Rock Star Supernova – What Did Zayra Alvarez Wear?

August 09, 2006 01:37 AM by Joe Blackmon

The song choices for the rock stars are starting to play second fiddle to the outfit choices by Zayra Alvarez.  After dressing in a spacesuit and a superhero outfit, Zayra’s latest wardrobe is a gold spandex bodysuit with a black top hat.  After her performance, Dave Navarro  says “If this show was called Rock Star Planet Pluto, you would win by a landslide.”  Zayra took Dave’s feedback as a compliment, even though we don’t think he intended it to be.

Putting outfits aside, Lukas Rossi one again shows why he was an early favorite in the competition.  Lukas’ performance of Creep by Radiohead is perhaps the best performance of the show.  However, there is another rock star that deserves the encore.  Magni’s performance of “The Dolphin’s Cry” by Live is a true breakout performance for him and proves that he is a real contender to win the competition.

One of the more interesting performances is by Toby Rand.  Toby sings “Burning Down The House” by the Talking Heads.  Toby actually does an excellent job with the song, but when he brings in a megaphone, it is too reminiscent of J.D. Fortune from last season.  When J.D. Fortune used the megaphone it was unique and original, and Toby Rand’s use of the same prop falls short in comparison.

When the early voting results are announced at the end of the show, Jill Gioia, Zayra Alvarez, and Patrice Pike are all in the bottom three.  Will these three stay in the bottom three?  We think Jill and Patrice will stay, but Zayra might get the "we want to keep her around to see what she wears vote" and move out of the bottom three.  If Zayra rises out, then Josh Logan will probably take her place.  Who will be eliminated?  We wouldn’t be surprised to see a double elimination this week with both Jill and Patrice going home.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Rock Star: Supernova news.  For other great Rock Star: Supernova news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Rock Star: Supernova.

Topics: Rock Star |

14 Responses to “Rock Star Supernova – What Did Zayra Alvarez Wear?”

1. Jason Newsted's Kramer-esque Hair Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 6:00 am

I don’t get the love for Lukas. He is the most generic over-confidant cliché I have seen on a show! His look is not original and his performances often leave me cold. The one male performance I usually look forward to is Magni. Outside of his bad first week, the guy has been money every performance, he just lacks that visual flair. Lukas just reeks of “flavor du jour”. I am also starting to warm up to Ryan. The past few weeks he has made good song choices that make you notice him.

It is a shame Zayra’s outfits are overshadowing two of the best woman performers — Dilana and Storm. Both were spot on yet again last night. Storm really showed her vocal power last night. While I am a huge Queen fan and usually hate people doing covers because they go way over the top (see last season of American Idol and their “Queen theme night”), Storm was really good in her performance. She kept the theatrics and have-to-be-larger-than-Freddie mentality in check.

2. brianne Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 6:49 am

I really liked Lukas last night. I felt he did a good job of clawing his way back up from his little trainwreck last week and i think he deserves to FINALLY get the Encore.

3. Insider Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 8:21 am

It will be Jill going home tonight!

4. Insider Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 8:21 am

It will be Jill going home tonight!

5. Voodoo ^..^aster Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 8:35 am

Zayra singing is so bad, I don’t care if she came out naked!! The fact that other good singers/ performers are getting cut and losing out on chance to show what they can do, just so everyone can see Zayras outfits is crazy. She should be on ‘Project Runway’ NOT ROCKSTAR!

6. ZK Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 8:38 am

I have to agree with Jason’s hair (LOL), I don’t get Lukas. While he did BETTER last night, I didn’t find he showed range, as he meant to. He merely whispered the usual straining-vocals….that isn’t opening your throat and letting the sound out. He was right about one thing though, he IS a creep! ;-)

Magni deserves the encore this week, though I believe they’ll throw it to cranium-boy, as they are clearly trying to spread it around. Magni is making the greatest progress in this competition, IMO.

Dilana is still a goddess and my fav!

Oh…and where were the rest of the original songs? I was SO disappointed I didn’t get to hear Zayra’s trainwreck!

7. kerry Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 11:36 am

Sorry, I don’t get the excitement over Dilana. I can’t even make it through the entire performance, her voice is grating on me. I enjoyed Time after Time, and that has been it. Way overrated.

8. Elle Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 1:28 pm

No way should Patrice be going home tonight.

9. Elle Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 1:29 pm

No way should Patrice be going home tonight.

10. JJ Says:
    August 9th, 2006 at 5:47 pm

Well last night’s show was the best I’ve seen all season. All the guys were awesome and Storm and Dilana were great as usual. Not only do I think the bottom three will remain as is, I think all three will be leaving. I’ll miss Zayra’s wacky waredrobe though!

11. Greg Says:
    August 10th, 2006 at 1:16 pm

I thought Tuesdays show was the best yet – and it held many surprises for me. This was the first week where I thought Lukas was fantastic – I’ve hated him since week 1, but he turned me around with his performance. I love Zayra – she is completely wrong for the band and I hope they keep her around a long time. I thought “all the young dudes” was totally awesome performance, maybe not the best singing, but it was well done – and I’m NOT a fan of “theatrics” (I’m a metallica fan, for example). But her performance was excellent – I had to place it twice, even with my eyes closed – awesome.

I’m glad Josh is gone. I liked Jill (she grinded the one guy in Rock that doesn’t want to grind) – I could do without Patrice.

Not a fan of Storm, but her Champions cover won me over.

Finalists: Magni, Lukas, Dilana

12. Greg Says:
    August 10th, 2006 at 1:46 pm

Not a fan of Storm, but her Champions cover won me over.

Finalists: Magni, Lukas, Dilana

13. someone Says:
    August 30th, 2006 at 4:43 am

omg lukas u are sweet!!!!!!!!! i absolutly cant stand magni but lukas should win hands down! SO VOTE FOR LUKAS ROSSI!!!!!!!!!!

i just cant enough of him
    love someone

14. Anonymous Says:
    August 30th, 2006 at 4:45 am

i think lukas is number one fave!!!!!!! he did so well on lithium well good luck

Comments