American Idol 5 Most Memorable Moments

May 28, 2006 11:02 PM by Joe Blackmon

Aimoments

With American Idol 5 officially over, it’s time to take a look back and reflect on the season.  There were surprise eliminations, phone line conspiracies, and show-stopping performances.  All in all, American Idol 5 proved to be just as much of a controversial thrill ride as American Idol 4.  From Katharine McPhee’s button popping performance to Paul Abdul’s bizarre behavior to a Clay Aiken look-a-like nearly going into shock on the stage, here are Reality TV Magazine’s picks for the most memorable moments from American Idol 5.

Even though Paula Abdul didn’t have any former contestants make accusations of a romantic relationship this year, she still proved to be as controversial as ever.  During the audition rounds, she surprised viewers by showing a little bit of a mean side.  Her must baffling moment this year though came during one of the elimination shows.  As Kinnik Sky and Heather Cox nervously waited to find out their fate, Paula Abdul started laughing and told Seacrest that Simon told her that the reason the two of them were on the stage was “because one of them ate pizza and the other one ate salad.”  Later in the same show when Kevin Covais and Sway Penala were on stage facing elimination, Abdul told Seacrest, “Simon gave me advice and he said that on the X-factor he always refers to a fortune cookie and says the moth who finds the melon..finds the cornflake, always finds the melon, and one of you didn’t get the right fortune cookie.”

Thanks to some wild outfits by Taylor Hicks, fashion became a heated topic of conversation on American Idol.  Simon Cowell couldn’t stand Taylor Hicks’ outfits, but the Soul Patrol loved them.  However, even though Taylor Hicks’ purple jacket certainly deserves honorable mention, it was Katharine McPhee that provided the most memorable fashion moment of American Idol 5.  When Katharine McPhee took the stage in a tight yellow dress, millions of male viewers’ eyes were glued to the screen.  When a button popped revealing McPhee’s underwear, it became the most talked about wardrobe malfunction since Janet Jackson’s Super Bowl half-time show.

The most memorable breakout performance goes to Elliott Yamin.  After Paris Bennett was eliminated, most in the media thought that Elliott Yamin was certain to be next.  During the early stages of the competition, American Idol producers treated Elliott like the invisible man.  Even as Elliott quietly made his way into the top four, little was known about his background.  That was until Elliott Yamin delivered not one but two show-stopping performances during the Elvis performance show.  Elliott went from certain elimination to safety in the top two with Taylor Hicks.  As Elliott made his way into the top three, millions of viewers got to watch as he returned to his hometown of Richmond, Virginia to be greeted by thousands of cheering fans.  Elliott Yamin went from the finalist that nobody knew to the media darling that everybody loved in the course of a week.  Seeing a guy like Elliott Yamin be so successful on American Idol reminded viewers why American Idol is the greatest show on television.

As is becoming standard with every season of American Idol, there were a couple surprise eliminations during American Idol 5.  Most viewers didn’t expect Bucky Covington to go after he had his best performance of the competition with “Fat Bottomed Girls,” and there were quite a few gasps let out when Mandisa Hundley was sent home.  However, the most surprising elimination moment of course has to go to Chris Daughtry.  While there were numerous conspiracy theories about phone lines being redirected to other contestants, the most common explanation seemed to be that Daughtry’s fans thought he was safe and didn’t vote as repetitively as McPhee’s fans, who knew she was at risk.  Whatever the reason, Chris Daughtry joined the Constantine Maroulis club of rockers who were eliminated before their time.

As expected, American Idol 5 had its share of memorable show-stopping performances.  We couldn’t pick just one in this category because the finalists offered up so much diversity that there were several performances that stood out that were difficult to compare because they represented different styles of music.  During the audition round, Paris Bennett became the early favorite when she performed “Take Five.”  However, she was soon displaced by Chris Daughtry who wowed viewers with his take on “Hemorrhage” during the Semi-Finalist round.  And of course each of the three finalists had their show-stopping moments as well.  Elliott Yamin with “Trouble,” Katharine McPhee with “Somewhere Over The Rainbow,” and American Idol winner Taylor Hicks with “Living For The City.”

The American Idol 5 finale also offered up several moments of its own.  Even though David Hasselhoff’s tears and Prince’s surprise appearance would certainly qualify as memorable moments, it was a former American Idol runner-up who stole the show.  As Clay Aiken look-a-like Michael Sandecki sang “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me,” the real Clay Aiken walked out behind him.  Michael Sandecki’s surprise reaction was the leading topic of water-cooler conversations on the day after the finale.

What were your favorite moments from American Idol 5?  Do you agree or disagree with our picks?  Please post your own favorite moments in the comments section below.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

126 Responses to “American Idol 5 Most Memorable Moments”

1. Robin Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 11:22 pm

Myfavorite moment of AI5 was definately when Clay iaken came out with his new HAWT hairstyle, and blew the roof off the house once again with his incredible voice!

2. Anonymous Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 11:24 pm

Without a doubt, any segment that has Clay Aiken in it would be my favourite part of the(any) show. He’s the best!

3. Anonymous Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 11:26 pm

Clay……………that was funny awesome!!!

4. Anonymous Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 11:32 pm

Clay Aiken without a doubt.

5. cris Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 11:33 pm

yea… Clay!!! He rocks!

6. Martigyrl Says:
    May 28th, 2006 at 11:44 pm

The only thing I remember about the AI finale is the Michael Sandecki-and Clay Aiken moments. Everything else is a blur. I heard they did crown a winner though….
    Who won???
    Oh, that’s right…. Clay and his new hairstyle won.
    Love it,, love Clay!!!!!!!!!!
    (prince was on?? Ooh, I wish he had gotten the chance to hear Clay sing,’When Doves Cry’.
    He would have meandered off stage, with head held down in embarrassment in himself, for witnessing the best version , ever, of his own hit song!! )
    If you haven’t seen Clay sing it, YOU ARE MISSING OUT.

