So You Think You Can Dance Finale To Air In Two Parts

July 24, 2006 11:19 PM by Joe Blackmon

It’s “Wednesday Night Fever” as SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE gets closer to naming America’s favorite dancer. Only four contestants will make it to the final showdown in the two-part season finale airing on two consecutive Wednesdays, Wednesday, Aug. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, Aug. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

In part one of the season finale on Aug. 9, the Final 4 will perform in hopes of winning America’s votes. After the show, viewers will have two hours to cast their votes for their favorite dancers.

On the night everyone has been waiting for, part two of the season finale on Aug. 16, the voting results will be revealed and America’s favorite dancer will be crowned. The winner will dance away with a $100,000 cash prize, along with a new car and a one-year contract with Celine Dion’s Las Vegas show, “A New Day.”

Compared to its performance last summer, the Wed/Thu average of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE shows impressive gains, increasing +19% among Adults 18-49 (3.8/12 vs. 3.2/10), +21% among Adults 18-34 (4.0/13 vs. 3.3/11), +13% among Teens (2.7/11 vs. 2.4/9) and +19% in Total Viewers (9.5 vs. 8.0 Mil).

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and comes from 19 Entertainment Ltd. and dick clark productions. It is executive-produced by Simon Fuller, Nigel Lythgoe and Allen Shapiro.

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

11 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Finale To Air In Two Parts”

1. NJE Says:
    July 25th, 2006 at 5:57 pm

How much would people bet me that Benji, Travis, Donyelle, & Natalie will be the final 4?

2. Allets Says:
    July 26th, 2006 at 9:29 am

I’m pretty sure will be Benji, Travis, Donyelle, & Allison. I really love Nathalie, I think she is a great dancer, but Allison has too much more fans.

3. Tunisia Says:
    July 26th, 2006 at 9:47 am

I love to see Natalie go all the way into this competition. I can tell by the fans. I love Natalie!!!

4. Marysa Says:
    July 26th, 2006 at 10:53 am

I bet the top 4 wil be BENJI,DONYELLE,NATALIE AND TRAVIS.

5. Derek Says:
    July 26th, 2006 at 12:39 pm

Let’s make it happen let’s get up there and vote for Natalie to have a face off with Alison , and Benji and Travis for the boys.Now that is four awesome combo make it happen.

6. Katie Says:
    July 27th, 2006 at 8:16 am

I totally disagree with your piks of the bottom 4. I believe it will be Benji,Heidi,Donyelle,and Travis. How can any of you think that Allison will make it? I love Natalie, I am from Tampa, but I don’t think she has what it takes. Ryan can only really dance in his own style,otherwise he is uncomfortable you can see it in his face.

7. marysa Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 7:49 am

WHOEVER SAID ALLIOSN WOULD BE IN THE TOP 4, YOU WERE WRONG. SHE WENT HOME. I THINK NOW THE TOP 4 ARE GOING TO BE BENJI,HEIDI,IVAN AND DONYELLE

8. benjifan Says:
    August 4th, 2006 at 8:04 am

I WAS WRONG WITH ONLY ONE PERSON TRAVIS MADE IT NOT IVAN

9. benjiandivanfan Says:
    August 6th, 2006 at 6:10 pm

I WAS REALLY SAD TO SEE IVAN GO, BUT I THINK THE WINNER WILL EITHER TRAVIS OR BENJI BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE 2 BEST DANCERS YET. AMERICA PLEASE VOTE TO MAKE IVAN OR TRAVIS THE WINNERS.

10. Marysa Says: