So You Think You Can Dance Top Ten Dancers Perform

July 18, 2006 11:01 PM by Joe Blackmon

The So You Think You Can Dance competition is changing this week. The contestants will choose new partners at random, and viewers will vote for their favorite individual dancers, not for couples. In another new twist, only viewers’ votes will determine which guy and which girl are eliminated.

The Top 10 dancers – top five guys Dmitry Chaplin, Ivan Koumaev, Ryan Rankine, Benji Schwimmer and Travis Wall; and top five girls Natalie Fotopoulos, Heidi Groskreutz, Allison Holker, Donyelle Jones and Martha Nichols – will compete on a special two-hour performance show Wednesday, July 19 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The following night, Chris Brown will perform, and two more dancers will go home on the live results show Thursday, July 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

Platinum artist and award-winner Chris Brown is not only a talented vocalist, but a versatile songwriter, dancer and blossoming businessman who has already learned the many intricacies of the music industry. From Tappahannock, VA, population 2,000, Brown got his musical initiation early in life, inspired by his parents’ eclectic taste and the sounds of favorites Michael Jackson, Sam Cooke, Stevie Wonder, Donnie Hathaway, Anita Baker and Aretha Franklin.

By the time he was 13, Brown was known to music producers. His debut CD “Chris Brown” takes listeners on a journey through malls, parties and teen hangouts as Brown covers a variety of subjects, including young love. The album has been certified platinum and has won Brown several awards to date. He is getting ready for his headlining “Up Close and Personal Tour” to begin in August.

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and comes from 19 Entertainment Ltd. and dick clark productions. It is executive-produced by Simon Fuller, Nigel Lythgoe and Allen Shapiro.

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

17 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Top Ten Dancers Perform”

1. Marysa Says:
    July 19th, 2006 at 7:05 am

DOES THAT MEAN THAT PEOPLE THAT ARE ONLY IN TH AUDITION GET TO VOTE OR PEOPLE THAT WATCH IT AND THE AUDITION.

2. Anonymous Says:
    July 19th, 2006 at 7:40 am

to the poster above –

lol …. WHAT?

3. "Dannie" Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 1:33 am

So after tonight’s performances this is my observation:

Benji, Travis, Donyelle, and Heidi totally feel the music and move me and are good dancers. They also did well tonight.

Dmitri needs to stop tearing his shirt, it’s not cute anymore (even though i’m a girl and love a good body). He’s a good technical dancer, but his latin dances lack some latin flavor even though they are mechanically sound.

Ivan acted his age and regressed some since last week, but i still think he’s a good dancer and will become even better. Probably not win though…

Ryan and Martha will probably leave after this week although i do appreciate both of their athleticism and technique

Best couple dance of the night in my opinion…..PASO DOBLE Travis and Heidi, dang!!!! that was hot!

4. Marysa Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 7:24 am

BENJI WASSO AMAZING LAST NIGHT. HE WAS SO FUNNY WHEN EVERYONE WAS BOOING AND HE WAS LIKE IT’S ALRIGHT, IT’S ALRIGHT. THEY WAY HE SAKES IS a*S IS SO HILARIOUS. DMITRY WAS GREAT LAST NIGHT. IVAN WAS FANTASTIC. TRAVIS WAS AMAZING. I THINK MARTHA MIGHT ME GOING HOME. I NOTICE THAT MOST OF THE CONTESTANTS WERE CRYING. NATALIE,MARTHA,TRAVIS AND HEIDI. I THINK RYAN OR DMITRY’S GOING HOME. BEN WAS OUT IN THE AUDITION. IT WAS REALLY WIERD SEEING HIM AGAIN.

5. King Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 8:24 am

MAN WHY THE HELL ARE THE JUDGES TRYING TO PROMOTE DONYELL SO MUCH SHE IS GOOD AND ALL BUT THE ONLY REASON HALF OF AMERICA WATCHES THE SHOW IS BECAUSE OF “ALLISON”. SHE IS SIMPLY AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL TO WATCH I HOPE THE REST OF AMERICA SEES THAT SHE NEEDS TO BE THE WINNER, EVEN THOUGH FOR SOME REASON THE JUDGES WANT DONYELLE TO WIN. ALLISON IF YOU READ THIS NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS PEOPLE WILL FOLLOW YOU WHERE EVER YOU WILL PERFORM

6. Franny Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 10:12 am

Natalie and Ryan will be the last two standing.