7. cris Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 12:14 am

Clay! Forever.. clay’s the best!!

8. Elizabeth Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 12:59 am

Favorite would be the Chris Daughtry/Live/Ed Kowalczyk performance during the finale. Awesome performance.

9. R4C Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 1:26 am

the Aiken moment was the highlight of the whole show.

Michael represented what many percieve Clay to be, and then the REAL Clay appeared , all confident, sexy, and beyond talented.

The reaction of Michael was priceless.

It was a TV moment and a day Michael will never ever forget , if he ever recovers from it. LOL

10. handsomeprince Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 1:27 am

In Season 3, Fantasia Barrino gave ONE greatest moment – her superb rendition of “Summertime”. And in Season 4, Bo Bice surprised everyone with a single acapella – “In a dream” that soon became the ONE greatest moment that season. This season, the ONE greatest moment does not come from AI, Taylor, nor the boring Chris or the mundane Elliot. It is Katherine McPhee’s “Over the Rainbow” that made everyone still talking about it today. And that “Over the rainbow” has certainly made history as this Season 5′s ONE greatest moment…..

11. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 1:37 am

Chris elimination was not surprising to me. I think America probably got tired of seeing the same pissed off screaming performance every week. However you did get it right Constantine’s elimination was extremely shocking and way too early. For me the most emotional night ever on American Idol. Oh and Constantine’s Bohemian Rhapsody was the MOMENT of season four.

12. Jedi Grrl Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 1:38 am

The most memorable moment for me is Elliott singing A Song for you – I’ve never heard more heartfelt delivery. This followed closely by his reaction to his hometown visit during the show when he was eliminated. He should have been in the final two if not the winner. He has some ways to go as a performer – but that voice is a God-given talent that should be recognized.

13. scruggles2001 Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:47 am

The Clay Aiken appearence was the best and funniest part of the show. When he came out you could hear the audience go crazy, isnt it intersteing that after being away from the public for a little while clay aiken still causes buzz!:)

14. jojo Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:06 am

ooo… my fave moments… when simon compares contestants to steak and hamburgers and othr edibles…. haha and when poor elliott ran to the wrong side of the stage….

i dont like it when paula acts weird… shes nuts…

15. lucene Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:23 am

Hopefully in the next season finale they will have Constantine sing and he will get as great a reaction as Clay Aiken’s appearance did… pretty cool.

16. lariest Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:54 am

My fav moment was definitely the clay aiken surprise moment without a doubt.

But my fav performance from this season is elliot’s moody’s mood for love…beautiful…simply beautiful..oh and when he cried like a baby when he met stevie wonder…aaawww such a sensitive man

17. Demi McCracken Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 5:19 am

The Clay Aiken moment was the most memorable moment. I believe he was also the best singer of the whole evening!! That is, after the want-to-be was finished.

18. margaret smith Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 6:36 am

Clay Aiken stole the show. I don’t remember anything else.

19. Carol Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 6:48 am

I gave up “Lost” finale only to find out if it was true Clay was on AI. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Best moment on AI this season was him!!
    Go, Clay!!! We love you!!!!!

20. Lacy Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:12 am

Clay – showed 200 million people what the OC (Original Claymates) have known all along! Talent unlike any other – gorgeous – hawt – sweet – genuine – awesome!

21. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:14 am

For the singers it was Katherine who hit the moment….but for guests…it was Clay all the way baby!!!!

22. mojo Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:14 am

Mostly the whole thing was an attempt to be “WOW” but wasn’t. The Clay Aiken/ Michael deal was THE performance. I’ll never forget the reaction not only from Michael, a really sweet high-functioning Autistic kid, but the reaction from the audience too. Clay Aiken out sang them all.

23. Amanda Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:51 am

I agree. They tried to make the finale out as “full of surprises” but who was really surprised? The Golden Idol awards were new but they didn’t appeal to me much. Clay Aiken and Micheal had to be the best part, even though I do not like Clay Aiken.

24. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 8:31 am

I guess u forgot to mention Rod Stewart’s night as the best night ever! Each of contestant stood out and gave one solid night.

And personally, Kat’s Over The Rainbow at top 3 is my favorite performance of all time….

25. rico Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 8:43 am

My favourite moment was Mr.McPhee in tears by watching his daughter’s beautiful performance of Someone to Watch Over Me. What a perfect chemistry they made, a heartfelt delivery from Kat and her father took it so emotionally.

26. Kahuna Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 9:01 am

I didn’t watch AI when Clay was on. I had only seen him perform once on SNL, and wasn’t overly impressed. Nice voice, but eh. When Clay entered the stage during the finale he took my breath away with his new look. Why? He reminded me of the first time I saw that Beatles with the hot new hair do of his. So, Beatle-esque. And, he sang his butt off. So, for this non-Clay-mate, Clay was the highlight for me.

27. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 9:05 am

When Clay start to sing my boyfriend said aloud Now we have a singer in a house!What a voice! and the kid was fun ny too….by the way I love the new look.

28. kizmet Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 9:10 am

This season was fairly boring, but the finale was the best I can remember, with many memorable moments. Live singing with Chris Daughtrey. Prince. The transformation of Carrie Underwood from robot to a real performer. But the most memorable moment of the entire season was definitely the Clay Aiken/lookalike duet. Who couldn’t love the joy emanating from Michael Sandecki when he finally saw Clay standing behind him? And Clay’s new look? Totally hot. Not that he wasn’t cute before, but WOW!

29. Kathy Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 9:51 am

Elliott Yamin WAS Season 5. He made the show and was consistent week after week. All of his songs sound professional on my iPod. He’s got a wonderful recording voice and his Moody’s Mood for Love is the best on the new encore CD.

I also enjoyed Clay’s song. The boy’s reaction was so funny.

Katharine’s Rainbow wasn’t that thrilling for me. Kinda boring.

30. jen Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 9:58 am

Wow Clay!!! Best part!

