknaJ Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:30 pm

Biggest Idol upset since Tamyra in Season One.

35. terence Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:34 pm

yeah, it may be a shocking result this week that Chris was booted out. But Taylor is going to win it eventually……..

36. jp Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:40 pm

this is so silly. elliott is easily the most dynamic singer in the competition. no he doesn’t look amazing, but he doesn’t look bad either? i love the people who claim to have hear his type of voice everywhere. name one as good. on the otherhand kat sounds like every broadway wannabe, taylor sounds like every vegas lounge act and chris sounds like every lead singer of those boring nickleback type rock bands.

37. Gomski Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:43 pm

Im not shocked that Chris was gone because chris, elliott & taylor were all from the south & katharine was the lone yankee so she definitely got high votes from them(the north)…..
    and besides, america really knows who deserves to win the title & it’s Kat….
    Next week it will be taylor who’ll go believe me…

38. mike Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:45 pm

Chris was the least searched on the internet. It was all hype fed to you by the judges that Chris was so popular. Do a google check and you will see by far the most searched idol has been ‘Taylor Hicks” with 2,120,000 hits. Make sure on your searched you add ‘name’that gives exclusive posts about that person not any person named say Chris or Taylor.

39. stacy Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:46 pm

Taylor has been from the beginning the fan favourite and Chris the judges favourite. Maybe America is not being manipulated so easily anymore.

40. Semper Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:48 pm

To those of you who are saying Elliott has an average voice… I don’t know what show you are listening to! “Average” like Luther Vandross, Johnny Matthis, and Stevie Wonder. There is a reason all the judges and celebrity guests (including Stevie himself!) think he has an amazing voice. I don’t think Chris should’ve gone — he’s a great rock singer. But I suspect some of you who dismiss Elliott so easily are mostly just paying attention to glitz and appearance. Cause that boy can SING.

41. borntobe Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:49 pm

I think ryan seacrest is too harsh when he informed chris that he would go home.. I think ryan have some attitude problems nowadays.. remember.. first one is the harshest comment a judge could ever had..im talkin about the stripper stuff that ryan blew to paula abdul.. then the next one is this elimination night, not making it to lightly for chris to carry the burden.. anyway.. what’s wrong with america?? are you guyz dumb?? you let the bald guy rocker go home?? I was hoping that he will likely be the champ on the show.. well, that sucks!! because of this sh*tty thing.. i would not watch this dumb show anymore.. what a totally shocker.. i was hoping for the next season to be fair by not voting the boobsy slut.. (though i like her on some previous episode).. KAT.. your going home next week.. I assure you.. unless a miracle happen.. as if!! Taylor.. your too weird for me.. i like your songs.. well.. atleast most of it.. but your way too weird.. Elliot.. Go dude!! nail it!! If chris doesn’t win this competition (which will not gonna happen cuz he’s out), well it got to be elliot.. GO FOR IT DUDE.. and AI sucks cuz chris went home tonight..

42. Andre Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:52 pm

Shenzen is nuts. Chris Daughtry is gone and, I for one, am glad. He was a one-note, one-dimensional bore. He let his rocker status go to his head and he didn’t try very hard. He believed his own PR and press that he had a lock on “American Idol 5″ and he got played. Good for him. Elliott Yamin came to win and he delievered two strong performances that proved he is a contender.
    It was a pleasure to see the annoyed look on Daughtry’s face when the news sunk in that he was going to have to pack his tattered jeans, leather pants and T-shirts and take his behind home.
    What an ego!

43. Music Major Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:52 pm

44. Katie Says:
    May 10th, 2006 at 11:56 pm

I think that since the idols have been getting two songs instead of one, Chris has been unable to hold his voice through the second song. His first songs were on point, but his second songs were both shaky, in my opinion. Don’t threaten to kill me for saying it. Elliot and Taylor both came back strong on their second songs for the past two weeks, even though their first strongs weren’t terrible. I was surprised that Kat didn’t go home tonight, but honestly, Taylor and Elliot deserve to be where they are. Taylor has been consistently good. And Elliot has come through so strong through the competition. Stop focusing on the cosmetic appeal. So Taylor has gray hair and Elliot isn’t the most handsome man ever. So what? They have both proven that they can move through different genres and still maintain a good voice.

