Taylor Hicks Wins American Idol 5

May 24, 2006 09:08 PM by Joe Blackmon

Taylorhicks_wins_1The State of Alabama would not be denied again.  After watching Bo Bice lose out to Carrie Underwood in American Idol 4, Alabama came back with a vengeance.  Alabama first struck Idol gold with Ruben Studdard in American Idol 2, and with Taylor Hicks win of American Idol 5, Alabama can now lay claim to the statistic that 40% of all American Idol winners are from Alabama.

During the opening segments of the American Idol finale, Ryan Seacrest visited via video conferencing celebrations for the two American Idol finalists.  In Birmingham, Alabama, it appeared as if the entire state turned out, even the children, many of whom were clad in Taylor Hicks’ gray hair wigs.

Before Seacrest got around to announcing the winner, a bevy of stars appeared to perform with the American Idol top twelve finalists.  For his duet, Taylor Hicks peformed "In The Ghetto" with Toni Braxton.  Perhaps, the biggest surprise star appearance of the evening though was Prince, who appeared to give a performance shortly before the results were announced.

While Taylor Hicks was often the target of the sharp tongue of British judge Simon Cowell, he quickly became a fan favorite.  After his performances, Taylor Hicks would often cock his head and yell out “Soul Patrol” in tribute to his legion of fans, who helped keep him safe from elimination throughout the entire competition.  And as Ryan Seacrest spoke the words “The winner of American Idol season five is Taylor Hicks,” it was only fitting that the first official words out of Taylor’s lips were a shout out to his “Soul Patrol.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol or SirLinksALot: Taylor Hicks.

Topics: American Idol |

89 Responses to “Taylor Hicks Wins American Idol 5”

1. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:08 pm

woofrigginhoo….listen to him make a mess and sing outta tune to the song!! LMAO what a great American Idol you dopes picked!! Fools!

2. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:11 pm

Yahoo!!! America got this right!! Yahoo!!!

3. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:11 pm

NOT!

4. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:13 pm

Its Rueben all over again!!!

Did you hear Taylor even miss his KEY on their duet?!

*******
    and by the way – What the hell was with the hair Clay????????????
    Have you lost your mind????????

5. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:14 pm

Toni Braxton…was she high? Sounded more like babbling than singing…did she get any of the lyrics right?

6. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:14 pm

OH yeah Clay and Ruben all over again. She is going to far out sell him when it comes to a CD! I rather liked Clay’s hair. Much better than the red.

7. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:15 pm

Yippee. Now is the time when a s***load of angry, immature hate messages for Taylor (who, BTW, was my second favorite contestant of the whole season) are posted here.

Stupid.

8. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:16 pm

Clay looked like a perverted BEATLE …. and this is from someone who loves Clay…..

9. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:16 pm

I dont think Kat will sell more records than Taylor… or anyone else. You can only listen to her sing one song at a time. She sings all her songs (bar one) without any passion.
    Taylor deserves to win!! Yahoo!! I am very happy :)

10. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:16 pm

Well I am sure that you bashed Katherine as much as other’s have bashed Taylor….

11. johnny Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:18 pm

finally the American Idol Season 5 is ended and I personally congratulate Taylor for winning this season. Even though he was not my bet but I guess everybody played their best to be the best in them. Congrats, Taylor!
    Season 5 has a lot of surprises and twists that even I myself got sad when my bets (Chris, Elliot, and Mandissa) got voted off. I wish that the contestants would pursue their dreams even though they didn’t get the AI title. Well, it’s a singing competition and there should be one winner.

12. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:18 pm

I think the fact that Taylor outdid Katharine last night proved to be the deciding factor in his winning. But tonight, although Taylor had some good moments, I feel that Katharine did not sing a bad note all night. This was about the best I’ve seen/heard her. She was (I believe) pretty much perfect. I wish her the very, very best. But this is a total competition, and Taylor played his cards right, even in light of Simon’s many criticisms. But the public didn’t go for it. That little extra in his performances was enough to put Taylor ahead. And so it ends…may there be some great new beginnings for many of them.

13. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:23 pm

Ha, who you trying to kid that you love Clay with that absurd statement. Clay is hot and he rocks. Whether you love him or not don’t matter coz we do!

Taylor won – great! Should have been a Taylor-Chris finale but am glad, that its not Kat who won! Taylor rocks!

14. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:24 pm

Kat … perfect… did not sing a bad note all night… hello! You must have watched a different AI finale from the one I saw.

Taylor rocks!!

15. Donna Lame Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:26 pm

Taylor won!! Isn’t that fab!

