Survivor Winner Is Aras Baskauskas, Advised To Pay His Taxes

May 14, 2006 09:19 PM by Joe Blackmon

Aras_winsIn the CBS promos, Jeff Probst promised a close finish, and Probst turned out to be telling the truth.  However, not much else suggested in CBS promos turned out to be accurate.  Even though Cirie appeared to be well on her way to winning the tiebreaker in the CBS promos, Danielle actually won the tiebreaker and advanced to the final three.

In the reward challenge, Danielle wasn’t even a factor as Terry and Aras raced to scale a three story climbing wall.  In a nail-biting finish, Terry came from behind to beat Aras.  Terry won a power meal and a cot, pillow, and blanket meant to help make him stronger for the immunity challenge.

In the immunity challenge, Aras, Danielle, and Terry had to balance on a series of floating platforms.  Aras and Terry both struggled during the challenge because their weight sank their platforms and made it more difficult for them to balance.  Danielle, who had the advantage of being lighter, won the final immunity challenge.

Because of her surprise immunity challenge win, Danielle found herself in a difficult situation.  On the one hand, she had given her word to Terry, and on the other hand she nodded to Aras, who jumped off the platform to give her the win.  At tribal council, Danielle opted to take Aras to the final two with her.  However, what should have been a time to relax and wait until the final vote proved to be treacherous for Aras.  Aras slipped and fell on the rocks with a bottle of wine, and the glass cut him so badly that he needed stitches on one of his hands and his back.

At the final tribal council, the questions started off very nice with Sally and Bruce, but got a little more vicious with Terry, who chastised Danielle for deceiving him.  Things got even more brutal with Courtney, who accused both Aras and Danielle of stabbing her in the back.  However, Shane offered up the cruelest speech and called both contestants undeserving.  Shane said he wished Terry had made it to the end.  Shane told Aras, “You are broke, you are homeless, and you freeload off your dad so you don’t know how it’s like to be judged.”  In order to make his decision, Shane asked both Danielle and Aras to pick a number between one and a million.

Back in New York, Jeff Probst announce two votes for Danielle and four votes for Aras (the final vote was irrelevant but one could assume it was for Aras as well).  Aras was declared the winner of Survivor Panama Exile Island.  Probst offered Aras one piece of advice, “Pay your taxes.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Survivor news.  For other great Survivor Guatemala news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Survivor Panama Exile Island.

Topics: Survivor |

11 Responses to “Survivor Winner Is Aras Baskauskas, Advised To Pay His Taxes”

1. Truth will win Says:
    May 14th, 2006 at 10:17 pm

That Danielle is a dirty low down liar. I would not hire her to clean out my septic tank. Although I sure she is well qualified swimming in this media.

There was no way she could win with either Aras or Terry were going to win. Pssst Danielle your fifteen minutes are up. Dumb liar.

2. FLYFISHER Says:
    May 14th, 2006 at 11:00 pm

Its only TV don’t take it personal people will always deceive eachother.

3. Mantasia sucks Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 1:22 am

What show are you watching? Everybody lies in this game.

4. lisa Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 1:49 am

Ha Ha Ha, I’m so glad Danielle didn’t win the million dollars! I knew as soon as she won the final immunity challenge she wasn’t going to win the million dollars. If she picked Terry she would have broken her word to Aras, if she picked Aras she would have broken her word to Terry. Yes, this game is about lying but you have to know if the person you lie to will hold it against you. And most likely they always do.

5. Luke Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 3:00 am

Glad to see Danielle and Aras make it to the final 2. Since they were on the chopping block early in the game and both do not deserve to be there. Danielle has her looks and will get somewhere in life, (who knows where or with whom) and Aras will probably moveout of his dads house, I hope. Personally, I think it would have had a better game to see Teri and Shane in the final. Now that was a classic match up.

6. Nathan Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 4:37 pm

There were a lot of rumors of a supposed “leak” that Danielle was the winner. Unfortunately, I have to admit I fell for them. Actually the rumors started months ago, so I thought it was definitely going to be her.

But after hearing her extremely poor speech at tribal council, I began to have my doubts.

Her answers and basically everything she said were pitiful. She said earlier in the episode “I’m going to work some of my sales magic”.

Was that the magic? Well, in any case, I’m glad she wasn’t the one that got the votes.

In addition, has anyone else noticed that during every finale, the players make a big deal about “liars” and “back stabbers”? Have these people never watched the show? I keep waiting for the season when people say “hey guys, you’ve seen the shows, surely you know that to expect during the finale.”

In order to win, you pretty much have to deceive somebody. There just isn’t any other way around it. When will they learn? This show is not about making friends. It’s about making money.

7. Terry Says:
    May 15th, 2006 at 10:11 pm

This my question “What sales magic?”

The only thing I can imagine this woman selling is boob job implants, chin implants, tattoo equipment and body piercing hardware.

By the way, Danielle DiLorenzo’s boobs look totally FAKE on TV that means in person she will look like she came off the assembly line at Mattel. Gross!

8. Dylan Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 7:57 am

You were my favorite person and you won!My mom wanted Terry to win but when Danielle picked Terry I was glad.Inever really liked Terry at all.

9. Rachel Says:
    May 16th, 2006 at 12:56 pm

Although I would have liked to have seen Terry win, Aras was my second choice. Hopefully he’ll do something meaningful with the money, not just blow it on stupid stuff.

10. Bill Says:
    May 18th, 2006 at 7:35 pm

In the game of Survivor, yes, it is necessary to deceive and lie on occasion to get to the end. However, once you get to the end there is no need to lie to the person who got you there and who you teamed up with. Danielle personifies the term “loser.” She was so jealous of Terry she couldn’t bear to honor her word. Anyone who trusts that creep is in for disappointment. It is obvious for Danielle it has always been and always will be “about me.” Yuck!

11. Jenaid Brendon Says:
    January 17th, 2007 at 5:28 am

Aras deserves to win……. he was on exile island more than any other contestants he has good heart and a lot of courage. Well done boy!!!

Comments