America’s Got Talent Delivered Big Ratings For NBC

June 22, 2006 06:34 PM by Joe Blackmon

Last night’s debut of "America’s Got Talent" delivered NBC’s highest non-Olympic adult 18-49 rating and total viewership in the time period in 14 months, according to preliminary "fast affiliate-based" "live plus same day" viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research. Paced by "America’s Got Talent," NBC won Wednesday night in adults 18-49 and in total viewers.

From 9-11 p.m. ET, the premiere of "America’s Got Talent" (4.6 rating, 14 share in adults 18-49, 12.1 million viewers overall) scored NBC’s top results in the slot since April 20, 2005, winning its two-hour time period in adults 18-49 and total viewers versus competition that included Fox’s original series "So You Think You Can Dance."

"America’s Got Talent" was up 84 percent in 18-49 rating versus NBC’s average in the time period last summer (4.6 vs. 2.5) and up 44 percent versus NBC’s average in the time period during the recently concluded 2005-06 regular season (4.6 vs. 3.2). This marks the highest 18-49 rating for any non-sports telecast on any network since the June 5 season finale of "Deal or No Deal" and second-highest since the May sweep ended on May 24.

Topics: America's Got Talent |

24 Responses to “America’s Got Talent Delivered Big Ratings For NBC”

1. Anonymous Says:
    June 22nd, 2006 at 7:48 pm

It won’t last. This show sucks! Watch the rating go way down next week!

2. Denise Says:
    June 22nd, 2006 at 8:40 pm

The show was terrible !! I won’t watch again. I was embarrassed for Regis Philbin. I can’t believe he is involved with this stupid show. The Gong Show contestants had more talent!

3. Ronnie Says:
    June 22nd, 2006 at 8:45 pm

All I could think during the show was: when will it ever end and GONG SHOW revisited. I agree with the other poster about a ratings freefall next week. I know I wont be watching!

4. FL Says:
    June 22nd, 2006 at 9:32 pm

bad show

5. FL Says:
    June 22nd, 2006 at 9:33 pm

momma im here

6. FL Says:
    June 22nd, 2006 at 9:34 pm

JULES HI

7. jupiter Says:
    June 22nd, 2006 at 9:37 pm

dawlin you still like chris?

8. Anonymous Says:
    June 22nd, 2006 at 10:55 pm

What a waste of good air time! It was terrible and it won’t last!

9. jen Says:
    June 23rd, 2006 at 9:30 am

You people are all haters. This is a Simon Cowell production. Simon knows what he’s doing. This show will gather momentum and do monster ratings.

Look at what the article said. This show and Deal or No Deal are the highest rated shows this month.

10. Shelly Says:
    June 23rd, 2006 at 11:01 am

We are not haters. We just know the show sucks. Instead of calling it “America’s got talent” It should be called “Do America have talent?

11. moon Says:
    June 23rd, 2006 at 5:23 pm

the only thing worst than the crap they thought was talent was the jerks who were the judges!!!!

12. Ned S. Says:
    June 23rd, 2006 at 8:22 pm

What is going on with NBC? Why are we buying products based on this uninteresting and not well planned show. Regis is to old, the Judges lack judging ability and the talent is fourth or fifth class. One talent was worthy of listening too. The rest lacks any chance of being talent. Sorry Regis, but you were better on the Millionaire show. This type of show weakens your position as the Master. I shall never watch this show again…

13. sam Says:
    June 25th, 2006 at 9:29 pm

what a joke!!! this is garbage….this is a waste of creative talent and a waste of the publics time to view….pure garbage!!!!

14. Sandy Says:
    June 28th, 2006 at 3:20 pm

Aside from not enough use of the wonderful Regis Philbin, my husband and I both enjoyed America’s Got Talent very much – laughed a lot and there is not much so-called comedy on TV that makes me laugh. The ratings tell the tale.

15. td Says:
    June 28th, 2006 at 9:27 pm

I just thought the “angel” act was bad until I saw the stripping Snow White. This is a contest to win a million dollars – these people can’t honestly believe they rank in that category. You can see either in Vegas for just a few bucks or FREE.
    Do they not screen these idiots at all?
    I don’t think America wants TRASH
    to win. If they keep letting these low class acts through – we won’t watch it!!!!

16. Trish Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 6:54 am

The last little girl who sang made me glad I watched the show.. there were a few good acts, but she stole it all.

17. Tammy Maynard Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 9:17 am

That 11 year that sang….OMG! I had goose bumps!! I could not believe what was coming out of that child. Absolutely beautiful!! She is the only reason I am glad I sat and watched it all.

18. Fritz C Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 10:36 pm

I cannot understand the number of extremely negative comments. Yes, many of the acts are terrible, as in the beginning of American Idol and So you think you can Dance. But any type of talent qualifies, not just song and dance. This makes it interesting and produces some fabulous acts, such as the incredible 8 yr old comedian and the un-be-liev-able 11 yr old “black” singer. I am very curious how the next round will proceed and how judging between such different acts can work at the end.

19. Joe Says:
    June 30th, 2006 at 2:48 am

Just give the show a chance. I myself love reality T.V. Good job to those involved, and for for the haters sorry can’t please all. That’s why there’s more than one channel. But I really do think that the show will get better as it goes along. Of coarse there’s going to be some acts with no talent but I am sure they will be weeded out at the end. Some people just don’t know that they don’t have talent, there just to confident and I guess they just needed to be told. I can’t wait to see the next show…

20. Made In The Usa Says:
    July 1st, 2006 at 8:16 pm

Made In The Usa

http://www.dealtime.com Save time and money every time you shop. Choose from millions of deals. Add your web site for free.Find De…

21. Zoom-In Blog Says:
    July 3rd, 2006 at 1:24 pm

‘America’s Got Talent’: Putting the irony in TV-show titles

For those who want more from their summer evenings than another American Idol rip-off, Entertainment Weekly’s Popwatch has a funny summary about ABC’s latest contribution to the reality show craze. Although, come to think of it, if the ratings for…

22. Loretta Says:
    July 3rd, 2006 at 8:22 pm

Looking for the name of the song from the boy that got taken off the show.

23. Harry Drew Says:
    July 22nd, 2006 at 8:18 am

I was blessed to hear Bianca Ryan the 11 year old sing!! I’ve been a musician for 50 years, and it’s a rare occasion to hear anything close to this girl. Can’t wait to hear more from her. You go girl!!!

24. djboogie Says:
    July 14th, 2007 at 5:14 pm

please, learn grammar.
    As far as the show is concerned, the most talented acts get sent home, and garbage like the idiot that looks like Tatoo from fantasy island, with a little streetwalker mixed in (hence, the Shakira” impersonator joke) went through.
    Haha, what a load of scripted crap

Comments