45. corri kolb Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:03 am

I have loved watching Idol over the past weeks, I think Chris is very talented… but I have from the beginning loved Taylor & felt that he truly has REAL talent. He is so charismatic & truly a performer. Though I am shocked at Chris being booted(should have been Kat), I agree with the voting thus far!!

46. maestro Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:07 am

Nobody can please everybody so it doesn’t matter if a few don’t like elliott’s voice. What matters is that there’s so many of us who appreciate elliott’s singing, plus his unassuming ways.there’s no way to explain how one singer can affect audiences differently. but one thing is sure, elliott brings joy to all his fans every time he sings! Those who judge a singer on the basis of his looks simply reveal their narrowmindedness and
    lack of depth in assessing a person.To call elliott a coconut is an insult to the coconut! (just kidding!)my point is, you can call him anything. but we admire his voice. period.

47. Shannon Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:08 am

I have been a dedicated Idol fan. I have debated with my husband that in the end it is more than a popularity contest…granted I may not always agree with the order of elimination but when it is down to the final 2 I get it. NOT THIS TIME. I really believed it was a basic no contest and Chris was the only widely marketable talent. Yes, rock is his thing but we need a rocker as an idol. Not a hugh fan of Elliot but last night was his best performance to date and deserved to go thru. The rest of this season is done for me and if Taylor wins, I am done with American Idol for good because it will prove my husband right, it is more about the likability factor than talent.

48. jud Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:27 am

To all:

We should not be mad or upset why Chris was voted off, instead of Elliot or Kat. We should accept the fact that each contestant has his/her own base of fans. Thus, this is not only a battle between contestants, but also a battle between among their base of fans. So,if Elliot’s fans voted more than the fans of Chris, then that’s something that we cannot control, because that’s their rights as voters. Everyone has a right to vote! If you voted for Elliot or Kat, that’s your right to vote too, and I have no reason to control that. The bottom line here, is that, please let us all respect who we voted for. Let’s not hate the contestants we dislike most who is still in the Idol for next week. Whoever wins the competition should be respected. Besides, I don’t think America will choose a bad winner. If you look in the past, Kelly Clarkson, Reuben, Fantasia, and Carrie, they are all good and they make records! These top 4 contestants, Taylor, Kat, Chris and Elliott are all good too! Any one of these four is good enough to become an American Idol, otherwise they will not go this far!

Once and for all, we will see who will win the American Idol. Of course, if you don’t like your favorite idol to lose the battle, please vote! Remember, this is a survival of the fittest! In my opinion, the one who should win the competition should have an overall package of an American Idol personality! That includes, talent, personality, stage presence, good voice, charisma, good entertainer, unique, and most of all appealing to the eyes of millions of viewers! Although, nobody is perfect as each contestant cannot please everybody!Please use your judgements and we’ll see who will win soon. One more thing, please focus in voting your favorite contestants and try not to focus on somebody’s faults. And congratulations to all if your favorite wins, otherwise, please accept the fact and show your sportsmanship. This is not the end of your world! Life is too short to be sad or upset of this, if you lose your bet! Life must move on!

Have enjoyable week! Take it easy!

49. katfanatic Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:34 am

I always thought that KATHARINE should be the next American idol, what with her good looks and awesome vocal range. It was a good thing that her closest rival, Chris, is now eliminated!
    This means, it is now smooth sailing for Katharine from here on. To those who think that paris sings better than kath, perhaps you need to see an ear doctor to treat your impacted cerumen. With ace,kelly, paris, and chris OUT OF THE WAY, who can now stop Katharine from clinching the AI 5 title? Taylor? He could not even sing Just Once decently!?

50. Lisa White Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:35 am

Now that we are down to three…it is becoming more and more clear that the winners remain because their star is rising so to speak…Elliott has grown as a performer more than anyone and his kindness and humanity shine through always…and those qualities make a person beautiful way more than so called perfect model looks. Elliott is real, authentic, talented and a beautiful human being.

51. Di Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:35 am

What’s wrong with America and their voting? What’s wrong with some of you!

First, Chris was named by the American Idol staff to be the most likeable, generous, supportive, friendly, low maintenance, genuine, non-pretentious and helpful contestants — they said that he’ll be the one they miss most. So you people at home think he’s some kind of Jerk? He just isn’t. If you don’t like his singing, fine, but it doesn’t make him a jerk.

Kat is a tomboy who is being pushed into trying to be sexy – and yeah may be a little awkward at it because it isn’t really her. And you’re holding it against her? Do you really think the contestants get to pick all their songs and all their clothes and the way they look or don’t look into the camera? They have a little say but they also sometimes have to do what they are told.