My sister, my dad and I all were cracking up for so long. When the laughing ceased and we listened to Clay our jaws dropped. We had forgotten he could sing like that! Can’t wait for his new album.

31. Jyes Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 9:59 am

I loved the Meatloaf/Katherine song..Kat is an acress as well as a singer and I look forward to seeing her on a stage again.

For me the biggest surprise will always be Constantine’s ‘boot’ last year. At least Chris had been among the bottom vote-getters and the odds makers predicted his demise. Not so with Constantine!
    The petitions, emails, phone calls and outrage was HUGE and every one of us who were among the saddened and shocked STILL feel the blow over a year later. Luckily, it is not necessary to win the competition to be successful in the industry, as Constantine now knows; every time he steps on a stage, his fan base grows: witness his forthcoming album’s ‘new music’ debut in Hollywood this past week with “Robin DiMaggio and Friends!” Robin has worked with the likes of Mariah Carey, J.Lo, Usher and Paul McCartney, to name a few..and now ‘Constantine’;Can’t get much better than THAT!

Re: the ‘real rocker’ discussion; Constantine himself said it best last week; “Chris is a true rocker..he’s amazing. I’m a rocker but I have other sides too..like Broadway.”

They will both do just fine!!

32. NickSuave Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 11:12 am

Constantine was a total hack who depended on giving his goofy “slightly angry” stare into the cameras to get votes. I don’t know why people on this site adore him so much, the only reason his exit was shocking is because the even bigger no-talent hack (Scott) should’ve gone home that week instead.

I thought this year’s show was the best ever. My favourite moments were crazy Paula making a fool out of herself, anything to do with Katherine McPhee (she’s an incredible singer and she’s stunningly beautiful), Taylor’s hilarious funky dancing, those arrogant (Bingham?) twins getting arrested, and anytime Chris tore the house down with his awesome performances. Oh yeah and that Chicken Little kid cracks me up every time. It’s too bad Melissa had to go home so fast, she had a great husky voice and she was also insanely hot.

33. Sylvie Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 11:19 am

Ace Young’s performance were the most shocking performance of the season. The fact that Kevin Covais made it top 12, also.

Chris exit was not really a shock I was expecting they do the same thing as they did to Constantine, who was more versatile. He is still the one for me.

Elliott performances on Elvis show were the stopstoppers for me this year. Noboby else stunned me

34. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 11:21 am

“Constantine was a total hack who depended on giving his goofy “slightly angry” stare into the cameras to get votes.

Chris tore the house down with his awesome performances.”

Ok this is hilarious. You first insult Constantine for what you say is his slightly angry performances but then you praise Chris’s I’m going to kick your butt after I am done screaming at you performances. Really doesn’t make much sense especially when Constanitne never looked angry while performing unless of course that was the tone of the song unlike Chris who always had a scowl on his face no matter what the song was about.

35. ElliottYaminAI5 Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 11:25 am

For me, Elliott Yamin MADE this season. Not only was he consistantly amazing week after week, but he is so sincere, humble and sweet. It doesn’t hurt that he is HOTT, either. Elliott is a doll. It is beyond me how Katharine beat him for the number 2 spot. Must have been the wardrobe “accident”. lol

Regardless, Elliott Yamin is MY American Idol, and they will never find anyone who compares. I can’t wait to support his career!

Elliott Yamin = AI5!

36. julie Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 12:04 pm

the best moments…were a lot of things that involved kellie pickler….her performances- almost all were absolutely amazing her statements- hilariously AWESOME!!!!…she will go farther than mandisa, or bucky, or whoever else

37. milui Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 12:36 pm

I must agree with the above poster that ELLIOTT YAMIN made this season. I remember watching the top10 men performing and predicting him and Bucky to be booted off because he was a TOTAL non-entity who barely even registered a bleep on my screen. But as the show progressed he found “Somebody to Love” him in me when he sang “A Song for You” me and the rest of America that sent us “Home” to “Heaven”.heehee

38. Judy Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 1:16 pm

CLAY AIKEN by far the BEST preformer EVER on American Idol and time will prove it….He has a magic about him and a voice better than any AI in the past.

39. justine Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 1:35 pm

Elliott is amazing.

he is SO talented, and im looking forward to watching him get a start to his career.

Cant wait for his CD.

40. dee Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 1:40 pm

Elliot was the most truly talented of the season. Real and Dear.

Constantine is the most memorable idol contestant of all time. His Bohemian Rhapsody performance stole the entire show..that has yet to be duplicated in any season. He also kept the crowd entertained and guessing- throughout his tenure -like him or hate him.

While extremely talented, this year’s crop was not nearly as interesting personality or performance wise.

41. danie Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:04 pm

Elliott Yamin’s A Song For You was THE moment for me.

Elliott Yamin is THE American Idol…and more!

42. Albert Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:05 pm

I’ve gotta agree with Dee. I missed Maroulis’ originality this season. Toward the end I didn’t even bother to watch most episodes.

No disrespect meant to this season’s finalists. Some were talented, sure. But none of them were on a level with Maroulis who blew us away.

43. Tim Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:07 pm

Elliott, Kevin, Katherine, and Kellie were the only reasons I watched AI5 this season! And Elliott and Kevin really boosted the finale’s ratings big-time in the last half-hour. I will be listening to Elliott’s songs in the future, and I hope Kevin makes it big on TV.

44. Tim Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:08 pm

Elliott’s ‘A Song For You’ was my favorite song of AI5. And Kevin’s ‘When I Fall In Love’ also.

45. dee Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:34 pm

The Clay scenario was just hilarious. Clay looked a little jaded…no longer the sweet, inocent fellow of AI days…

Prince blew them all out of the park…..He apparently was late to arrive, did his thing, and left….

46. dke1212 Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:39 pm

Elliott was by far the best this year. He had so many outstanding performances,it’s hard to choose just one….
    I can’t wait to buy his CD.

