Fear Factor – Jonathan Baker Talks About Confrontation With Host Joe Rogan

June 11, 2006 11:04 PM by Joe Blackmon

Jonathanbaker_fearfactorWhat looks to be one of the most controversial (and entertaining) editions of Fear Factor ever is finally set to air.  After re-scheduling the show so many times that we’ve lost count, NBC is finally going to air a three-episode “Reality Stars Fear Factor” that features a confrontation between Amazing Race’s Jonathan Baker and Fear Factor host Joe Rogan.  The incident occurred after Jonathan’s wife Victoria punched at Jonny Fairplay who had been heckling her during a stunt.  Joe Rogan started verbally chastising Victoria, which led to a physical confrontation between Jonathan Baker and Joe Rogan.  Reality TV Magazine recently interviewed Jonathan Baker and got his take on exactly what went down between him and Joe Rogan.

Reality TV Magazine:  What did Jonny Fairplay say that upset your wife Victoria?

Jonathan Baker:  Victoria, you’re a baby and f***ing loser.  This was after he and Rogan heckled Victoria for the entire stunt.  Victoria felt she was supportive of him when he was doing the stunt.  Victoria thought that he was more of a friend then that and would show a little loyalty since we took him to dinner the night before and treated him to many things.  Yes, he was playing the game, but Rogan pushed him to go to far.  Rogan and the producers fired him up.  When you think you have a license to kill, you jump all over it.  They gave him that gun to shoot.  I was not involved until the end when Rogan went off on Victoria and would not let up.  I thought I needed to step in.  I said enough and that’s when Rogan’s ego blew a fuse and he snapped like time bomb.

Reality TV Magazine:  Is Victoria still angry at Jonny Fairplay?

Jonathan Baker:  Jon called Victoria the next morning and said he was sorry and told us Rogan put him up to it because it was going to make for good TV.  He said he did not know what got in to him after Rogan said bring it on Fairplay.

Reality TV Magazine:  There seem to be gaps in the NBC preview video.  After we see you get in Joe Rogan’s face, then it flashes to what appears to be Joe Rogan trying to put you in a headlock.  What happened during the missing segment on the preview video?

Jonathan Baker:  I told him “hey enough,” and he moved off Victoria and on to me.  It was like calling off a grizzly bear.  When this happened he said “don’t hey me,” and it went in to the “hey, hey, hey,” and I was saying hey louder and louder.  At this point it was a reality game play, and then he slandered us and made another remark about Victoria, by saying we hit each other in private.  He does not know me, he has never seen us before.  He never even knew who we were until that show.  He and the producer who talked to him in his right ear went for it.  In my opinion he set us up from the beginning of the show for a payoff like this.  I just think they did not think I would go head to head with him.  When he said that, I stepped out and looked him dead in the eyes and asked him who the f*** he thought he was and look at me, he  snapped, you could see it in his eyes and then he hit me.  I went down, got up, he hit me again, and as I was coming up the second time, he put me in a headlock.  This is what you saw in the promo clip.  I never hit him once or intended to.  The set was in a panic.  During the filming, producers warned all contestants to stay away from Rogan.  When the crew and producers are scared of Joe Rogan, does this not say it all?

Reality TV Magazine:  Have you talked to Joe Rogan since the incident?

Jonathan Baker:  No.

Reality TV Magazine:  Are you still angry at Joe Rogan?

Jonathan Baker:  I think he has issues and I do not care for him much.  I have a lot of friends that are friends with him and they say he is who you see on TV.  This is a small town I am sure one day our paths will cross.  For his sake, I hope he does not want a job on one of my film or TV projects.

Reality TV Magazine:  The preview clips make it look like the most interesting episode of Fear Factor ever.  Why does NBC keep delaying the show?

Jonathan Baker:  This was their quote, “During the final stunt, tensions flare and emotions erupt in one of the most explosive fights in "Fear Factor" history.”  NBC was great.  Now the production company and the executive producer Matt Kuntz was out of line along with Rogan.  He was the one talking to Rogan in his ear the entire time.  All they had to do was say I am sorry and we will make it right and I would have been over it.  In the end, this situation really had nothing to do with me; it was Victoria, Fairplay, and Rogan, and her fears.  When Production and Rogan crossed the line, I felt I needed to step in and defend my wife.  Here was this big man who hates women yelling at her and she was not a match for this guy in rage.  I am sorry it happened.  I only wish they felt the same way.