What they Don’t have to do is yell “WHOO — SOUL PATROL” and jiggle around like they are fighting off ants in their shirt.

They also are allowed to see a dentist. Attention Elliot – if you really want to make it big, appearance is important, so start saving your money for some dental work. There’s a reason Elliot doesn’t get close up shots and he holds the mic in front of his face the way he does – they want him to look the best he can.

There were only two people who fit the definition of American Idol – Kat and Chris. They have the “Package”. What a shame that Chris had to go, and if Kat does, either of the other two will simply take the place of “least successful idol of all time” and the franchise will begin to fade. Maybe that won’t be so bad, after all, watching the Judges drunken ramblings and the in-fighting is pretty tiring. The contestants are the only grown ups in that place!

52. iluvkat Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:45 am

it’s going 2 b kat and taylor @ d finals. and kat will get the most number of votes b/c majority of america are still sane, and wouldn’t want an epileptic having constant seizure as their idol. yamin? he rose from obscurity and will return to obscurity. he is no star material like paris and kelly.last tuesday was his best performance. meaning, it’s downhill from there.GO GO KAT!

53. YUMYUMYAMIN Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:59 am

To all fans of elliott, there is no need to defend elliott from the verbal assault by his detractors particularly
    about his appearance. Elliott is OUR idol not because he exudes sex, violence, and evil which is what today’s mtv sells, but on the contrary, elliott exudes gentleness, kindness, and humility. What could be more beautiful than that? Let us just focus on voting for elliott! He is the most beautiful person of the lot.

54. pud333 Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:17 am

Elliott is the man. He knocked out Chris, Kat will be next, and although Taylor has never been in the bottom group of vote getters, he will lose in the end because people will realize that while Taylor is fun to watch dancing, they won’t want to buy his CD. Vocal talent will win out over dance moves, guaranteed. Elliott is going to take it all. America loves an underdog. Taylor will be Clay Aiken, Mr. 2nd place. Except his CDs won’t sell more than Elliott’s.

55. Patrick of QVF Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:34 am

Ahh sweet. I loved that moment when Ryan said: ‘you’re going home’. The look on Chris’s face was indeed priceless. Elliott’s consistent high quality, sophisticated, soulful, articulate musicianship simply shown through Chris’s superficial ‘rocker’ posturing. Elliott truly did slay the giant. Chris, on the other hand, was a cookie cutter safe yawner posing that hysterical overly masculine pose that certain parts of America worship. Again…. yawn. Any day overconfidence and entitlement is checked is a good day. For all those obviously upset and disappointed, maybe this season’s ‘rocker’ Chris and last season’s ‘rocker’ Bo will join up and do a ‘rocker’ duet tribute to all those ‘rockers’ who just don’t get any respect.

56. molly Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:36 am

YUMYUMYAMIN, I couldn’t have said it better myself.

And it will be Katherine who will be going downhill from here. Lets see, she butchered against all odds, I have nothing, and both Elvis songs. When it comes time for the competition she CHOKES!!! And next week she has to sing three songs and I bet she will butcher at least one song if not all three. She should have gone before Mandisa!

Elliott is like the guy next door and thats who I’d like to see as the next American Idol.

57. justme Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:40 am

well i guess everyone has there own oppion. but no need to be rude, i am sure that kat thought she was going tonight, and was just as suprised as any of you, i like AI and will continue to watch it, and i hope that elliot are tayor win, they deserve it just as well as chris did. and they have work just as hard, to dont be so judge mental. i am sure chris isnt being.

58. benjamin smith Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:41 am

Many of these responses are downright cruel and mean-spirited…have a little decency and class people! I was extremely sad to see Chris go..I think he deserved to be in the top 2. The Final 3 all have their strenghs and weaknesses:
    Elliott- the best voice but not the most good looking
    Taylor- the most charisma but not the best voice
    Kat-the whole package, but she is very hit and miss

59. Katie Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:53 am

People are really mean. Why should Elliot have to go to a dentist? He’s not the one who needs to make a change. People need to start appreciating music for music. Yes, performance is important. Voice is important. Personality is important. Looks are not a part of music. Focusing on something that he cannot help is just mean. All of the contestants have worked hard to be where they are. What it comes down to is who appeals to more of the viewers. It’s not unfair. Just because you think someone is totally awesome and deserves to win doesn’t mean the rest of America feels the same. So stop being spiteful. Appreciate the talented people who have made it as far as they have.