47. Kath Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 2:51 pm

Clay’s appearance at the finale was THE HIGHLIGHT of the night, next to Taylor winning. Clay is awesome (and looking rather handsome!) and Michael Sandecki, bless his heart, will be forever enshrined in TV geekdom.

Highlights of AI5:

Mandisa getting kicked off WAY too soon. She was a threat to Katharine so my conspiracy theories about AI being rigged are still alive….

Elliot as most improved and I hope he has a great career. I will by his CD.

Taylor’s Elvis night. WOW.

Chris – Hemmorage. Great.

Kevin Covais and the “cheek pinching” night. That was great.

Simon admitting he was WRONG ABOUT TAYLOR!!!!!!!!

Katharine’s “wardrobe malfunction”. Watch it on TIVO – it sure doesn’t look like a malfunction when you rewatch it. It looks deliberate….

Taylor winning AI5. He deserved it.

Where’s my Soul Patrol T-shirt?!?!?

48. Duden Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:13 pm

I rooted for Taylor from the very beginning of the show. Then, I saw Elliott; his voice, his attitude, his talent. Man, this guy is THE idol. I agree with so many of you, A Song For You is probably THE moment of AI5.

49. JOYCE Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:13 pm

CLAY AIKEN WAS BY FAR THE BEST ON IDOL. LOVE THE NEW HAIR HE IS HOT.

50. Joyce Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:14 pm

I heard from the Web that there was a possiblility that Clay might appear.. so I tuned in.

I was spellbound… Seeing Clay again on that stage brought back some feelings and memories that in the past brought me to tears.

This time seeing Clay on that stage felt like a kind of JUSTICE. He is such a classy STAR

51. Angela Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:20 pm

Elliott Yamin stole the finale with his duet with Mary J Blige and his rendition of “House is Not A Home”. It was obvious from that alone that Elliott should have won the title.

He was the only reason I voted this year and I will be keeping a close tab on his career for many years to come!

52. artie Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:40 pm

I thought the Meat Loaf duet was excellent, more Meat Loaf than Kat, though. To this day, I don’t see what the big deal is over Kat’s Over the Rainbow. This song usually makes one cry; when Kat sings it, I’m just waiting for another wardrobe malfunction or a commercial break. I’ll stick with Eva Cassidy or Judy Garland’s version, thank you. As a Canadian, I was unable to vote for AI, but I was a Taylor fan from the audition stage. Thank you America for voting him your American Idol. Soul Patrol!

53. Deanne Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:41 pm

Clay Aiken stole the show! His voice is like no other, pure power! My favorite contestant from Season 5 would be Elliott. I think he will outsell both Taylor and Katherine in cd’s. American Idol got it wrong once again.

54. Lynn Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:49 pm

Clay Aiken surprising that adorable Michael was a highlight for me. Clay sounded fantastic as usual and I liked the change in his hairstyle. Never cared for it spiked. Could be shorter over the eyes though. elliott singing with MaryJ was fantastic but she could have given him a lot more space. He’s far better than she is in my opinion. Elliott you sound great every time you sing.Luv Taylor’s Do I Make You Proud.

55. SimonPicksTheWinner Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 3:54 pm

Favorite moments of AI5?
    Seeing Constantine in the audience.

Best MALE singer? NONE
    TAYLOR, strains to get the voice out
    ELLIOTT, boring, can’t sing
    CHRIS,always screams
    BUCKY, can’t sing, Simon put him in TOP10 because he’s cute
    ACE, can’t sing, Simon put him in TOP10 also cause he’s cute
    They are last years Constantine and Bo
    BEST FEMALE singer?
    Tie between Paris and Mandisa
    KATHERINE, I always put the volume down when she sang. Her voice causes pain, can’t stand it
    KELLI,loved her “Walking after Midnight”
    Forget the other two

56. bob Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 4:04 pm

Clay is a GAY!!!
    He is suck!!!!!

57. SimonPicksTheWinner Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 4:05 pm

I forgot to say my vote for the best singer was Clay Aiken.

I didn’t watch the year he was on, but since having heard him a few times, yeah he can sing.

He can outsing Prince also.

Worst of the finale was those 1st ever golden awards and showing that Prostitute again.
    They gave her more airtime? why
    That was a low point for the show.

58. georgehr3 Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 4:30 pm

Kat was shrill and strained on “Over the Rainbow”. Best performance was Taylor’s “You Are So Beautiful”.

59. You have to be kidding Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 4:51 pm

He would have meandered off stage, with head held down in embarrassment in himself, for witnessing the best version, ever, of his own hit song!! )

—-

I think the embaressment would have been for Clay. I’ve seen/heard this When Doves Cry by Aiken. Soulless at best.

60. JS Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 5:08 pm

The hightlight of the American Idol seaon was seeing the phenominal “CLAY AIKEN” appear on the stage once again! Clay sang with the pipes of perfection , smiling proudly as he witnessed one of his devoted fans achieve his dream ! CLAY AIKEN defines the word class ! HE IS HOT!

61. Mickie Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 5:25 pm

I think the most memorale moment in the finale was TONI BRAXTON’S freak-show performance of “In The Ghetto”. What is up with that?!?

62. jojo Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 5:33 pm

ughh… i cant stand constantine… i dont think hes cute, i think hes a slob… and kats dad’s crying drove me nuts… i HATE it wen guys cry all the time… i mean, once in a while, ok…. but EVRY TIME HIS KID SINGS??? way to sensitive 4 me…
    its the BRITNAM twins… and i luved it wen they got arrested too.
    i luvd it wen claudette got the award!! shes the sweetest lady….

63. jojo Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 5:34 pm

toni is soo weird…

64. Dayna Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 5:48 pm

Amer. idol had many fav. Moments for me. It had to be watching Chris and Elliot perform every week. But the most memorable one was seeing Clay Aiken come out on stage in the finale. WOW! That was AWESOME!

65. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 6:22 pm

“Favorite moments of AI5?
    Seeing Constantine in the audience.”

got that right

66. Maxine Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 6:40 pm

Didn’t watch Idol before the very end of last season Bo/Carrie. Carrie gives the image of being sweet and wholesome with a consistant voice, beautiful music.

Very impressed with Clay – first time I ever hear him perform. He was wonderful and loved his performance.

Elliot is great – great vocals, humble and grew as a performer every week. My opinion is that he should have been in the finals because he is consistant. Kat’s Somewhere Over the Rainbow was strained, off key and was not impressive.

Love Taylor because he too, like Elliot would listen to the judges, take their negative and positive comments and try to learn from them. The would never answer the judges back, make faces and then cry “the judges were very hard on me.” When one enters this – it is a competition
    One must be able to take the good and the bad.

67. Schumacher Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 6:47 pm

I hate Elliot! Hes is fakeee! All jew guys are fake!!!!! Paula Adbul too!

68. Coulthard Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 6:49 pm

69. Schumacher Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 6:51 pm

ELLIOT IS JEW!! FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!

ELLIOT IS JEW!! FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!

ELLIOT IS JEW!! FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!

ELLIOT IS JEW!! FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!

70. Patty Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:01 pm

Bob -

“Clay is a GAY!!!
    He is suck!!!!!”

And just how would you know this? Do you have proof, or are you one of those people who believe everything you read? I feel sorry for you.

71. brandi Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:18 pm

the most thrilling thing for me was watching my fav from the beginning which was kat make it to the finale and knowing that i help put her there with my uncontrollable voting lol!i love kat!

72. jojo Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:44 pm

okay… who care if he is jewish…he can still b a good singer… and a nice guy…

73. sally atticum Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:53 pm

I really enjoyed Elliott’s House is Not a Home and A Song For You. Also I thought Kat’s performance with Meat Loaf (his stage fright notwithstanding) was her best performance of the season. My highlight for finale was definitely clay coming out and singing. I was thrilled. I didn’t realize how much I missed him.

74. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 7:56 pm

My favorite was seeing Constantine in the audience, Clay’s and look alike’s performance, and Katharine’s and Meatloaf’s performance. My least favorite was the Kellie Pickle skits.

75. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 8:15 pm

AI had to do something to redeem a very boring season. The finale was great entertainment but was somewhat anticlimatic when it came to announcing the winner. I loved seeing Michael and Clay. That made for great TV. Constantine’s elimination will always be the most shocking. The producer’s really threw away a gem of a talent on that one. But I hear he is doing great working with some of the best in the industry!

76. GLENNA Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 9:34 pm

CLAY AIKEN STOLE THE SHOW. HE HAS THE MOST POWERFUL VOICE, AND HE IS CHARMING AND THAT SMILE WOW. IT WAS SHEER JOY WATCHING HIM SING WITH THE SWEET YOUNG MAN MICHAEL. WE LOVE YOU CLAY; AND YOUR HAIR TOO. YOU MADE SO MANY PEOPLE HAPPY. I HAVE WATCHED THAT VIDEO OVER 50 TIMES. LOVE YOU.

77. -NN- Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 10:01 pm

clay clay clay clay clay clay clay
    what else i can say ??
    it will always be clay aikennn yay

78. Lorna Boyle Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 10:23 pm

For me it was watching Elliott perform pretty much anything… I’m having a hard time picking just one. “Teach Me Tonight” was absolutely incredible! I’ll never forget hearing his version of “A Song for You”, and his two tributes to Elvis were both outstanding. To quote Shirley Kennedy, who wrote an amazing article in National Ledger, on May 25th, let’s celebrate the discovery of Elliott Yamin!

79. Susan Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 10:41 pm

There have been many really good singers on AI through the years so I give credit to all of them BUT THE OVER THE TOP BEST ON THE AI5 FINALE SHOW WAS CLAY AIKEN AND ?MICHAEL. I didn’t know that he was a high-functioning autistic young man–Clay is a special-education teacher so he knows how tough it is for young people with disabilities.
    CLAY IS FLAT OUT HAWT WITH A CAPITAL H AND AS RANDY JACKSON SAID, CLAY CAN STILL SING HIS FACE OFF. It was priceless when Clay walked on the stage and the crowd started screaming–you should hear the crowd at Clay’s concerts. His concerts are the best I’ve ever been to.

80. Tim Says:
    May 29th, 2006 at 10:55 pm

The Burt Bacharach medley with the 12 AI5 finalists and Dionne Warwick has to be the best of all the AI group sings ever! The finalists sang with class, grace, and dignity. They sang their hearts out and closed out AI5 with a bang!

81. SG Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 12:22 am

Clay is unbelievably awesome. His voice is effortless and amazing… He commanded the stage the moment he appeared. I couldn’t be more proud of him.

82. JellyBelly Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 12:30 am

Without a doubt…the Clay Aiken surprise was the best!!!!

83. Amanda Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 1:21 am

Most memorable moment? Without a doubt, the “Clay Aiken freakout”. OMG, that was soooo funny. Every time I watch that clip it makes me laugh.

It was wonderful seeing Michael’s dream of singing with his Idol come true, and Clay, as always, sounded stunning, looked gorgeous, and treated his fan with kindness and respect.

Maybe that clip will FINALLY win AI an Emmy. It was a truly classic TV moment.

84. Anonymous Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 1:31 am

No doubt a lot of Clay lovers here….and he’s certainly held his own over the year’s since he’s been off Idol…..

Canned and Cheezy is how Idol likes the music….These people should be given the real test to show musicianship….the ability to write songs and play music! Now that would be a real competition.

It kills me that Simon’s biggest insult is that someone sounds like a bad Karaoke act….What is AI….a good Karaoke act?

Constantine raised the bar…..he had fun with the cheezyness of the show….reveled in it…and made us look forward to the next week……Nobody this season did that…or any other season for that matter…with the same panache….

Argueably, as a group, this year’s batch of idols had more raw talent than in years past….it really was a ? as to who would be the winner…rather than knowing early who the favorites were…that made this season more interesting….but not neccesarily exciting.