To learn more about Jonathan Baker and Victoria Fuller, check out their website at JonathanBakerandVictorFuller.com

Reality Stars Fear Factor will feature stars from "Survivor" (Jonny "Fairplay" Dalton and Twila Tanner), "American Idol" (Anthony Fedorov and Carmen Rasmusen), "The Amazing Race" (Victoria Fuller and Jonathan Baker), "The Apprentice" (Craig Williams and Tana Goertz), and "The Real World" (Mike "The Miz" Mizanin and Trishelle Cannatella).  In the first stunt, the teams compete in an all-out demolition derby. The men will drive the cars while the women do the shifting, the last car running wins. In the final stunt, each team must collect three skulls hidden in various places around a swamp, including an alligator’s lair!  The first episode of this three part Fear Factor is set to air on NBC on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 8P.M. EST.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Fear Factor news.  For other great Fear Factor news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Fear Factor.

Topics: Fear Factor |

22 Responses to “Fear Factor – Jonathan Baker Talks About Confrontation With Host Joe Rogan”

1. Anonymous Says:
    June 12th, 2006 at 10:36 am

LMAO Too Funny!!!!!

2. Johnnyboy's mama Says:
    June 13th, 2006 at 12:06 am

Johnyboy, you are a wimp and wannabe actor. Don’t get into someone’s face if you are not prepared to be spanked!

Joe Rogan

3. lindsay Says:
    June 13th, 2006 at 7:57 pm

its funny b/c it seems to me that Jonathan had it coming to him. he first called his wife an idiot during the first stunt and continued to yell at her during the second. that is what that game is about and if they couldnt handle it they shouldnt have gone!

4. Stinkster Says:
    June 13th, 2006 at 9:58 pm

Let’s see, Rogan has spent years covering the UFC and has probably worked out or even sparred with a few of the fighters.

Baker hits women.

Rogan for the win!

5. Anonymous Says:
    June 14th, 2006 at 2:50 am

How come the others had no problem, and then the alligator only turns when Victoria does the stunt? hmmm.

Was there any doubt that these two would bicker. Of course they would. The couples bicker, the married couples bicker, they just seem only like that when they are in competition mode. At least from other racers from TAR they said they were great out of the race, but posessed within.

Maybe the smacktalk was nothing. It was all clearly edited. It seems Victoria thought JFP was crossing the line, and Joe is defintely out of the line for hitting someone whom the person was only standing up defending his wife and the slander remarks. I guess standing up to Joe broke his ego and he snapped.

6. J Says:
    June 14th, 2006 at 7:03 am

Jon and Vic say they go on TV to prove they AREN’T the people we think they are. The problem is they only perpetuate the notion that Jonathan is a self-absorbed jackass, and Victoria is too weak (or stupid) to run away from him.

7. Melissa Says:
    June 14th, 2006 at 10:27 am

“We have great communication!” Uh, yeah, right. The only communication I have seen with this couple is Jonathan degrading his wife and his wife constantly whining and complaining. The more they are on TV, the more they look the same. Like jackasses.

8. Lynn Says:
    June 14th, 2006 at 3:22 pm

Jonathan you must be hard up for someone to like you. First you come on 2 reality shows and degrade your wife. Then when someone finally calls you on it you make up a website to defend yourself.
    Go Joe Rogan!
    Jonathan is such a wimp and loser.
    Can’t even imagine how he thinks he is an actor…lol
    Call Dr. Phil for some help!

9. TOO FUNNY Says:
    June 14th, 2006 at 4:27 pm

Johnathan, you should start a new show—Reality Dumb and Dumber. The first episode, you and Victoria can compete for who will be dumb or dumber. I’m glad Joe whipped you like a racehorse-you deserved it.

10. Deekeryu Says:
    June 14th, 2006 at 7:31 pm

I think you all are taking it so seriously. Jonathan and Victoria make for great TV. So what? They bicker and get intense in competition. They were ready to win. They won the car stunt, and it was only when Victoria freaked out at the alligator lair that was their downfall. Other than that, I think they would have made it to the very very end.

