Greg Behrendt’s Wake-Up Call Reality Series In Production At ABC

June 19, 2006 11:05 PM by Joe Blackmon

Production has begun on "Greg Behrendt’s Wake-Up Call," a one-hour weekly reality series in which Greg Behrendt, acclaimed author of He’s Just Not That Into You, will address one couple’s major issues and use his knowledge of relationships to give them the tools to fix theirs. Through his off-the-cuff comedy and bruised-and-battered romantic experience, Greg takes a close look from a different angle to give our couple advice from a friend, but also that of sage wisdom. "Greg Behrendt’s Wake-Up Call" will air midseason on the ABC Television Network.

Behrendt has co-authored two best selling books, He’s Just Not Than Into You and the recently released It’s Called a Break-Up Because It’s Broken. This fall he will also host his own syndicated talk show for Sony Pictures Television. Based in Los Angeles, Behrendt was a consultant for three consecutive seasons on HBO’s "Sex and the City," bringing his original male point-of-view to the writing staff. His acclaimed standup comedy has been seen on HBO, "The Tonight Show," "Late Show with David Letterman," "Late Night with Conan O’Brien" and Comedy Central.

"Greg Behrendt’s Wake-Up Call" is produced by Avalon Television Inc. Executive producers are Greg Behrendt, David Martin, Julie James, Jon Thoday, Richard Allen-Turner and James Bruce. Co-executive producer is Katherine Hall, and Tommy Calabrese is the executive in charge of production. Co-creators Garth Holsinger and Jason Irwin also serve as producers.

Topics: Greg Behrendts Wake-Up Call |

8 Responses to “Greg Behrendt’s Wake-Up Call Reality Series In Production At ABC”

1. Kristi Cardenas Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:21 am

I am compelled to speak up because I am offended that Greg Behrendt’s books and show are even getting publicity. Understanding that the hype is not too great and that there are people out there that relate to this, I wonder why some continue to push a blanket idea that women are so slow to understand men. We are indeed different and smart folks will celebrate differences.

What should be noted is that Greg is qualified to give advice based on the fact that he is a man? It’s funny because often times as he is trying to “empower” women, he is really promoting the generalization that women are helpless and incapable of understanding simple male behavior.

2. AL Says:
    November 10th, 2006 at 3:29 pm

What are Greg’s counseling qualifications? Does he have a PhD or a Master’s in Counseling or Psychology? I have been unable to find any information related to his college education related to his counseling people on T.V. and advice offered on his website.
    Greg cannot offer counseling and advice without a professional degree.

3. Anonymous Says:
    December 7th, 2006 at 9:45 pm

I can’t tell you who I am, but let it suffice to say that Greg has come into my life and affected a change so great that no amount of my own stubborness, or college-educated psychology-taught feminism could stand a chance.

Greg has a magical way of looking into someone’s soul, regardless of gender, and you will find that it’s not about gender stereotyping at all.

It’s about finding ourselves and remaining true to that, while at the same time finding the space in our heart to love the right person for us– and accepting nothing less than ultimate love in return.

Watch his show in January – it will change your mind. I know.

4. louis dorsainvil Says:
    January 3rd, 2007 at 1:51 pm

Greg my name is louis dorsainvil,jr I am 52 yrs old and I have never seen my father. I just found out that he is alive and doing well in Inglewood California at the age of 78, Im nervose about this situation,because I’m a cancer patient headed for surgery for the third time, I went into a comma for a month the first time, now I’m thinking if I should see him first with this colostomy bag on or wait till after surgery

5. Marie Rattigan Says:
    May 15th, 2007 at 10:17 pm

DearOpera, My name is Marie Rattigan I’m an AB honor roll student at Bolivard Height Elementry . This letter that I’m writeing to you is because of my parents Michelle Ribalta and David Ribalta. My mom has six kids of her own.Including her sister that her mom past away a few years ago and also she has my cousin which his mom and dad got deported home to Jamaica .My mom is a person that is always helping others and when she is going through things the same pepole she helps does not help her.I see days go by and there is no light,water or food.There are only two income in the household. So I am asking you if you can PLEASE help us.

6. Dr Phil Says:
    August 20th, 2007 at 5:04 pm

Dr. Phil doesn’t have a degree in psychology, he’s a doctor of philosophy or something like that. He was a jury consultant for Oprah Winfrey’s trial against the beef people, and that is how he got where he is. How is Greg B. any less qualified? By comparison, he’s not any less qualified.

7. Liv Says:
    August 22nd, 2007 at 12:57 pm

Still no answer to “does Greg have degree of any kind?

8. Martha Escamilla Says:
    October 15th, 2007 at 12:48 pm

I am a beautiful, strong independent woman. I don’t consider myself helpless or incapable of understanding simple male behavior. In fact I am very intelligent. This being said, I have been in a make up break up relationship this whole year. I have many great and intelligent girlfriends who are very succesful (lawyers, directors, brokers, etc.) that have been very supportive and have offered me tons of great advice throughout all this. It wasn’t until I got Greg’s books that I have been able to make a clear analysis and firm decision about my relationship. I am absolutely in love with Greg’s style of getting the point across. I smiled and laughed so many times while reading these books and the best part is that the message I needed to “Get” finally came across loud and clear!!! Thank you Greg. I can’t tell you how much I am looking forward to watching your show and how much your books have changed me and my perspectives for the better!

I don’t give a damn about what educational background you have. Your willingness to tell us Superfoxes what is really going on has helped myself and countless other women! I recommend your book to every woman and especially those that are either dating or in a relationship/marriage they are unsure of.

Once again, thank you and I wish you all the success and happiness in the world!

Comments