Prince ROCKS!

85. Anonymous Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 1:52 am

Elliot Yamin is a super talented SWEETIE PIE.

86. Marg Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 3:15 am

Highlight of the Evening? Clay & Michael!

87. Nancy Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 6:10 am

No doubt, it was the moment
    CLAY AIKEN
    walked out on the stage, unannounnced and the crowd jumped to their feet / went crazy screaming…The look on the face of the “look alike Clay” was the best of the season…………….. OMG
    IT WAS AWESOME.
    THAT KID WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT CLAY DID………………….
    NO way it could of been rehearshed…It took the thunder out of the announcement of the winner………………..
    But I am a Taylor fan So “Go Taylor” After I saw Clay, Ryan annoucing the winner just seemed so small…………………….
    Sorry Taylor, But I was still in a CLAYMAZING HIGH….

88. Kim Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 7:43 am

I’m glad to see more positive comments here than negative ones about the singers that you don’t like. Just support the singer that you like the best and let the rest of the fans do the same.

That being said, CLAY BROUGHT DOWN THE HOUSE! CLAY ROCKS AND HE’S SO HOT THAT I CAN’T WAIT FOR HIS NEXT CD TO DROP. I’M WAITING CLAY–HURRY UP!!

89. Debbie Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 8:34 am

The Clay part was amazing as was the guys medley. Loved the whole tobacco road piece with Taylor on the harmonica and Chris and Bucky sounding so very FINE together. Would have been better without Kevin, but that was so hot with the guys all in black.

I was also happily surprised by Lisa’s solo and Bucky nailed every note of his solo. Ace and Melissa sounded great together as well.

90. Kelly Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 8:38 am

I thought all the singers were talented – but my favorite moments on American Idol were :
    1. Chris’ Hemorrhage
    2. Kevin Covais’ comment on being a “Sex symbol”
    3. I loved the Clay Aiken moment – he is sexier than ever!
    4. I though McPhee’s “Over the Rainbow” was nice but I liked how she performed the one song when she was on her knees. Can’t remember the title
    5. All of Elliot’s soulful performances
    6. Taylor’s In The Ghetto song
    7. I enjoyed lots of Paris’ songs but I cannot remember any standout performances. Same with Pickler.

91. Diane Jolley Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 2:15 pm

I have always been a Clay Fan so you can imagine my excitement when he came out in the show. He has an awesome voice and is an awesome young man. I know his Mom is very proud of him. He never lets fame go to his head and treats everyone with kindness.As for Mr. Daughtry, well, I’m a 60 year old Mother of 3 and a granmother of six, but that fine thing almost stops my heart everytime I see him. And what a great voice!! No matter what kind of song he sings he always sounds great. He is my American Idol.

92. Diane Jolley Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 2:16 pm

93. Oleaner Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 4:08 pm

Lots of great moments from AI 5, but as far as performances go, although many were great, the best and most memorible was definitely Katharine McPhee’s “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” I think it has actually managed to eclipse Fantasia’s “Summertime” as my favorite performance ever and I truly did not think that would EVER happen.

94. Rita C Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 4:58 pm

From the Finale, I thought the Clay/Michael duet was #1 followed by Prince. Taylor’s win was not a surprise.

From the series, I thought Chris’ boot was memorable in how pissed off he looked when he got the bad news. Kellie Pickler’s Bo-Rhap was memorable in how bad the lighting/make-up/costuming people made her look. The episodes that stood out were when Barry Manilow and Rod Stewart participated. Everyone was good on those shows. Bocelli and Elvis shows were not good.

I liked seeing Shakira even though her involvement was only to sing a song; same with Prince. It did feel like they were only there to use the program to sell their CDs.

95. ann Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 5:21 pm

That moment with Clay was priceless, and man was he hot.
    He has a voice like no other, the power the range.

96. Diana Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 5:49 pm

Most memorable of the season was Mandisa’s I Dont Hurt Anymore, Taylors You Are So Beautiful, Elliots Trouble. Best moment of the finale was the guys in black doing the medley. Totally hot! Loved the harmonica and chris and bucky’s harmonizing.

97. pat Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 5:50 pm

#1 Clay & Michael. Sooooo funny! I didn’t know Clay sang like that. Awesome.

I loved Chicken Little.

98. Anne Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 5:57 pm

Memorable?
    Katherine’s button incident. I thought it was a sneaky way to get votes. Accident? yeah right!

Each time Ace made the bottom three; He had that blank look on his face; Wondered if there was anything in there.

Mandisa and Paris voted out; Those ladies had power in their voices!

For the finale, the Kellie part was funny; Meatloaf and Katherine duet was creepy; the Clay and Michael part was hilarious, Clay’s new hair was hawt and the 5 mins appearance of Prince was a surprise!;

99. Tim Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 8:13 pm

Kevin’s ‘When I Fall In Love’ performance on AI was very heartfelt, and enjoyable as well.

100. Ann S Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 8:30 pm

I absolutely loved it when Clay
    surprised Michael!

Incredible
    It was a masterpiece! I recorded it and have watched it over and over!!

The hair on Clay is HAWT!! He has always been a favorite of mine, but I loved seeing the great reception he received from the audience when they saw him and the standing ovation after he sang!
    Incredible and wonderful!

101. Tim Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 8:36 pm

My favorite AI5 moments:

Kevin getting pinched on the cheeks by the girls.

Kevin hugging Sway after being close to elimination.

Kevin’s stunned look after he found out he made the Top 12.

All of Kevin’s songs that he did on AI. He has a good voice.

His solo in last week’s finale was so awesome, it stunned the world.

The mini Rat-Pack of Kevin, David, and Will.

The amazing transformation of Elliott Yamin, into AI’s genuine threat.

Elliott’s homecoming video, which brought him to tears. Very touching.

All of ELLIOTT’s songs, especially ‘A Song For You’, which I played the video performance about 10 times this month.