11. Donna Seader Says:
    June 15th, 2006 at 12:53 pm

John Baker is an ass. Maybe Joe crossed the line, but it wasn’t Joe going on national television (not once, but TWICE) and showing how little of an opinion he has of women.
    Too bad that Victoria doesn’t have the ability to stand up to John and tell him how inappropriate he is. He never “talks” to her, he only SCREAMS at her and I’ve never heard him say anything remotely complimentary – it’s all critism and negative.
    Victoria if you’re reading this – no woman deserves to be treated the way that he’s treating you.

12. Anonymous Says:
    June 15th, 2006 at 8:34 pm

Hey Lynn, they`ve already gone to Dr. Phil.

13. Kristin Says:
    June 16th, 2006 at 11:35 pm

All I can say is that I wouldn’t need Joe to point out how much of an ass my husband is to me, I would’ve already kicked John’s ass myself! Then I would say f*** off to him and go have a beer with Joe!

14. Deekeryu Says:
    June 17th, 2006 at 3:47 pm

Jonathan was only defending Joe’s slander statement against what he said to his wife. You don’t think anyone would retaliate when someone says something like that? He said she hits him, he hits her sort of thing, and what in the world does Joe not about how their relationship in real life really is. Joe was right on chatising Victoria, but totally wrong on slandering the couple. Joe just didn’t think Jonathan would stand up to him. Hitting someone down because you won’t let him stand up to you is not the way to solve problems. Solving problems with violence? I don’t think so. and he’s the host of a show, and he’s a hypocrite.

Rogan is not the most stand up guy either. He brags about being high all the time, cheats on his ex-GF (Jerri Manthey), and is on steroids and using martial arts as a weapon of rage. As I recall, that’s not the philosophy of martial arts.

On to the show

I thought Jonathan/Victoria were great TV. Like did we not expect them to bicker anyways? Contrary to belief, Jonathan wasn’t all that bad either.

Just to clear some misconceptions I’ve seen people had, Jonathan did not leave her at the well. JOnathan gave him his hand to pull her up, but Victoria said she got it, so Jonathan ran to do the next part of the stunt which was a smart move to get a head start, then Victoria had troubles and called Jonathan back and he did go back, but by then she already got out.

Another misconception is he that he wasn’t supporting her at the alligator’s lair. Jonathan WAS helping Victoria through it. When she came out, he WAS talking calmy to her, then when that wasn’t working, he was telling her loud to do it like a coach would do pumping her up, that worked and she went under but she dropped the flashlight, then Jonathan even came to the lair area to see what help he could be. As ppl probably didn’t notice for whatever reason, he wasn’t yelling at her when he was there. He talked calmly and was like it’s either you do it or we go. You’d think he’d berate her or something because she screwed it up, but he didn’t! That shows he felt for her.

Oh , and JFP is an a-hole. Seriously, when the contestant is crying because she’s had a panic attack, it’s time to shut the eff up.

As for TAR, Jonathan has spoken postive and given encouragement to her. At the hay bales task, he told her to slow down or she’d hurt herself, at the hot rocket bungee, he said you’re a superhero Victoria, you can do it!, in Ethiopia, he said Victoria was victorious on the task…Even these postive bits came out, even though I thought they got a raw deal with them showing them at their worst.

15. Lame Says:
    June 18th, 2006 at 3:07 pm

LOL!

The post above this one is clearly from Jonathan.

Kind of sad when you have to pretend to be someone else. Yes Jonathan, your like a coach.

Your a sad little man who got exactly what he deserved.

16. Numbah Says:
    June 19th, 2006 at 2:49 pm

Give it up Jonothug! Nobody finds your abusive sh***t funny.

17. L.N. Smithee Says:
    June 24th, 2006 at 2:18 am

I don’t watch Fear Factor, but almost did just to see Jonathan get his tail kicked. It’s a long time coming. I’m sure if the phlegmatic Phil Keoghan thought he could get away with it, he would have throttled him too.