16. dazed and confused Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:28 pm

It’s a sad day for American Idol. The show was incredible and the performances from the other contestants rocked…… until Taylor’s lousy voice joined them. I’ll be turning down the radio when this awful sound comes on!

17. American Idol Fan Site | Idol-Mania.com |Who got voted off American Idol Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:29 pm

Taylor Hicks is the American Idol Winner on 5-24-06

American Idol came to a close this evening with a spectacle of entertainment and craziness.   Taylor Hicks  was crowned the Next America Idol.
     Even crazy Dave Hoover from the audition days made a guest ap…

18. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:30 pm

Congrats to Taylor, the new AI!

katharine will always be my favourite AI rupper-up! can’t wait for her album to be out!!!

19. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:32 pm

Dazed and confused aka sore loser… say what you want. I say its a great day for American Idol. I am so happy that Taylor won :)

20. hammer87 Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:33 pm

Although I still cannot believe that he is under 30 years of age, congratulations to Taylor. He sang much better than Kat last night.

21. Carol Yong Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:43 pm

Taylor really deserves to win, he sang so well and consistent throughout the competition, he is truely a STAR……….

22. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:45 pm

All of you Kat fans are right, she was the best by far, that why she won —- Oh wait she didnt win jack. She lost didnt she, I almost forgot she bombed last night and lost the competition to Taylor!!
    SOUL PATROL BABY!!!

23. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:52 pm

SOUL PATROL

24. lily Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:54 pm

OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    GO TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHHH SOUL PATROL BABY!!!

25. Brenda Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:55 pm

Excellent finale show! I don’t care if Clay is gay or not. I don’t care if he wears red ruby shoes while Katherine sings Somewhere Over The Rainbow. I still love him! You all are jealous. Taylor performed excellently tonight! He looked very comfortable. Katherine looked beautiful this evening. She sang surprisingly well. I was elated to see Elliot’s mother receive an A.I. award! She deserved it. I was very impressed with the work Fox put into a extraordinary ending to season 5 A.I. You rude and obnoxious people need to crawl back in your holes!

26. Maxine Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 9:59 pm

First, to you Joe Reality, thanks for these great articles. You were always kind to Taylor Hicks when others were not.

Tonight’s show was absolutely entertaining and the enthusiasm from the crowd was overwhelming.

To me, I got my wish – Taylor Hicks was crowned the 2006 American Idol. A title he soooo deserved – YES, HE DID US PROUD.

GO SOUL PATROL
    WE WORKED VERY HARD FOR THIS

CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE OTHER IDOLS, they are all truly amazing.

27. Ken Hill Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:00 pm

The comments here are so off target. All of the contestants worked very hard under termendous pressure. But there are so many little petty people that don’t take chances in this world and have to try to tear down everyone.
    The show tonight was great- There is alot of emotion when they sing. I thought Carrie was a little off tune when she sang her final number last year- but, whow she is a great shinning star now. Kat should be sucessful because of her talent and the contacts that her family have in the business- money talks- Taylor will suceed on his talent alone.

28. Wayne Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:06 pm

All of the American Idol contestants were interviewed on Channel 5 News. All of them, ALL OF THEM, said America got it right. Boy Kat must have been a real Bitch? What did her in was her personality. I am soooo glad she lost. Now maybe her father could save those tears of joy for the true tears of a loser

29. Rich Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:07 pm

No surprise–Taylor won. But in six months people will be saying Taylor who? For years he played road houses–there is a eason for that.

30. justme Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:12 pm

Great show, but wrong winner! kat sang excellent tonight, and I believe taylor struggled a bit on a couple songs. The guests were good, especially Carrie. However, I do believe what Simon said last night at the end about Taylor being the next idol was WRONG! A judge should be unbiased, especially in such a pivotal contest. I believe he might have swayed voters in Taylor’s direction, and that is sad!

31. Klock Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:16 pm

RIGHT WINNER!!! CONGRATS!! TAYLOR HICKS!! SOUL PATROL!!! AMERICA YOU GOT THE RIGHT ONE!!

32. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:16 pm

“Kat should be sucessful because of her talent and the contacts that her family have in the business- money talks”

Well Ken Hill I think you are just as bad as the ones here that you said are off target!

33. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:16 pm

nah.. Simon didn’t sway my vote. Kat with her inconsistent performances, forgetting her lines who didn’t even deserve to be in teh final 2 and when she did perform at the final just managed one good song and 2 terrible ones made me vote for Taylor. Elliot was the one I was rooting for all along. I didn’t even want to cast a vote at the final.

34. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:18 pm

Look at the fan base on their hometowns. Taylor’s was hugeeeeee

35. Erik J. Heels Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:19 pm

American Idol Finale Recap

Taylor Hicks wins American Idol. Riots averted.

36. Shelly Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:26 pm

Why would anyone think that we would be swayed by what Simon thinks? And the judges are never unbiased…they always say who they think was the best of the night, who they though didn’t do good etc….People are smart enough to decide who they like and who they don’t. But of course, now that Kat lost, all her fans will blame everything and anyone other than the fact that for the most part, she came off as aloof and distant and rarely put any emotion into her song….she was like a Stepford Wife…all beauty but not much soul. It is so stupid to argue about who is the better singer. They are so entirely different, it’s like comparing Bob Dylan to Pavarotti. It all depends on what style you like. I was never impressed by Kat’s attempts to do Mariah (and failing many times). I much prefer Taylor and his honet, raw and genuine ability to move an audience.

37. Andie Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:30 pm

How come they didn’t tell us what the votes were? They did all other Idol finalies. But I am so happy Taylor won. Kat can sing but for so much of the show, she oversang…became screechy and loud to the point where I would turn down my tv. And whereas Kelly Clarkson, who she’s often compared to, came across full of charm and personality, I cannot remember one interesting thing Kat ever said. There seemed to be a disconnect between her and the audience.

38. Sam Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:32 pm

The right one won. Kat had the voice and the looks but was missing the IT factor big time. She was boring a lot on stage, almost seemed listless and those come-hither glances were more laughable than anything else. Taylor’s genuine love for music and singing always came across, he just pulls you into a song whereas Katharine actually took me out of a song. And what is up with Chris? Not enough he copied Live’s version of Walk the LIne, he also has to copy the lead singer’s look? What a joke.

39. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:37 pm

I hope Taylor does do as good as Ruben because Ruben has been more highly successful than most people realize. Just because Ruben isn’t on Mtv doesn’t mean he hasn’t been successful! Go do your homework. from now on everytime they play Taylor’s music on the radio I’m going to TURN IT UP!!!

40. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:38 pm

The number of votes each received where not shared because Taylor won by an overwhelming amount. It would of been a slap in the face had they revealed.

41. lynne Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:45 pm

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY to FINALLY have areal American Idol…the last real one was Kelly Clarkson, the next one should have been Clay Aiken & now Taylor Hicks!!!!! America, you have made me proud & yes Taylor YOU do make us proud… proud that you are our new American Idol!! Cannot wait to buy the new CD & crank it up on the radio!!!

42. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 10:47 pm

Taylor’s attitude has been good throughout the competition. Simon often gave him a hard way to go, but Taylor stayed cool. And the fans decided on their own, despite how Simon says that 78% of the public votes in agreement with him (and to him, that’s low). I think it’s only fair to give Katharine credit. Despite some weaker moments (which Taylor had, as well), Kat also had some great moments. When she sings the right kind of song, she has a beautiful voice. Elliot also did a great job throughout the competition. Did anyone feel that Lisa Tucker’s vocal on “Alfie” was great? I was greatly impressed.

43. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 11:01 pm

Lisa Tucker for me, had the best voice, But her song choices were totally bogus. Taylor was my favorite though. Can’t wait for his single to come out!

44. MIkey Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 11:07 pm

Ok, here is my unbiased take on all of this as I don’t have a dog in the fight…when Taylor and Kat sang the duet, you can really tell who can sing and who can’t. The end. BTW, where were Rubin and illiterate Fantasia? Too good for the show? I know Kelly is too big for Idol, but the other two?

45. canadian Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 11:10 pm

Congrats to Taylor but I agree that it will be another Rueben and Clay thing cus look the show has barely finished and Kat got asked to sing at Tom Cruise and Katie wedding

46. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 11:11 pm

Taylor is crowned AI. Yahoo!!!

47. Katie Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 11:14 pm

Taylor outdid Kat in every way. He’s really genuine. And as far as him missing a few keys tonight, he was probably more nervous than he had been all season. He still didn’t add up as many missed notes, forgotten lines, or lost buttons as Kat has all season.

Know what I thought was funny? Kat’s dad didn’t cry once tonight. In spite of the fact that he cried for the cameras after EVERY song she sang all season. I guess there was no need for that show to go on since he wouldn’t be winning her any votes tonight.

48. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 11:47 pm

SOOOOOOOOUUUUUULLLLLLL
    PATROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TAYLOR! DO YOU MAKE US PROUD? HELL YEAH!

