Scare Tactics Returning To Sci-Fi Channel

August 09, 2006 12:48 AM by Joe Blackmon

Scare Tactics, the most innovative hidden camera show on TV, where friends set up friends, will return to the SCI FI Channel on Thursday August 10 and August 17 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT with two special episodes. Scare Tactics premiered on the SCI FI Channel in April 2003 and, during its three season run, Scare Tactics’ producers and the SCI FI website received close to 50,000 requests from people wanting to set up their friends and family.

Scare Tactics, a delightfully wicked half-hour weekly series, took the hidden camera to all new heights. Whatever the hoax, Scare Tactics skillfully turned people into believers of the unbelievable. Set up by their friends and family, unsuspecting victims found themselves trapped in twisted sci-fi and horror movie scenes with stylized shooting, an editing style and musical score that made each episode feel like a mini-feature film.

On Thursday, August 10, two workers become human bait while cleaning a piranha-filled pond, a hotel maid disturbs the room of a psychotic killer, an old farmer orders up a wedding after a farmhand walks in on his topless daughter and exterminators are called to investigate some mysterious noises in the wall. On Thursday, August 17, the episode with VH1′s Greatest Prank of All Time, in which a lab assistant is terrorized by a genetically altered mutant, will air again, along with partygoers who cross paths with a bloodthirsty gang of vampire bikers, a kid working for the state who accidentally steps on a deadly mine, and an unwitting nursemaid crosses paths with the treacherous "Mr. B" (series host Stephen Baldwin).

Topics: Scare Tactics |

8 Responses to “Scare Tactics Returning To Sci-Fi Channel”

1. william fabrega Says:
    September 3rd, 2006 at 6:47 am

hi how would i buy all full seasons of scare tactics

2. patty Says:
    January 22nd, 2007 at 3:20 pm

I am trying to find out how to be on the show scare tactics….I NEED to scare a friend but cant find out how to get on the show

3. robert Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 6:05 pm

how can i buy full seasons of scare tatics

4. jb Says:
    June 22nd, 2007 at 9:04 am

how can I buy seasons of scare tactics, I’ve been searching for over a year!!! PLEASE, if anyone knows, we’re dying to buy it as a gift for someone.

5. misti Says:
    July 11th, 2007 at 10:03 am

yes i absolutely LOVE this show. How can i buy the seasons?

6. Shelia Says:
    November 4th, 2007 at 10:28 pm

I am really wondering how i can find a elaborate way to scare my brother! My Father was a practical joker loving to fool and scare anyone esp my brother n me! Since my father passed last feb we have spent many days reminancing about him scaring us! I am desperate to get my brother because he gets me all the time!My father would be so proud if I could actually get scaretatics to help me get my brother! By the way my dad watched the show all the time when he was alive! I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner! Please let me know how i can get my brother on scaretatics!
    Seriously
    Shelia

7. Liv Says:
    June 15th, 2008 at 6:48 pm

How can one get on Scare Tactics?

8. Tawana Says:
    March 16th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I am trying to figure out how to put my brother on Scare Tactics? Because he says that nothing or no one can scare him!!! So can you please help me out? Thanks!!!

Comments