Baker is a legend in his own mind, hilariously imagining that someday Joe Rogan might need HIS help. It is to laugh. Rogan has conquered the worlds of martial arts, standup comedy, situation comedy, and reality TV. Who is Jonathan Baker but America’s best-known emotionally abusive spouse?

I’d like to welcome everyone who came here via the link on Baker’s website. HA!

18. Deekeryu Says:
    June 28th, 2006 at 10:23 pm

No, Joe Rogan doesn’t need his help. He has all the money he needs, and brags about it, and that is what makes him better than everyone else.. Seriously, Joe got in an arguement with someone on Myspace and posted it in his blog, the whole conversation. After saying he could care less about all the haters think, he goes on and on with this ‘Kevin’ guy, telling him he must be fat, and how he has more money than him so it makes himself better. What a loser. The whole conversation was lame, and if he was trying to be funny, and him being a comedian, that was pretty lame.

All you people cheering for Jonathan to get his ass kicked are sick. Violence doesn’t solve anything, and coming from a host that just reprimanded a contestant for doing so, and then doing it himself is just pathetic.

I like Jon/Vic because they are just playing the game hard and competitive. The other racers said Victoria gave it back to Jonathan just as much, not shown. In fact, there were even various times Victoria berated Jonathan, but you guys just ignore that. There are plenty of racers who say they are great people, just got competitive in the race.

19. salim Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Rogan did the impossible: He looked like a bigger jackass than Jonathan ever was! I hate jonathan, but I think he was right to knock Rogan’s butt. Victoria WAS having a panic attack, so surprisingly Jonathan did NOT yell at her when they came back to the other side.

Fairplay was a jerk, taking credit for scaring her when it was reall the croc that upset her but what REALLY surprised me was Rogan’s attitude: He behaved like a total loser, berating her like that AFTER her panic attack(what did he mean when he started defending a piece of trash like fairplay?) I guess all those rumors of him being a total jackass are true.

I notice a lot of idiots on this post state that Rogan would kick Jon’s butt. Huh? Are they blind or sonmehing? Notice how Mizerak had to pull Jonathen off pathetic girly Rogan (looks like a karate champ can’t cut it in a REAL FIGHT against an out of shape shouter!)

Seriously, if someone talked like that in front of MY girl, I’d feed him to the blody croc …..

20. salim Says:
    July 6th, 2006 at 7:48 pm

Just watched the follow-up episode and my suspicions were right: the whole thing with Baker was a set-up. Rogan, acting more like Fairplay’s bitch than the host of the show, was cloying up to him and playing buddy buddy from the get-go. Examples of “witty” banter are as follows:
    Fairplay: I used to be a lifeguard
    Rogan: Really? (believeing him!)
    Idiots. Both of them. Actually managed to make a loony like Jonathan Baker seem sane in comparison. The whole incident left a bad taste in my mouth. Used to love Fear Factor. It was free from the other crap you see on these so-called “reality” TV shows, now even they have proved they will do ANYTHING to make news. Glad it’s being cancelled. Now Rogan will be out of a job. Maybe he can pick fights wih grannies. Probably get his butt handed to him. Couldn’t handle Jonathan, remember, Miz was pulling flabby Jonny off Rogan the vagina, not the other way round. Also, if Rogan the so-called “karate champ” did handle Baker so easily, why was the sequence cut? Maybe he can knock on my door so I can knock him out. Won’t be the first “karate champ” I’ve knocked out. Probably make his ass famous again, he wants the publicity anyway….

21. Terry Says:
    August 18th, 2006 at 12:04 pm

Joe Rogan has a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and would destroy Jon in a matter of seconds had it been a real fight. Lets remember what sparked the entire incident, Victoria punched another contestant, now you simply cannot do that. Joe had every right to get physical with Jon after Jon got in his face. And if its true that Joe did punch him then I am glad as he very much deserves a beating after seeing they way he treats women.

22. Shelby Says:
    October 8th, 2006 at 11:43 pm

Even though Jonny FP is a total prick, Victoria should divorce Jonathan as Jonathan and JFP should have beers together and talk about being sore losers.
    Martial arts is supposed to defend and Joe Rogan did seem like he was defending himself but was out of line, hitting someone. In a sense, I lost my respect in Joe. If Joe did that under my watch, he would be out looking at another job.

Comments