60. donna lane Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 2:12 am

Finally, that no-talent poser rocker is gone! I think he was worse than Bo Lice, if that’s possible. Bo Lice has a flop album while the TRUE SUPERSTAR OF THE SEASON CARRIE UNDERWOOD HAS SOLD 3 MILLION COPIES OF HER ALBUM!

CHRIS WAS A LOSER, A FLOP, HE COULD NOT SING, HE WAS UGLY, HE WORE SISSY BOOTS, I SAW HIM PICKING HIS NOSE AT GRACELAND, HE IS A ZERO, HE WILL NEVER MAKE IT BECAUSE HE HAS NO TALENT- THOSE KIDS WILL BE EMBARRASSED TO THINK OF HIM AS THEIR FATHER- HE IS A BIG FAT DWARF OF A LOSER!!! GO BACK TO YOUR RATHOLE, CHRIS, WHERE YOU BELONG!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

61. cris Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 3:39 am

Stacey you wrote “Maybe America is not being manipulated so easily anymore.”. To tell you the truth, when I watched previous AIs I used to wonder why America would just simply vote according to what Simon says. I am glad that this year is different.
    Way to go, America!

62. donna lane Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 3:48 am

My name is Donna Lane. If you noticed in all the messages I sent on above and on other sites, I have been acting rather rudely. My criticism on the idols have gone overboard. I should be ashamed of myself on making fun of Chris, and most obviously Clay Aiken. I sounded like a gay basher and I apologize to all the gays around the world. I know I was not born perfectly, as I have been seeing psychiatrist for the past couple of years. I cry and cry and bashing idols online is a way to express myself and hopefully bring back my self-esteem. I am not asking for sympathy, and you are all damn right, I am very very ugly indeed. I could not even look at myself in the mirror. I shame for I look worst that mentally retarded look Elliot, Satan gay Chris, and homo Clay all combined in one. If you can remember the cartoon Shrek, that is the closest my look is. Each time I have to knock myself on the wall after criticising the idols because I feel good hurting myself. In my life, hurting people’s emotions reflect my past childhood. I was raped many times by uncles and dad. Not that they rape me for their lust. They rape me because I ask for it myself. I enjoy those rape. And my, again, I am asking everyone here to come and bash me, hit me and scold me….I love every minute of it!!!!!!

63. tom Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 4:05 am

Chris was never the most popular. The public were misled by the judges having him as their favourite. He has been in the bottom three before. If you go on the official message board, Taylor Hicks has 560,000 posts about him and Chris has 183,000 posts. If you do the google search you will see as well he was not the most popular by any means.

64. anne Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 4:07 am

If you read the reviews from the night before, it was generally agreed that the weakest two were Chris and Kat. Besides which the week before his voice gave out. Makes it two weeks in a row he was not great. I am not shocked in the slightest. He was also overpraised in any case.

65. dean Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 4:11 am

Apparently the highest vote getter every week has been Taylor.

66. donna lane Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 4:59 am

Well, if Taylor is the highest vote getter, that is a TRAGEDY because courttv.com said he was arrested for DRUGS!!! Obviously, America does not know this because I am confident they would be morally outraged that this fatbutt retard is still on the show and may one day influence the younger generation!! My god, do we really need another scandal after the “sleazing for cheap gay sex on the internet” Clay Aiken scandal? His association with this show has now become an embarrassment!! In case you don’t know, some guy claimed Clay hit on him on the internet and they hooked up and had unsafe sex and Clay would not return his phone calls. Then a totally different guy produced cam pictures saying they are pics of Clay near-nude and they were put in a magazine. SHAMEFUL!!

67. bob Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 5:10 am

This is a backlash against the judges blatant favouritism. America wants to choose their own winner. That is why Chris was in the bottom three before.

68. bob Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 5:10 am

69. bob Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 5:10 am

70. filipina Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 5:13 am

i am so glad that chris is gone. he can only sing rock songs and it bores me to death!hes not a great singer like elliot taylor or katharine. i think its the best top 3 ever!

71. Kath Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 5:43 am

KAT RULES!

72. T Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 6:02 am

This show is so predictable. They already have Taylor winning, so why do you think they kicked off Chris. You didn’t see any of the other three contestants singing there songs again Wednesday and you didn’t see any stars requesting them to do so. They have this show rigged and I’m laughing all the way to the bank…Stupid, Jerky,Grey-haired Taylor who can’t sign worth a crap is going to win, Which is really shameful. If everyone sticks together and vote only for Kathern and Elliott, then Jerky Taylor Hicks(who dances and acts like he is getting off or has something up his butt) will get kicked off. I’m not much of a Kathern fan, but if we all vote for just Elliott and Kathern, then we can say Bye Bye to Taylor.

73. paul Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 7:09 am

“I have been longing for Chris to go. Having graduated with a degree in music from UCLA, I can tell you that vocally he does not compare with the Final Three. He doesn’t support his sound with enough air flow (remember when Andrea and his producer tried to fix it by having him lie on the floor?) and he pushes his voice so hard that it becomes scratchy. Way to go America in choosing the better vocalists this week.”

i completely agree. chris deserved to go. he was extremely boring and i was so sick of his rocker image – it was one dimensional like many have already said. so glad he’s gone. i just want either katherine or elliot to win. taylor has a good voice but i cannot see him winning unless he loses weight and dyes his hair and becomes more marketable.

74. JT Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 7:12 am

I’m surprised at how rude and nasty some people feel the need to be. Why all this Elliot bashing due to his looks? Did you trash Ruben and Mandisa because they were overweight? People have become so beauty-obsessed it’s sad. This is not America’s next top model! Elliot looks like a regular guy, and he is a wonderful singer.

75. carol Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 7:23 am

Here’s the deal,I think all of Chris’s fans need to start voting for Taylor or Elliot and get Katharine out of there. It’s totally absurd that she won over Chris and it is about her looks, nothing more.Everyone needs to get her out next week.

76. American Idol Fan Site | Idol-Mania.com |Who got voted off American Idol Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 7:36 am

IdolGate 2006: Chris Daughtry voted off 5-10-06, reactions around the net.

The Voting off of American Idol Chris Daughtry was a total shock, many are in denial and disbelief over the events that transpired on 5-10-06. Some are calling it IDOLGATE, because they couldnt get through to busy phone lines when voting for C…

77. Anonymous Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 8:36 am

Taylor needs to loose weight dye and style his hair properly and where better fitting clothes. Elliot and Taylor do not have star quality and I don’t see them being successful artists once American idol is over.

78. Anonymous Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 8:51 am

I was really hoping for a Chris and Kat finale, but I guess that won’t happen now. And even worse is that Kat is probably going next because everybody is trying to blame her. Kat and Chris are the only two that had the whole package. Kat had an off night, but still she is better overall than either of the other two guys left.

79. carol Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 9:53 am

Again someone is talking about looks and how taylor should change this and that. Apparently he is looking or doing something right because he has never been in the bottom two or three. He may not look or sound good to you but you are in a small percentage of people who do not like him.Because believe me there are so many more people out there who love him than don’t. So that may make some material people who thinks that looks count more than anything really upset, but oh well. GO TAYLOR AND ELLIOT! GO SOUL PATROL!!!

80. amdol Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 9:53 am

Its tragic to see Chris go- he’s one of the best singers in the competition. I think his lukewarm performance may have cost him the title. Im a big Chris fan, and so are my co-workers. It is a big watercooler talk this morning. It seems that everybody will now be voting for ELLIOT now- the one and only true performer.

My vote goes to ELLIOT too.

81. carol Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 9:53 am

82. lynne Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 10:39 am

I again say that I am sorry to see Chris go, he has great talent & a very soothing(though monotone voice), Elliot can sing, but to what extent will his voice take him? Elliot is a real hero story, with being partially deaf & a diabetic, win or lose he is a winner. Kat can sing, but not good enough to be an “Idol”, yeah she is pretty, but that alone does not sell records. Taylor has the most versatile voice in my opinion. He is an entertainer & a great singer. Who care if he has gray hair? Won’t we all have gray hair one day? My vote goes to Taylor, with Elliot coming in second. And if I am wrong… look what happened to Caly & Reuben, Reuben won it but Clay has been the most successful so far!!!!

83. lynne Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 10:40 am

84. Indie Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 12:43 pm

THE MCPHEEVER IS MAKING ME TERRIBLY ILL!