Katherine’s first trip to the Bottom 3 ignited a shock on both the finalists’ faces and the judges. TV viewers saw the reaction of the finalists’ faces in sync with the boos. Very good editing. AI should get that emmy now.

Katherine’s ‘Over The Rainbow’ performance, proving that she is versatile in any song.

Katherine’s wardrobe malfunction.

Kellie Pickler singing and looking like a hot chick.

The shocking eliminations of Mandisa and Chris.

Ryan’s refusal to send either Ace, Elliott, or Bucky back to safety during the intense elimination proved to be like Sudden Death for one of them. Very intense.

Paris Bennett’s untimely bleep during the Mary J. Blige song.

The Toni and Taylor duet. Too much WHOOOs and moves, and no singing made it hilarious!!

The coronation of Taylor as the AI5 winner and his reaction: Priceless.

The Clay Aiken surprise appearance was the best AI surprise ever!!

The Burt Bacharach medley with the AI5 finalists: Awesome!!!

The guys and girls medleys in the finale.

The first Top 24 group performance. It gave everyone a chance to sing strong. Too bad this performance ain’t on the compilation CD.

Paula neary melting down after Elliott’s ‘A Song For You’.

The return of Carrie Underwood.

102. lia Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 8:41 pm

even though my husband is a musician, he was really never into all AI phenomenon; this season he never saw a show but, I was watching and everytime he would hear Elliot Yamin sing he would say: this is the only one that knows how to sing…. and who has a good voice.

103. timeforchange Says:
    May 30th, 2006 at 9:32 pm

TAYLOR had the best moments on AI. YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL had to be one of the best performances ever…

104. bonggarr Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 4:33 am

AI moments are when Elliott takes the stage. Moments are when he radiates so much sincerity and soul. He is the single AI moment by far. All else are “show”…that’s all folks….Elliott’s legacy remains.

105. Bronwyn Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 4:28 pm

the Clay Aiken performance was soooo funny! i laugh just thinking about it! haha! i didn’t kno Clay could sing like that cause i didn’t watch AI till now! but that was hilarious! i luved the top 4 and thought that they all had their own GREAT moments! they all have such different stiles that i can’t say which one is the best, but i did fall in luv with Chris.

106. Bronwyn Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 4:32 pm

Elliot was definatly the most touching. He had an AWESOME voice. He brought tears to my eyes just listening to him because he was sooooooo great. i luv to listen to him. He is very good and will go a long way.

107. San Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 5:39 pm

Clay and Michael was absolutely the best genuine TV ever. I’m sooo glad people have not blackballed Clay over the “scandal.” He’s the best! His concerts are nothing but fun, too; I love his voice and attitude. After My Elvis, Clay’s the one.

108. Phil Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 6:24 pm

Elliott’s video of his trip to his hometown was cool as well as all his performances. AMAZING VOICE. Highlight of the finale was elliott with mary J blige covering ONE by U2. and also the performance by dwight schrute from THE OFFICE and Clay Aiken. I love Dwight

109. G Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 7:51 pm

Favorite moment of AI?

Watching Katharine McPhee LOSE. I waited weeks and weeks for that moment.. and it was the best. I didn’t care who won the thing as long as she lost.

And please, PLEASE, someone tell me what the big deal with that Somewhere Over the Rainbow song was? I found it boring and switched the channels while she sang it — both times. I mean, my gosh, reading what some people say about her version of that song.. geez.. it wasn’t that good. Face it.

110. ken hill Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 8:57 pm

The comments above are very interesting. It shows how we all differ in what we liked and disliked. America- what a great country. We even have carlos2xs@hotmail.com who shows that even very sick people who make racist comments has an opinion. We could do without people like him in the world but hey this is America!

111. handsomeprince Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 9:55 pm

To G. THANK YOU SO MUCH for switching channel when Katherine sang Over the Rainbow. Kat don’t need a blind man like you to watch her great performance. Only people with a deaf ear like you or blind will say such thing. Face it. Everyone’s talking about it in town. Just because Taylor doesn’t have that ONE GREAT MOMENT, it doesn’t mean Kat doesn’t have it. And Kat doesn’t need to win an Idol to be big in career. She has lots of offers now. All she need is to make right and wise decision about the offer. So switch off your TV again next time when she hit it big on the TV!

112. Anonymous Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 9:58 pm

Hey handsome, you’ve got a long wait, my friend. Ain’t gonna happen unless the bimbo gets off her fat ass and really work it instead of relying on her boobs or flashing her panties to get by!

113. Ritchie Says:
    May 31st, 2006 at 10:40 pm

This year was the best because no one was a clear contender like Kelly, Fantasia, Clay, Ruben, Carrie and Bo were. Those guys were almost assured to be in the end as early as the auditions. This year, Katharine, Paris, Taylor, Chris, Mandisa, even Kelly and Ace were potential winners in my mind. However, my favorite was Elliott. I never really noticed him until Randy said he was “the boy that did the best amongst 4 performers during the semis (I think.) Then he performs “Moody’s Mood For Love” with the top 10 guys. From then on, I realized he was the one I was gonna root for. Then his life story came out and I, along with America was hooked. He just seems to be a very humble, modest, easy-going guy. Somebody my friends and I would hang out with. “A Song For You” and his Elvis-night performances were the definitely the best this year. His top 3 trip home was easily the most emotional. Elliott should have been the winner. Other notable performances for me this year were; Chris – Walk The Line and Hemorrhage, Paris – Fever, Kat – Over the rainbow, Mandisa – Every Woman, Taylor – Taking It To The Streets. But still, an underdog like Elliott almost winning, I don’t think anybody expected him to blossom. Hopefully, he fulfills his potential for his fans. Good luck, man!

