Keith Michael Kicked Off Project Runway For Breaking Rules

August 02, 2006 10:31 PM by Joe Blackmon

Keith_michaelFor their challenge, the designers are asked to create an outfit for Macy’s INC brand.  To mix things up, the designers get to pick models again.  In another twist, Tim Gunn tells the designers that they will be working in teams of three.  The designers are given thirty minutes for sketching.  After presenting their sketches, Mehmet Tangoren from Macy’s chooses Robert, Bonnie, Keith, and Angela as team leaders.  For their reward, Tim Gunn tells the designers that the winning design will be put in production and sold at Macy’s worldwide.

Kayne tells some of the other designers that he saw some pattern making books in Keith Michael’s room.  Kayne decides to go to the producers.  Tim Gunn reveals that in addition to the books, Keith also left the show for several hours and used the Internet.  Because of the rule violations, Tim Gunn asks Keith to leave the show.  Keith says “My image has been tarnished forever.  I’m off the show, and I’m going to be a laughing stock to my friends.”

For the competition, the judges are Vera Wang, Nina Garica, and Mehmet Tangoren.  Keith’s former team of Jeffrey and Alison and Angela’s team are given the highest two scores by the judge, and Angela’s team ultimately wins the design competition.

Bonnie’s team and Robert’s team are given the two lowest scores by the judges.  The final two up for elimination are team leaders Robert Best and Bonnie Dominguez.  Heidi Klum tells Robert that his outfit was a total bore and Bonnie that her outfit was stale.  Then, Heidi says “Bonnie, you’re out.”

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Project Runway news.  For other great Project Runway news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Project Runway.

Topics: Project Runway |

14 Responses to “Keith Michael Kicked Off Project Runway For Breaking Rules”

1. Mandy Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 12:18 am

I feel so bad for Keith, I mean yes I understand he broke the rules. But, he didn’t use the books and he is a TERRIFIC designer. I don’t think he is the laughing stock, nor do I think his name is tarnished. If I could afford him I would be honored to have an original Keith Michael design. I hope that he has the drive to keep going.

2. Belle Book Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 10:40 am

I also don’t think Keith will be a laughing stock. I also agree that he’s a terrific designer. But he broke the rules and that DOES tarnish his name. Whether he broke the rules out of sheer cockiness or out of some deep-seated insecurity like Tim Gunn suggested, the fact is he broke the rules and must pay the price for his actions.

3. JR Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 10:58 am

What everyone forgets to say is that his designs were great. In all the challenges his designs were on the top. Yeah, his team mates had a harder time finishing up without their leader and the execution was great, but the design was Keith’s!!

4. Mandy Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 12:33 pm

Yeah, he had the top designs a couple of times. I mean he would have won the dog challenge if he had put an outfit on the dog. He is great and I hope that he will continue.

5. Dennis Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 12:45 pm

Plain and simple, he broke the rules. Whether he used the books is irrelavent. Yes he was good, and Tim Gunn acknowledged that. But shouldn’t they have made it so no one went home? Won’t it be a week shorter now?

6. Mandy Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 12:50 pm

Also, I need to say that I think Kayne and Robert were so quick to tell the producers because they were afraid of Keith’s talent. I mean Kayne goes and tells everyone and then Robert says, “This is not for us to hash out, go straight to the producers.” If either of them win I hope they know they didn’t beat the best. I would have just told Keith, “I saw these and you need to get rid of them before you get caught.” Getting rid of competition is cowardly. They’re afraid of being up against THE BEST!!!!

7. Mandy Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 12:51 pm

I hope it’s not a week shorter. I don’t know though.

8. Richard Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 2:25 pm

My friend Jamie is crushed. She’s in love with Keith, she was outbid on his outfit from episode 1 and still regrets that she didn’t win the outfit that he hand made. She didn’t come to work today and I’m worried. I think I’m going to check on her after work or maybe call her mother.

9. Anonymous Says:
    August 3rd, 2006 at 7:32 pm

Richard, your friend needs help… you too, Mandy.

10. Sheri Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 9:23 pm

I just want to say one thing there are many great designers. robert nor kayne knew keith was a major payer and they had to find a way to eliminate their competitor and should just remember one thing, jealousy burns baby down to the ground. ANd neither one of those fools deserve to win!

11. Cabanaboi Says:
    August 10th, 2006 at 9:38 am

Bunch of tattle-tailers. Come on people, grow up, mind your own business and carry on! lol

12. Mandy Says:
    August 11th, 2006 at 8:34 am

To the person who said I need help, all I can say is Kane is that you?

13. Risa Says:
    August 13th, 2006 at 7:34 pm

I hope that Keith returns for season 4. He is a great designer. I can’t “stand” Kayne! What on god earth made prompted him to search through Keith’s personal belongings. Why Keith ….Why ? You are brilliant, you didn’t need to any books or “how-to-books” You might be “down” for a brief second but, never out.
    I hope to see you on television soon. Good Luck Keith. You are truly missed!

14. Molly M. Says:
    August 18th, 2006 at 7:31 am

Keith didn’t just break one rule (the books), he also used the internet, AND “was absent for several hours.” Keith is just someone (albeit very talented) who has a problem playing fairly. Why should the other designers have put up with such blatant disregard for the rules?

After he was kicked off, he then had the cluelessness to refer to himself as a “scapegoat.” Talk about denial. THAT was really eye-opening to me. He still has no clue that his own actions are what lost him the opportunity to stay on and perhaps win.

Kayne and Robert did what they had to do. Yes, it made them look like two tattletales, but how many rules was Keith supposed to break before someone got sick of it?

Comments