If Katharine wins she’s gonna be the next whore on the block. I can see it now. The show is portraying her as the innocent, sweet young lady. But in a couple of years, if she wins, she’ll be another slut. People vote for her because of those seductive stares and massive breasts.
    She’s a show-off; putting all those stupid runs in the songs and tackling big songs she can’t even sing. I believe that Katherine doesn’t know what she’s singing about sometimes because even when the song is terribly sad, she’s smiling like a pedophile. Kinda creepy.

Taylor is a Pothead. and that’s why he dances like that.

Chris was the expected winner because he looked like a typical winner – decent singer, decent looks. But he is not original at all. He just comes off as the original performer because out of the three, he’s the only one who is trying to really be someone else. However, I was still sad that he was booted off. It all because of those stupid sunglasses he wore.

And Elliot is the best. He may not be the best looking guy, but if i’m going to “emulate” a person, hence the word idol, it would be him. He is a survivor, and him being imperfect makes him unboring. He’s real.

85. ann Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:05 pm

katharine doesn’t suck…

BUT

she made way too many mistakes and she’s not that great.

besides, my friend says that she’s a bitch and she’s very conceited as well. she’s full of herself. it will suck if she’s the next american idol because she may be pretty on the outside, but she’s dead rotten inside.

86. Katie Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:10 pm

Ok, Courttv.com cited Star magazine as the resource for their information on Taylor’s drug posession. Not so credible. Either way, posession of marijuana and paraphanelia….in college. There are worse things that he could have done. Katherine “lost a button” and tried to show everyone her goodies. Not to mention that her dress was so low cut she could have flashed them all at any time, button or not. Of course I’m not advocating drugs, but don’t deny his talent because he messed up once in college.

87. cj Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 1:36 pm

do we all really think that Elliott is going to take it all the way? I really do not think he will… i think it will be Taylor. Kat is just to unsure about her own abilities though she really is completely full of herself…she does not have what it takes to be an idol. America is smart enough to see that. If Elliott does win… then good for him… he deserves it! I still am rooting for Taylor!!!!!

88. Denise Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 2:09 pm

Yes, it’s not entirely about the voice, but it’s definitely about the looks either.

It’s also the story.

Chris: The dad, but he’s gone

Taylor: The soul. Purely about music

Elliot: Well, we all the Elliot story

So Chris, Taylor or Elliot, any of the three, are deserving because they’ve been through crap.

But Katharine? Pfft, she just decided to try out because she “got the looks and the voice”. But once the tornado hits her, she probably wouldn’t know what to do because everything is going good for her.

89. Harry Scrotumo Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 3:17 pm

McFecal sings like poop.

Get it? Fecal? Poop?

90. Shemp Ballstein Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 3:18 pm

Taylor sings like a HICK.

Get it? Hick? Hillbilly?

91. Saggy Nutsacka Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 3:21 pm

Yeah, mon. Yeah, mean. YAMIN!!

Da WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92. Carolle Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 3:31 pm

Please do not post any other comments by Donna Lane. I thought you were a site I could belive in and would not allow these kind of comments to be posted.
    Carolle…..

93. cj Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 3:43 pm

thank you Carolle for FINALLY speaking up about Donna Lane…this is supposed to be a site for people to speak their minds in an adult manner… apparently Donna cannot do that! I was outraged at her vicious words & attacks… she should continue to seek professional help, her words speak in volume about her emotional state! Thanks again for speaking up. Go Taylor!!!!!!!!!

94. timeforchange Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 5:59 pm

Chris deserved to go, his performance was not knock-out. At that point ANYONE COULD HAVE LEFT and it just happened to be Chris. No one should blame it on the show because it is the voters who determine it all. However, I wish Chris the best of luck, and I hope Katharine goes next.
    TAYLOR FOR THE NEXT AI. HE IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT WITH THE WHOLE PACKAGE.

95. Stace Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 6:03 pm

GO TAYLOR!!

96. Anonymous Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 6:08 pm

Between Taylor and Elliot, I believe Elliot is the better vocalist. But Taylor is seen as the more exciting “performer”, with his stage presence. Yes, I believe Taylor is that kind of performer. But when it comes down to buying one of their CD’s, all you hear is the vocal presentation. Taylor is a good vocalist, but I sincerely believe he is not in Elliot’s class. We’ll see how America votes.

97. Ted Newgent Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 8:09 pm

Katie Katie Katie! by: Katie | May 11, 2006 at 02:10 PM

What is wrong with a little cookie on National TV.

It got me interested.

