American Inventor Winner Is Janusz Liberkowski

May 18, 2006 09:41 PM by Joe Blackmon

Janusz_winsHow do you take an hour to reveal the results of the winner of American Inventor?  You do it American Idol style.  First, you show the hometown celebrations of the four remaining finalists:  Erik Thompson, Francisco Patino, Ed Hall, and Janusz Liberkowski.

Then, you have host Matt Gallant prance the contestants around the stage and draw out the eliminations as long as possible in true Seacrest fashion.  Gallant tells Erik Thompson and Janusz Liberkowski to go to one side and Ed Hall and Fransico Patino to go to the other side.  Gallant then tells Erik and Janusz that they are safe, before breaking for commercial before the elimination.  The first finalist eliminated is Francisco Patino.

Then in true American Idol fashion, you get feedback from the judges on the eliminated contestant, complete with Mary Lou Quinlan playing the tearful role of Paula Abdul.  But there is good news for Francisco as he gets a product development internship offer and a personal message from Lance Armstrong.

Next, you put all three finalists on stage to await the next elimination.  Gallant announces that Erik Thompson is the next to go.  But there is also good news for Erik, Jerry Rice joins him on stage and tells him that he is going to do everything he can to help Erik develop his product.

Then before the final winner is announced, you do a recap of previous wild and wacky moments from the competition.  Then more recaps of how the finalists got to this point, followed by another commercial break.  Finally, the winner is announced as Janusz Liberkowski, the inventor of the Spherical Safety Seat.  And just to end on a good note, Ed Hall also gets a deal from Hasbro Games.  But wait, there is even more good news, as the CEO of Evenflo shows up to say they will help with the testing of Janusz’s product.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Inventor news.  For other great American Inventor news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Inventor.

Topics: American Inventor |

17 Responses to “American Inventor Winner Is Janusz Liberkowski”

1. Thee Not Me Ghost Says:
    May 19th, 2006 at 12:21 am

ty4 posting promptly!

2. I love Reality TV 4me Says:
    May 19th, 2006 at 5:55 pm

Nice try Simon but NO CIGAR.

Next time try less weepy whiney sob story losers.

#2 You must get rid of that worthless woman Mary Lou my GOD man she would cry if you said I an englishman.

Finally and above all – the single most important thing – you need to get rid of that know-it-all looser in the Hawaiian shirt.

3. Geewindu Says:
    May 19th, 2006 at 10:22 pm

I like American Inventor. I think it is a great show but it can do better. First of all ABC could’ve made the microphone connection to the hometowns alot better.
    Second they NEED to get a new host, this guy isn’t very good. Someone more like Seacrest, Phil(Amazing Race), or Anderson Cooper but not this guy.
    Last I think you showed too much of the contestants that didn’t make it.
    Otherwise this is a great show!

4. summersize Says:
    May 20th, 2006 at 5:50 pm

I love the show. It’s so addicting

5. razzle Says:
    May 20th, 2006 at 5:52 pm

I hated the repetition of the contestants that didn’t make it. They were’nt that entertaining compared to American Idol auditions but the show is good overall. A little improvement is needed. Why did Matt pretend that the hometown friends did not have any words to say? It’s obvious that they couldn’t hear him.

6. fruity Says:
    May 20th, 2006 at 6:03 pm

I’m glad Yanusz won!

7. LAdy Says:
    May 22nd, 2006 at 11:03 am

im glad he won all the inventions were good. But we are trying to save lives our new genterations so im very proud of him and his family.

8. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2006 at 8:22 pm

i would like one of them for my child

9. ryan t Says:
    May 22nd, 2006 at 8:23 pm

i would like one of those for my children

10. john spiegel Says:
    May 23rd, 2006 at 11:22 pm

Great show!

I will see you next time Simon.
    The next American Inventor of the
    Bike Katty

John Spiegel

11. Tanya Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 1:26 pm

I loved the show and am so happy Janusz Liberkowski won.

12. mark skid Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 3:49 pm

American inventor inspired me to start my own competition to see who can play guitar in my band. All they have to do is keep the beat for 45 secs. while we swat them with barbed wire here in the audition torture chamber.

13. Luke Says:
    June 7th, 2006 at 3:27 pm

Man they mislead us! That Janusz guy I thought had invented a Car Seat because his baby girl, Anecia had been killed in a Car accident… WHAT THEY NEVER TOLD US WAS, ANECIA his daughter was 21 when she died in a Car Accident, NOT A BABY.
    I read later on another website some of the story about Janusz and his inspiration. When i read that his Daughter was 21 when she was killed It floored me. I don’t recall anywhere American Inventor saying Anecia was a full grown adult!!! That was very misleading. People felt outpouring of Guilt into voting for Janusz and his Anecia Infant Capsule because of his baby daughters death…

14. John Smith Says:
    June 20th, 2006 at 2:06 pm

American Inventor tried to sale stories instead of inventions to their audience. The stories told should be about the inventions, not if I made it to the NBA, college, out of the projects, etc.. Most inventors get the snub from companies like Milton Bradley, yet they stuck their nose in when public T.V. and free publicity and advertising is involved. Ed exhausted trying to market his invention and if he did call MB (hasbro) they indeed told him to take a hike without a glempse of his “word ace”.

15. Michelle Says:
    December 4th, 2006 at 9:54 am

Hi All:

For anyone who is interested in Season Two, AmericanInventorSpot.com has some exclusive news about it from Erik Thompson, one of the Final Four.

You can read it at

16. Marilina Gary Says:
    February 10th, 2007 at 9:56 pm

I´m just so happy Janusz Liberkowski made it. It is a great invention, so much so, as it´s inspired on the death of his child. It was so moving and generous to have created it after such a tragedy. I greatly admire this person and wish him and his family all the best.

17. Wendy Says:
    March 3rd, 2007 at 8:49 pm

I disagree with “mark skid”, even thou she is 21 ( witch i doubt it) it still makes a very good invention and it can savè babys lives .. so..IT DOSENT MATTER IF HE ” INVENTED” THAT HI CHILD WAS A BABY as long as it saves lives im OK!!
    PS: I AM eXTRMLY HAPPY FOR JANUSZ