49. rhonda Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 11:53 pm

Yes, I agree that Lisa sounded fantastic tonite. Top female voice and she wasn’t in the finals. Elliott is the top male singer in this year’s competition. Congrats to Taylor, though. I just hope Elliott and Lisa get a big break and we get to hear more from them.

50. WHAT THE F? Says:
    May 24th, 2006 at 11:56 pm

WHAT ABOUT GIDEON? I THINK HE SHOULD HAVE WON AI. LOL.

51. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:02 am

he sang horribly its clear she will have a longer and mor epromising career!! also u guys heard the best finalist of ai5 Mandisa already got a record deal!

52. Anita Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:08 am

What about Kellie? She sounded GREAT tonite, too!! In fact, Kellie, Elliott, and Chris should have been the top three with Elliott and Chris in the finals last night.

53. Dish Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:16 am

Congratulations, Taylor. Also, good job, Katharine. But, has anyone heard if Elliot has been offered a recording contract yet? I hope so! I could listen to his voice forever!!!!!!

54. Kath Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:23 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After the mess-up last year, AI finally got it right! SOUL PATROL!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor was head and shoulders above Katharine. He is a unique talent and will go far. I can’t WAIT to see him in concert this summer!!!

And CLAY AIKEN was so awesome! He looked great and the bit with Michael Sandecki was brilliant. What a classic moment. I will NOT tape over this finale!!!

55. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:28 am

I felt bad when Gedeon was voted off. I really enjoyed his singing, and thought he would go farther.

56. Katforpres06 Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:30 am

Is that Jay Leno?

57. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:38 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hooooooooooooooooooooo!

Soul Patrol!!!

Finally, they got it right!!!

Congrats Taylor, see and hear from you on the radio and in the spotlight REAL soon!!!

I’LL be there!!!

58. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 1:27 am

Nah. She has the better vocals as she has been formally trained. He puts all his energy and passion into every performance. No training can beat that. As Kat has just proven.

59. Lhai Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 2:33 am

oh, im gonna missed the show…i always love to see the finalists perform and now they’re gone…it always breaks my heart but i know they should move on, they cant be contestant forever…lol
    im gonna miss you guys…goodluck and congratulations to all of you especially to the new American idol Taylor! so derserving!!!

60. Tandalaya Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 2:40 am

Listen and Love. They both pre-recorded their full-length singles, and this is Taylor’s.

61. Joan Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 7:35 am

The awards were a little too hoaky for me but were, at least, light-hearted. Toni Braxton needs mental evaluation.

However: YAY. YAY. TAYLOR! America got it right!

62. vie reyes Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 8:47 am

FROM THE PHILIPPINES..
    CONGRATS TO TAYLOR,THIS GOES TO PROVE THAT SOUL ROCKS!
    AND KATHY IS ALSO GREAT TONIGHT…I WISH HER MORE SUCCESS.AND ELLIOT YOU WILL FOREVER BE MY BEST IDOL

63. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 8:49 am

Mikey, I agree with you about the closing song Taylor and Katherine sang togother. Clearly could hear was the better singer. America got it right this time! What was with Katherine and all the twirling? I loved her gown though…

64. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 8:55 am

I think Kat was like the rest of us “come on lets get to the point here!”

65. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 11:13 am

It was great to see all the contestants perform together.
    I’m glad Taylor won. He seems like such a nice guy. He has fun performing, and he doesn’t seem to let anything get him down. I still think Chris should have made it to the finals.

66. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 12:19 pm

WAY TO GO, TAYLOR! GO, SOUL PATROL!!!!

67. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 1:01 pm

The final song showed the Kat is WAY better than Taylor but whatever. He won and because I like AI I will try to force myself to listen to his music….after I buy Kat’s album.

68. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 1:07 pm

Nigel is that you?

69. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 1:10 pm

Prince – great performer

Taylor – uncoordinated blob with no rhythm – all he does is bend over in a standing fetal postion and stomp his feet.

70. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 3:06 pm

Please… Taylor was clearly better during the last song… Where you really listening? There were a few times during the last song Katherine did not finish her lines with Taylor.

71. brandi Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 3:09 pm

kat should of won, but it doesnt really matter cause she will still be famous and sell millions of albums and she will be great at whatever she does shes beautiful and has an amazing voice! i love you kat you are my american idol!

72. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 3:09 pm

I wonder of Simon liked Prince’s outfit? haha

73. Erik J. Heels Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 3:37 pm

I’ve enjoyed reading your blog this season. Thought you might like to see today’s newspaper covers from around the country:

-ErikJHeels.com

74. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 6:30 pm

prince rocks now that is an idol, what was his first tune? that was cool

75. Linda Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 6:59 pm

SOUL PATROL HITS THE JACKPOT!!!!!!
    Told y’all that Taylor gonna win this year. Let the boys take over this time. It has been too many female winners for two years in a row. SOUL PATROL!!!!!

76. Carol Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 7:02 pm

As usual, Taylor took over and drowned out Kat and the other singers when he did the duet and the group song. The group sounded great ~ smooth and cool~ then out comes toneless and ruined it. Then, he overpowered Kat. It’s no wonder you think she didn’t finish ~ the bafoon took over. He’s such a jerk!! He also couldn’t control himself when named the winner and almost knocked Kat over with his hand punch. I can’t wait until this a** fizzles and goes away to the nightclubs he belongs in.
    Good luck to the other 9 finalists. You are all a true American Idol and will go far.

77. molly Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 7:04 pm

This morning when I was driving to work I heard Taylor’s single “Proud of Me” playing on the radio. Now, I am not a fan of Taylor’s at all but I have to admit his voice sounded really good on the radio. Then I remembered that most artists sound better when they record a song in the studio, and don’t sound as good when they sing live. So If Taylor can sound good on the radio, I can only imagine what Elliott would sound like on the radio because he has the most amazing voice. I hope Elliott comes out with an album soon because I will be the first one in line to buy it.

78. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 8:30 pm

How powerful are her vocals, Carol if Taylor could drown out Kat? Thank you for telling us that you think her vocals aren’t good enough because we agree. The right person won AI. Kat shouldn’t even have been in the final! She should have been eliminated instead of Chris, instead of Elliot.

79. Shatia Hinton Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 8:33 pm

I’m so proud that Taylor Hicks won American Idol last night.I just wanted to tell him to keep up the good work and that when his fist single comes out that I will be the first to go get it.So may God Bless you in finishing out your biggest dream ever. Your #1 Fan from Tuscaloosa,AL

80. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 9:02 pm

Simon is hardly the fashion police. Who cares what he thinks about what people wear or don’t wear.

81. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 9:17 pm

Simon may not be the fashion police but what was up with Taylor’s purple jacket?? Butt ugly

82. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 9:57 pm

I think Taylor is really a class guy. Simon was often very critical after Taylor’s performances. And after some rough comments by Simon, Taylor would just smile or laugh. He never became defensive. It’s pretty understandable that the contestants would become defensive, though. They might have figured that the voting audience might take the cue from Simon and vote against them. But Taylor was always cool. I thought Elliot had the better voice; but Taylor had the total package that got the fans to vote for him. Congratulations, Taylor!

83. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2006 at 11:01 pm

Yes, Taylor is really cool. He showed it when – after he won – he held Kat’s handss up so that people could cheer for her. He’s a real gentleman and stand-up guy.

84. Jennifer Says:
    May 26th, 2006 at 7:26 am

SOUL PATROL!!!!!!! TAYLOR ROCKS AND I CAN’T WAIT TO BUY HIS CD!!!!!

85. Douglas Says:
    May 26th, 2006 at 9:19 pm

“Do I Make You Proud?” is a rip-off of Aerosmith’s “I don’t want to miss a thing.” It’s the same chorus melody and the writers of “I don’t want to miss a thing” should SUE! This is the 2nd time AI has ripped off a tune- Bo Bice’s “The Real Thing” is a rip-off of Bread’s “The Guitar Man.”

Sing both choruses of “I don’t want to miss a Thing” and “”Do I make you Proud?” and you’ll notice it is almost the exact same tune..

86. Kayleah Says:
    May 27th, 2006 at 9:12 pm

i love taylor hicks he is so hott

87. Tim Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:10 pm

The AI5 finalists medley with Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick was awesome! Should rank as the best of the group sings of all AI seasons. The finalists sang with a lot of class, grace, and dignity. Straight out of the variety shows of the 60s, they delivered big-time!

88. Annie Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 8:02 pm

I was a fan of Taylor from day one. He won, we voted and he won. I will miss seeing him every week on my tv. I loved the whole show, seeing Clay was great, wasn’t his hair awesome. I would have like to have seem all the idols from the past years on. But Taylor if you are out there, we love you in Iowa. Annie

89. Anonymous Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 11:07 pm

I’m sorry but people fell in love with Taylor’s personality. He is not going to do well at all. The AI machine wants your money they couldn’t care less about Taylor or the other Idols. Taylor will wake up to reality sooner than later and it won’t be pretty.

Comments