Katharine McPhee Misses Another American Idol Tour Stop

July 28, 2006 12:20 AM by Joe Blackmon

K_mcphee

Will Katharine McPhee ever show up for the American Idol Tour?  Some fans are starting to wonder.  After appearing on The View and performing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” all indications were that Katharine McPhee would be performing at the Thursday night American Idol Tour stop in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

In fact, many celebrity news sites were so confident that she would be back that they ran headlines touting her return.  E! Online quoted Katharine McPhee denying the various rumors that have circulated about her absence from the tour.  McPhee said that her absence was due to bronchitis and laryngitis and not due to making a movie, trying to distance herself from Idol, or to bulimia.

So did Katharine McPhee finally take the stage in Pittsburgh?  Not according to fans who attended the concert and have been posting on the American Idol message boards.  Some fans are reporting seeing signs that said Katharine McPhee would not be performing due to illness.  Other fans are saying that there was no explanation offered as to why she wasn’t there.

However, according to reports on KatharineFans.com, Katharine can hardly be blamed for missing this latest tour stop.  Apparently, Katharine McPhee was on her way to rejoin the tour when she encountered a problem that almost all of us have probably encountered in our lives.  Katharine McPhee’s plane flight to Pittsburgh got delayed because of severe weather.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol and SirLinksALot: Katharine McPhee.

Topics: American Idol |

11 Responses to “Katharine McPhee Misses Another American Idol Tour Stop”

1. Linda Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 1:12 am

#1 – Her commiment is to this tour not to the View, so she should of been in Pittsburgh the night before anyways. We know she was feeling better, so there really is no excuse.

#2 – I checked flights out of all three NYC airports and she could of gotten on numerous flights from 1:00PM – 4:30 that left and landed in Pittsbugh in plenty of time for the tour.

BALONEY I SAY!!

2. Dave Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 5:27 am

She can’t RE-joing the tour if she was never on the tour in the first place. ;-)

3. maria Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 5:30 am

Dude you checked all the flights! Get a life, at this point I could care less whether she was there or not I’m more concerned about you! Get help please.

4. Sagie Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 5:58 am

She only cares about getting press. She said in her interview that she was looking forward to going on The View… Uh Kat, the tour is your priorty, not a TV show! She just crapped all over her fans yet again last night.

5. Katsback Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 6:26 am

some people here are soooo irrational…can you guys control the weather?if you do then please tell me so i can tell kat…ugh…if she had the power to control the weather then you guys would shut up but unfortunately she doesn’t…how sure are you that she was the one who had to book her flight at that time,it may have been the management that booked her…thinking before posting really helps you know?

6. jo Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 6:54 am

The girl is unbelievable. total shame for AI.
    Geez what if she had won.

7. stacy Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 7:53 am

If I was a betting person, I would have put my house on the fact that she would be “better” in time for the meeting with the President.

8. Honey Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 8:35 am

Woot! Looks like yet another concert was spared, they’ve been getting along just FINE without her all this time. who cares?

9. Anonymous Says:
    July 28th, 2006 at 10:57 pm

Who cares. She`s not even that big of a star. She realizes this which is why she isn`t wasting her time touring and spending it whoring herself to the press. Really… she`s nothing more than a poor man`s Clarkson. Nobody will remember her two years from now.

Again, poor man`s Clarkson.

10. Anonymous Says:
    July 31st, 2006 at 9:45 pm

I agree – if her commitment is to the tour, she should not have gone to NYC to be on The View the same morning as her debut on the tour. I paid good money to go to the concert in Pittsburgh and feel ripped off. There was not even an explanation provided of why she wasn’t there. They just pretended she didn’t exist. I waited months to see her sing live and when I heard she was sick, I was devestated. Then the day of the show in Pittsburhg, I heard she would join the tour that night and I was ecstatic which left me all the more disappointed when she didn’t show up. Katharine McSucks – she’s a liar, she’s not dedicated to her fans, she just wants to promote her career by being on TV shows.

11. Anonymous Says:
    August 1st, 2006 at 9:33 pm

GET A LIFE! WHO CARES!

Her peers couldn’t even care less about her. Did any one of them say anything about missing her why the tour was in production? NO!

Comments