I would rather know more about Kat that way. Than have some “first base” dope-alcoholic as another media idol. If you haven’t noticed we have plenty of those people. Hicks doesn’t need to be on the list at all.

Here is a tip for you my dear think Brazilian.

98. rooster Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 9:18 pm

Elliot have more fans all over the world compared to taylor and Kathy.Why? Asia,canada,Europe are not particular with the looks when they buy a cd…they listen and enjoy the music and not buy a cd then imagining the singer.

99. rooster Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 9:20 pm

Taylor advertice his selfish ,self centered attitude when he shouted and act like he win the lottery on the result show..not considering what chris(roomate of taylor) and kat on what they might feel..taylor advertice his true colors to 30 million americans…he is a selfish fat boring old kid with a kareoke performance..pls dont let him imitate THE KING again..

100. rooster Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 9:22 pm

I like a compasionate person to win american idol..and not taylor who shouted and act like a winner already on the result show…he is an arrogant fat boring singer…i hope he go home first and kat elliot finals.

101. Katie Says:
    May 11th, 2006 at 11:04 pm

I suppose there is nothing wrong with a little cookie on national tv. But what I was getting at was that Kat’s “indecency” does not effect her fans opinion of her, so Taylor’s not so clean slate should not bother anyone either. If American Idol is supposed to be a good, wholesome show, it needs to set the rules the whole way across the board. Taylor has stayed out of trouble for 8 or 9 years. Taylor shouldn’t loose votes for a posession charge that he got close to ten years ago.

102. Jill Says:
    May 12th, 2006 at 12:50 am

Go Elliott! What a great singer and a good soul! Can’t wait to see him win!

103. T Says:
    May 12th, 2006 at 7:18 am

Oh my God…I just went to idolonfox.com and played the video clips of Chris Daughtery singing Suspiscious Minds and Renegade and guess what…when Chris was singing Suspicious Minds, the phone numbers were 866-436-5702 and 866-436-5706, but when he sang Renegade the numbers were 866-436-5703 and 866-436-5708..two different numbers people and the 02 wasn’t for Chris & 06 I think was for Kathern McPhee, I think..no wonder she stayed. This is a conspiracy…That is why when people said they called for Chris, they got Kat’s voice…this needs to be corrected by Americal Idol and have a re-vote!! Did anyone else notice? Plus I write the numbers down on paper when they are singing and one set of those numbers is wrong. This has to be noticed by other people besides me..

104. Calvin Covais Says:
    May 12th, 2006 at 8:33 am

Hey, T … you are an ignorant DUMB ASS! SUSPICIOUS MINDS and RENEGADE were performed on TWO DIFFERENT SHOWS! The phone numbers CHANGE from week to week, depending on the order of performance.

Fact is, the evil-looking rocker wannabe SCARED people. Made them think of the devil. Mister S himself. Frightened the bejeezus out of pre-pubescent kids and menopausal women alike.

The Final 3? Taylor dances like his BVDs are full of crabs. No singing talent either. And those fat rolls protruding from his too-tight polyester shirt. Ewwwww!!

Kat is a poster girl for Trailer Trash Weekly magazine. Like the Hick boy, she has absolutely no singing ability. Fat too.

That leaves Elliot. The total package. The next AMERICAN IDOL!

105. Sunny McVale Says:
    May 12th, 2006 at 10:13 pm

Elliott Yamin is what American Idol is supposed to be all about. He deserves to win because he is the best singer in the competition.

As for Chris Daughtry getting booted off, the only thing that shocks me is the fact he made it to #4. He should have gotten the boot weeks ago. He should be grateful he got all the exposure he did, and not complain because he didn’t win the whole shebang.

106. macoy from Philippines Says:
    May 13th, 2006 at 3:17 am

i cant wait to see elliot on the finals. I believe he deserves to be the next ai. win or lose, hes gonna sell millions of records. he is the next stevie wonder.Yaminion from Philippines!

107. macoy Says:
    May 13th, 2006 at 3:21 am

PHILIPPINES LOVES ELLIOT!

108. KRS Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 10:02 am

Taylor is the best wedding singer in America. Puts on an entertaining show. Who cares about his drug charge from god knows when.

Katherine has the looks(if it matters to you) and the voice when she chooses to use them. She peaked and is now on the decline, has it all gone to her head?

109. KRS Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 10:03 am

Elliot has the best voice of the 3 and continues to get better as time goes on. Also seems the most genuine down to earth of the 3.

Comments