114. handsomeprince Says:
    June 1st, 2006 at 1:22 am

To Mr no name. Oh yea, you jealous that sex sells in this music industry. You must be a damn ugly flat-chested fart who is so jealous of Kat. Take a look at Britney Spears and Madonna. Or even Janet Jackson – don’t they all flash their assets. Face it! The music world today is not like your granny world. It’s full of sexual appeal/approach to entice fans. You think this is still a Bing Crosby or Doris Day era??? Hahahaha, silly old faggot! (At least, Kat has both – beauty and versatile talents). Let’s see if Taylor can go far with his daddy looks – no offense on Taylor. Just try to be realistic. He can either end up like Ruben or Kelly. Whichever way but my Katherine will soar and take the Broadway stage or even Grammy one day! Oooops, my panty just come off!

115. Anonymous Says:
    June 2nd, 2006 at 5:19 am

You’re right handsom, Kat does have alot of offers to consider, the question is, which street corner will she be working?

116. jill Says:
    June 2nd, 2006 at 6:19 am

Elliott is the reason why i watch American Idol! He is awesome and has a voice of angel.
    Sorry, but Kat’s SOTR is really boring when you hear a second time.

117. Donna Lane Says:
    June 2nd, 2006 at 2:22 pm

The most surprising moment of the competition was when the AI producers allowed Clay Aiken to take the stage after his “sleazing-for-cheap-gay-sex on the internet” scandal. That in itself is a DISGRACE!! Let me tell you about CLAY AIKEN! He has not ONCE firmly denied the accusations about him that men have been saying. In case you have not heard, one man claims he met Clay in a hotel room, they had unsafe sex, and Clay would not call him back, another one said Clay was trying to hook up with him using his cam and flashing near-nudies of himself! IS THIS A ROLE MODEL? AN AMERICAN IDOL??? NO!! If this is true, he is a LIAR and nothing but GARBAGE! It is no wonder fans of his have filed a class-action lawsuit saying they felt lied and manipulated by Clay saying he was STRAIGHT and role model when these charges imply otherwise! And he has YET to DENY IT!!! I AM DISGUSTED AND OUTRAGED that AMerican Idol would let this disgusting person back on this show! He should be run out of this country on a RAIL!!! If he EVER appears on this show again, I will not watch it and I will start a boycott of this show with other honest moral Christian people who don’t accept this sort of shameful conduct being paraded through our TV set!!!

118. NCProud Says:
    June 4th, 2006 at 3:54 am

“The Clay Aiken/ Michael deal was THE performance. I’ll never forget the reaction not only from Michael, a really sweet high-functioning Autistic kid, but the reaction from the audience too. Clay Aiken out sang them all.”

I agree. Clay’s surprise appearance and Michael’s genuine reaction made the show. I enjoyed seeing my favorite Idols who were eliminated earlier back on the stage too: Bucky, Kellie, Melissa and Kevin.
    I am not sure about Michael Sandecki having high functioning austism. Perhaps you are thinking of Michael Bubel, the autistic teenager Clay worked with while in college. Mike’s mom, Diane, encourage Clay to try out for AI2. God bless her for doing that!

119. Anonymous Says:
    June 4th, 2006 at 8:37 pm

I luv elliot

120. patty algarin Says:
    June 5th, 2006 at 12:58 am

Clay is the best and he will always be known for the best singer and his great personality. There will never be another Clay and nobody can sing like him.

121. debbie england Says:
    June 8th, 2006 at 2:55 pm

the best thing about americian idol 5 was the transformation of elliott from geek to hearthrob, we knew he had the voice now he has the look!

122. Emma Says:
    June 15th, 2006 at 10:24 pm

The best moments of AI5 is every single one of Elliot, Taylor, Mandisa, and Chris’s performances. They were partly the main reason why I continue to watch every week.
    As for the finale, of course the boys and girls meldely. Elliot with Mary J. Blige and a House is not a Home. Chris’s performance, and the crowning of Taylor. But, the most memorable of all out of all 5 seasons, would have to be Clay Aiken. He has such an amazing spectular voice that no one can resist listening. I LOVE CLAY AIKEN. His voice is just so…….. words can’t describe it. He was the BEST part of the American Idol Finale. If it weren’t for him, I would have just turned off my t.v and forget about who would’ve won. GO CLAY.
    By the way, I love it whenever I hear Elliot singing “If I Can Dream”, “Trouble” and “Song For You” I love his other songs too. They are just so terrific.

123. Rich Says:
    June 18th, 2006 at 1:49 pm

I actually enjoyed every part of the American Idol finale. However, there were some parts that were questionable. One of those parts would be when Toni Braxton came out and her lips were not moving to the right words. What is up with that? Another moment was giving the Jackson award to Rhonetta Johnson, although funny when they showed her on the big screen , you could clearly tell it wasn’t the same person. The Clay Aiken part was very funny and contributed to the show nicely. Prince was excellent, however I found it rude to walk out like he did. Besides that I would say that this years finale would be a 9.2 out of 10.

124. Rich Says:
    June 18th, 2006 at 1:50 pm

125. Sandy Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 7:20 pm

Great article!

Most memorable Season 5 moments to me:

BREAKOUT PERFORMANCES:
    Chris – Hemmorhage, Higher Ground
    Elliott – Moody’s Mood for Love, A Song for You
    Mandisa – I Don’t Hurt Anymore

FUNNIEST MOMENTS:
    Michael Sandecki
    Simon telling Paula to “Shot Op!”.

MOMENT THAT MADE ME MAD:
    Ryan blurting out “Chris, you’re going home”.

MOST MOVING MOMENT:
    The whole top 3 elimination show with the footage of Elliott going back to Virginia and then his actual sendoff from the show.

SINGLE BEST MOMENT/PERFORMANCE/WHATEVER:
    Freaking Prince coming out of nowhere and taking control of the stage!

126. tim sung Says:
    July 7th, 2006 at 7:29 am

my mother thinks Clay Aiken has a incredible voice…. caught her singing along to invisible and the way lol. gosh I wish i have a voice like that…listening to solitaire… cant concentrate… gotta go.

Comments