America’s Got Talent – Leonid The Magnificent Gets A Second Chance

June 28, 2006 09:42 PM by Joe Blackmon

Leonid_the_magnificentThe New York auditions for America’s Got Talent kicked off with a clogging ensemble called All That from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  All three judges gave rave reviews to the group and quickly voted them through to the next round.  Second up was William J. McGowan from Whiting, New Jersey who sang the song “Cara Mia.”  All three judges buzzed him.  Piers Morgan called him “the worst singer I’ve ever heard.”

Third up was Leonid The Magnificent from Brooklyn, New York who did a sword balancing act while dressed up as an angel with white and pink wings.  Piers Morgan told Leonid that he would be “perfect for the top of his Christmas tree” but otherwise was completely useless.  Even though Brandy voted to put him through, both Piers and David Hasselhoff said no.

Fourth up was Elliot Zimet from Bronx, New York who did a magic act where he made birds appear out of thin air.  All three judges thought he was great and put him through to the next round.  Fifth up was Corin Brouder from the Bronx, New York who sand and played the harp.  All three judges loved her voice and put her through to the next round.

Sixth up was Dave Smith from Oak Bridge, New Jersey who sang and played guitar with his legs behind his head.  Despite David Hasselhoff’s objection, Brandy and Piers voted to put Dave through to the next round.  Brandy insisted on bringing Leonid The Magnificent back out to have a discussion with the guys.  Leonid made an impassioned plea (complete with captions) saying “Yes, for you I’m Christmas Tree, but for somebody else I can be a God.”  Piers decided to change his mind and give him one more chance.

Seventh up was a band called PBM from Detroit, Michigan.  Piers thought the band needed a great lead singer, but Brandy and David put them through to the next round.  Eighth up was Frank Simon who balanced a motor bike and a stove using his mouth.  All three judges buzzed him, and Piers told him that “this is a talent show not a freak show.”  Ninth up was Matther Fuhrman from Miami Beach, Florida who took his shirt off and did beatbox.  All three judges passed on him.  Tenth up was Michelle L’amour from Chicago, Illinois who did a striptease.  Brandy hit all three buttons, but Piers and David put her through.

Eleventh up was a martial arts act called Side Swipe.  All three judges thought they were energetic and amazing and put them through to the next round.  Twelfth up was Marlon Reynolds who sang “I Left My Heart In San Francisco” and was immediately buzzed off.  Thirteenth up was Bianca Ryan from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who sang “I’m Telling You I’m Not Going.”  Bianca got a standing ovation from Brandy and David, and all three judges put her through.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for America’s Got Talent news.  For other great America’s Got Talent news, please also check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got Talent.

Topics: America's Got Talent |

11 Responses to “America’s Got Talent – Leonid The Magnificent Gets A Second Chance”

1. Kate Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 12:17 am

Since when is stripping considered a talent!! They shouldn’t let these people on this show!! How disgusting!!! I hope this show ends up getting cancelled!!!!

2. C Says:
    June 29th, 2006 at 7:15 am

Hear! Hear! I do, too.

I have only watched bits and pieces of this idiotic show – get bored or disgusted quickly and I change the channel.

I think Regis is an excellent show host – BUT CERTAINLY NOT ON THIS SHOW! This show is making him look STUPID for agreeing to do it.

3. sas Says:
    June 30th, 2006 at 12:00 am

OK , I had originally been hard on the opener but I think it is growing on me . There was definitely some talent like the group of 4 guys doing acapella (sp?) and the young girl singers .

Which brings up a problem : obviously the talent is going to be a singer or group of singers . This other stuff nobody is going to care about .

Otherwise I think it is getting better . David is a shy guy of course and not sure if he can grow out of that on this show .

4. joan murphy Says:
    July 2nd, 2006 at 8:55 am

I loved the young harpist.

5. Mariah Says:
    July 3rd, 2006 at 3:07 am

I agree with the striptease thing. That is at least the second person that they’ve put through to the next round for stripping. And the first one was an old man!! EW!

6. Happy Dwarf Says:
    July 6th, 2006 at 6:58 pm

Michelle L’Amour is god

7. Someone Says:
    July 8th, 2006 at 8:10 am

They shouldn’t let these people on this show!!! Isn’t this supposed to be a family show?!?

8. emily Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 12:06 am

i think you did the best of ever one

9. Dana Says:
    August 10th, 2006 at 12:36 am

does anyone know the name of the song leonid was doing his second act of? It’s a techno song!!!

Leonid rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. pola Says:
    August 13th, 2006 at 9:10 pm

oh my god! i love Leonid! so what? yes he is gay, but a brave one!!!! he knew that everyone will hate him… but he did it…. i bet they will kick him out as soon as possible… poor boy.

11. morgan Says:
    September 2nd, 2006 at 5:54 pm

I think that leonid is the ghettoest person ever! i want to meet him in person but have no way to contact him!It sucks but he is the greatest. i love his outfits and think that him and regis should hook up.lol!!!!!!

Comments