7. Franny Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 10:14 am

Excuse me I meant Benji and Natalie.

8. Gabs Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 1:33 pm

I think that Dmitry is sooooooooooooooooooo freakin’ HOT!!! I think that he should probably win but I am also rooting for Ivan, Travis and Natalie. Natalie has the best personality of all the dancers. I Love Hip-Hop so Ivan should win for that. And Travis is sooo passionate. F*** it they should all win!!!

9. DONYELLE&BENJI FOREVER Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 2:51 pm

Benji is my sweety, he can dance his little NON-butt off and he is the most entertaing to watch.(HE WILL WIN). Doneyelle is THE most gorgeous female i have seen, it doesnt matter what she picks, she can dance her butt of(broken toe and all). As for Allison,whoopy-do-da-day about her.She aint nothing special. I give her props because she can dance contempary but i will PISSED if she wins. There is just something about her that is not proffesional at all. ALL yall females who keep Dimitri on the show can go shove it somewhere. Musa was a way better dancer and just because you want to see him tear his shirt off doesnt give him the right to still be on the show. Ivan SUCKS, go home little boy. Ryan SUCKS. I didnt like Heidi at first but after the hip hop performance I LOVE HER. Martha is leaving and Travis is a great performer and he would have won id Benji wasnt on the show. So go :Donyelle & Benji.

10. CJ Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 8:45 pm

Why is it that they are dropping a male and female each week but only one dancer will win the contest. It would seem more fitting if one male and one female won the contest and not just one dancer.

11. Anonymous Says:
    July 20th, 2006 at 9:43 pm

why did Dmitry have to go he was totaly georgeous. I hope eather Natily or Allison wins though they r amazing dancers. I am leaning toward Natily. But it is still a tough dicision. I also feel bad for Martha she was a good dancer. But i guess she didn’t have what it takes to impress America.

12. Matty Says:
    July 21st, 2006 at 1:45 am

The only other people they need to get rid of are Ivan and Ryan and then the show will be FREAKIN AMAZING!!! They were good… but not good enough! I love all the girls that are on the show now and I think when and if ryan and ivan go then anyone can win and i’ll be happy!

13. Marysa Says:
    July 21st, 2006 at 7:24 am

A LIITLE SHOCKED THAT DMITRY WENT HOME INSTEAD OF RYAN. I THINK AMERICA DIDN’T VOTE FOR HIM BECAUSE THE WAY HE TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF OTHER THEN THAT THE NIGHT BEFORE, I THOUGHT HIS DANCING WAS AMAZING. BENJI YOU GO ALL THE WAY MAN. YOU ARE FANTASTIC. YOU KNOW HOW YOU SAID THE GREEK AND THE GEEK, INSTEAD OF JUST A GEEK YOU SHOULD SAY “A HOT GEEK” BECAUSE I THINK YOUR HOOOOTTT! BENJI AND YOUR ON FIRE. KEEP UP THE WORK. ALLISON SO SO. IF SHE WINS INSTEAD OF BENJI,DONYELLE,OR TRAVIS. I WOULD BE A LITTLE MAD EVEN THOUGH I’M A FAN, BUT I THINK THESE 3 DANCERS ARE BETTER THEN HER. TRAVIS, LOVE HIM ALL THE WAY. HE HAS GREAT TALENT. IVAN ON THE OTHER HAND I’M A FAN,BUT THOUGHT HE WAS GOING HOME LAST NIGHT. I GUESS I WAS WRONG. WHY WERE IVAN,BENJI,AND TRAVIS GOING WILD WHEN DMITRY TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF. DO THEY LIKE HIM OR SOMETHING OR JUST REALLY CLOSE FRIENDS? YOU THINK THE GIRLS WOULD GO CRAZY.

14. Aleksa Says:
    July 27th, 2006 at 4:05 pm

Travis Wall is wayyyyyyy HOT!!!

15. Kay Says:
    July 30th, 2006 at 7:43 am

I am so sad that Allison got voted off! I think she should have won!
    She was the only reason I watched the show!! :(

16. naomi Says:
    August 4th, 2006 at 11:28 am

Ivan shouldn’t have gottin kicked off it should have been Travis!!!

17. Marysa Says:
    August 5th, 2006 at 11:41 am

I AGREE WITH NAOMI BECAUSE IVAN WAS SO HOT AND SO GOOOODDD! TRAVIS BETTER LEAVE THIS WEEK OR ELSE I WILL BE VERY MAD!

Comments